Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Lost in a Dream ❯ Incidents ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Beyblade. Allison and Spencer are my own characters.
 
 
Allison ran into the house, water dripping from her. She noticed that water had dripped in a trail behind her, so she grabbed some towels and wiped up the mess. Mrs. Hiwatari was walking down at that moment and saw her, dripping wet, wiping some water.
 
“ What happened to you?” asked Mrs. Hiwatari.
 
“ Nothing madame,” said Allison, lowering her eyes, shivering slightly.
 
“ You're dripping wet.” Said Mrs. Hiwatari.
 
“ It's nothing,” said Allison, her teeth chattering slightly.
 
“ If you insist. I'm most pleased with your performance.” Said Mrs. Hiwatari.
 
“ Thank you, madame,” said Allison. Mrs. Hiwatari waved her had away and Allison hurried off as she was dismissed. Allison had the rest of the afternoon to spend as she wished since she finished her chores. In her now damp dress, she grabbed a book and went to an area where she didn't think anyone would go. After reading for awhile, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around and gazed into chocolate brown eyes. Allison quickly bounded up and inclined her head.
 
“ I'm very sorry,” said Allison, holding her book, inclining her head and stepped back.
 
“ It's ok. Maids are allowed to wander the grounds.” Said Spencer.
 
“ I'm sorry. I'll go back in now,” said Allison, stepping back even further.
 
Spencer eyed her over. Her raven hair was in wet locks, her black dress clinging onto her, and her long shapely legs and slender arms.
 
In his head, he thought, “ Boy does she look hot.”
 
Allison shifted uncomfortably from her position. She was not accustomed to have people stare at her,
 
“ You may go now,” said Spencer. A small grin broke across her face as she raced back into the house. As she rounded the corner, she almost crashed into Mrs. Hiwatari.
 
“ I'm so sorry madame!” said Allison horrified.
 
“ Don't worry.” Said Mrs. Hiwatari, “ I have something I have to talk to you about, though. Come with me.”
 
Mrs. Hiwatari led her down a hall to a small sitting room.
 
“ You may be seated,” said Mrs. Hiwatari and Allison sat on the least fancy chair she could see.
 
“ May I ask how old you are?” asked Mrs. Hiwatari.
 
“ I'm 17, madame.” Answered Allison.
 
“ Did you ever have an education?” asked Mrs. Hiwatari.
 
“ Yes, I stopped going to school when I was 16, because our mother died that year and my brother was sickly and I had to tend to him and I couldn't leave and work because I had to take care of him. We ran out of money so we had to stay in the slums and he died earlier this year,” said Allison, tears glistening in her eyes.
 
“ I'm sorry,” said Mrs. Hiwatari, “ I was thinking of sending you to school, since you seemed a bit to young to be 18 and above. My offer is this. I'll send you to school and you can work before school starts so you can hang with your friends after school and also finish your homework.”
 
“ Really?” said Allison excited.
 
“ Yes, really.” Said Mrs. Hiwatari.
 
“ Thank you, madame!” said Allison.
 
“ Go off now.” Said Mrs. Hiwatari with a wave of her hand and Allison hurried away.
 
 
LATE THAT NIGHT
 
Allison kept on turning under the covers of her bed. She felt flushed and a wave of nausea hit her. She ran to the washroom and threw up, flushing the toilet afterwards. She staggered to the sink and poured herself a glass of water to wash out her mouth. Beads of perspiration were on her forehead. Allison went back to the room, her room deathly stifling, searing with heat. Her hair was now damp from sweat, her body becoming freezing cold or violently hot. She finally slept at 3 AM, but when she woke up the next morning, she tried to get out of bed, but tumbled out. She rubbed her eyes and glanced at the clock. It was 1 PM. Allison was horrified. When did she ever get up that late? Mariah heard her tumble and ran into the room, seeing Allison trying to pick herself off the floor.
 
“ Here, let me help you,” said Mariah, getting the younger girl up. As she hoisted Allison up, she felt searing heat emitting from Allison's body.
 
“ Are you sick Allison?” asked Mariah.
 
“ I'm fine,” said Allison, coughing.
 
“ No you aren't. You're boiling!” said Mariah, “ Get back in bed.”
 
Allison stuck out her tongue at Mariah before climbing into the bed. Mariah got Allison a glass of water before going upstairs to make excuses to Mrs. Hiwatari. Upstair, Kai and Spencer were in Mrs. Hiwatari's rooms as there was a knock on the door.
 
“ Come in,” she said authoritatively.
 
Mariah stepped into the room. “ I have a message from Allison for her absence. I just checked on her 5 minutes earlier and it seems that she isn't feeling well. I believe she's suffering from the flu, madame.” Said Mariah and she exited.
 
“ Should we call a doctor?” asked Spencer worriedly. Mrs. Hiwatari eyed Spencer carefully. He usually despised learning about a servant's welfare.
 
“ No need,” said Mrs. Hiwatari.
 
“ Kai, send down the tonic that you usually have to her,” said Mrs. Hiwatari. Kai eyed his mother. The tonic was the best there was. Mother must really like the new maid,” he thought.
 
“ Yes mother,” said Kai, leaving the room. He approached his room and took out the tonic from the cabinet and walked to the servant's quarter. He checked which room Allison was in and knocked on the door.
 
“ Come in,” said Allison weakly, not caring about who the person is. Kai strode in, a bottle in hand.
 
“ Master Kai! Good afternoon,” she said.
 
“ My mother told me to bring this down for you to have. 2 teaspoons every 4-6 hours, dilute with 50 mL water,” said Kai.
 
“ Please tell your mother that I thank her greatly,” said Allison, coughing afterwards. Kai gave a side glance at her. She looked as if she had pneumonia, not a common flu. Then he recalled what happened yesterday, pushing her into the pool, making her go wet doing all her chores that day. She probably caught it then.
 
“ Are you going to leave, Master Kai?” said Allison, falling back on her pillows. Kai ignored her and walked out of the door, shutting it behind him.
 
Allison started to cough and laid back on her pillows. Her shirt was damp and her locks were plastering on her back and face. Allison felt too weak to argue and she fell into slumber. Later in the evening, Allison woke up and staggered to the door and opened it, trying to make her way to the dining hall for dinner. On her way, she crashed into someone. She tumbled backwards, hitting the carpeted floor.