Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Lost in a Dream ❯ Hatred Flares ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Beyblade. Allison and Spencer are my own characters.

 

A/N: Yay! I finally had time to write the first chapter of Lost in a Dream. Trouble will still continue, I promise, and so will Trouble II when Trouble is over. Just for your information, Spencer is 20, Kai and his friends are 18 and Allison is 17.

 

 

Allison sat huddled in the dark dank alley, lone tears cascading down her face. If she hadn't saw, she wouldn't believe it. Her brother was dead. She was the only one left. Why did you leave me when I needed you most? She thought silently. Now it was up to her to find some money and survive and no one to lean on. Even her best friend, Jenna, had just gotten a job. She eyed herself, looking at her soiled grimy clothes, dirty face, and used her fingers to comb through her matted raven hair. She knew she looked disastrous. She sniffled and stood up from the floor and walked hunched in despair out of the alley. She started walking down a road where the rich lived when suddenly, a car zipped by and splashed. Allison used her hands and tried to wipe off the water that had splashed onto her face, but only smeared the dirt and grit more. The car stopped and a young man slightly older than her came out of the car. He eyed her in disgust then said, " Sorry about the splash." Then he reentered the car and it drove off. Kai sat back in his seat. That girl looked absolutely disgusting," thought Kai. The grand gates of his home swung open, revealing a stately mansion. In fact, it was the largest mansion on the street. Kai entered his home and entered the sitting room, as his mother requested him to.

 

" Kai, we need to hire a new servant to work around this place, to clean it up and for some entertainment." Said his mother.

 

" And why do I need to know?" said Kai.

 

" Because, you're choosing this servant," said his mother haughtily and left the room.

 

" Great, just great," said Kai, mumbling. He headed up to his room and dialed his friend, Tala.

 

" Hey, man," said Tala as he heard Kai's voice.

 

" Hey," said Kai.

 

" What now?" asked Tala.

 

" Mother's making me choose the new servant," said Kai rolling his eyes.

 

There was suddenly a knock on his door. Kai got up and opened it .

 

" OK, Spencer, what do you want now?" said Kai sighing.

 

" I want you to convince mother to install another pool. You always get your way since you're younger." Said Spencer.

 

" Fine, I will, just let me finish talking to Tala first," said Kai, pushing Spencer out of the door.

 

 

" Ouch. But I think I might be able to help you," asked Tala.

 

" How?" asked Kai.

 

" Well, mother got a maid in my service, her name is Jenna or Jenny or something like that. Well, she said that one of her friends needed a job."

 

" And is she at least presentable, can work and also provide entertainment?" asked Kai.

 

" Uh, I think so," said Tala uncertainly.

 

" Well, just tell, whoever your maid is, that I want to meet with that girl ASAP." Said Kai.

 

" Sure," said Tala and the line went dead. Kai laid back on his bed and looked at the ceiling.

 

Meanwhile, Jenna ran down some streets and spotted Allison trudging down.

 

" Alli, Alli! Great news! I think I might have gotten a job for you," said Jenna breathless.

 

" Really?" said Allison, her eyes wide.

 

" Yes. It's not an overly bad job. You can be a maid. And the wages aren't that bad either," said Jenna.

 

" I'll take it," said Allison.

 

" Well come with me and I'll get you dress up and presentable," said Jenna, dragging her to her master's house.

 

When Allison entered the house, she looked awed at the house.

 

" Is this your friend?" said Tala, his voice slicing through the air.

 

" Yes, master." Said Jenna politely.

 

" Well, take her to the servants quarter and get her presentable. I placed a dress on your bed. It should be able to fit her. Get her changed into it, get her washed, and fed. Then I'll take her over to my friend's house to put her in his service," said Tala, turning away and heading up the stairs. Jenna led Allison to the servants quarter and left her in the washroom to bath and change her clothes. Allison used a sponge and scrubbed off all the grim and dirt and thoroughly washed her long raven tresses. She stepped out and slipped on a black cotton dress and black heeled shoes. She grabbed a comb and brushed through her tangled hair, finally unknotting it. She exited out of the washroom and Jenna handed her an apple, a muffin and a sandwich. Allison quickly ate it and they headed back upstairs.

 

" I see that you're ready." Said Tala and they took a limo over to Kai's house. Kai was waiting at in the sitting room. Tala soon came in dragging a girl behind. Allison gasped silently as she saw Kai. It was the guy that had splashed her earlier.

 

" Here's the girl," said Tala.

 

" Well, girl, what your name, what can you do?" said Kai arrogantly.

 

Allison said defiantly, " Why would you need the knowledge of what I can do?"

 

Kai only smirked. " Well, then, what's your name?"

 

" Allison."

 

" Why waste my time by not talking?" said Allison angrily.

 

" She'll do," said Kai to Tala.

 

" Mariah, take this girl to the servant quarters and get her dressed appropriately. Tell her the rules and she'll start working tomorrow. Also give her a map so she won't get lost," said Kai, throwing Allison a smirk. Allison gritted her teeth. On her way to the servant quarters, she muttered, " Such a cold-hearted bastard." Mariah giggled.

 

" What's so funny?" said Allison snappishly.

 

" Nothing," said Mariah. Mariah opened a door. " This is your room," said Mariah. Mariah then gave her a map. " Trust me, you'll need this map. This mansion is so big that it's so easy to get lost in." Mariah flung open a door and gave her a stack of dress and aprons. " Here are the uniforms," she said. Suddenly, there was a buzz from Mariah's walkie talkie.

