Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Humans and Beasts ❯ Chapter 3: Plans and Revenge ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I am so sorry for the long wait! I had schoolwork to finish on and finals and my high school graduation was just today. So, hopefully I will type faster from now on. Sorry! Humans and Beasts

Chapter 3: Plans of Revenge

A young girl ran down the long black stone hall. Red velvet carpet lay underneath her quickly paced steps, and also softened the click of her heels. Cool wind that blew through the dimly-lit castle continued to blew through her deep red hair, entangling the smooth strands. Her short dark blue dress fell just above her knees, and hung loosely on the her small body, with short ruffled sleeves revealing her lightly tanned and strong arms.

As she ran, she was quickly approaching wide dark wooden double doors with gold embellished handles. However breathless or tired she was, she confidently reached for the handle with outstretched arms. Without stopping, she put both of her small yet strong hands on the door and pushed against the heavy wood, bursting them open and entered into the Great Hall of the royal young prince.

The Hall itself was beautiful, with yet an eerie dark glow to it. However, the deep royal purple and black tapestries made of silk, lining the walls and the tall dark black ceiling covered it. The floor was so smooth and slick, when a person walked it was as if they walked on a mirror of glass. It was made a very fine black crystal, which did not add too much to the lighting. In fact the only lights were the dimmed red flames of the torches, which lined the dark stone walls.

The girl, who had just entered, walked toward the center of the hall with crowds of high ranked nobles in the kingdom along either side of her. They were busying chatting away, incoherently. However, everyone in the room fell silent and looked up as they heard the soft tapping of the girl's fur- covered wooden sandals against the crystal surface. The girl approached the tall steps of about 26, which led up to a wide platform of which the royal family was usually placed. She stopped and bowed low at the waist as she felt ice blue orbs stare upon her. All was silent, until a smooth low voice spoke.

"Hiromi, it's good to see you back, what news have you brought?"

The girl, named Hiromi, looked up with obedient hazel eyes to see a young man with wild red hair and cloaked with deep purple robes while underneath was a immaculate silver tunic. He stood proudly in front of a golden throne, exquisitely decorated with exotic fine-cut jewels. The entire chair shimmered lightly against the faded firelight, adding a kind of heavenly glow to the dark dismal room.

Hiromi soon saw that the royal prince Tala, barely standing 6 feet away from her when he came down the numerous steps.

Behind Tala, to his right, stood another boy with emotionless expression. His name was Bryan and Tala's most skilled soldier, captain, and also his best friend. Bryan knew more about Tala then anyone, for the one reason they had grown up together since they were five years old. Bryan's lilac purple hair fell straight to his shoulders, as if a ton of hair spray was applied. The boy stood at attention in a dark almost navy blue uniform and tall black boots coming below his knees. His pale skin, almost a sickly white, contrasted perfectly the dark uniform that covered him.

Hiromi looked into her majesty's icy orbs and responded softly. "Your highness, the guards have found the one you had requested."

Tala's eyes and smiled widened with delight, however, the boy behind him, on the Tala's left next to Bryan, gulped and fiddled nervously with his hands, and adjusting his glasses from slipping. His name was Kenny, short but intelligent, he was Tala's official advisor, although Tala didn't always take his advice. He too stood at attention, only a little more relaxed and a lot more nervous. He wore dark gray robes with dark green trim around the edges, and a hood over his head covering half of his face.

At that moment, the wide doors, which Hiromi stood in front of, slammed apart. Hiromi took a step to Tala's right side so Tala's icy view could see two guards wearing uniforms that matched Bryan's, only not as decorated as the captain. In their strong arms, the two held tightly to a struggling young girl, short brown hair swept to her shoulders. She wore a long pale pink skirt and her top was a short ruffled sleeved black blouse that seemed a little too tight on her.

Tala approached the girl, making her look him in the eyes. She just glared with deep brown eyes. Tala growled back, staring into her eyes.

"You are the one; tell me, where is the mirror?"

The girl just smiled back, "It's true; I do have the mirror but only one can use it, and that is Dizzara, the one inside me."

