Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Kiss Of The Blue Dragon ❯ Competitive Twins ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Kiss Of The Blue Dragon
by SilverWolf
Created On: June 30th 2005

Chapter One: Competitive Twins
Ryuu opened her hazel brown eyes. They wandered to her side, reading the red numbers on her alarm clock. 6:47 AM. And it was Saturday, which meant that she could actually sleep until ten. Groaning, she closed her eyes again, wondering why she had woken up in the first place. Ah yes, she remembered now. She had had that weird dream again.
She was walking down a completely dark place, when she suddenly came to a sea. In the middle of the sea, she could see something glow in rainbow colors. Curious, she walked closer to the sea. But when she got into the water she woke up. It was always like that.
And like always, she couldn't fall asleep after that dream again.
`Hn. Talking about déjà vu.' she thought and opened her eyes again, sitting up in her bed.
She looked out of her window. The sun had already begun to rise. Brushing her dark blue bangs out of her hair, she looked at her surroundings, trying to remember where she was.
“Oh right. I'm at my brother's place. Hn. How could I forget that?” she asked herself.
Her brother was Tyson Granger. Okay, actually he was her younger twin brother to be exact. She looked like an mirror image of him! Same eyes, same hair color, same height… And they shared the same hobby. Their love for Beyblade. They even had similar bitbeasts! Both of them had a dragoon. Well… Ryuu's dragon was female.
Ryuu looked at her beyblade. It lay on her nightstand next to her alarm clock, glinting in the light. She picked it up.
“Morning Antrax,” she said, while picking her blade up. “Maybe today we'll have a match against Tyson. I can't wait to battle him. I wonder how strong he's gotten after defeating BEGA? I haven't seen him in TV since then…”
A rumbling sound interrupted her. She blushed faintly, glad that she was alone in her room.
“Well, time to get some breakfast!” She put the beyblade in her pocket and adjusted her clothes.
`Geez, Tyson's clothes are a bit too big for me!' she contemplated to herself. She was wearing one of his t-shirts and boxers. The t-shirt was partly slipping off her shoulder, but the boxers fit her perfectly. She would've worn her own clothes, but for some reason her suitcase had disappeared after she had landed in Tokyo. But she didn't know how that could have happened! She had her suitcase when she was still in America!
`I'm just glad that I had my beyblade, laptop, beyblade parts and other important stuff in my backpack! Oh man… Who knows how I would've reacted when I had lost my beyblade!! Oh God, I don't even want to think about it.'
She stretched and walked to her door, sliding it open. She heard voices coming from the living room. She didn't recognize them.
`Burglars!?' Ryuu thought and pressed herself against the wall, sneaking closer to the living room.
She felt a hand on her shoulder. “Err… Tyson? What are you doing?”
~**~
“We've been sitting here for hours! Where's Tyson?” Daichi whined.
“Actually, we're only waiting five minutes, Daichi,” Kenny said, while typing on his laptop.
“Max said he'd wake Tyson up,” Ray said. He looked over at his Team Captain. Kai was leaning against the wall with his eyes closed and his arms crossed. `Kai's like always in his usual position.'
Suddenly the living room door slid open and Max came running in, terrified, and hid behind Ray.
Hilary grinned. “What's wrong? Did you wake up Tyson and he's angry at you?”
“He was already up. I think I scared him when he was on his way to the kitchen…”
`Tyson' stormed into the living room. She blinked a few times, when she saw the guests.
`The Bladebreakers?' She shook her head.
“What are you doing here?” she asked, scowling.
Everybody looked at her as if she had just grown a second head. Kai lazily cracked an eye open.
“What,” Ryuu asked irritated.
“T-Tyson?” Daichi asked.
“If you think I'm Tyson you're sadly mistaken. I'm his twin sister. Happy?”
“Tyson's twin sister?!”
“Tyson has a sister!? Whoa!”
Ryuu rolled her eyes. “Yeah, whatever.”
“Aaaaaaaannnnyways, I'm Hilary, and those are Max, Ray, Daichi, Kenny and Kai.” the brown-haired girl said, pointing each to the respective people.
“Nice to meet you. I'm Ryuu.” she said, smiling.
The living room door opened and Grandpa came in.
“Morning Grandpa!” Ryuu greeted.
“Mornin' Ry,” Grandpa said, smiling at her. “How about some breakfast guys?”
“Sure!”
~**~
“So Ryuu, do you blade?” Ray asked after breakfast.
Ryuu smiled. “Are you kidding me? Of course I do!”
“Really? Cool!” Daichi said. “Maybe we can blade later!”
