Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Rei ❯ Europe Bound ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: About time I updated this fic. Ehehehe. I hate finals.

DS: That's what you said in the other fic.

Wingzero: *twitch* *twitch*

Kurama: I say you have about one minute to live.

DS: *runs for her life*

Kurama: *watches his watch*

Wingzero: *starts chasing her yami one minute later*

Hiei: Tch, they're so predictable.

Yusuke: You don't say?

Hiei: ..

Kurama: That yami doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut around her hikari.

Yusuke: Now that's an understatement.

Kurama: Wingzero doesn't own anyone except herself, her yami, and her brother.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~American Finals Day~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The moment we've been waiting for the American tournament; then we were off to the Russian tournament. I wondered who I would be going up against. We decided I should go in the second match after Tyson went. Max insisted he take a match, but it might mean losing the entire tournament after all they knew all his moves. Surprisingly, Kai allowed him to take the last match.

During breakfast, Tyson could hardly keep still. I swore we will have to strap him into that chair if he doesn't calm down in less than a minute. Kai seemed to be on the verge of strangling him, but refrained himself, at least until the tournament was over. Hopefully, Tyson wouldn't do anything drastic until then or afterwards. We knew Kai wasn't exactly the most patient person.

"Tyson keep still," Kai hissed at the other blue haired teen.

"I'm sorry, Kai," Tyson apologized sheepishly while fidgeting in his chair. Seriously, he must have ants in his pants from the way he appeared to be acting. "I'm just so excited and pumped!" He punched his fist in the air.

"If you don't calm down in the next couple of minutes, you're running laps once this tournament is over," Kai retorted. His knuckles went white from his tight grasp on the silverware and I swore the metal started to bend from all the pressure being applied to it.

"Calming down," Tyson said quickly as he still kept fidgeting. Well, it was certainly better than him bouncing in the chair.

"Hey, do you think your friend is going to be coming with us?" Max asked me.

I tilted my head and thought for a second. "It's up to him, but I don't have a clue. He tends to appear at the strangest times."

"Like now?" A familiar voice startled everyone, though some of us didn't show it.

"What brings you here?" Max asked politely.

"I came to see you battle," he said, taking an empty seat besides Kenny. "Besides that, why can't I visit friends?"

"I suppose so," Tyson said unsure of himself before cheering up. "Just wait until you see us go up against the All Starz. We're going to whip them good."

Crimson eyes glared at the enthusiastic beyblader. "You should never underestimate your opponent and never take any match lightly."

"After all, this is the championship," I agreed with our team captain. "The All Starz have defeated all of their challengers so they aren't going to be pushovers."

"Okay, okay," Tyson grumbled. "I can take the hint." He then began stuffing his face full of the breakfast items.

It was a miracle we were able to hold down our breakfast when Tyson was eating nearby. I chalked it up to having to spend several meals with him. Dralcian turned a bit green at the sight, but he already ate so it wasn't as big of deal.

"How can you stand to be around him when he eats like that?" The silver falcon muttered under his breath.

"You get used to it," I shrugged and continued eating, ignoring the human vacuum. "I suppose we all had to one of these days."

"I guess after all you are team mates," Dralcian shrugged his shoulders.

However the subject of the discussion had not even heard them as he was busy concentrating on his breakfast and anything edible within his arm's reach. Several times Max or Kenny had to protect their food from wandering hands. I doubt Tyson would be stupid enough to steal food from Kai, knowing that he won't be using forks or spoons but rather a knife, a really sharp one.

"Speaking of which, I wanted to ask you a question," I remembered what Max had asked us earlier that day.

"Yes?"

"Are you going to be coming with us to Russia?" I inquired.

"Yeah, Mr. Dickenson arranged it for me to accompany you guys," Dralcian shrugged off. I could tell he was hiding something, but I couldn't exactly tell what it was. He was a mystery just like Kai. Then again he was definitely older than all of us put together.

"Now that we have it taken care of, we need to get ready for the tournament," Kai said, standing up from his seat. He reached out and grabbed Tyson's collar when the blader was about to pass him. "You're not going back for your thirds. I do not want my clothes smelling."

"And neither do I," I voiced in agreement. To think, I had to have a good sense of smell.

"No offense Ty, but I don't want to smell your bodily odors again," Max said, trying to chose the right words.