"Then transform now!" Tala commanded, but the girl just stood there motionless.

"You can't make me do anything."

Tala snapped his fingers, and suddenly the two were surrounded by at least twenty or thirty guards. The girl looked around nervously, and returned her glare back to the prince.

"Do you even know what it is that this mirror does?" she asked pulling out from a large handbag hanging on her shoulder a small handheld silver mirror, which seemed to be clouded within the glass.

Tala just glared back at her, "The Mirror of Destiny is to show many things, and what one most desires."

The girl chuckled a bit, and replied. "That's partly true. The mirror shows many things, not I or Dizzara know what it's going to show. It shows things that are, things that were, and some things that have not yet come to pass."

"Just show me the mirror now!" Tala shouted growing impatient.

"As you wish." The girl replied plainly.

As she spoke these words, her young body was soon covered in bright cloud of smoke that seemed to mysteriously sparkle. As the cloud faded away, in the girl's place stood a very tall and beautiful woman wearing clothing of pink flowers. Big fairy-like transparent wings spread out from her back. Her hair was a rich mahogany brown, long and sleek. However, she had the same eyes as the girl before.

The woman smiled slyly at the prince, and said, "Look into the mirror," as she pointed the cloud-reflected mirror in front of him. Tala looked deep within the white clouds and soon felt like he was among them.

Surrounded by sparkled white fog, Tala could barely make out anything. Until, just ahead of him, the smoke started to blow to the sides and a figure began to appear. He could see it was a girl with long midnight black hair reaching past her hips, and swirled around her slim body, which was delicately wrapped in a beautiful white gown flowing down her arms and legs. Her black strands blew away from her face and revealed dazzling sapphire blue eyes that seemed to glow, making her look even more radiant.

Tala, stunned by the sight of this beautiful angel, tried to step closer to the girl to learn her name and to see if her hair was actually made of silk. However, the closer he seemed to step, the father away she became. Tala tried running but it proved useless. The girl kept moving further away until Tala could see that a scene start to form around her. The girl stood in darkness, surrounded by the dark damp walls of what seemed to be a cave deep within the ground. There she stood within the cave, which the entrance was surrounded by a moat of boiling hot water. She stood as if she was waiting for someone to come and rescue her, him.

Before Tala could think again, he blinked and was back in his throne room, standing in front of the beast Dizzara.

"So, did you like what you saw?" asked a smirking Dizzara.

"Who was that?" Tala stuttered unable to get the girl's beautiful face out of his mind.

Dizzara smirked and snickered and spoke with an all-knowing voice, "Her name is Tanya Kimura. She is of royal blood, a princess; like you are a prince. You saw her in a dark cave. That is where she waits, for she was captured and is held there with a ferocious dragon at guard. Miss. Tanya is very noble and pure. Some say she is born from the rarest, purest, flower out of the most beautiful garden. It is said that only a true prince could bring her beyond the entrance of the cave and bring her out of the eternal darkness."

After her monologue, Dizzara gave the prince Tala one final glance, but before reverting back to her human form she took a quick glance and a wink into hazel eyes behind the prince.

Hiromi stiffened at the gesture toward her. Did Dizzara know about her secret? No one was suppose to know! Hiromi had been able to keep her secret contained ever since she was a child. If Dizzara knew and her human Hilary, as most people called her, knew about her secret then her whole life would be ruined. She would probably be banished from the kingdom and she would never see Tala again. Wait! What was she thinking? Tala would never see her anything but a servant girl.

Just then, Hiromi was snapped out of her pondering when Prince Tala gave the order to the guards and Bryan raised his own hand in command for the two guards who brought Hilary in, to send her away and prepare her for exile.

As Hilary was dragged out of sight, Hiromi, who was behind the prince, blinked remembering something of the great most importance. Quickly yet cautiously, she approached Tala's side, and softly cleared her throat trying to acquire his attention. It worked. Tala turned his ice blue gaze upon her. She could not bear to be weakened by his gaze this time, as she looked down to the black crystal floor. She did not speak until she heard his smooth voice.

