Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Humans and Beasts ❯ Chapter 6: Cave of Discovery Part 2 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Humans and Beasts Chapter 6: Caves of Discovery Part 2; Break out!

Among the rubble of dark stone in the dust-covered abandoned throne room, two dragons stood, prepared and glaring at each other; anticipating the other’s first move. Gusts of fast harsh wind blew around the blue dragon, like a vicious tornado and the large creature was within the very eye of it; unmoving and unharmed. The other dragon watched and waited as the transformation completed itself; all the while, with silver-gray eyes widened in surprise. Sasha had no idea the lively and clumsy boy is the holderof the reincarnated Blue Dragon, Dragoon. The girl watched in amusement, from within her subconscious, as the boy began to change. ‘Wow! I think this may be the first time I get to enjoy fighting someone. Yes; I am so going to enjoy this! Are you ready Vitani?’ However, the silver scaled dragon did not answer her human hikari. ‘Vitani?’

/Sasha, I know this Dragon; yes, he is Dragoon. Before the Great Angel’s descent, the two of us had a life long rivalry. Whenever we saw each other it would set off a chain of battles that would last; seemingly endless./

‘Hmm! Well that’s all well and good for you, but this battle just got a lot more fun for me! Vitani, let’s continue the tradition.’ Sasha thought from behind hers and Vitanis’ subconscious.

Vitani nodded eagerly/With pleasure, as she stretched her silver, gray wings out wide, than lashed out without warning at Dragoon. However, he saw her out of the corner of his eye, leaped out of the way and countered with his own foot long razor sharp claws.

---

The exhausting echoes of roars vibrated the hard thick walls, and eventually reached the ears of the solitary red phoenix.

Kai figured one of his companions at least had found the dragon, now he could move through without having to transform or fight. He knew all his followers had fallen a while back. The holes in the floor were specially designed traps, activated for whomever stepped on them. Kai figured that each one was made to separate any intruders and send to them to places where there would most likely be more guards to handle them.

‘I suppose the people in the past were a little smarter than today.’ The stoic blue haired boy thought as he continued down his previous path.

Before long crimson eyes were soon cast upon a set of wide, steep stone steps descending down into eternal darkness, which for some reason made the odd phrase, “highest room in the tallest tower,†seem almost obsolete.

‘I’ll give these people credit for being original.’ Kai thought as he took the first step downward through the eternally dark tunnel. However, the further down he went, the clearer it became to him that the once wide stone steps were becoming narrower and steep. The walls as well changed from a wet dirt to cold stone like this was part of some underground castle. The way was as dark as eternal night but Kai still felt as if the walls were started to close in surrounding within the already small space. However, the phoenix holder just brushed it away nonchalantly and continued. Nevertheless, no matter how dark it became, Kai could sense he was approaching the last step and raised his leg to place his foot down again; however, what he didn’t see was that the last step had mysteriously vanished, thus making the crimson-eyed young man silently gasp out of shock as he thought he missed his footing, and fell to the wet dirt ground supported by only his hands and knees.

Cursing slightly under his breath, Kai composed himself and started to lift himself off the ground. Placing one strong hand up to the wall to steady himself, but upon contact abruptly removed it. The walls were no longer wet dirt or cold dark stone, but covered over layers of thick cold clear ice.

An abrupt blast of cold air rushed up Kai’s spine making him shiver, then, as if by magic, a dense stationary fog cloud appeared in front of him. Kai stepped forward until he stood directly in front of the mysterious indoor cloud. It felt like some kind of invisible force was trying to push him away, keeping him from entering. However, the introverted phoenix just brushed off the feeling, knowing full well he had to search everywhere and this weird cloud certainly counted.

Without giving it a second thought, Kai stepped into the fog; even more harsh blasts of cold wind hit his face and body, but he just ignored as crimson eyes glared becoming increasing annoyed now. For some reason the winds had no effect on the phoenix boy; the cold air didn’t feel cold to him at all, in fact, as soon the winds touched his body he felt immediately warm like he was in a sauna instead of a cold indoor fog cloud.

Adjusting his eyes for more cold winds slicing at them like a thousands knives, Kai peered within the fog and there seated a little ways in front of him was a figure covered by shadows. However, as he stepped closer, Kai realized it was the Princess Tanya. She was exactly how Prince Tala described her, beautiful and radiant. Long midnight black swept around, like nighttime waterfall, her lithe pale and very feminine body. Kai couldn’t see her eyes but he knew this was the girl.

He continued to step forward until he was standing directly in front of the girl, looking down at her. Her head was bowed, eyes closed. Obviously, she didn’t hear Kai approach. As he reached to grab her hand, a low almost dangerous voice spoke from her mouth, as if warning him.

“Don’t come any closer!â€

That stilled Kai’s hand for a moment, but it only annoyed him more when the voice spoke again with a smooth wave.

“Who are you? I demand to know and how you made it through the barrier!â€

Kai growled, his patience becoming tested as he tried to pull the girl by the hand, but to no avail.

“I cannot be moved, only by my one true love!â€

Kai had lost all patience with the girl, and with one swift motion he picked up the princess and threw her over his right shoulder and started to run out of the fog. Tanya all the while was shocked by this sudden change and started to thrash against the boy’s strong grip, however, froze as soon as she saw she was on the outside of the frozen barrier.

‘But how could I pass through a wall? Who is this boy?’

