Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Mask of Secrets ❯ Slipping ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

JM: Yep, I'm starting another story. I took longer on this chapter, and it is longer in length to any of my other fics. I'm hoping it will turn out good. Unfortunately I have no muses and I'm working on limited info. If character's are ooc then please don't be angry with me.

Okay I have something I need help with. I dunno if I should have pairings in the fic, and if so should it be yaoi. Just so you know I know absolutely nothing about the girls that are in Beyblade except for names and what team they are from. Anyway if you have a particular pairing that you would like in this fic, email it to me or put it in a review or something.

Disclaimer: I don't own Beyblade or anything associated with it. I might have a few very minor ocs that will belong to me. If the story is similar to any other then it is purely coincidental and I apologise if it offends you. I don't like stealing from other author's so I don't do it and never will.

Please read and review and I ask that you keep from flaming. Constructive criticism will be accepted and taken not of. Thank You.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**************************** *******~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tyson sat quietly on his bed. For once there wasn't a goofy smile on his face, or a twinkle in his eye. Instead a sad thoughtful frown was drawn over his features. He hugged his knees to his chest resting his head in his arms.

He was tired, physically, mentally and emotionally. A burden seemed settled on his small frame, weighing down on his shoulders. He was scared. He had noticed that he was letting things slip, things that could put him in danger.

He stood up and walked into the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror and winced. His hair was a shade lighter than it was yesterday, his skin a bit paler. His clothes were that once fitted him perfectly began to hang of his frame slightly. Slowly but surely his disguise was slipping. No matter how much he ate, he couldn't attain the body shape and weight that made up a part of his disguise. In truth Tyson was smaller and more delicate in body than what he appeared.

The disguise he kept up took a lot of energy from him, hence the reason that he ate and slept so much. If Tyson was to let go of his disguise it would be obvious that he wasn't entirely human. What people would do to him if they found that out scared him. What scared him more was what his friends and team mates would say were they to find out the truth.

Recently Tyson had found that he was running out of energy faster and no amount of food or sleep seemed to help him regain it. His form was getting smaller and skinnier, his hair lighter and longer, his skin paler. Why this was happening he did not know, what he did know was that at this rate, if matters didn't improve he would revert back to his original form by the end of the week. It was Monday today which gave him four days. Tyson had asked Dragoon why his power was disappearing, yet his brother could not answer him.

Tyson sighed and splashed some cold water onto his face. He walked back to his room and flung himself onto his bed. His friends had started to notice his lack of energy, and the slowly declining amount of food he consumed. No one commented and Tyson avoided the subject as much as possible. Yet the changes were getting more noticeable and soon questions would be asked.

Tyson felt Dragoon trying to comfort him and he smiled tiredly closing his eyes. He had no choice. He needed to run away until he was able to hold his disguise again. He would leave the following night and find some secluded place where he could stay for awhile without getting caught. He had some money in his bag, clothes and his beyblade. All he needed was to get through one more day, and then he would be safe. He had thought about taking his sword but had not yet decided whether he would. He could practise while he was away and it would be a form of defence would the need arise.

He drifted in and out of sleep, never bothering to climb under the covers. His dreams were short and faded from memory as soon as they passed. He slept till late in the afternoon, his friends noticing his exhaustion leaving him to wake in his own time. When he did come down he looked none the better than the other days. He entered the kitchen with a yawn, rubbing his eyes before falling into the nearest chair. He leaned his head against the table closing his eyes again and dozed. A hand on his shoulder made him sit up again wide awake. Ray looked down at Tyson's tired brown eyes, worried.

Tyson gave a tired smile to the neko-jin. "Are you alright Tyson?" he asked the blue haired teen. Tyson shrugged looking at the table. "Just tired I guess" he replied not wanting to think of a plausible reason why. "Well that's pretty obvious Tyson, but why?" Max said as he entered to kitchen. Tyson looked to his blond haired friend with only the barest hint of annoyance. That was one question he didn't want to answer so instead he shrugged saying nothing more. Ray frowned at this but stayed quiet. "Are you hungry Tyson? You did miss breakfast." he asked instead. Tyson grinned though it lacked much of his usual enthusiasm. "Yea that'd be great."

Max sat himself in one of the chairs, a grin on his face. Tyson found himself yawning again. He found a pair of bright blue eyes looking at him concerned. "You don't look so good Tyson." He said not taking his eyes of the dragon blader. "Ah thanks Max" Tyson replied sarcastically shooting Max a playful glare. Max grinned, a bit of the old Tyson has shown itself. "But I am serious Tyson. You're looking terribly pale and there are dark circles beneath your eyes." Tyson shrugged again looking at the table. He looked up again as food was placed before him. Tyson's stomach grumbled at the promise of food. He was hungry and dug in eagerly. He noticed that Ray and Max relaxed slightly as he ate. Some habits were hard to break, and his eating habits were one of them.

As he finished he sat back and stretched. He thanked Ray and stood up. He walked back to his room avoiding the rest of his friends, especially Kai. He was not in the mood to have a battle of wills with the team leader. He closed his bedroom door and leaned against it. He walked to the table that stood at the far corner and picked up a small black box. He looked at it for a moment as it lay innocently in his hand. His face was expressionless as he ran his thumb down one of its sides. It was just a plain black box with a lid, nothing really interesting about it. The only strange thing was that the box was strangely heavy though perhaps it was what the box contained that weighed it down. Tyson had never actually opened the box, never asked someone else to tell him what it contained. Something told him that whatever the box contained was dangerous. No amount of curiosity or encouragement could make him open the box. He placed the box back on the table and didn't spare it a second glance. He had found the box amongst other things when he had woken up in the middle of a forest so many years ago.

He was snapped out of his thoughts as he heard a knock on his door. Max's voice rang through the door. "Hey Tyson, Kai wants you to come down and practice." Tyson sighed and picked up his Beyblade. "I'm coming he yelled back" He opened the door and prayed that he would make it through the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~******************************~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JM: There you go. One chapter done. Read and Review, no Flames thanx! Remember to vote alright.