"Fine," Tyson huffed, returning back to his seat and placing his plate back down on it. "So what are we going to go?"

"Meet me at the practice stadium in an hour," Kai said, standing up and leaving the restaurant without another word.

"What a grouch," Tyson stuck his tongue out at our team captain.

"Come on Tyson, it gives us a chance to check out the hotel," Max eagerly tugged on Tyson's arm. "Besides, we didn't get a chance to with Kai training us constantly."

"Alright Maxie," Tyson managed a smile. It wasn't his usual smile, but hey, it was a smile.

"Anyways, we could always walk off our food," Max said as they disappeared through the doors.

"That leaves the three of us," I said glancing over at both Dralcian and Kenny.

"Sorry guys, but it leaves the two of you," Kenny hastily apologized. He stood up with his laptop under his arm. "I'm going to visit the BBA and see what information I could find about the Russian bit beasts. They are after all the defending champions so there is bound to be information on them."

"I think I know a little about the Russian team," Dralcian said thoughtfully. He paused to think for a moment and then his head shot up. "They are the Demolition Boys and they aren't known for their honor in beyblading."

"That's real nice to know," I said sarcastically. With that Kenny left the two of us.

We wandered out of the restaurant. Mr. Dickenson paid for our meals ahead of time as it was buffet. I should have warned him about letting us eat at an all you can eat restaurant. Maybe it was for the better, because it would cost him more if we went to a regular restaurant.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Tournament~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
< br> The Bladebreakers and I walked into the stadium, where the other team, aka the All Starz, was setting up for the final round of the American tournament. Tyson's grandfather, Mr. Dickenson, and Dralcian were all up in the audience, though they had good seating. Since the bit beast wasn't exactly part of the team, he wasn't allowed down here.

"Are you ready for this?" I asked the others.

"You bet!" Tyson chirped while pumping his arm into the air. I can tell he was very excited about it from the waves of emotions coming off of him.

Max was excited as well. He wanted to win the tournament but he wanted to show his mom he wasn't weak as he thought she thought he was. (confusing, ne?) "I can't wait to show them what we can do."

"Does everyone know the line up?" Kenny inquired. He was furiously typing away on his laptop as usual. Jeez, that kid needed a new hobby, not that I mind or anything.

"I'm going up against this Steve fellow," Tyson stopped his antics long enough to come up with an answer.

"My opponent is Eddie," I replied. I knew he possessed a bit beast, as a little birdie told me earlier that day. "I wonder what kind of attacks he uses."

"You'll find out soon enough," Kai stated rather flatly. He was sitting on the farther side of the bench, leaning on the back. His crimson eyes were hidden from the world as he had them shut. "You need to concentrate on preparing yourselves instead of worrying too much."

"I'm up against their team captain," Max said, looking at the line up for the All Starz. "I'm going to need all the luck I can get."

"You don't need it Maxie," Tyson placed his arm around his shoulders in a friendly reassuring manner. "He's full of hot air."

"Just like someone I know," Kai now had his eyes open and his glare directed at the commenter.

"I was only trying to lighten the situation," Tyson huffed and went back to staring at where the dish should be. They had covered the dish area to make the teams guess at what kind of stadium we would be battling in.

"They're starting," I spoke up once they had their theatrics going.

During the first round, Tyson went up against Steve who used a football to launch his beyblade. The stadium resembled more of a city than an actual stadium. He had the upper hand, since he thought he had more power and that they knew every move of Tyson's. In the second one, Tyson managed to trick him. Don't ask. For the third round, Tyson pulled a victory out of the jaws of defeat. I never knew he had in him to pull such a gutsy move.

Then it was my turn. I was up against Eddie. Our stadium was rather unusual. It was a satellite dish, with a slick surface which made it hard to maneuver around. Unfortunately for me, my beyblade wasn't built to handle such surfaces. Fortunately for Eddie, he had his beyblade specially equip to handle these types of circumstances. I found out the hard way when his beyblade crashed into mine and my blade couldn't stay inside the dish. The second time, it landed on mine, causing it to come out of the stadium quickly. Needless to say, I was downright pissed off. Okay, I was extremely pissed off. Sometimes, life wasn't fair.

