Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ I'll Never Tell ❯ No Matter What ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1- No Matter What

What if? That is a question most ask themselves if life just isn't going your way. If only you had done this, instead of…

Both of these were questions that Kara asked herself when she was unhappy. Of course, this only led to a guilt trip, and she felt even sorrier for herself.

Kara sighed. Today was too beautiful to be sad like this. She should enjoy this weather while it lasted. She walked down the streets of Florida, stopping only to sigh and wipe the sweat off her brow as she looked up at the blazing sun. She stopped at the Minto Suite Place Hotel. First she stopped at the convenience store at the bottom of the escalator that went up to the lobby of the hotel.

As she entered, the guy at the cash registers looked up and smiled at her. She waved, and picked up a package of candy, pretending to be interested in buying in, until the costumer left. Kara looked up in time to see the teen going. She put the bag of candy down, and went to the guy at the cash.

"I'll see you later Sam," she said, as she walked out of the store. "Who was that?" Kara asked, her hands moving a mile a minute. She rested her hands at her sides as Sam talked.

"Just a stupid girl who thinks I'm interested," Kara looked at him thoughtfully, and then she moved her hands up to her chest, and began talking. "Aren't you interested?" Sam shook his head, and a cocky grin played itself on his face.

"I'm too good for her," he teased. The two kept talking, Sam with his mouth, and Kara with her hands. Kara was a mute. For an unknown reason, as a child, Kara stopped talking. No one, except Kara knew why. It was almost as if a piece of her left with her voice, all those years ago at the orphanage.

A guy walked into the store, the sound of a bell bringing Sam's attention to the customer. "Hey Kara," she said, a hint of overconfidence in his voice. Kara nodded her head. "Still not talking eh? Well, that's okay, I can do whatever I want without interruptions," he teased, almost mockingly.

Kara smiled, mischievous thoughts running through her mind. She made an `o' with her index finger and thumb, while her other three fingers stood straight up. She then put her index finger from her other hand in through the `o' she made with her other hand, and pulled it out. She put it in, then out several times before she put her hands at her sides, the smile still on her face.

"What did she say to me?" the guy asked Sam, who by the way, who was smiling just like Kara.

"She called you an asshole…" he laughed, putting his hand on his sister's shoulder.

The guy scowled, and walked out, stopping just in the doorway. "You know you want me…I'll make you say it, no matter what." With that, he left the store, still grumbling under his breath.

"Oh," he suddenly said, startling Kara a bit, "Will you take over for a while, I need to go and see if my car's fixed," Sam knew the answer already, but it was still polite to ask. Kara looked up to Sam, and he knew it. Therefore, he felt like it was his obligation to be a good role model.

He took off the white shirt, and gave it too Kara. He then reached under the counter and put on another shirt that he had taken from home to change, if needed. Kara just slipped the blouse-like shirt over her own shirt, and did up the buttons. She took off Sam's nametag, and replaced it with one that had her own name on it. "Thanks, I really appreciate it," Sam gave her a quick hug and hurried out the door.

Just as he did, the same guy from before walked in. "I said, no matter what…" he repeated, coming towards her hauntingly. Kara bit her lower lip, her insides churning with anticipation. What was he going to do? Last time he gave her a single red rose, and the words, `later there will be more…' whatever THAT means.

He came behind the counter, and stood right in front of her. She leaned against the counter, hoping that he would just go away. Of course, she couldn't tell him with her words…she didn't talk. In one swift movement, he undid all the buttons, only to be upset that she did, indeed, have a shirt under it.

"Damn it…" he murmured. He looked up and smiled at her face. She was so cute.

"Rien à porter…" he chuckled. Her shirt said `nothing to carry', but she had things to carry…lots of things. He ran his one hand through her silky black hair, stopping at her jaw line to caress her cheek. He leaned forward, and she moved backward. On the under side of the counter was a red button that sent out a signal to the walkie-talkies of the security officers. Kara's parents installed it when she was old enough to work there, in case of emergency. This definitely counted as an emergency.

Kara pushed the button rapidly, wanting the security officers in here, no matter what. Seconds later, two men in blue uniforms appeared, grabbing the teen away from Kara. "Jacob…I thought I told you last time we came to leave her alone!" Jacob gave him an innocent look as they escorted him out of the building. Just as they were leaving, Sam came running in.

"He didn't hurt you did he?" Sam was so worried, he took her in his protective embrace, and Kara released the silent tears she didn't know she had been keeping locked up.

"You go up and see mom and I'll work here for now," Kara took off the shirt and handed it too Sam, and left the store. She went up the escalator and went behind the desk of the hotel lobby.

"Hello sweetie," her mom said, giving her a hug. "Been shopping I see." Today, Kara had bought a black t-shirt, with simple white letters across the front, `Rien à porter', and a green plaid mini skirt with bold black lines, and finally, big black boots that went up to her knees. Kara nodded her head and smiled.

She took a black hair elastic from her wrist, and put her raven hair in a ponytail. In the sun, her hair shone with a midnight blue sparkle, but her hair looked black. Her bangs were more of a silver shade, but still retained the black. Her hazel-grey eyes shone as her mother gave her another hug. Kara loved her mother. If only she had known her real mother…Kara shook away her emptiness. No use worrying her mother. She knew Sam wouldn't tell. Thank goodness Sam could keep a secret…she confided in him a lot. That's why they were so close.

"I have to talk to you," her mother said, "Your father and I have arranged for a holiday…after all, we haven't had one since you were a child…" Kara's smile grew wide. They were going on a trip! Kara loved to travel. "We're going to Texas!" her mother finished. Kara hugged her mother, and ran home. She was going to pack.

When she got home, she checked the messages. There were 2 for Sam, 1 for her, and 3 for her dad. Kara text messaged Sam his messages, and ran to her room.

25 minutes later, she was packed and she was going to Madison's house. Madison was her best friend, and was the one who had called her earlier. She left her condo and headed to the stairs. Floor three…floor two…floor one…she read the numbers on the doors as she hurried past them. She opened the door to the first floor. Kara passed a couple of other residents and slowed her run down to a walk. She opened the final door and walked towards the gate, but instead of opening it, she went over to a nearby tree. She grabbed the nearest branch and climbed up. When she was close enough to the wall, she hoisted herself up to the top, and jumped over. She turned right and continued down the street to her friend's house.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N~ Don't worry; this chappie has a lot to do with the story, so hold on until the next one! Ciao.and don't forget to review!