Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Out of the Shadows ❯ Homecoming ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She had been riding trough Africa's wild jungles for some days now. Ortos carryed her forward with a furious raging speed. His heartbeats sounded like a drum. The cool wind sweapt over her face. She culd finally smell the ocean. Not far away now. She didn't know how to get Ortos aboard the ship, but somehow she had to do it.
Adina ran by her mistress and the horse's side. Sometimes she had a hard time keeping up with the huge horse, but her mistress always slowed down when she noticed that Adina was tired.
 
A few minutes lates, they all reached the huge sea. The boattrip would take about two days and after that, they could carry on with their journey. She would have to ride to Russia. After that, they would travel by train. She knew that she had to leave Ortos in Russia and hope he would find his way to Japan anyway. He couldn't travel that far with a train. But those were future problems, now she had to focus on getting him over the ocean to Italy...
 
~***~
 
Hours later, a girl, a horse and a cougar kneeld inside a cargospace in a huge ship tarvelling towards Italy. You could have heard a needle drop in the adrupt silence around them.
The travel over the sea were long, uncomfortable and boaring. It seemed like the softly swinging ship would never reach land. The girl sat on the cold, hard floor letting her fingers drum impaciently against it. She wondered how much longer she had to sit here. Not long after, the ship started moving slower and slower. They had reeched their goal, at least temporarily.
While the crew unloaded the cargo, the girl and her companions snuk off the giant ship and disappeared in the crowd.
 
~***~
 
The ride to Russia took almost two months, even though they kept a high speed all the way. They had entered Russia and was headed towards St. Petersburg. The night had come. The girl and Adina sat by a slowly fading fire. Nearby stood Ortos. Both the horse and the girl were asleep. While the horse slept calmly, the girl was shivering and mumbling in a low voice.
 
Her mother screamed when the men following her gained more and more on her. Quikly she handed the girl over to her son
“Caspian, take your litle sister and run. Don't wait for me. Don't stop, d'you hear me?” Callings behind them showed that the men had caught up on them. Her mother turned her face back towards them, the fear glowing out of her eyes
“Run Caspian, run!” she yelled and gave her brother a little push. With a last gaze on her horrorsruck face he turned around and ran into the night. Behind them thier mother started screaming...
 
With the dreadful scream ringning in her ears, the girl woke up. Just to find out that it was herself screaming.
 
~***~
 
On the same time, hundreds of miles away, a slate -haired boy woke up with a jerk. He was compleatly disoriented for a few moments before he realized where he was. Slowly, Kai laid down his head on the pillows again. He'd had such a strange dream.
 
He'd been in a hollow monnlandscape. No grass or trees anywhere to see. Just the millions of stars above his head. Then she had spoken to him, how she had gotten there, he did not know. In one minut, no one was there and the next, she stood in front of him. She spoke in a language he didn't understand. Her eyes were closed. The next thing he knew, she opened her eyes and looked straight into his purple gaze. Here eyes were...
 
And then he woke up. Without thinking or reflecting any further about it, he closed his eyes and fell asleep again.
 
~***~
 
The train she was sitting on was almost empty. She heard someone speak silently into a mobile -phone. Otherwise no one on the train broke the silence. She felt guilty for leaving Ortos behind in Russia, but it couldn't be helped. She just hoped that he would manage it on his own, but after all, he was a wild creature. He would probably be fine. Adina was sleeping on her lap. The feeble light reflected in her soft sand -coloured fure. She purred in her sleep. The girl smiled and stroke the cougar over its ears and neck. Then she leaned her head back and fell asleep.
 
~***~
 
She had finally reached Hong Kong, after months on travelling foot. She squeezed her beyblade in her hand while looking at the huge poster on the large grey wall.
 
Local Beyblade tournament
When: On Sunday the fifth at 2:pm
Where: Seaside arena
Volunteers enter on place of the tournament
Welcome
 
She had been beyblading for a long time now and she felt that this type of challenge was just what she needed right now.
“Excuse me, do you know the way to the Seaside arena?” she aked a man passing by. He gave her a confused gaze and pointed in a direction, before quikly hurrying on. She turned around and started walking in the direction. If she got lost, she just had to ask someone else, she figured. The tournament were not for a few days yet, but it would be so much better if she knew the way on Sunday. She wakled down street after street, all the buildings around her looked just the same. She was just starting to think that she was lost when she saw a huge sign sayin “Seaside arena 800m” pointing to the left. The man had been right, she thought and smiled a little. The people she passed by acted a little strange, but she was used to it. She seemed to have that affection on people. She stoped at the sight of the magnificent arena in front of her. It vas big, very big. On the walls hung a huge banner, announcing that a local beyblade tournament would be held here on Sunday. “Hm, impressive” she thought.
 
