Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Make Believe Marriage ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Make Believe Marriage

Summary: Tyson, Max and Ray meet a strange girl called Kaze, who claims to be betrothed to Kai by an arrange marriage! She’s mad at Kai, yet intent to be his future wife. But her story simply doesn’t add up, and Kai is more than willing to point out her flaws.

Pairings: Tala/Kai

Theme: A sudden fiancée storming onto the scene, just oozing with sassiness.

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Beyblade or any character associated. I do own Kaze Waldrof. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not based on anyone else’s character design, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warnings: Kai is a girl in this story. The use and introduction of a female Original Character. Any fans of OCs and OC pairings should leave now. Anti-OC pairings and blatant bashing of my own character. I created her; I can do what I want with her. And I plan to.

-

Chapter 5:

Kai didn’t like losing her temper; in fact she hated it and tried her best to keep her emotions in check whenever possible. But right now...ah, fuck it! She’s going to tell Kaze exactly why she was no fiancée of his.

“I’ll start from the beginning,” Kai said as she drew in a deep breath through her mouth as she readied herself for what is to come. This would bring back a lot of memories, but anything was better than staying in Kaze’s presence a moment longer.

“This should be interesting,” Kaze suddenly muttered, that smug, haughty look still marring her features. She waited to see what kind of pathetic lies Kai would come up with to get out of their arranged marriage.

No matter what he said, though, they were still engaged.

“Your parents and my grandfather could not have agreed upon a contract for us to wed,” Kai said slowly, punctuating each word to get the point across more clearly. “Simply because my grandfather did not know that I existed until my parents died in a car accident and I was suddenly thrust into his care at the age of seven. So, there is no way we could have been engaged before we were born.”

Immediately, her mind was bombarded with images of her first meeting with her grandfather, Voltaire. The sadness of having just lost her parents and the fear of finding herself in the ‘care’ of her grandfather was something she still had nightmares about this very day.

Clenching her teeth, Kai inwardly cursed Kaze for bringing up those memories, knowing that the nightmares shall come tonight.

“And the Hiwatari estate in Moscow wasn’t finished being built until I was ten years of age,” Kai carried on, hoping to distract herself from the memories. “If you did some research, you would know that.”

“What?” Kaze found herself blinking in disbelief at Kai’s words, speechless for a rare moment. She was quite stunned by his words, but also incensed that he would make up such things to try and get out of their arrangement. He could pick out all the minor faults all he wanted, nothing would change. A contract was a contract, no matter how much of a hissy fit Kai threw.

It was amazing by what lengths a Hiwatari will go through to get out of something, wasn’t it?

“Oh, I’m not turning 18 years old next week,” Kai said as a small victorious smirk appeared on her lips. “I’m only turning 17 in August. You’re a little early, aren’t you?”

“You’re lying,” Kaze quickly accused, unfolding her arms from her chest to let them drop by her sides, her hands curling into tight fists. She narrowed her visible eye into a glare of frustration, giving him a look that said he was an idiot. Everyone knew he was the oldest of the team and that his birthday was in December, who was he trying to fool?

It was quite insulting how poorly Kai thought of her. Why did she bother with this heartless bastard in the first place?

“The date on the contract clearly said next week,” Kaze said through clenched teeth. “And you are to produce an heir to gain your fortune.”

Kai auditable snorted loudly at that statement and rolled her eyes toward the ceiling. “I already have Voltaire’s fortune and I didn’t need to sleep with some slut to get it.”

“Don’t you dare call me a slut!” Kaze shrieked at him, aghast that he would call her that to her face. Oh, when they get married, the first thing she’s going to make him do is to go through a class that will teach him to respect a woman, the sexist pig!

Kai, however, found herself rolling her eyes in utter contempt again. “My grandfather wanted an heir, which is true, but he most certainly would not have paired me with a bitchy little weakling like you.”

Again, the thought of Voltaire sitting at a cute little coffee table as he dined with tea and biscuits with Kaze’s unknown parents popped into Kai’s head and she resisted the urge to literally laugh out loud at the notion. It was ridiculous!

When she first heard Kaze tell her that story, she thought she was joking. Who could blame her? The idea was just too stupid and...insane to be taken seriously! Really, Voltaire pairing her up with a childhood friend so they could live happily ever after? Were they talking about the same deranged, I’m-going-to-take-over-the-world Voltaire that she knew as her grandfather?

But Kaze said it with a serious tone and a straight face, so that quickly brought home the fact that she wasn’t joking.

Oh my god, what comes from the minds of deranged fangirls’ these days was truly frightening.

“He would see it that I would be paired with the strongest and richest male he could find,” Kai finished as she gave her head a little shake, slate gray bangs swaying before her ruby eyes.

