Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Pasts ❯ A trip gone wrong ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Beyblade or any of the characters except for Tara and Goldhawk, who I made up for this story.

1,000 years ago

A husband and wife had left their home in the nearby mountain village to take their daughter out on the ocean for her 12th birthday. The day had been clear and sunny without a cloud in the sky, so it was the perfect time to take her. The girl was especially excited to be heading out, since she had never left her village once since the day she was born.

"Now, Tara..." said the man to his daughter, "I want you to be careful while we're out here. You mother and I would be distraught if anything were to happen to you." Tara smiled and nodded her understanding. "Don't worry, father. I'll be careful. So where's the boat we're taking?" Tara's parents smiled and lead her to the boat. Tara, who was now even more excited then before, quickly ran over to the boat and got in. Her parents entered the boat shortly after and her father pushed off the dock to start their voyage.

"How far are we going to go, father?" Tara's father smiled and said, "We won't be going out too far. We have to be back in the village before nightfall." Her mother nodded in agreement. "It's dangerous out here at night, Tara." Tara's expression changed from one of excitement to one of confusion. "But how can it be more dangerous outside the village at night?" Her mother frowned, not wishing to tell her daughter of the dangers the outside world could bring just yet. "You'll understand one day when you're older, my dear."

Tara nodded slightly, knowing that it would be pointless to question it any further. She then looked out in the direction of the ocean just in time to notice a flash of light in the sky. Her father noticed it, too, and immediately knew what it meant. "We'd better head back." Tara looked at her father. "Why? What's wrong, father?" Her father started to attempt to turn the boat around. "A storm's coming in, Tara...and the waves are already acting up...it's hard to turn the boat around..."

"Well, keep trying, husband..." A hint of panic could be heard in Tara's mother's voice as she spoke up. "I'm trying, dear...but the waves have gotten really rough..." said Tara's father. The waves then knocked the oars out of his hands and into the ocean. "Oh no...there's no way we can turn around now. I guess we'll just have to hope we reach some land somewhere before the worst happens."

After almost a week drifting at sea, Tara woke up one morning to see land very close by. She quickly woke up her parents. "Mother, Father! We've finally reached land!" Her mother looked up and sighed with relief. "Thank the heavens...I was afraid it would be the end for us...I wonder where we are, though..." As soon as the boat landed, Tara run onto the shore and saw many strange buildings, one that appeared to be a large palace. She saw many people on the street, some of them in robes and carrying katanas, both of which looked very strange to her. "What a strange place...so different from our little village..." As her parents walked up, her father said, "Well, I guess we'd better find a place to settle here...I don't know if we'll ever be able to return home..."

Tara walks a few feet away and then takes out her pendant, which has a picture of a beautiful golden bird on it. "So what do we do now? How long will we be here...Goldhawk?" The bird glowed in a soft golden light in response. Tara then looked up at the sky and wondered what the future had in store for her.