Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Regrets ❯ Chapter 01 - another night ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
Chapter 01 - Another Night
 
Pillows and quilts scattered the wooden floor of the Granger's dojo, as the morning's light shone brightly in on the drunken figures. All the Bladebreakers were slumped out from last nights antics, wrapped up in each others duvets. They had spent the entire night catching up. After all, this was the first time after the tournament 5 years ago that they had scene each other, and they were celebrating their little reunion.
 
Tyson's small, but gorgeous physique sprawling out the most, his leg propped nicely in Kai's head, whilst each of his arms were clung to Max and Rei, Kenny being the only one who had been lucky enough not to be caught in Tyson's sprawling web.
 
It wasn't often that Kai, of all the Bladebreakers, would let his hair down, and get drunk in front of a crowd, but he knew what it was like to be humiliated after losing countless Beybattles in the past. So it didn't really faze him. Besides, he had grown up a bit since then, well, at least he liked to think anyway, even if he did join in with the drinking, he was still being unsociable as he spent most of the night sitting in the corner watching the rest of his team make fools of themselves, but that was okay, he actually quite enjoyed it.
 
It warmed his heart to see Tyson making a prat of himself, being the same loveable goofball, and to see Rei, the same shy picture of innocence letting his hair down. Of course, he would never tell them that.
 
Max woke first among the pile of drunken bodies, rubbing his eyes with his orange T-shirt, as the blurred vision of puffy colours became clear “What a night?” He crocked, picking up his pants and slipping them back on, along with his under garments, that he couldn't remember being removed to begin with.
 
Kai shifted a little as he soon followed Max's path, waking up, feeling grumpy as ever. “My head is fucking killing me” Kai groaned. Max laughed slightly, trying not to wake anyone else. “Well that's what happens when you intake alcohol” Kai groaned further, his hand grasping his slate blue chunks of hair “And just how much did I drink?
 
“Who knows Kai, you were the last one to go, after me” Tyson yawned, finally waking up, leaving only Rei, and Kenny the last ones asleep.
 
Kai blushed slightly as he heard that girly high pitched, but still a little husky voice, brush against his tender listening ears. His eyes, once again observing that physique that made all the blood in his body gather down below, making him rise, in more ways than he cared to admit. How could one person have such an effect on him, made sense after all, Ever since Kai meet Tyson, he had that effect on him, there was just …something… about him that made his entire self, something more, than he knew he could be.
 
Kenny finally awoke along with Rei, hearing Grandpa Granger singing couldn't keep you asleep all that long, that high pitched old screech, enough to break windows.
 
“Grandpa” Tyson bellowed, knowing full well the song he was singing was one that would be stuck in his head all day.
 
Kai folded his futon and put it aside along with the pillows, he had so comfortably slept on. Slipping on his shoes as he opened the dojo door. “Kai where are you going so suddenly?” Tyson asked. Kai felt his chest tighten, he couldn't stay there anymore, he knew that he had only arrived from Russia yesterday, but there was something that made Kai feel, strange. It was something about being around his old team mates, especially Tyson.
“I've got things to be getting back to back home Tyson, After all, I am in charge of Biovolt now, and I can't be away too long” Tyson's head tipped, as he found himself staring at the floor. Tyson thought for a moment, I don't want Kai to leave.
 
“I Know that Kai, I just hoped that you would be able to stay a little longer, we haven't really spent any time together as a team in 3 year's, last night was great, but I was hoping for us to have maybe a couple more day's, not just one night” Kai turned his head back to face Tyson,.
“Okay, Fine, I'll stay, but only for one more night, then I really have got to get back” Kai smiled slightly as he saw Tyson's face illuminate in happiness. Truth was, Kai couldn't say no to Tyson, and he had an open end ticket back to Russia, which meant, he could stay as long as he wanted, plus the fact that Biovolt was being very well looked after, but, being around Tyson, brought back all sorts of feelings, that he couldn't quite understand, or more, care to admit, feelings like that, he knew should never be burdened on anyone, especially someone as sweet, and goofy as Tyson.
 