~***~
 
Sunday 4:15pm
After easily defeating the competiton so far, she was in the finals. She was facing -off against some boy called Toshio. He was a quite talented blader, but she didn't consider him a threat. Even if he was talented, he could't measure with her strength. Above her head, the commentator announced her opponent
 
“Our first challenger is the locally famous Tamitzu. Toghether with his bit beast Minotaur he is a dangerous opponent. “
She didn't pay so much attention to the speaker until he called out her name
 
“He will be facing the newcomer Anya, whos powers are unknown to us. All we know is that she has sweapt through this tournament like a whirlwind, leaving a track of defeated bladers after her”
This was her sign. She stepped out to the light of the arena and to the cheers of maybe hundreds of beyblade -fans. She stopped and looked around and a beautiful smile graced her lips. Then she turned towards her opponent and stepped up to the bey -dish. The match in honour, it was shaped like a perfect copy of the nearby harbour.
She attached her blade to her launcher and prepared to let it rip
 
“3...2...1 Let it rip!” the speaker yelled. It was a powerful launch, she felt it right away and she smiled as her blade landed on one of the mini -harbour brews. She saw that Tamitzu's blade landed a bit away. With a smirk on her face, she turned her gaze to the boy on the opposite side of the bey -dish
 
“Do you really think that you can beat me?” she asked him
 
“I don't know who you are, but one things for sure. A girl like you could never beat me” he said with a sly smile. She imediately knew what he was trying to do. He wanted her to get angry by calling her “a girl like you”. She smiled happily
 
“We'll see about that” she answered. His beyblade began moving, constantly attacking hers. She let her blade speed a bit away from him, played with him. She let him hit her once and raced off again. She could see that it was driving him nuts.
 
“Stop it! Stop running away and fight me” he hissed angirly
 
“Haha, you'll have to come and get me” she replied
His blade sped towards her but she did another sidemanouver
 
“I've got enough of you” he roared “Minotaur!”
His bit beast had a body that looked almost human, and a bulls head. Just like the monster in the greek mythologi. It roared and dashed towards her blade. This time she stood still. But in the last minute she yelled
 
“Nazgul, lightning struck!” and a blinding flash of light appeared. It took some time before everyone could open their eyes again. A gasp sounded through the arena. Toshio's blade layed unmovable in the mittle of the dish. The Minotaur was nowhere to be seen and Anyas blade was right next to it. It was still spinning. Almost at once everyone in the arena started applauding. The beyblade spun right back into Anyas outstreched hand, and her opponent whent down in the dish to get his. After that he walket over to her and said
 
“Good game, at least I know I lost to someone skilled” holding out his hand. After a second of heitation, she shook it
 
“Thanks, you're not so bad either. Keep on training and you'll go far some day”
 
~***~
 
During this whole tournament, someone had kept his eyes on the girl named Anya. His name was Mr. Dickinson and he was president for the BBA board. He was also one of the judges of this tournament. After making such an impression just before, he had decided to take a little chat with her once they had left the arena. So when she wakeld out the exit, also he got up and walked out. Quickly following her around a corner he said
 
“Wait, miss, could you wait for just a minute? I would like to talk...” he broke off. She was gone.
 
~***~
 
The following day, the man called Mr. Dickinson sat by his desk and wondered where that girl from the day before had disappeared. He jerked at the sharp sound when his phone began to ring. He picked it up
 
“Hello, what's your errande?” After a moment of silence the girl answered
 
“Hi, I've heard that you stand in close contact to the world champion team the Bladebreakers” “Odd” he thought before answering. He thought that it sounded like the girl from the tournament
 
“Yes, that's true. Do you have any buisness to discuss with them?” he asked quriously. He could have sworn he heard a small relieved sigh in the other end
 
“As a matter of fact I do... You see, I would like to challenge them on a match”
 
.......~*~~*~~*~.......
 
Not the best end I know but it was the best thing I could think of. PLEASE review.