Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Moving to California ❯ The fun in an argument ( Chapter 45 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


And me and Nicky do not own beyblade or the characters of the anime, I own any character not from the anime though.
Dear violate them and you might find yourself tied up to a chair, having to listen to me sing out loud

Nicholas:-gasps in terror-

And as always THANKS GUYS! ME LUUUUVS YOU!

44-The fun in an argument

A new semester, new challenges. They were having both a test in maths and one in chemistry next week, in American History the week after that one again. The maths were difficult to get, even thought she was skilled at the subject. Mr.Harty gave her and Kai a lot more difficult stuff compared to what he gave the others. She knew that Kai understood this part of maths very well, heck he was darn good at it! But she didn`t really want to spend her spare time with him to learn it. But did she have a choice? She did want to do good in this semester.

« Um..Kai? I was just wondering if you can spare some time this week...I`m having difficulties getting this stuff».

He couldn`t belive what he just heard. Had Destiney Raiden asked him for help? The thought of speniding the weekend with her wasn`t really bad in itself.

» Come to my place, not tomorrow but the day after that» he replied and continued studying. She smiled gratefully. He cast a glacne at her from the corner of his eye.

« Did you just say yes? Without any ado at all? I am amazed»the annoying voice in his head chuckled. He didn`t answer and tried to concentrate.

» You finally sick of arguing all the time? Have you started realizing that you`ve fallen for her?»it asked.

He blinked, his fists balling up.

» No, so stop pestering me!» he hissed.

» You can`t hide from yourself, Kai...You`ll understand that one day»the voice sighed and faded to nothing.

He rubbed his forehead in frustration.Why couldn`t that damn voice just leave him alone???

Thuesday Destiney was happy to be spending time at Rei`s again. After a couple of sessions with intense training Rei had to admit that she had improved since last time. Grinning she told that she had been practising on Tala during the holiday.

» Unfortunately I couldn`t kick his ass though», he sighed. Tala laughed and nudged her in the ribs in a friendly way.

» Shall we get going?» Rei asked.

After going to bed she couldn`t seem to fall asleep, not even when she closed her eyes and thought of the sea. She kept thinking about the ring Kai had given her for Christmas. Should she buy him something in return? That would be fair. But to give him what?

School ended Wednesday and she managed to persuade Tala to be her driver. He kept asking and begging for her to tell who she was buying a gift for, but she refused to tell him. She made Tala go buy some ice cream while she popped in at the goldsmith`s, looking around for something approporiate to give her enemy. It had to be something silver...A necklace? But then there would be no room for the inscription...After thinking a lot she settled with a nice and simple silvery bracelet. She caught sight of Tala waiting outside the shop with two ice creams in his hand. She signaled that she would be finished soon. She handed the woman behind the counter a note with what she wanted to have engraved into the bracelet. The woman smiled and told her to come back in an hour or so.

« Can`t you tell me whom you are buying it for? It has gotta be expensive when it`s that shop» Tala begged and handed her the ice cream. She merely flashed him a grin and shook her head. After picking up the bracelet they went back home again.

Destiney got her mathbooks and rode her bike over to Hiwatari`s. The butler, Jeeves could tell her that the `young master Hiwatari`was located in his room. She smiled and thanked him for the information and headed that way. Carefully she knocked and opened the door. Kai was sitting by his desk working, the books open. The music was playing in the background and she recognized it as something by Hoobastank...as she also fancied that group. He raised his head. Kai was wearing...glasses.And they made him look quite...-cough-sexy-cough. She pushed all these kind of thoughts out of her head and got a chair for herself so she could sit down.

« I had no idea you use glasses, Hiwatari» she giggled. He shrugged.

» I prefer my contacts...Let`s see what you need to work on» he said in that monotone voice. She opened her books and explained her problem to him. Kai arched an eyebrow at her and picked up a pencil.

» Watch..this stuff ain`t that hard really»

He started solving something while explaining what he did. She shook her head when he asked if she understood what he had done. Growling low in his throat he tried again. But even after explaining several times in different ways she had trouble with getting the logic. He let out an annoyed sigh.

« How is it possible to be this thickheaded?» he asked.

She hissed at him.

» It`s not my fault,Hiwatari! So stop that!»

This started a major fight,and they kept hurling insultsat each other. Destiney was getting pissed off now. Kai on the other side was having fun. He had missed this, more than he knew.

» You-you bastard!» she screamed loudly and slapped him really hard, making him fall backwards off his chair. He landed on the floor with a loud bang. She tried to breath calmly and glanced at the mathbooks.

» I get it now!!!» she exclaimed and sat down to solve a problem.