Rei, Max and Kenny were also happy to hear they would be able to spent a little time longer with their Ex Team mate. When they all first met, there was no question, that they thought Kai was selfish and obnoxious, but over the years, they had come to love there hard hearted team mate and the pain he went through before.
 
“So what does everybody want for breakfast?” Tyson announced. “There he goes again” Max chirped” Thinking of his stomach” Rei finished.
 
“I don't have much of an appetite after last night, I still feel a little queasy” Kenny laughed. “Kai what about you?” Tyson asked. Kai just huffed and turned his head aside.
 
After Tyson finished stuffing his face, he quickly washed his plates, so he could return to his guest's. “Well that's a first, Tyson doing his own washing up, what a laugh” Kai sarcastically toyed. “Shut up you!!! Tyson replied, hearing Kai's words from the kitchen.
 
Tyson walked back, still wearing his pink rubber glove's he had recently put on for washing the dishes. Max laughed loudest, along with the other's, as the view of Tyson in pink rubber glove's made them laugh there buts off.
 
Tyson blushed slightly in embarrassment as he realized what they were laughing at “You guy's should just be quiet, remember who it is that's feeding you” Tyson moaned, in a slightly playful manner.
 
“What have you got planned for us to today Tyson?” Max asked, waiting for an answer. Tyson rose a brow “Ask chief, after all, I left arrangements up to him” Kenny smiled.
“Today folk's, I have arranged us to go to the local park, where they hold weekly beybattle's, it's just a community gathering, but Beyblade really has moved on to hear that small tournaments are regularly being held now, I thought it would be nice to re visit the places where we used to blade, and get in a match, if your up for it?”
 
“That sound's great chief” Tyson chirped, max also agreeing. Kai caught contact with Rei, both of them on the same wave length, they knew Tyson, he would go up there, and show off his skill's, then again, it had been years since he had last bladeing match with an audience, so they were willing to let him off.
 
“All right then” Rei agreed, sweetly smiling. Tyson looked over to Kai “Kai what about you” Kai sniggered “You think I want to waste my last day bladeing against amateurs, think again” Tyson sighed “Some things never change.
 
They were soon ready and well on there way, Kai found himself tagging along in the end, There was nothing else for him, and wherever Tyson was, he wanted to be.
 
As they reached the park, the bladeing spirit in Tyson, was well oiled and ready to let rip. Tyson's eye's sparked as he saw maybe 20, no 30 bladers spinning their stuff, and ripping up the dish.
 
“There are some sweet blade's here” Rei announced, watching Tyson and Max run of to get in a battle; Kai sat down on the sidelines, the bench there, almost knowing that Kai would be coming to sit on it. “Well I'm gunna go play Kai” Rei laughed, finding a dish to go let rip. Kenny already tagged to Tyson.
 
“Hey You, Big Shot, Your Kai aren't you” A crowd looked around drawn to that name Kai. Kai flung his head aside “Yeah, what of it?
 
Tyson looked around, hearing that someone had said Kai's name, along with the rest of the Bladebreakers. “I challenge you to a beybattle big shot” Some random blader poniard from the crowd. Kai sighed heavily, standing to his feet. “Look, I don't have time for this” He groaned. This is exactly the reason why he didn't want to go to the park in the first place, he wanted to avoid this Childs play.
 
“Oh I get it, you're afraid” The random challenger argued. Kai grinned “So there are still people, like that, people who think they can stand against a champion” Kai got a hysterias look in his eye's “Okay, you can have your little battle, but don't expect me to go easy, after my blade smashed and dranzer was set free, I upgraded my blade, and it's 10 time's as good as it ever was, plus, dranzer came straight back and the bond we have is stronger than ever, so, you still wanna blade?” Kai asked. Tyson's eye's fired up, he remembered just what it was about Kai that made him want to become the blader he became, it's that competitive attitude, and that cool physique, and that effect of aura from all around him, such passion and belief in his own skill's. Tyson felt his heart race, he felt his adrenaline pulse, Kai's eyes, he could see life in them again, and that made Tyson's entire body freeze, He knew it, he was sure now, this feeling, it wasn't adrenaline.
 
3,2,1 LET IT RIP!!!!!! The small crowd rowed, watching as both blader's launched their spin.
 
