Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Elemental Warriors ❯ Calling All Beybladers ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: ^^UU I think I have quite a few muses, cause I had to write this.

Ray: --

Kai: -- Let's just get this done and over with.



Ten thousand years ago, seven beasts ruled the elements. A phoenix commanded the element of fire. A turtle ruled the element of water. A dragon had domain over the element of wind. A fox used the ground as its element. A tiger mastered the thunder element. Another dragon used the element of darkness while a falcon reigned over the light element.

Dark times arose when the creatures of death and destruction desired power and more land. They ravaged village after village until the seven beasts stood up against them. The two sides often fought, leaving in a stale mate every single time. Nevertheless, it was the humans who suffered the most as their homes and lives were being destroyed in the process. As much as the beasts tried to gain the upper hand, they couldn't without risking the lives of themselves and the people, whom they swore to protect.

During the last battle, one by one the beasts fell. The phoenix gave up its life protecting the tiger from being killed. It used its body as a shield. Seeing its lover being shot enraged the tiger into attacking recklessly. The battle ended with both combatants dying. The fox sacrificed itself to take down one of the more dangerous creatures. The remaining four watched in horror as their comrade was killed. Soon after, the turtle followed when it attacked the leader of these creatures. The wind dragon rushed to defend its love, but failed to protect the turtle. It quickly joined its team on the death list. The two remaining beasts looked at each other and realized neither one of them was going to make it out alive. They used all their strength for one final attack, which took down the leader, but at the cost of their own lives.

The humans celebrated the liberation, while remembering those who lost their lives. The seven beasts were remembered in songs and stories past down from generation to generation. The king even proclaimed a day in remembrance of the seven beasts and their sacrifices. He also kept in mind, the several humans who lost their lives. From that day, they never spoke of the creatures of death and destruction. The most powerful of their magician sealed the gateway to their dimension, behind several strong barriers.

Ten thousand years into the future, hardly anyone remembered the sacrifices these seven beasts made. If they heard about it, they quickly regarded it as a legend or a myth. They never considered it to be real. Heck, they didn't believe or practice magic for that matter. They had their own science to take care of their needs.



"ARIAN!!!" a boy with black hair yelled.

"I'm coming!" another boy with silver hair yelled back.

"You're going to make us late again!" the boy with black hair growled as he trudged down the steps of their apartment complex.

"Well, excuse me!" Arian stuck his tongue out at his companion. "You're not the one living next to the couple!"

"Same excuse as always," he muttered.

"I'd like to see you sleep in my room tonight," Arian smirked. "And don't come crawling to me, Danny, when you can't get enough sleep."

"Like I'd ever want your room," Danny grumbled.

"Who said you could keep it?" Arian huffed. "I just said sleep in it for one night or is that too much for you to handle?"

"Are you challenging me?" Danny asked, pretending to sound mocking.

"Yeah!" Arian shouted.

"Well, I accept your challenge!" Danny said with arrogance.

"Fine," Arian said as they headed towards the beyblade stadium.

Meanwhile back at the Bladebreakers apartment, the team was having a little trouble with one of their members. One of them seemed to have picked up a habit of sleeping in, during the worst of times. As hard as they tried, they couldn't get Tyson to wake up, despite the drastic measures they have taken.

"What does it take to wake him up!?!" Kai yelled in frustration. They were supposed to be heading towards the beyblade stadium and registering for the tournament.

"What have you tried?" Kenny asked walking in from the next room.

"I tried the chili pepper trick again, but it didn't work this time," Rei sighed as he plopped down in the nearest chair.

"I tried to hit him with my pillow," Max said sheepishly.

"Maybe you should have tried something harder," Kai suggested, still very angry.

"I wasn't the one who tried to drown him!" Max protested.

"You would think that would have woken up any normal person," Rei glanced over at the sleeping beyblader. "But no, Tyson had to be different."

"I know what you mean," Max sighed as he took a seat next to the Chinese beyblader.

Kenny just shook his head. "You obviously don't know Tyson that well enough."

"What does that mean?" Kai glared at the young genius.