Max finished the best of three. He had to win or we wouldn't be going to the Russian tournament. Not to mention, the All Starz will be gloating in our faces at our lack of experience or something like that. During the first battle, Max was completely nervous. Heck, I would be too if my parents were watching me and on the opposite team. In the second battle, Max managed to pull himself together with the support from the rest of us. For the third round, Max had to give it everything he had, because Michael switched to his right arm, which was his stronger arm.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~The Next Day~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We had finished packing when we noticed we were short one member. Our youngest team mate was missing and Kai thought nothing of it, but the three of us went to search for him. Most likely, he would end up either in the BBA office or in a beyblade shop. I asked Kai whether or not he will assist us in searching for our missing team mate. He informed me he had better things to do and that if we were going to search for Kenny, why should he waste his energy.

I felt like strangling him right then and there; however, I restrained myself from violently harming my team captain. After all, someone needed to keep Tyson in line and I seriously doubt I wanted to get stuck with the job. Besides, we needed four people for the tournament, just in case one of us couldn't blade.

Dralcian was preoccupied with something or another, though he told us approximately where we could find our lost technician. At least he helped us unlike some team captain, who will remain nameless. It was a good thing he narrowed down our search area. Otherwise, we will have to swim to Russia and trust me cats can't swim that far. I could fly there myself as tempting as it may seem, but I wanted to enjoy my trip there. After all, there weren't many opportunities for me to travel on a cruise ship.

The first store we entered was a beyblade shop. Unfortunately for us, Kenny wasn't browsing for beyblade parts. Then we went to the BBA located in the USA, and guess what? He wasn't there either. From there, we decided to check each place on the street methodically. We had to hurry up otherwise the ship would leave without us.

We happened to find our team technician in the unlikeliest of places. I almost burst out laughing at his attire. He wore a tan trench coat over his normal clothing and a detective like hat. He was going over Tyson's wins as well as loses. I guessed he was trying to put together some sort of strategy for when we go against the Russians.

As soon as we arrived at the docks, the ship was about to leave. We found Kai standing on the ship already. Dralcian was up there, but he was on the other side of it. I don't think the falcon trusted Kai enough to be around him without having company.

We boarded the ship and went exploring it without Kai. Our team captain said he had better things to do than to waste his time wandering around. Surprisingly, the other bit beast didn't mind. He wanted to become familiar with the ship in case of an emergency. I would have to agree with him.

About an hour later, we went our separate ways. Dralcian decided to hit the weight room. Max went off somewhere. I guessed it was somewhere near the pool, as he had an affinity for water. Upon the ship leaving, we discovered Kenny had sea sickness so he went back to our cabin to lie down for awhile. As for Tyson, I don't know where he wandered off to, but for me, I went to check out their food.

Man they had good food. I walked out the door to be confronted by Tyson, Max, and Kenny. They were trying to help our technician get rid of his sea sickness. Tyson first suggested swimming and then Max suggested eating, from what I heard. Then I recommended that we battle someone. After all, this ship had a built in beyblade stadium. The guys were enthusiastic about it.

Once we entered the area, we found several amateur bladers. Of course being honorable bladers, we didn't challenge them as we were on the professional level. We won two national tournaments and were on our way to winning a third. Deciding to do something else, we wandered somewhere else.

Kenny suggested we start an exercise regiment. Tyson had to run laps around the ship. If it were me or Kai or Dralcian, it would be no problem, but this was Tyson we were talking about. Max was sent to the weight room. Now that I think about it, he didn't have much muscle on his bones. That was when Kenny turned to me. He was about to say something when I said I just ate. I told him to tell me in an hour, but then again I trained by myself while I was back home so I just needed to take it up a level after warming up.

After an hour I decided to start warming up by jogging in one place. Suddenly a couple of boys came rushing past me. I decided to stop one of them.

"What's going on?" I inquired the stranger.

"Someone is challenging that guy," the stranger said. "It's going to be one heck of a battle."

"Do you know who it is?" I asked another question.

"I don't know who, but I'm not going to miss out," the kid said as he rushed off towards the stadium.

I wondered who it could be and rushed towards the stadium, only to run into a familiar friend. "Hey, what are you doing?"

"I'm going to see the battle," he replied casually. He glanced over to where the other people were heading. "I assume you are too."

"Yeah, let's go before we miss anything," I said, rushing to the stadium with him in tow.

Once we reached there, we found a circle around Tyson and this strange violet haired guy. So far they didn't have their bit beasts out, but that was not for long. They soon had their bit beasts out in an epic battle. Well, I wouldn't exactly call it epic, but it was a fierce battle. At first the two were pretty much even until the griffin started growing in size. He shot several feathers at Dragoon, who couldn't dodge it and took the hit directly.

