Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Lonely ❯ You and I Collide ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

You and I Collide
 
This is the second chapter of Lonely, a separate story from the last chapter!


The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You're barely waking
And I'm tangled up in you
Yeah…
 
The dawn is breaking, a light shining through, you're barely waking, and I'm tangled up in you…yeah did you like my scenery description?
 
I'm walking around, no idea where I'm going, err…thinking.
 
Yesterday I found out some very nerve-wracking information.
 
Well, I didn't really find out, but I've `finally figured it out,' as Kai would say.
 
“Tyson, you CAN'T blade today, look what happens when you even try to stand?”
 
“What the hell are you talking about. I'll be fine, now just stick your nose in someone else's business, okay?”
 
“You can't even STAND! How do plan on defeating someone, even in a friendly match? You'll lose within an instant.”
 
“Why do you even care? Isn't this what you've always wanted—me landed in some hospital bed?”
 
I'd had a sprained ankle for a few days then, and every night someone would volunteer to stay with me. Usually it was Ray, but Kai, Max, and Kenny also came.
 
That night, I wasn't doing too well and was especially tired.
 
What surprised me the most, however, was that Hilary decided to stay with me. Me being the idiot that I am, didn't realize why until now, and Kai practically told me.
 
I didn't know Kai had entered the room, right after Hilary left.
 
“Why do you think,” he said, almost in a whisper.
 
“Bec-“
 
“Because she likes you, you fool. I'm not being blunt—that's the way it is. You can figure the rest out for yourself.” And with that he was gone again.
 
I'm open, you're closed
Where I follow, you'll go
I worry I won't see your face
Light up again

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide
 
I used to think that I was the one who was prone to blurting things out, being obvious and loud.
 
Now I'm not so sure.
 
I'm not stupid like it seems from the outside.
 
I DO have real feelings, emotions, and occasionally total meltdowns.
 
Just like regular people.
 
But she doesn't seem to get that.
 
Right now, I'm wondering how Kai can possibly get out of this that Hil likes me.
 
I mean, like, we argue almost 24/7. Usually it's all in fun, but sometimes we DO actually get mad at each other.
 
Like the other day.
 
But come to think of it…
 
Didn't I see Hilary on my way to science?
 
And history?
 
And she's been waiting by my locker more than usual.
 
Maybe it's her not-so-obvious-to-me-at-least way of showing that she care about me, as more than a good friend, which in my opinion is all we are right now.
 
Who knows, one day, we could become something more.
 
But not now, cause:
 
I'm not ready
I don't think I like Hil in that way
Doing the whole BF/GF thing could ruin our friendship and/or my friendship with the guys
 
There, that's my list of reasons why Hilary and me should not get together.
 
But the point is, she likes me.
 
And I don't.
 
I don't wanna embarrass her, or myself, but I can't handle this!
 
I just wanna go on being friends…and seeing her everyday, and laughing.
 
Nothing more.
 
I'm quiet you know
You make a first impression
I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind
 
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the stars refuse to shine
Out of the back you fall in time
I somehow find
You and I collide
 
This is all too much for me right now.
 
Then again, how ELSE do you expect me to take this?
 
After all, I'm only me.
 
So…now you like me.
 
Uh huh.
 
Now what?
 
I've never been in this position.
 
Well, I mean, I have, because I'm only a guy, and I've thought a lot of girls were hott.
 
But that's not the same thing.
 
Ever since Kai said that, I can't stop thinking about it; Hilary.
 
Which is only natural, I suppose.
 
But still.
 
I've been wondering, what would happen if I told her how I felt?
 
If I told her, she'd either pretend that she doesn't like me either and embarrass me or flip and never speak to me again… wahhh.
 
I can imagine why she'd be so upset, though, cause I probably gave her the wrong idea when I was pretending to flirt with her.
 
Key word is pretending.
 
I do not harbor any real feelings towards her at all whatsoever.
 
Not at all…

Don't stop here
I lost my place
I'm close behind
 
Well, maybe I do, just a little bit.
 
After all, why else would I be obsessing over this so much?
 
Actually, most guys would be sooooo happy to have you, one of the most popular girls in the school, like them.
 
After all, you ARE a triple threat.
 
Think about it.
 
Pretty, but not slutty, smart, but not a total brainbox who won't stop showing off, AND you've got this awesome kick-ass attitude that just accents everything else about you.
 
So maybe I lied.
 
OF COURSE I LIKE YOU WHAT SANE GUY WOULD NOT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
 
Except for Kai.
 
And now, I find myself at your door (you forgot I was out walking at the crack of dawn, didn't you?).
 
No idea why.
 
Truth be told, I haven't paid much attention to where I'm going over the last hour or so.
 
DIIIING DOOOONNG
 
It's like my hand isn't connected to my brain any longer.
 
My brain's sayin, `Ok. Let's go home now,' and my hand's sayin, `Yes! Let's ring this random doorbell and see what happens!'
 
I was dropped on the head as a baby, don't ask.
 
“Oh, my. Takao. What brings you by here so early?” Mrs. Tatibana asks, wearing an old flowery apron. She looks like she was in the midst of cleaning.
 
“Uhh…ohh…I was just wondering if Hilary was coming to our 2:00 practice this afternoon!” I reply, one hand behind my head nervously.
 
Stupid disconnected hand…
 
“Well, why don't you go on up and ask her yourself? I'm sure she's up by now…”
 
“Oh heh heh that won't be necessary I just remembered we don't HAVE practice today that's next week okay see ya bye!!!” I ran down the steps and over to the side of the house, panting, when I ran into none other than the girl I did NOT want to see.
 
“…What are you doing,” She asked bluntly.
 
“Oh, me? I was just hiding from Max…we're playing hide and seek…I figured he wouldn't even think to look here…” I trailed off lamely.
 
Hilary cocked an eyebrow my way and I knew she didn't buy my excuse.
 
When suddenly I find myself pushed up against the bricks up the house, and it's a miracle I haven't gotten whiplash.
 
God, that girl is strong.
 
“Hil, I'm sorry for what I said yesterday, it wasn't in my place, please don't-“
 
Ooh.
 
I see.
 
I'm cut off as she presses her lips with mine, and all in the span of about one second, it's over.
 
I look at her like, `What the hell??' and she replies with, “I'm sorry about yesterday, too. But I'm not sorry about what Kai told me.”
 
Kai.
 
I shoulda known.
 
Who else would go meddling around in his friends love lives?
 
Then again…maybe I'm glad he did.
 
I kiss her back, and after that, well, you know the story.
 
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You finally find
You and I collide

You finally find
You and I collide
You finally find
You and I collide…