“Go Dranzer!!” Kai shouted steering his blade towards the opposing golden blade that edged against his own “knock him out now”
 
“NOOOO” The opposed shouted, dropping to the floor as Kai cleaned him up.
 
“And that's how it's done kid” Kai flicked his hair aside, still holding up his bad boy posture. Tyson's eye's widened further as his ex team mate stood there in his L'Oreal pose.
 
“Kai that was so awesome, you took him out so easily” Rei stated. Max patting him on the back. Kai laughed “It's been so long since I've felt that alive, it felt good” Kai had a moments thought, well, as alive as he could feel without Tyson being involved.
 
“Come on guy' let's go for ice-cream, I'm getting peckish” Kenny suggested, walking ahead with max and Rei, as Tyson and Kai trailed behind.
“So, Kai, this is the first time, I've got to talk to you alone since you've been here, so really, how are thing's with you an Biovolt” Kai's eyebrow fell astray, “What do you mean? Kai asked. Tyson blushed slightly “Well you see, you never have been one to express your emotion's, and I've never been able to read you, so I worry, not that you'd tell me, even if there was something wrong” Tyson sighed, a bit upset over the fact that Kai was still as cold hearted as ever.
 
Kai stared “Well if you know I'm not gonna tell you, why even ask” Kai answered him. Tyson sighed again, only heavier breaths this time “Well, I can live in hope that you'd open up to me” Kai looked out the corner of his eye, staring up and down at the younger one, observing Tyson's yellow and red never changing outfit, that stood out for miles. But that wasn't really what he was focusing on, it was the body underneath that, Tyson beautiful small figurine of a body, that turned Kai on something chronic.
 
“Tyson, you never change” Kai pointed out. Tyson cackled “Yeah, well, you're not one to talk, although Kai, you do seem to be a little more mature in your way's” Tyson suggested. Kai felt confused “How So?” The slate haired man asked. Tyson smiled “Well, the fact that you're even talking to me like this, well it certainly stands for something, maybe you have changed?” Tyson pondered. Kai let Tyson see him slightly smile “I would say that you've matured to Tyson, but you always were the most mature of us all, in your way of thinking anyway” Tyson grinned, grabbing hold of Kai's cheeks
and pulling them sideways. “That mature enough for ya Kai” Kai expression turned to a very pissed one “I'll take back what I just said” Tyson laughed “But seriously Kai, Thank you” Tyson grinned goofy at him. “For What” The blue triangle man asked “For coming of course” Kai groaned “Well, I wanted to see you, Even I miss people too you know Tyson” Kai quickly decided to stride on ahead as he spoke those word's, Tyson's orb's shone “Did Kai just say he missed me, in so many word's?
 
Tyson felt that feeling return, “I was right, this feeling, it's love” A smile blushed the young one's cheeks flustering his feature's until they were glowing. He didn't realize it back then, how much he really had come to love Kai, that guy who spoke with such fire.
Thinking back, he knew that there was something special about Kai, ever since dragoon and dranzer were first entangled, that light, it illuminated his soul, and that light, it belonged to Kai.
 
Tyson bit down on the side of his lip, realizing that loving someone like Kai, may not have been the best thing to happen, there was absolutely no way he could tell Kai, that he was feeling more than friendship for him, after all Tyson considered Kai to be one of his very best friends, and to risk that friendship for his selfish need's and desire's could damage that friendship and he wanted Kai in his life, even if it was just as a friend.
 
Kai's heart pounded as he walked on ahead, standing, talking, just being near Tyson, made his entire body tremble, he felt heat down below, and it was only with thoughts of Tyson in his head. Only him.
 
“Come on guy's” Otherwise the ice-cream shop will have shut by the time we get there” Max shouted, Tyson and Kai speeding up the pace.
 
Tyson caught eye contact with Kai once again
 
How am I going to tell him, No I won't tell him. Tyson's brain overloaded with endless thoughts.
 
Kai held his breath. Tyson, you don't even realize what it is you do to me do you?
 
Both of them unaware of each others feelings and both of them to stubborn and afraid to admit how they feel. Bladebreakers, Heartbreaker.