“Sure! I'd love to!”
Tyson entered the kitchen. Ryuu grinned at him.
“About time you woke up, baby brother.”
Tyson glared at her, while blushing embarrassed at the same time. He hated it when she called him that. “Don't call me that.”
“Why not? It is true.”
“Still. `Ey Gramps, is there still some breakfast left?”
“Yep! Here ya go!” Grandpa said, handing him a plate of eggs and pancakes.
“Thanks,” he said and took the plate, sitting down across from his sister.
“Wow, you two are really very identical.”
Ryuu smiled at Ray, causing him to blush.
“How long have you guys been here?” Tyson asked, still a bit sleepy.
“For about one and a half hour,” Hilary replied.
Tyson glared at Grandpa. “Why didn't you wake me?”
“Hey! I was at the bakery!” Grandpa protested.
Now his glare was directed at his sister.
“Last time I tried top wake you, I lost my voice the next day.”
“That was seven years ago!”
“SO!? Now go and finish your breakfast before I do.”
“Hmph.”
“Oh, by the way I have to go shopping today.” Ryuu said.
“I thought you hated shopping?” Grandpa asked.
“I do. But my suitcase has been stolen. Remember? Uhm… So I need to borrow some clothes from you.”
“Again?”
“Hey, it's not my fault that that I lost my suitcase during the flight!!”
“But you still have your beyblade do you?”
Ryuu grinned. “Of course! See?” She pulled her beyblade out of her pocket, holding it in front of his face. It was a silver-blue blade. Her bitbeast, also a dragoon, was in the center of her blade. It was a light blue dragon with white wings, sharp white fangs and a long white tail that ended it a tip. Sapphire blue spikes ran along the back of her long neck and ended on her tail. And its eyes were sapphire blue as well.
“Antrax is ready to battle you at all times!!” she said smiling.
Tyson smirked. “That's good to hear.”
“Good. As soon as I'm dressed we'll have a beybattle, kay?”
“Fine with me.”
“After your training of course!!” Grandpa added.
“What!? Grandpa!” Tyson whined.
“Ryuu will be joining you.”
“…And beating you. As always.”
“Hey! I've trained since last time!”
“Hehe…”
“So that means we'll have two matches, ne?”
“You bet!”
“Are they always that competitive?” Daichi asked Grandpa.
“HA! You haven't seen anything. Okay, dishes have to be washed.”
“It's your turn Tyson— I did it last night.”
“What?! You did not!”
“Did too!” Ryuu protested.
“Did not!”
“Did too!”
“Did not!”
Everybody watched them argue. Except for Kai of course who had his eyes closed, was drinking his tea and was blocking himself out of reality.
“Did too!”
“Did not!”
“Did too!”
“Did not!”
“Did too!”
“Geez, is all you do fight?”
“Eh?” Ryuu turned around. Slowly a smile grew on her lips. “Hiro!!” she squealed, jumping up and hugging her big brother tightly.
Hiro laughed. “Hey.”
“I've missed you!”
He hugged her back. “I've missed you too.”
“Hey Coach!” Max, Ray, Daichi, Kenny and Hilary greeted.
“I heard that there is going to be a battle?”
“Yep! Tyson versus Ryuu.”
~**~ (In the err… Training room. -___-)
Tyson and Ryuu were both wearing their gis. Tyson had a blue-grey top and black pants and Ryuu had a red top and black pants. They stood opposite of each other, holding their dojo sticks. Their friends watched.
“Ready? Start!” Grandpa said from the side with his arms crossed.
Tyson attacked her, swinging the dojo stick to her side. Ryuu jumped back. She kept dodging his attacks.
“Oh geez, Tyson! You're so obvious! You're doing the same thing like when we were little!” she laughed and swept him off his legs with her dojo stick.
He swept Ryuu off her own feet, which caught her by surprise. Smiling, she landed on her hand and rolled off her arm, coming back to her feet.
`Not bad.' Grandpa thought.
Tyson ran up to her and hit the stick out of her hand. It flew into the air and he caught it in his hand. Smiling, he pointed both of the dojo sticks to her neck.
“Oh, okay. So you have gotten better,” Ryuu said.
Grinning, he took the sticks down. “Well yeah… So have you.”
Ryuu grinned back. “Of course... What about our beybattle?”
~**~ (Later in the park)
Once again, Tyson and Ryuu were standing across from each other.
Kenny made the countdown. “3… 2… 1…”
“LET IT—“
“Hey guys!”
----------------
SW: Hahahaha!!! Cliffhanger! If you wanna read more… gotta review! ^______^