Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Regrets ❯ Chapter 05 Downpore of Regrets ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Chapter 05 - A Downpour of Regret
 
That's when it happened . . .
 
 
Kai reached out his hand, seeing Tyson run into the busy road, “NOOOOOOOOOO” He shouted, pelting after him. The sound of the car tires screeched as they twisted round,
Trying, but failing to miss Tyson's delicate body, throwing the poor boy backwards, Tyson's small body collided with their front bonnets, a large smash followed as the other car whacked into the opposing one that had just knock Tyson down. As Tyson hit the floor a huge cracking sound echoed throughout the area of the surrounding people. His cheek plunged heavily into the hard cold concrete road, blood spewing out from the side, Tyson coughed, and chocked up some more blood, the crimson red colour splattering all over the place.
 
The drivers of the car's were in shock, not quite sure of what had just happened, only knowing that it must of been something terrible, as they witnessed spatters of blood dripping down their windscreens and wind mirrors.
 
Kai finally reached Tyson, falling to the floor and pulling his head up slowly, so that he rested on Kai's lap “Tyson, Tyson” Kai cried, not afraid to show his tears anymore, as he couldn't stop them from streaming, he chocked, his throat felt dry, there was no moisture there anymore.
 
The people in the car's around got out and began to crowd around, noises of ambulances weren't far away either. “Tyson, can you hear me” Tyson's vision began to get blurry “Kai? That you? Tyson asked seeing not much but a blurred blueness, “Yeah it's me” Kai held Tyson closer “Just hang in there Tyson, the ambulance will be here any minute” Kai tried to smile, tried to reassure him, but he wasn't doing the best job. Why did something like this have to happen, What did Tyson ever do to deserve something like this, or was this a punishment to Kai?
 
“Kai, I'm so happy” Tyson mumbled Kai's eyes widened once again. Happy? You were just hit by a car, Kai thought. “There's no other place, I'd rather die, than in your arms” Tyson murmured. Kai's voice began to get deeper and huskier as he tried but failed to hold in his dyeing emotions. Here Tyson was, Dyeing and Kai still couldn't tell him.
 
“Noo! Tyson, don't say that, don't you dare say that word, I won't let it happen, not yet, no when...” Tyson lifted his hand against Kai's cheek, softy holding his skin “It's okay Kai, I have no regret's, I told you my deepest desires I've had a good life, and you gave me everything and more than I would have ever wanted, so please, just let me go” Kai's heart felt like it had stopped beating within his chest. “Tyson, please” Tyson's body suddenly felt heavy, Kai forced a kiss on his blood coated lips, he didn't care anymore, so what if people were staring, who the fuck where they to say what was right and wrong anyway, it wasn't wrong, in fact it was meant to be, Kai pulled his lips away from the cold growing body “Tyson, I wanted to tell you, for so long now, I Love you too” But it was already too late, Tyson could no longer hear Kai, he was no longer a part of this world. He had died. Not knowing that Kai too was in love with him. Kai couldn't breathe; he had just witnessed the one person he loved, leave this world, watched his body fade away, watched that strong young body leave, the same person who he had battled, time after time, lusted for, time after time. Tyson's body still felt a little warm, but Kai knew it was too late. How could he have let this happen, he was supposed to protect the person he most cherished? Suddenly, Images, flashes of the past flooded back, back when they were young and just having fun bladeing. Kai remembered those times they shared, when all of them were pretty innocent.
 
Kai tipped his head forward's hugging him tightly before suddenly breaking his head backwards so his vision was faced skywards, and he shouted.
 
“NOOOOOOOO, AHHHHHHHHHHH” Kai never stopped screaming that day, until his voice finally couldn't scream anymore. The sky wept with him, as the pain watered down on there body's, harshly falling over his tears.
 
There was so much regret, so much, that Kai would have to bare, You can never predict the future, and you never know what good or bad awaits you, you should live life for the moment, If you want something, or love someone, don't ponder, act on it, because if you hesitate, for even a moment, you will never have that chance again, and that pain is worse than being rejected or being pushed away. Just failing and knowing the other person was alive, that would have been enough for me. Tyson did hesitate telling Kai, but when it came down to it, he told him, and Kai had that same chance to tell Tyson, but, because he was afraid, afraid of everything, he lost everything. Don't let this happen to you. Don't put it off, or leave it to late, because chances are, if its something you really want, you will lose it.
 
Kai sat alone in his mansion that night, and the next night, and the following night. How do you cope with something like that, you just don't? Do you? Now Tyson will never know, he'll never know how much love I had to give. Will he? Kai sat in his room day after day, his curtains closed. The darkness brought him comfort somehow. And it would carry on bringing him comfort, until he felt able to walk into that piercing light again. . .
 
I Year Later
 
The four of us, back together again, without Tyson seems odd doesn't it? Kenny asked. Not really expecting anyone to answer. Max stared down at Tyson's grave “This is all my fault, I was the one who told him to go after you, if I hadn't then” Kai sighed “No, Max, The blame is mine, If I hadn't have been so stubborn, so afraid, if I had just taken him in my arms that day, he would be here right now” Kai frowned, his eyes stinging from endless days and nights of crying.
 
Rei walked up next to Tyson's grave and stood behind it, placing a bouquet of flowers beside the grave, it had been a year since Tyson's death. “This wasn't anyone's fault, and I don't think that Tyson would have wanted his two best friends to be arguing over who was to blame, he would have wanted you guy's to get on, so stop looking for someone to blame” Rei shouted while he continued “This was hard on all of us”
 
Kai bend down to the grave, kissing the single rose he had brought before lying it down “You know, Tyson, and I, we were just starting out, it was only us, no one else, I will never have a love like Tyson again, although I never really had him in the first place did I? Kai gazed down at the stone grave “And I keep asking myself the question I have everyday since Tyson died, why did I wake up THAT morning, the dream I had that night back in Russia, I could have just lived in that dream forever, at least Tyson would still be here with us now, I could have been lost in its beauty forever, never to wake up” Kai stared further into the grass surrounding the gravestone.
 
The was no answer that anyone could give Kai, that was no absolution for death, there was simply nothing, when you lose someone it's the worst feeling in the world, but its even worse when you feel that you didn't give them your all, that you still had regret in your heart. And there isn't anything in this world that can cure that. Kai knew that better than anything, there were many times when he asked himself what possible reason to he have to keep on living without Tyson by his side, and when It came down to it, there wasn't a reason. But Kai found a reason, he searched his entire heart for it, and he knew that Tyson wouldn't have wanted the same fate for him, he would have wanted Kai to live and be content, so Kai did, he lived every day for the rest of his life for Tyson. And that was enough for him.
 
Because there was nothing else, But Regret.