In the end, Tyson lost to this person. Whoever he was, he was a tough opponent. I hoped I could go against him, but I doubt I was far enough in my training to pull it off. If it was me in my bit beast form, then I would stand a stand a chance against him or I worked together with the other unsealed bit beast.

Unfortunately for us, Tyson would not let up. He wanted another round but the guy refused to. He said something about us not being a challenge to him. I swore there wasn't enough space in this room to fill his ego. Then Tyson insisted on having a name to go with his face. Inside I agreed with him one hundred percent. On the outside, I remained neutral. The violet haired person introduced himself as Robert. One day Robert, someone will deflate your huge ego.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Later that Night~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey Kai," I said, spotting Kai leaning on the ship's rail staring out into the sky. "What are you doing out here?"

"None of your business," Kai replied gruffly. He didn't turn to me to know who it was.

"We were wondering when you're going to be coming back," I replied softly. I too leaned onto the rail and stared out into the night sky. "It's getting late and I suspect you want us to train harder after that defeat."

"Whatever," Kai replied bluntly.

I wondered what had gotten into him. He wasn't this distant when we were alone, but then I noticed we were out in public. Perhaps a private place would be more comfortable to him. "Let's turn in for the night. The others have already gone to bed or they should be when I had left them." My response from him was a slight twitch.

Without a word, Kai pushed himself off the railing and heading towards our shared cabin. I followed not far behind him. When we entered, we found the others sleeping on their beds. Kai merely walked past them and into our bathroom to change with his nightwear. After he finished, it was my turn. We didn't talk much.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Dralcian's POV~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I watched as the two departed. They were heading straight to their cabin. Maybe Rei will find that special someone in Kai and if Kai broke his heart, I will break his arms. Now that was taken care of, I decided to go see what Robert was up to or at least his bit beast.

Wandering around, I found hardly anyone up at this time. Good thing, I decided to take a nap in the afternoon while the others were busy doing whatever they were. Thinking I could get some training in, I headed towards the beyblade stadium.

Deserted. Good, I wasn't up to battling or training with another person. Sometimes, I wanted to clear my head and beyblading was one way I relax. I took out my launcher and blade before getting ready to launch. Gods, I haven't done this for awhile now. I have been busy with my mission and keeping track of them, I had hardly enough time for myself. Launching it was second nature to me as I sent my beyblade into the stadium.

Now let's get some things straight. I was a few thousand years older than any normal human. Second, I beyblade in my spare time, but that doesn't mean I like the idea of having my kind trapped in those bit chips. Third, I don't possess any bit beasts.

I don't know how long I have been training as I didn't look at my watch once. As I launched my beyblade, I felt someone nearby. I knew it couldn't be any of the Bladebreakers as they were fast asleep in their cabins.

"What do you want?" I asked without turning around.

"Tell me why you are training at this hour?" The person asked with amusement.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I inquired with equal amusement. "As if you wouldn't know. Sometimes, I want to train by myself without any distractions. Don't you?"

"I thought so," the person chuckled behind me. "I see you take this more seriously than your friends do."

"My friends take it seriously," I spoke harshly. "Well at least three of them. Kenny doesn't blade, but he is very serious about learning how to make beyblades and strategies. You can figure out the two."

"I see," he said thoughtfully.

"And no, I don't feel like challenging you," I commented a bit dryly.

"Are you scared?" The person stepped out from the shadows.

"Robert," I growled at him. "Let's just say I know the difference between being a coward and knowing when I'm in over my head. Besides, I haven't bladed for awhile and I don't even own a bit beast."

"That certainly makes a difference," Robert said rubbing his chin.

I grabbed my beyblade as soon as it left the stadium. "Besides, I thought you would have more honor than to challenge amateurs."

Robert shrugged his shoulders. He didn't answer my question.

"Everyone has to start somewhere," I informed him while poking his chest. "Even you had to be an amateur at one point. People don't have a lot of money to throw around on beyblade lessons."

"I suppose so," Robert said, pausing for a moment to think about it. "There would be no honor in challenging those whose skill levels aren't as high as mine."

"Right," I said the word slowly. I turned around to go back to my cabin.

