Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Pasts ❯ Hilary's Dream ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Beyblade or any of the characters except for Tara and Goldhawk, who I made up for this story.

Hilary slowly woke up after having another of the strange dreams she has had recently. She sat up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes while thinking about it. "What a strange dream...I saw that golden bird again...but what could it be?" She then looked over at the clock sitting on her dresser and immediately jumped out of bed. "Oh no! It's already 9:00! I was supposed to be at Tyson's house an hour ago! What's wrong with me, anyway? It's not like me to sleep in like this!" After getting dressed in her usual pink shirt and white skirt, Hilary quickly ran downstairs and had a quick breakfast. She then put her shoes on, said bye to her mother, and ran out the door.

Hilary ran as fast as she could to reach Tyson's house. By the time she arrived, the boys had already started their training for the day. At the moment, a practice match was going on between Tyson and Ray and it was apparent that both of them had improved, as it was a very even match. Hilary sat down next to Kenny on the porch, who was recording the statistics of the match on his laptop, Dizzi. The match ended in a tie and then Tyson looked over at Hilary and smirked. "Well, look who finally graced us with her presence." Hilary glared at Tyson. "Hey, I didn't mean to be late! I just overslept!" Tyson's expression grew a little more serious. "You've been doing that a lot lately. Is something bothering you?" Hilary, being her usual stubborn self around Tyson, looked away from him. "Don't be ridiculous! I'm fine!"

"If you say so..." Tyson then walked away and went back to his training, this time in a practice match with Kai. But if anyone had given a second glance at Hilary just then, they would have seen an expression on her face that said she did have something on her mind. Hilary couldn't stop thinking about the dream she'd had. She'd wondered if the bird she saw might have been a Bit Beast. But if it was a Bit Beast, then why was she having this dream and not one of the Bladebreakers?

At that time, on the other side of town inside what appeared to be an abandoned building, Ozuma, the leader of the mysterious group known as the Saint Shields, greeted his friend Joseph. Joseph had just returned from another spy mission against the scientists who were also after the Bladebreakers' four Bit Beasts. Ozuma looked at Joseph with a serious expression. "So how did it go?" Joseph smiled his usual cocky smile and said, "Eh, it was a piece of cake, Ozuma. Their security's really gotten lax recently."

But then Joseph's expression turned into one of concern. "However...I did find out something interesting while I was there..." Ozuma's eyes opened wide with interest. "What is it?" Joseph looked right at Ozuma. "It seems...those scientists have discovered another Bit Beast that's actually loose in the city." Ozuma quickly stood up after hearing this news. "What?! How can that be?! I thought the only active Bit Beasts besides ours were those of the Bladebreakers!" Joseph shook his head. "I can imagine your shock, Ozuma. I wouldn't believe it either, if I hadn't seen the evidence with my own eyes."

Ozuma's eyes narrowed. "Find Dunga and Mariam." Joseph nodded his acceptance and ran off to find their other two comrades. Ozuma closed his eyes as he thought to himself. "We must find that Bit Beast and seal it away before anyone else does."