Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Rise of the Past ❯ The Prophecy ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

/N- I'm sorry that it took me so long to update my story, but a while ago my computer broke down and I had to resort to my lab top. Sadly my lab top didn't have a compatible document program for so I had to wait. And my new computer didn't have Word, and I had to figure how to upload it... ugh, a LOT to do. So please read, I'm going to make this a Trilogy story! But I'm not sure if the second part is going to be an R or not... But I just got two great ideas to follow this, so I want to wrap this one up a little bit...

Chapter 20 --> The Prophecy

Gary smirked as he and Nakia came up to the large stone tablet. His eyes scorched greedily over the carvings of Alem, the Sacred Bit beasts, and Ra. In his ear was the little radio that Dr. Kay used to step Gary through the instructions with Nakia. The latest: place the pendant in the slot. Gary looked around the stone tablet and noticed a small cut out that was missing. It was a perfect circular shape. He glanced over towards the quiet- err in a trance-girl. Around her neck, he noticed the pendant. It looked like it was a match.

“Nakia, take the pendant around your neck and fit it into the hole there,” stated Gary. Nakia walked forward and took the necklace off of her neck. She gently placed the pendant into the hole; it was a perfect match and Nakia stepped back. The ground started to rumble slightly underneath their feet.

“Gary, under Driger's marking will be a pathway. Take it quickly.”

As Dr. Kay had said, there was an opening in the ground. Gary took a hold of Nakia's shoulders and led her down the stairway. At the bottom, they met up with three pathways. He looked down to Nakia who seemed to coming around a little bit to her “treatment”. Gary growled. She was stronger than they had expected, and the dream was ending.

Dr. Kay and Zagart noticed this as well. They both frowned and yelled at Gary to hurry it up. Time wasn't on their side anymore, and once they got the Pharaoh Dragon, Nakia was disposable.

“OK, Nakia. Which way is it?” asked Gary in a strained by sweet voice. Nakia took out her beyblade, and held it in front of her. Ra started to glow, directing them towards the left path. Nakia started off in that direction, Gary carefully following behind.

Kai knew exactly where he was and what he was going to find. But he also remembered what Dranzer had shown him in the dream. Out of the corner of his crimson eyes he noticed that there was an opening into the ground just under the marking of the tiger. Inside, Kai knew he had to go in, and in that instant, the boy jumped at the chance. The only explanation for the open doorway was that Gary and Nakia were in there. And there was no way Kai was going to leave Nakia with Gary for one minute longer. No matter what state of mind she was in.

Racing down the large, stone staircase, Kai leapt off before the last ten steps. Landing, he looked around at the three pathways that led out. Dranzer was still in his hand, and started to glow, pointing towards the left. Kai didn't waste a thought and darted down the hallway. Weaving through fallen rock and debris, Kai took notice to how old and frail the architecture was. It seemed like it could come down any minute, which was more time than Kai wished for.

He heard a shouting coming from down the hallway a bit. It was a male voice: Gary. Kai growled and managed to pick up the pace even more and run in the direction. He came into a large area in the ground. It was about 30 feet high and 60 feet wide. There were pillars of Anubis, Horus, Isis, and Ra in the room. Gold was piled in high stacks and the place had a bad smell to it. Kai spotted the two figures in the back of the room, staring up at a wall that had a carving of a very large dragon on it.

"What do you mean you don't know how to get it out!" shouted Gary at Nakia. "You're about as worthless as the sand outside!" Kai was fuming inside, and ran towards them.

"Watch what you say Gary," boomed Kai. "Wouldn't want it hitting you in the face." Gary spun around to face Kai, and glared at the bluenette. Kai's crimson eyes matching Gary's lavender ones.

"I've had about enough of you Blade Breakers. Think you're all hot shots don't you! Well Nakia, why don't you prove your enemy wrong," said Gary.
'Might as well get some more use out of her.' Nakia stood before Kai, taking a step towards him. Her eyes were still covered by the shadow from her bangs, but she took out her blade and launched Ra at Kai.

"What?" Kai had to duck to not be hit by the blade in the eyes. Ra bounced off the walls and landed on the stone brick floor, spinning between Kai and Nakia.