"Wait a second, I don't even know your name," Robert called out to me.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out," I taunted him as I departed the room, leaving him surprised.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Back to Rei's POV~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I stretched my limbs out. Boy, those beds were soft. Leave it to Kai to wake us up very early in the morning. Then again, we expected him to train us harder than ever due to Tyson's loss to Robert. Suddenly, I heard someone screaming in pain. I was about to rush to that person's aid, but I recognized who the voice belonged to and figured out Kai was waking Tyson, rather forcefully and painfully.

Quickly changing into my normal Chinese outfit, I went over the battle in my mind. What or how was his bit beast able to grow that large and powerful? Maybe I should ask my friend about it. After all, he was a very old bit beast. Then again, I could ask Driger.

'Driger,' I thought to him.

'What is it?' A sleepy voice came from my beyblade.

'How do you think Robert's bit beast grew in power?'

'You woke me up for that?' Driger yawned loudly. 'How am I supposed to know?'

'I thought you would know as you had several owners and are a few thousand years older than me,' I pointed out rather bluntly.

'Oh right,' Driger laughed nervously. He was shifting nervously within his beyblade.

'You don't know,' I sighed mentally.

'You could say that.'

'Do you think Dranzer would know?'

'I don't know about that fire phoenix,' Driger said sleepily. 'Why don't you ask him?'

'I'll try and just to let you know we're going to start training in the next hour,' I informed the sleepy white tiger.

'Fine, wake me up then but for now let me sleep!'

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the litter box. Speaking of which, I needed to wake up the rest of my team mates before Kai became really furious at them. I padded into the next room to find them falling back asleep in their day clothes. At least they changed before starting to sleep. It made things easier for me.

"Tyson, Max, Kenny," I called out each of their names and shook them gently.

Kenny stirred and opened his eyes. "Morning Rei. Where's Kai?"

"He's probably eating breakfast without Tyson present," I chuckled at the thought of our team captain trying to get away from Tyson.

"I see," Kenny picked up his laptop and a few charged batteries.

Max was the next to start stirring. "Oh right. Kai's gonna be mad if we're late." He violently shook his best friend.

"Maxie, no need to shake my head off," Tyson grumbled as he stood up.

"Would you rather have him shake off your head than Kai?" Max inquired with a smirk on his face. His answer was Tyson rushing out the door and then back for his beyblade.

We chuckled before following him out of our cabin. In the restaurant area, Kai couldn't be found. I figured he must have eaten quickly and then left before we arrived. We quickly grabbed our plates and started filling our plates with food or in Tyson's case his two plates. Once we were finished, Dralcian was walking into the room.

Our first part of the training happened to be weight lifting as well as cardiovascular exercises. Tyson groaned at the thought of doing more laps around the ship, but at least this time, he won't be suffering alone. We started by stretching and warming up.

"Kai, what's with the harsh training?" Tyson almost snapped at our team captain.

"You do want to defeat Robert, don't you?" Kai asked the obvious question. Ever since his defeat, Tyson wanted a rematch against Robert.

"Yes I do!" Tyson said with more enthusiasm than unusual.

"Then you have to become stronger," Kai replied. He paused his current exercise to chat with us. "You shouldn't be relying on Dragoon to win every match for you."

"He's right," I agreed with him. "Both the blader and the bit beast must become stronger."

"I guess so," Tyson said sheepishly while nervously scratching the back of his head.

"Well then, what are you waiting for?" Kai barked at the rest of us, causing us to hastily return to our exercises.

DS: What a lame ending and chapter.

Wingzero: -.-U Hey I was doing character development for Kai, Rei, Dralcian, and Robert.

DS: Whatever.

Ray: Are you going to?

Wingzero: *starts chasing her yami again*

Kai: She never learns to keep her mouth shut, does she?

Ray: Nope.

Kai: Should I even bother with the first aid kit?

Ray: You should stock up on them or learn healing magic.

Kai: I think I'll stock up on them until I learn this healing magic.

Ray: Good idea. Ask one of t he hikaris: Yugi, Ryou, or Malik. On the other hand, don't bother with Malik.

Kai: Why?

Ray: You'll see soon enough. *walks away*

Kai: Eh?

Malik: *is hiding behind a curtain laughing evilly*

Kai: O.O *blink* *blink*

DS: AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *is being chased by her hikari*

Wingzero: You are going to pay!!! *is chasing her yami*