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to get Tyson out of bed," Kenny explained as he disappeared into the kitchen. When he reappeared he brought a sealed pack of pudding. As soon as he broke the seal, Tyson immediately woke up.

The rest of the team's face fell as they took in the situation. "Figures," their team captain said sarcastically. "It would involve food."

"I resent that!" Tyson huffed before he knew what was going on. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Forget it Tyson," Rei just sighed. "Let's just go to the beyblade stadium and register. Today's the last day."

"But I still want to know," Tyson whined as his stomach demanded attention. "When's breakfast?" He suddenly forgot about his curiosity due to a much more pressing issue.

"Touch luck," Kai grumbled as he turned to leave. "You slept in; therefore you miss breakfast."

"You don't have to be so rude about it," Tyson huffed as he crossed his arms.

Kai ignored that comment as he walked on out of there. He could care less what Tyson thought of him. All that mattered was the opinion of a certain golden eyed team mate, who greatly resembles a cute kitten. The cold leader mentally shook his head. When did he think of Rei as being cute? As a matter of fact, why should he care about HIS opinion? He quickened his pace, wanting to get out of there as soon as possible.

"Come on guys," Rei called out to the rest of his team mates. "You don't want to be late, now do you?" He ran after their cold hearted team captain, well that was what Tyson thought.

"I still haven't had my breakfast," Tyson protested as he refused to get up from his position.

"Tyson, quit acting like a kid," Kenny chastised him.

"Besides the sooner we register, the sooner you can eat breakfast," Max tried to reason with the stubborn beyblader on the bed.

Needless to say, when Tyson heard the mention of breakfast; that immediately caught his attention. After hearing it, he jumped out of bed and in less than a minute got dressed, to the complete surprise of his two remaining team mates. They have never seen Tyson move that fast, unless he was running to the buffet table or to the bathroom.

"Come on!" Tyson shouted at them as he literally dragged the other two out of their apartment and after their older team mates.

"Tyson slow down!" Max yelled. He was currently being dragged by their food loving team mate, who didn't seem to be slowing down any time soon.

Minutes later, the trio had managed to catch up with their older team mates as they headed inside the beyblade stadium. Rei raised a brow when he saw Tyson passed them, with Max and Kenny forcefully trailing behind. He pitied those two, as they were being dragged. Kai kept his usual emotionless mask on, but inside he was amused by the situation. He would have never thought Tyson will make it to the stadium on time; let alone beat them to there.

Suddenly a few screams could be heard and moans of pain as one group collided with another group. Well actually, the trio of Bladebreakers had crashed into the other three, who were just standing around. The six people managed to stand up.

"Watch where you're going," the black haired boy snapped at Tyson.

"Don't mind him, he's just a little grumpy today," the silver haired boy informed the group.

"He's always grumpy," a violet haired boy said.

"Sorry about that," Tyson sheepishly apologized. "We're in a hurry to register."

"Well one of us is," Max chuckled. "One of us slept in and missed breakfast." He eyed Tyson.

"Would you happen to be the Bladebreakers?" the silver boy asked the three.

"Yes, we are," Tyson said with a huge smile. "Who are you?"

"This is Danny," the silver hair boy indicated the boy with the black hair. "This is Theodore, but we call him Theo." He pointed to the boy with the violet hair. "I'm Arian. We're the Shadow Bladers, and there is a fourth member, but he has a doctor's appointment."

"It's nice to meet you," Tyson said, extending his hand as a gesture of friendship. He shook hands with the entire team. "Who knows we might end up facing against each other." Kai and Rei happened to hear the introductions as they came into the stadium.

"You never know," Arian said with a slight smile. "Then again we could be facing the Majestics, White Tigers, or the All Starz."

"They're all here?" Rei asked with surprise.

"Of course they are," Danny said. "This is going to be one of the most challenging tournaments ever so of course they would want to come."

"Please ignore him," Theo said hastily. "He tends to speak before he thinks." He nudged his black haired team mate, who glared back.

"Who's your team captain?" Max spoke up.