To her big surprise she even managed to get the right answer. Kai groaned as he stood up from the floor,rubbing the back of his head.

» That was really not necessarry» he snorted. She stuck out her tongue at him. Kai inched closer to her ear and felt her tense up by having him that close.

» Do that again...and you`re dead» he whispered softly and nipped her earlobe with his teeth, sending chills down her spine, her face turning crimson red. He smirked. Oh how he loved to tease her! She pushed him away and gathered her books before she stood up. She looked furious.

» This is for you» she hissed and forced a little wrapped gift into his hands before she left.

He stared at her then at the gift in wondering. With slightly trembling fingers he unwrapped it and took a closer look at the silver bracelet. It was really delicate in it`s simplness(is that even a word?-lol-). He noticed that there was a note lying under the bracelet and picked it up to read. A grin slipped across his face as he read what it said.

Hiwatari
I tell you the same as you told me:
use it and shut up about whom gave it to you

-Destiney Raiden

On the inside of the bracelet there was an inscription saying:

-To Kai,my nemesis

Had she really bought him a gift in return? He sat puzzled as he twirled the bracelet absently around his wrist. It was a litle big but not as big as for it to slip off.

Weekend finally came and Destiney just couldn`t wait to get home. Kai Hiwatari had tried to push her over the edge all Thursday and Friday and had almost succeded several times. But she had managed to keep her temper under control, which seemed to piss him off. It was as if he was trying to get her into an argument. She could need an argument right now though to get all this frustration out of her system. She decided to call Rei to ask if he wanted to go for a walk.

Half an hour later they met in the park. She found him sitting on a bench cheering for the kids that was playing football. He eagerly wawed his hand at her when she appraoched to him. Destiney sat down beside him.

» Hi...How are you?»

She shrugged.

» I just neeed someone to hang out with...It is bothering me that Kai is always pestering me».

Rei chuckled and removed some white bangs from her face. For some reason he seemed to be amused at her cost.

» Don`t you get it? He is craving your attention».

« What?»

« He seeks your attention..For him it doesn`t matter how he gets it or what he has to do to get it, as long as you actually give it to him....Even if you scream at him, it doesn`t matter. That`s just the way he is..It has only happened a couple of times before though. Every once in a while he finds someone to pester».

She frowned.

« But why would he want my attention?»

Rei flashed a wide grin and hurried to get out of hitting-range of her arm before he answered that question.

« Maybe he doens`t dislike you as much as he wants everyone to believe?» he suggested.

« REI!!!» she squealed in offense and started chashing him around. He smirked mischievously and escaped on his skateboard.

Malisia had her heart in her throat at the moment. If Kai found out what she was doing..then she would be in deep shit. Carefully she opened the door to his room and sneaked inside. She left the lights off not to wake him up. Luckily her brother was no light sleeper. Malisia sat down by his desk and pulled out a book from a shelf. With her flashlight she checked that she had the right one. The grin seemed glued to her face as she turned the pages to the last part of the book. So..he would soon have to get a new diary.

Kai Hiwatari had been holding a diary every since he turned ten. And in this moment his sister was looking for something regarding her friend, Destiney. She was surprised to find that there was almost no day these last three months that he didn`t mention her in one way or another..Her eyes widened as she read.

25.12

I feel so confused. I have no idea what to do. On the one side I hate Aydan, on the other I really envy him. He gets her attention so easily. I hope she won`t forget to wear the gift I bought her.


26.12.

I don`t think I have ever been this mad in my whole life...well, except from that time when Tala managed to dye my hair pink by accident. Does Tala think he can do such a thing??? I know he feels nothing but brotherly love for Destiney...but still.

Kissing her!!!

So..it was Kai that had given Destiney that ring. From what her twin had written it seemed like he was pretty jealous of Aydan. She almost fell off her chair when she discovered that Destiney had given Kai that silvery bracelet he had started wearing recently. A satisfied smirk slipped across her face as she turned off her flashlight and put the book back where it belonged. Halfways across the room she was stopped.

« Malis..? What are you doing in here?» asked a sleepy Kai.

Shit! An excuse, she thought in panick.

« I um, just had a nightmare and thought you could keep me company» she replied quickly. He lit the lmap on his bedsidetable.

« You serious?»

She nodded and hoped he was too tired to think about it. Rolling his eyes he made room for her beside himself. She smiled gratefully and jumped onto the bed before curling up. When they were little they had shared a room, and everytime one of them had a nightmare they would crawl into the other one`s bed and stay there. But that had been a long time ago.

-End chapter-

Yours Sincerly, Kanilla & Nicholas