 

" Send the new maid up immediately," said Mrs. Hiwatari.

 

" Yes, at once, madam'," said Mariah. Mariah threw Allison a walkie talkie. " Keep it. You'll need it," said Mariah. Allison only nodded and Mariah took her up to Mrs. Hiwatari's solar, where Kai and Spencer stood obediently behind.

 

" Madame, here's the new maid, Allison," said Mariah.

 

Mrs. Hiwatari looked Allison over. Allison was kind of pretty, only a bit thin, but with innocence.

 

" You will do as you are asked to. You will obey us, unless it's life-threatening to you. If you do not obey, then you will receive punishment, usually an extra chore for a month. You will be put under the service of my son, Spencer. You will obey his every whim, except on your day off and at night. You will also obey my son, Kai." Said Mrs. Hiwatari haughtily.

 

" Yes, madame," said Allison, lowering her head.

 

" Good. You will start working tomorrow," said Mrs. Hiwatari and with a wave of her hand, she dismissed them.

 

Spencer nudged Kai and whispered, " Ask mother about the pool." And then left.

 

" Mother, I was thinking of adding another pool to this house. That way, Spencer and I won't fight over it all the time," said Kai.

 

"Good idea. I'll tell your father. Run along now." Said Mrs. Hiwatari.

 

Kai went back to his room. A smirk traveled across his face. He's gonna make her life like hell. Spencer flopped onto his bed and smiled. A pretty girl in his service. He thought, " For once, I get the better."

 

 

THE NEXT DAY

 

Allison woke up at 5AM, before anyone else in the house was awake, other than Kai. She quickly made some pancakes and chomped them down with a glass of milk. She grabbed a pail and ran upstairs and filled it with soap and water and started to scrub the foyer. She worked feverishly, pushing her damp hair out of her face. Within an hour, she had finished scrubbing it. She emptied the pail and grabbed a broom and started to sweep the patio. Kai decided to go downstairs and eat breakfast. As he went down the stairs, he noticed that the foyer was already cleaned. Who would wash the floor, mind as well, wake up this early in the morning? He slipped on a puddle of water and the base and fell backwards.

 

" Damn it," he grumbled, getting back up and headed back up the stairs to change. Allison replaced the broom after sweeping and got the mop and started to mop the dinning hall. She then saw Kai going that way and she lifted her pail and her mop, and decided to mop another room first. Kai entered the room and said, " Fix me my breakfast." Allison gritted her teeth and nodded. She went into the kitchen and washed her hands. She quickly diced some fruits placed it in front of him with a fork. She then reentered the kitchen and made some pancakes with fruit topping and placed it in front of him and whisked away the bowl of eaten fruits. Kai slowly munched on his pancakes. He had to admit that they were better than the slop that the cooks make for breakfast. Allison quickly cleaned up the kitchen then efficiently mopped the floor. She then started dusting the many pieces of furniture in the house. She kept on working until 9 AM, when Spencer called for her to bring up his breakfast and she obliged. She brought up the tray and knocked on the door.

 

" Come in," said a muffled voice.

 

Allison pushed open the door and placed the tray in front of him and left the room, closing the door shut behind him. She started to vacuum the hall and by the time she was done, she was called to whisk away the tray. She took the tray back to the kitchen and continued to work. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Allison opened the door. It was Tala and his friends, so Allison let them pass by, shutting the door firmly behind them. Using the mic system, she said, " Master Kai, guests in foyer." And left. Kai went to the foyer.

 

" So, how's the new maid?" said Tala.

 

" It's so freaking hard to get her to mess up. She's up so early at the morning. And she already finished a lot of the chores ," said Kai. Tala chuckled at Kai's remark.

 

" I bet you mother is probably pleased," said Tyson.

 

" Yeah," said Kai, rolling his eyes, " And she's under Spencer's service. You know what that means."

 

" Of course, little work, lots of fun," said Ray. Ray turned around and saw Allison lugging a pail of water to the deck to wash it before Kai and his friends went there. She mouthed, " Don't say a word," and quickly lugged it over to the deck. She scrubbed the floor on her hands and knees and Kai soon went there while his friends were getting changed. She wasn't aware that he was there and he pushed her into the water. Allison, not knowing how to swim, was floundering in the water and started to sink. Kai smirked from the sides. Allison was panicking under the water. She was running out of breath. She started to feel dizzy and lightheaded. Kai's friends came and saw her start sinking.

 

" Are you out of your mind, Kai?" asked Max.

 

" No. This is for humiliating me this morning," said Kai, folding his arms across his chest.

 

" Well, I'm going in," said Ray, " have you ever thought of the possibility that she can't swim?" Ray dove into the water and hoisted her so that her head was above the water. Her lids were closed, her lips bluish in colour, her skin clammy. Tala and Max grabbed her from Ray's grasp and laid her on the floor. Soon after, Allison started to choke and water gushed out.

 

" That was real stupid, Kai," said Tyson.

 

" For once, I agree with Tyson," said Tala.

 

Kai just said, " Whatever."

 

Allison eyes opened, revealing it's elegant amethyst colour. Allison quickly scrambled up.

 

" I'm sorry. My most sincere apologies to you masters for having you to save a lowly servant like me," said Allison and she grabbed the pail and hurried away, water dripping from her dress, clinging onto her. Ray stared quizzically at her. There was something about her that he couldn't exactly put a finger on and he was determined to find out.

 

 

How do you like this one. This one isn't gonna be a overly long fic, no sequel. Please R+R!