"Lets go Kai. I'm going to finish you off like I should have done last time we battled," said Nakia. Kai growled at her, he knew he wasn't going to get through to her. They had her in some kind of a brain warp and the Nakia he knew was distant from him. He set Dranzer up and readied himself to blade. Kai stopped himself at first, not knowing whether or not this was the right thing.

"Good work, Gary. The prophecy in the ancient books say 'a clash of the Titans will awake the slumbering one. From there he shall join up to his counterpart, and some meaner of history will repeat themselves,'" read Dr. Kay. "And I think we just met two of our 'Titans'. Bring on the Pharaoh." Gary grinned.

'Maybe Nakia was more useful than I personally took her to be.'

Dranzer went flying onto the ground and bashed immediately into Ra. The blades bounced off one another and dug in deep to attack. Kai was composed and trying his best to not only blade with Ra, but to get Nakia out of her funk.

"Nakia, this is pointless."

"Yes, you might as well give me Dranzer so I don't have to waste my time releasing my ancestors mistake," said Nakia. "They never should have given the Pharaoh to the sorceress. He needed to be free on his own. Now I'm undoing their wrong."

Ra crashed right back into Dranzer, sending the blade backwards. Dranzer rounded the room, Ra right on his heels. The blue blades were hitting each other with such accuracy that it was hard to tell if any damage was coming to either blade. Dranzer tried pushing Ra a bit and then slamming into the blade.

"That is not true Nakia," said Kai. "Gary has been brainwashing you into believing that. Don't listen to a word he has to say. If you release Alem, he's going to take it and then take Ra and Dranzer." Nakia twitched a little bit, causing Gary's anger to rise.

The blades continued to bash and grind into each other. Then Kai noticed how a piece of each blade went soaring off. He gritted his teeth and called upon his phoenix bit beast. Dranzer emerged from the blade and started to pound into Ra. The light blue blade seemed to be falling back and failing.

"Gary, you better keep Nakia under control, we're getting strange readings from the wall. The Pharaoh is awakening." Gary nodded and looked over at Nakia. "We don't want Kai getting through to her before the Ancient One comes out!"

"Don't listen to Kai. He's full of lies," said Gary. "Don't you remember what he did to you?"

'What? What did I do to Nakia?'

Nakia seemed to clench her fists and twitching again, she was coming out of the dream. Ra seemed to kick it into a new gear and whatever was faulting him before wasn't right now. Dranzer switched to defense mode and countered a few of Ra's attacks.

"Remember Nakia, remember what Kai had planned for you, what he told you he was going to do to you!"

Ra bashed hard into Dranzer, sending the blade airborne, but Ra wasn't done with the blade. He soared up into the sky and hit Dranzer in mid air. Kai's mouth dropped, as he couldn't believe the whooping that Ra and Nakia were giving him and Dranzer. The words of Gary were hitting Kai extremely harshly. He didn't know what Gary was talking about. The only thing that happened between Kai and Nakia was the "incident" (A/N: "Knock First Please") and the kiss.

"I don't know what bullshit you are trying to pull Gary, but you are the one filled with lies!" shouted Kai. "Dranzer!" The blade spun into a new gear and Dranzer went after Ra, bashing into him. Nakia started to shake with anger and frustration, and then she looked him in the eyes. Her eyes, they were gazed and showed no soul behind them. They were like lifeless sockets into Nakia. She was under their mind control. But she was shaking, she was breaking through and her eyes started to turn back to their normal gray color.

"NO! No, Kai. You are the liar. I remember your words. I remember them so clearly. I thought I could like you! I thought you liked me! But I was wrong, oh I was so wrong. You told me you wanted Ra, and the only way to get him was to kill me! You tied me to a chair and came to kill me! Gary was there; he saved me. He got me out of that labyrinth that you placed me in! I can never forgive you Kai. NEVER! And I'll show you what it is like to meet the true Winged Guardian of Ra face to face. Here's what you wanted Kai!" shouted Nakia. "WINGED GUARDIAN OF RA, SHOW YOURSELF! DESTROY DRANZER!"