Kai pauses for a minute, as he catches his breath as he reached the top of the steps of which he descended a few moments prior. The princess, still over his shoulder, seemed to have calmed down a little. There was moment of silence. Even though she so light that if felt like Kai was carrying nothing at all, he still set Tanya down on her feet in front of him. It was still very dark within the cave that neither of them could see each other’s faces. Tanya decided to make the first move.

“You are truly a brave knight. You have faced many perils to rescue me. If I may be so honored to have your name good knight?â€

Kai eyed the princess in the darkness, then turning away on his heel, he growled lowly, “Kaiâ€.

Tanya just pretended to ignore the boy’s terse answer and continued. “Sir Kai, you are certainly unique in your ways, usually one would sweep me off my feet, more gracefully, and down a rope onto his valiant steed.â€

Kai turned back to look at the princess at her words, with eyes not of a blood thirsty phoenix but a boy who was saying this girl is crazy! “You’ve had a lot of time to plan this haven’t you?â€

Tanya simply smiled and giggled softly. She was about to answer the boy once again when two loud roars echoed through the walls and into the twos ears, startling Kai and Tanya, making them look up eyes in wonder of what could make such awesome sounds. However, Kai had the sneaking suspicion it was a certain dark blue-haired idiot and a dragon.

“Close your eyes!†Kai ordered Tanya quickly, with a red glow burning in his eyes.

“What?†The princess asked in return.

“Just do it!†Kai yelled out in frustration. With his eyes glowing a fierce blood red, he grabbed Tanya by the shoulders and turned her around pushing her forward. When Kai knew Tanya wasn’t looking, he released Dranzer.

With a shrill cry and a sudden gasp from the princess, Tanya soon found herself clinging for dear life on the back of a blood red phoenix. She was confused, Tanya had never seen this creature or this boy before in her life, but she felt so comfortable to be near them. Dranzer also had to wonder; why did it feel so comfortable with this human girl by his side.

The mighty bird flew as fast as it could through the dark, dank tunnels of the mysterious cave, while dodging random debris of rocks and carved stone falling simultaneously around the two. The princess still clasped tightly to the mythical bird’s red feathers. Somehow unknowingly, she knew exactly where and how to sit on his back without irritating Dranzer.

If not sooner than later, Dranzer could now see a faint light of the entrance of the tunnel coming up fast. However, more debris was falling even faster.

Just then on the left side of the tunnel, nearly 20 feet ahead of the previous two. The wall began to break away and violently shake like a 4.0 earthquake. When it finally crumbled and fell there in its place stood two figures; two large white cats, a tiger and leopard. Dranzer continued to fly straight passed them, nearly pushing them away. However, just as the red phoenix passed; the two cats flipped up in the air. A moment later Rei and Laura sat on either side of the princess; also clutching Dranzer’s feathered back.

Just as the stone walls shook, the phoenix flapped his mighty wings faster with each tremor. Finally the bird’s enormous mass gliding to the opening of the cave and hit once again by the steam layered fog that rose from the water surrounding the entrance.

The princess’ eyes widened as she gazed at the entrance knowing full well she would not be able to leave the cave. Tanya closed her blue eyes and prepared herself ready to awaken once again from a hopeful dream.

Darkness. It can be so cold and selfish. It keeps one away from the pure light, surrounding one within its own grasp; not sharing; uncaring of one’s feelings and emotions. Their gaze is drained of your life fluid, thus making the very soul becomes empty and devoid of life. And then what was once human, young and compassionate, would be no more than a mere empty shell; a reflection of the darkness. It can never die once it makes root in a human heart.

Tanya could only see blackness in her gaze. She couldn’t open her eyes; she didn’t want to open them again. The cold darkness had become comforting over the years. Her whole body and soul became immersed in its cloud of silence. It soon became her thoughts; her very heart.

Light, however, is very powerful. Like a fire that burns the air from a smoking volcano, giving a second chance at life to all that its flames touch.

Sunlight soon casts its bright rays upon the sapphire gems. Tanya slowly opened her eyes only to find herself on the dry shore. Her body lay flat with her arm outstretched and her fingers barely brushing the surface water of the river.

Realizing she was not back in the cave, Tanya bolted upright in shock and surprise. Blue eyes looked around at their owner’s new surroundings as Tanya tried to remember what had happened to her to get her here.

Nearby were four bodies lying on the ground in the middle of a clearing of evergreen trees. Behind her a few feet away lay a boy and girl nestled together among some fallen leaves and forest debris, underneath a large old oak tree. The two looked so much like a pair little kittens. Her gaze fell to another young soul; a boy with thick sunflower gold hair, his body halfway on land and half in stream, looking as if he had just washed shore.

Further away, in a darker corner of the clearing, resting peacefully against the thick trunk of an evergreen tree. He was a young boy, maybe about Tanya’s own age. His unusual pale skin complimented the long light blue hair very well. Tanya couldn’t help but blush at the sight of him. He looked very handsome, like a noble prince.

‘Now is not the time for childish fantasies.’ Tanya thought, ‘I have to find out where I am, and who it was that saved me. But first...where am I?’

So lost in her thoughts, Tanya didn’t notice someone coming from behind the trees. The slightest noise of twig snapping was all she could take.

“Waugh!â€

/to be continued…/

Sorry this is late…and I’m sorry for the cliffhanger…hopefully I can have something more updated really soon just try to bear with me.

Oh, and if anyone has a suggestion for a certain scene for their character to be in (ex. scene btwn Tala and Hiromi something like that) or about what they want to see happen to them I will see what I can do. Thank you and again I’m working on this the best I can.

Danica Loy (formerly White Spirit Angel)