"What is it you want Hiromi?"

Hiromi sighed with relaxed breath, for she and Bryan were the only ones he used their names, for they were the ones he trusted the most. Hiromi, feeling better, looked up but still avoided the prince's entrancing eyes.

"Pardon me, your highness, but earlier today your grandfather had requested your presence. I had said you had business to attend to, so he wanted to see after you were done."

Hiromi saw Tala flinch when she had said, "grandfather".

"Very well," Prince Tala replied trying to regain some composure and gave another order, "You and Bryan come with me the rest of you are dismissed."

Before Tala could say another word, he found himself standing in front of closed wide double oak doors. He gave a wave of his right hand, telling his two friends behind him to stand on either side, making sure no one entered or came near, and with that the flaming red haired prince disappeared beyond the doors into the awaited darkness.

Tala stepped cautiously through the dark room unable to see anything. Blue eyes darted left and right, as if afraid what was going to happen. Just then, a low callous voice spoke out.

"Tala, my boy, how good of you to come. I hope your previous appointment wasn't too boring for you."

Tala just shook his head once as he glared ahead of him. The lights began to flicker and there sitting behind a large oak desk in a large leather bound chair, sat an elderly man wearing a long black cloak and long grayish white hair coming past his shoulders.

"The exile is coming along just as you wished it grandfather. Within a few more months, all the beasts in the world will be found and exiled." Tala said, cringing slightly at his own statement.

The old man smiled, and smirked inwardly, as his old dark red eyes focused on his red-haired grandson.

"Very good Tala, I am glad to see you take your responsibilities seriously."

Tala glared, narrowing his brow. "I'm not doing this for anyone but myself. I just want revenge on the beast that killed my mother and father."

Voltaire, Tala's grandfather, stood from his chair and approached the boy placing his hands on the redhead's broad shoulders. "That's my boy, and none of us will rest until that beast is found. You must be strong like your mother was, she died protecting your brother, but even she could not succeed. Do not let what happen to your brother happen to you, or your mother will never find peace in death." He said this as he kneeled down to stare dark red eyes into ice blue ones.

Tala nodded. He barely even knew his brother, for he was only 2 years old when his mother died, and his older brother was only 3 when he disappeared. That day, Tala's father, the king fell into despair and rage over the loss of his wife and son. Filled with anger, he sent out an order to have every beast killed. However, the king also had a weak heart and he put so much strain on it that he collapsed and died, thus making Tala the crowned prince, and his grandfather, Voltaire, his sole guardian. Voltaire had trained Tala to be ruthless and cold, but the young prince still had a heart and no matter how much he tried to repress it, due to his grandfather's training. It kept coming back, as if it was infused within his very soul.

Tala came back to reality and stepped away from his grandfather's grasp, looking more serious.

"Grandfather, you know I am becoming of age to accept my rights. You had said that I must find a bride in order to rightly take the throne."

Voltaire nodded for him to continue.

"...Well I have found one, an angel. I request permission to go out and bring her back here."

"No!" Voltaire responded firmly, "I will not have the crowned prince go out into danger and bring back some wench you hardly know!"

"But grandfather!"

"No but's! I know we'll have contest to find a brave warrior to go out and have him bring her here."

Grandfather, that's not fair!" Tala pleaded.

"Silence!" Voltaire shouted firmly, "Now, go. I will make the necessary plans for tomorrow."

Tala lowered his head and turned to leave exited the dark room. Accompanied by his two best friends, they all walked down the hall and to the gardens where they usually could find privacy and their own fun.

TBC

Whew! Finally! I thought I would never get done. I am so sorry this took so long but I have finals coming soon and this was my only chance I could find to finish this.

White Spirit Angel

Thank you: (Ruth 4 Kai) Hiromi is excellent to work with.

(GOLDEN-CAT-EYES) Thanks for your reviews and I love your story "waters run deep" and Molly will make an appearance either next chapter of chapter 5 depends what I write for chapter 4.