"That would be him," Theo pointed to the silver haired boy.

"Whatever," Kai said, before moving past the Shadow Bladers to the registration area.

"He's the grouch in our team and the team captain too," Tyson mumbled.

"I heard that!" Kai called out.

"Okay," both team said as they watched Kai's retreating form.

"So who's your fourth member?" Kenny asked out of curiosity.

"That would be Rocky," Arian informed them. "He's gone to get a check up so he can be cleared for the tournament."

"That's understandable," Rei mused out loud. "Well, I'll be heading towards the registration area. Have you registered?"

"We already have," Theo said. "We'll catch you around then."

"Yeah, see yah," Tyson waved goodbye as the remainder of their team trooped off towards the registration booth.

"What do you think of them?" Arian asked his team mates.

"I don't think they're that bad," Theo said shrugging. "What about you?"

"They're pathetic if you ask me," Danny huffed as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Well, I didn't expect a whole lot coming from you," Arian teased his team mate.

The Shadow Bladers turned around to leave, when suddenly another beyblade group almost bumped into them. A red head nearly bowled over the silver haired Blader. Arian glared at the offending beyblader, who had blue eyes.

"Watch it!" he snapped at the red head.

"Maybe you should have your eye sight check," the red head said coldly.

"Let's not get into an argument out here," Theo tried to calm the situation down.

"What's the matter? Too scared to take on the Demolition Boys?" a tall blonde taunted.

"I'll take you guys on any time in any stadium!" Arian huffed, to which Danny backed him up one hundred percent. No one was going to get away with insulting the Shadow Bladers.

"We can take on your pathetic little group any time," the red head said with confidence.

"We're the Shadow Bladers," Danny corrected him. "Get it right."

"The who?" all four of the Demolition Boys said at the same time.

"Figures they wouldn't know us," Arian sighed as he glared at the red head. "We're new to the beyblade tournament."

"So who's your team captain?" the red head asked, surveying the three.

"You're looking at him," Arian scowled.

"I would have thought the team captain wouldn't be so puny and weak," the red head said carelessly as he glanced around.

"I'll show you who's puny and weak," Arian growled at the other team captain. "Just wait until we battle in the stadium. Then we'll see who's weak."

"As if you had a chance," the tall blonde stepped around the Shadow Bladers as he and the rest of the team went to the registration area.

"The nerve of those guys," Arian scowled as he stormed the rest of the way to his apartment. The rest of his team mates running to catch up with him.

"Who was that guy?" Tala mused out loud. 'He does kinda look cute when he's angry..... WHAT!! I so did not just think that. Relax Tala, calm down and take deep breaths..... Much better.'

"You mean the guy you nearly knocked over?" Spencer asked, while raising his brow. 'I wonder if Tala is interested in that guy.'

"Yeah," Tala answered a little sheepishly. 'Please don't let it be what I think it is.'

"What about him?" Ian asked his team captain.

"Nothing," Tala said too quickly.

"You're hiding something," Spencer said, as he kept an eye on the red head.

"It doesn't concern you," Tala said, as they entered the building.

"It does concern us when it compromises your performance," Bryan spoke up. 'He had better not compromise our mission or else he will have to face a furious Boris.'

"I will do my part to win," Tala said with confidence. "You need to focus on your part."

"We will, but we're not sure about you," Spencer said slyly.

"I will definitely do my share of the work," Tala huffed with indignation.

"Oh we're sure of that," Ian said.

"Let's just drop the subject," Bryan said, getting annoyed at the conversation.

Tala silently thanked his team mate for it. "Let's just register and get out of here."

The Demolition Boys discovered the Bladebreakers registering for the tournament. Kai had already finished filling out his information as well as the team information. Rei was almost filling out his individual sheet. Tyson and Max were having a bit of trouble with theirs, which Kenny had to help them. He wasn't blading so he didn't have to fill one out, but he did have to be on the team roster as a technician or assistant. Actually, he helped Kai with the team papers.

"I wouldn't have guessed you'd be here," Tala said, looking straight at Kai.