“Male?” Kaze spluttered, her expression paling into that of a look of shock with a hint of disgust. Did Kai just admit that he was gay? That can’t be, he can’t be gay! He was too hot to be gay! That was so wrong!

Kai heard the tone of disapproval in her voice and felt herself frown, a sense of anger bubbling in her chest. “What? Do you find it hard to take that I have a male fiancé?”

“That’s just...ew!” Kaze said as she made a light gagging noise as she waved her arms about in front of her. “Two guys can’t be together!”

Kai rolled her eyes yet again and shook her head. Kaze here was obviously a very judgemental and shallow person. Heck, Kai knew that the moment she first saw her, it was just her reaction just then that really confirmed it. “I didn’t say anything about two guys,” she muttered.

Kaze looked confused. “What?”

“Oh, I guess you don’t know,” Kai said with that same victorious smirk making its way back to her lips and she grabbed the end of her shirt, whipping it over her head in one swift movement. She stood there for a moment, one hand on her hip as the other hung loosely by her side, holding her shirt.

“I’m actually a girl,” Kai confirmed after a moment of silence as she lifted her chin a little higher, giving a somewhat smug look. “Didn’t see that coming did you?”

Kaze physically reeled back in surprise, nothing but an expression of shock on her face. “That’s...not possible,” she muttered as she shook her head in disbelief, her blue eye taking in Kai’s obviously female figure.

This was obviously not supposed to happen! Kai was meant to be a cold-hearted guy who was indifferent to just about everything but her. He was supposed to be suffering from a bit of memory lost and when she told mentioned his grandfather by name, he was suppose to believe her when she said she was his fiancée. That way, she could get herself onto a winning team without going through the hassles of having to make up a team of her own and then train them.

That can’t happen now. No way was she going to be a fiancée to another girl!

“Um, maybe I read the name wrong?” she stuttered, her mind reeling as she tried to pick another possible name. “It’s was Tala! He’s my fiancé!”

The Blitzkrieg Boys, soon to be Blitzkrieg Bladers when she becomes a member, was a much better team anyway!

Kai slowly shook her head, giving Kaze a ‘try again’ look while smirking. “That’s not possible,” she said coolly. “Tala’s my betrothed.”

“What?” Kaze muttered as she sunk back meekly, realizing swiftly that the game is up.

Surely, Kai could understand why she made up the fact that they were married, right? It was to prove how serious she was about becoming a member of the team. Yeah, she was just a feisty spitfire who was determined to succeed in life, that’s all.

However, those weren’t the word Kai was thinking at the moment.

“I suggest you get the fuck out of my sight,” Kai suddenly hissed as she took a very threatening step forward, making Kaze cower away from her even more. This situation was no longer mildly amusing or frustrating, it was fucking draining and irritating her.

“How dare you think you can come barging in here and expect everyone to believe you?” Kai continued as she suddenly grabbed Kaze by the collar of her shirt. “I don’t know who the fuck you think you are, but if you don’t get out of my sight right now, I won’t hesitate to break a kendo stick over your head and throw you out.”

“Now, that’s a threat if I ever heard one.”

In surprise, Kai dropped Kaze harshly and spun around to find a very familiar redhead leaning in the doorway. “Tala?” Kai said as a feeling of utter relief washed over her and she walked over to him, letting him wrap her up in her arms.

“After I got away from the bratpack, I heard some screaming,” Tala explained as he looked down in utter concern at the young woman in his arms. He could literally feel her seethe with inner rage. He rested his cheek on top of her head, running his hands soothingly up and down her nearly bare back. “They told me what happened.”

He then turns his attention to the ransacked room and the other female who was trying to sneak her way out, a look of humiliation and defeat on her face. “I take this thing here is your supposed ‘fiancée’?” he hissed lightly, a warning tone in his voice, causing the strange girl to freeze in her tracks.

“Yeah,” Kai said and gave a long suffering sigh. “Listen to this one, would you? She said that we were engaged before we were born, a contract written between my grandfather and her parents that stated that we are to marry on my 18th birthday, which, according to her, is a mere week away.”

Tala couldn’t help by laugh at the absurdity of the story and shook his head sadly with a sense of pity. “Did you tell her the truth?”

“Yes, she didn’t believe me,” Kai said with a sense of bitterness in her voice. “She then stated that you’re her fiancé.”

A delicate red eyebrow immediately shot up towards the ceiling and Tala was unable to suppress a grimace from appearing. “I see.”

Narrowing her eyes dangerous, Kai pushed herself out of Tala’s arms and turned her attention toward Kaze once again.

