Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Pasts ❯ A New Face ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Beyblade or any of the characters except for Tara and Goldhawk, who I made up for this story.

At the riverbed not far from Tyson's home, a small boat suddenly rowed in and landed by the shore. Maneuvering the boat was a young boy with long shaggy black hair that was tied back with a piece of string. He took a look around for a few moments. Then he looked at his pendant and asked, "Are you sure this is the right place, Silver Wolf?" The pendant responded by emitting a small grey light. The boy looked a bit confused. "All right, if you say so. This better not end up being a wild goose chase, though." He then tied the boat down so that it wouldn't drift away and started walking around, hoping to find what he was looking for.

Back at Tyson's house, Hilary had just finished putting her shoes back on. Tyson walked up behind her. "You going home now?" Hilary stood up and turned to face him. "Yeah, I really should get going. My mom's probably worried sick about me by now. I'll see you at school tomorrow, Tyson." Tyson smiled. "Yeah, sure thing. You take care on the way home, though." Hilary nodded. "Don't worry. I'll be fine. I'm going straight home." Tyson nodded and said, "All right, Hilary. See you tomorrow." He then headed back into the house as Hilary turned the corner of the street.

The boy who had arrived by boat just happened to be walking on the opposite side of the street when he saw Hilary walking in the opposite direction. He didn't pay her much mind until his pendant began glowing again. "What's up, Silver Wolf? Don't tell me you're reacting to that girl...." He then looked at Hilary again. "Could she have what I came here searching for?" He crossed the street and quietly followed Hilary until she got home. He knew it would be a bad idea to attract attention to himself, so he decided to leave Hilary be for now and continued walking the direction he was heading.

As soon as Hilary arrived home, she started to head up to her room, but was stopped by her mother calling her name in a stern tone. She looked over at her and said, "Yes, mom?" Her mother definitely did not look happy. "Where have you been? You were supposed to be home over an hour ago." Hilary sighed and answered, "Sorry, mom. I lost track of time." Her mother shook her head. "Hilary..." Hilary sighed again. "Mom, can we talk about it tomorrow? I just want to go to bed now." She then walked up to her room, not giving her mother time to answer. She closed the door to her bedroom and plopped down onto her bed, not even bothering to change out of her clothes first. "I understand Tyson's concern," Hilary thought to herself. "But Ozuma and the other Saint Shields are the only ones who could tell me about this Bit Beast...and I really want to know why he chose me." She then closed her eyes and immediately drifted off to sleep.