"I'm registering with my team," Kai said very coldly. "Go away."

"We're here to register too," Spencer said.

"Since when did the Demolition Boys do small tournaments?" Kai asked. His voice was laced with venom.

"This isn't a small tournament," Bryan said. "It is one of the largest."

"Just stay out of our way," Kai snapped at his former team.

"So long as you stay out of ours," Tala returned.

"Come on Kai, we're all finished," Rei informed Kai, as he walked up to him. "We're ready to leave." He kept his eyes on Bryan. Ever since the last tournament, he didn't trust that boy.

Kai glared at each and every one of the Demolition Boys, before he turned and left them. Outside, he appeared to be calm, but inside, he was very angry and felt like knocking someone's lights out. He had learned how to control his emotions at an early age.

"We're going to eat," Tyson announced. "Would you like to come?"

"And see you eat, I'll pass," Kai said sarcastically.

"Fine be that way," Tyson walked off with Max following behind him.

"You don't have to be so cold all the time," Rei sighed as he watched the two leave.

"I was trained that way," Kai said as he turned to leave.

"Where are you going?" Rei asked his team captain, out of curiosity.

"I'm going to train like we should all be doing," Kai said.

"I'll join you," Rei said a bit hastily. "I could also use the extra training."

"Hn."

"I will be at the local beyblade shops, checking out the parts," Kenny spoke up. "I have a few ideas that may work, but we'll have to see."

Kai and Rei headed towards the woods, where they trained. Kai had wanted to train solo. For the first few launches, he went solo until Rei convinced him to go up against him. Both of them battled never allowing the other to gain the upper hand. The white tiger bit beast faced off against the red phoenix in a battle of wills. Both bit beasts were determined to win for their masters. The battle went on for a long time till it ended in a draw.

"I see you've improved," Kai remarked as he picked up his blade.

"I've been training extra hours," Rei said casually. He picked up his beyblade and looked at his team captain.

"I can tell," Kai said. They stared at each other for awhile. Then Kai broke contact. "We should be going. The other will be looking for us."

"Yeah," Rei said as he reluctantly followed Kai. He wanted to spend more time alone with his team captain, but he wasn't sure if he felt the same way towards him. Ever since the last tournament, he had been falling in love with the cold beyblader. He just couldn't admit it.

Out of the blue, Kai stopped and turned around, causing Rei to crash into him. "Something is on your mind."

"What makes you think that?" Rei asked, backing away from him.

"You're trembling and I know you don't tremble," Kai pointed out that fact.

"It's cold out here," Rei lied. "I'm used to warm weathers. That's it."

"Tell me the truth," Kai said forcefully as he advanced on his golden eyed team mate.

Rei kept back away until he hit a tree. When he tried to move around it, he found himself being pinned to it by his team captain. His breathing became shallow as Kai's face hovered very closely to his face. He tried to look away, but Kai kept moving along with him.

"Can we go now?" Rei squeaked.

"Not until you tell me what is bothering you," Kai demanded to know.

"It's none of your business," Rei said, trying to sound defiant.

"I make it my business to know my team mates," Kai informed the Chinese blader.

"There's nothing to know, really," Rei tried to sound calm. He ended up sounding really panicky and frightened.

'Rei's not going to open up. I guess it's now or never.' Kai pressed his lips against his team mate's. 'Just as I thought, they are soft.'

Needless to say, this act completely caught Rei off guard. It took a moment for his mind to register what was happening. When he hadn't responded, Kai thought he didn't like him, and he was about to pull away. Rei hastily returned the kiss, before Kai could leave him. Kai deepened his kiss and licked the bottom of Rei's lips, wanting entrance. Rei opened his mouth allowing his team mate to explore it. He moaned as his team captain explored his mouth to the fullest. Eventually, they had to break for air.

"My first kiss," Rei whispered.

Kai raised a brow, but only pulled Rei closer to his body. "Is that so?"

"Yes," Rei rested his head on Kai's shoulder.

"I'm glad to be your first," Kai smiled a little one, a very little one.