“Did you really think you’re lies would hold?” she asked. “Did you really think I would just accept your words as truth without proof? I find it deluded that you think I would believe you spouting such nonsense. You heard somewhere that I had very little memory of my past and you tried to exploit that. I’m just fortunate that I had someone who actually knew of my past and had records of it to reassure me that he was telling the truth. If I never see you again, it will be too soon!”

Kai finished, panting harshly. Her head was reeling from a headache, her face was flushed with fury, her blood boiling with anger; she had never, ever felt so...utterly infuriated before in her life.

And she never felt so drained before, either.

Suddenly, Tala took her into his arms once again and held her close. “I’ll show her out, Kai,” he said as he placed a light kiss to her temple. “You stay here.”

“But-”

“You’re getting stressed,” he whispered into her ear and ran a hand down her bare arm. “I’ll take care of things from here.”

Kai released a shuddering sigh, trying to subdue the anger on her own, but sunk against Tala’s chest and nodded. “Ok,” she replied, sounding tired and weary. She was over this fight with Kaze, anyway.

As he took a step away from her, Tala gave Kai a quick reassuring smile before crossing the room and grabbing Kaze harshly by the shoulder, uncaring if he was actually hurting her. It wouldn’t even compaire to the hurt she put Kai through today. Surprisingly, Kaze offered little resistance, probably the smartest move she had ever made.

Throwing open the front door, Tala literally picked Kaze up off the ground and threw her outside. “What were you playing at?” he snarled at her, sounding much like a wild wolf about to attack.

Kaze slowly picked herself off the ground with a wince. “What?”

Tala simply narrowed his eyes, in no mood to take any crap from her, or anyone else for that matter. “You heard me; what did you think you were going to achieve?” he asked as he folded his arms over his chest. “Were you after Kai’s money? Were you hoping that he would believe you and fall in love with you at first sight? Or were you hoping to cause friction within the team, pitting Kai against his teammates as they fought over you? Who were you really after? Kai or someone else?”

Kaze swallowed thickly, deciding not to answer at this point in time; she was afraid, she’ll admit that. Her plan was not going so well, she never thought that Kai could be a girl or that she nor Tala wouldn’t think her attempt to become a member showed how gusty she really was.

Who else would do something like this if they weren’t serious about becoming a blader?

“I know,” Tala suddenly growled. “You were going to use Kai to get on the team by being his fiancé, but claiming to everyone that he was an abusive jerk so you would turn people against him and feel sorry for you.”

Once again, Kaze winced. Tala pretty much just hit the nail on the head.

“You make me sick,” he said when he noticed the wince. “You’re manipulative, spiteful and nothing short of a slutty bitch! If I ever see your face again, I won’t hesitate in unleashing any anger I have upon you. I suggest you sleep with one eye open from now on. The Blitzkrieg boys and I don’t take kindly to bitches like you trying to take advantage of Kai. Get out of my sight before I really lose my temper.”

As soon as those words left his mouth, Kaze scrambled to her feet and took off running like the hounds of hell were after her. Tala watched her disappear from sight, satisfied that he scared her off, but not content as he was still utterly agitated.

Walking back into the dojo and back into Kai’s room, Tala felt his anger toward Kaze grow when he noticed that Kai was trying to get her room back into order, but her hands were shaking so much that it was fruitless for her at the moment.

Immediately, he walked over to her and wrapped her up in his arms again, his concern for her growing when Kai simply sunk against him, weary and exhausted. “Are you ok?” he asked, even though he already knew the answer.

At first Kai wanted so badly to say she was fine, but ended up shaking her head in the negative, her head pounding so badly from the whirlwind of emotions this little event caused her to feel. “I’m sick of people trying to take advantage of me like that, Tala,” she whispered, her voice cracking a bit.

Tala sighed and gently kissed her forehead, his hands working out the knots in her back and shoulders. “I know.”

“It just burns me up so much that they would do something like this,” she carried on to say as she leaned forward and rested her forehead against Tala’s strong chest, finding comfort in his embrace. “It also makes me wonder how stupid they can be. Do they really think I wouldn’t find out about their deception? Or are they so full of themselves that they think their lies are in fact, true?”

“Try not to think about it too hard, Kai,” Tala quickly interrupted, not wanting Kai to become more stressed than she was at the moment. “She won’t be coming back anytime soon.”

“Once more,” she suddenly muttered, lifting her head up to look into Tala’s eyes with a sense of determination. “It’s only going to take one more bitch with the same story to make me come out to the world about my gender. That way, these obnoxious females will leave me alone.”

Tala couldn’t help by give a dry laugh. “Then, you better start planning; you know there’s at least one a month. Two, if you’re really unlucky.”

Kai groaned and fell against him again. “I know.”