"Does this mean we're together?" Rei asked. 'Please let it be.'

"If you want it to be," Kai squeezed Rei's hand.

"I would like it," Rei nuzzled Kai.

"We should be going," Kai said pulling Rei away from him and leading him towards their apartment. "The others will be wondering where we went."

"Are we going to let the others know?" Rei asked.

"Not yet," Kai said, to the disappointment of Rei. "They might not accept us being a couple."

"Oh."

"Not to mention, the Demolition Boys could use this information against us," Kai informed his new lover. "I couldn't forgive myself if anything happened to you."

"I understand," Rei accepted this decision.

In the meantime, Tyson and Max were exiting the restaurant. For once, Tyson didn't make a pig of himself and managed to eat a decent amount of food. Max just came along to spend time with Tyson. He didn't mind his team mate's eating habits, as long as he could spend time with the blader. Unfortunately, Tyson had no clue about Max's crush on him. His skull was too thick for him to realize it.

"He really gets on my nerves," Tyson grumbled as they were heading towards their apartment.

"Kai?" Max asked.

"Yeah," Tyson admitted sheepishly. "What's up with that guy?"

"Well, he was trained at the Abbey," Max said thoughtfully.

"Still, he could have at least learned to be human," Tyson grumbled.

"Could we talk about something else?" Max asked.

"Sure thing," Tyson accepted the request. "What do you want to talk about?"

"I dunno," Max shrugged.

"What do you think about the Shadow Bladers?" Tyson asked out of the blue.

"They're okay," Max said. "They remind me of us, on some sort of level."

"How's that?" Tyson inquired while raising a brow.

"Arian reminds me of Rei," Max mused out loud. "Danny reminds me of Kai. I think Theo and I have similar personalities."

"I never thought of that," Tyson shrugged. "I wonder if Rocky and I have similar personalities or if he would end up to be more like Kenny."

"You never know," Max said cheerfully.

"I wonder what the rest of team is up to," Tyson said thoughtfully.

"Knowing Kai, he's probably training or something," Max said nonchalantly. "Kenny would most likely be researching or checking out the local competition."

"I guess so," Tyson said. "What would you like to do?"

"I don't know," Max admitted. "Maybe we can train?"

"Why would we want to do that?" Tyson questioned. 'I hope he doesn't turn into another Kai.'

"Because the tournament isn't that far away," Max informed him. "We didn't become the world champions on luck. We had to train."

"You're right," Tyson sighed. "Let's head towards one of the stadiums at the park."

"Okay," Max said. Moments of silence passed. "Tyson?"

"What is it?"

"If you liked someone but that someone doesn't know you like them, then what would you do?"

Tyson paused for a moment. "I'd tell that person how I would feel, before it's too late. Why do you ask?"

"Because......."

"Because what?" Tyson questioned.

"Because I think I like someone more than a friend," Max admitted as he stared at everything except the object of his affection.

"Would that person be Kai?" Tyson asked.

"Absolutely not!" Max said quickly. "He isn't my type."

"Rei?" Tyson wondered, to which he received a no. "Kenny?" The same results happened. "Mariah?" Again, Max shook his head. "Emily? Lee? Kevin? Gary? Michael? Steve? Eddie?" Every single of his answer received a no. "Could that person be me?"

Max blushed a bright red. "Um, yeah."

"....... Good, cause I feel the same way," Tyson hugged the blonde.

A big smile spread across Max's face as he hugged his team mate. Tyson returned the hug as they changed their destination. Instead of heading back to their apartment, they were going to the park and train there.



Couples:

Kai/Rei

Tyson/Max

Kenny/Dizzi

Lee/Mariah

Michael/Emily

Robert /Oliver

Johnny/Enrique

Tala/Arian

Bryan/Danny

Spencer/Ian

Rocky/Theo



Elemental Beast Guardians

Kai: phoenix - fire

Max: turtle - water

Tyson: dragon - wind

Kenny: fox - earth

Rei: tiger - thunder

Danny: dragon - darkness (aka Dramon)

Arian: falcon - light (aka Dralcian)