Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Pasts ❯ Curiosity ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Beyblade or any of the characters except for Tara and Goldhawk, who I made up for this story.

Hilary was resting on the bed in Tyson's bedroom with Tyson sitting in a chair beside her with an expression of deep concern on his face. "You've been asleep for three hours now....what happened to you, Hilary?" Tyson asked aloud. Max walked in and stood behind Tyson. "How is she doing, Tyson?" Tyson shook his head and said, "She's still asleep....I don't know when she'll wake up." Max could tell his friend felt a great deal of guilt for Hilary's condition. "It's not your fault, Tyson. You didn't know this would happen." Tyson closed his eyes tight and yelled, "But it is my fault, Max! I noticed she was acting strange and I did nothing to find out what was wrong! If I had..." Max backed away a few steps from Tyson, sensing he was very angry. "Tyson..."

At the same time, Ozuma had just returned to the Saint Shields' hideout. Mariam was the first to notice his return. "Hey, Ozuma! Did you find the stray Bit Beast?" Instead of answering Mariam, Ozuma walked past her and over to a wall and punched it with his fist. That immediately brought Dunga and Joseph to attention. "I take it that means it didn't go well," said Joseph. "Yeah..." Mariam replied. "He seems really stressed out about something." Dunga walked over to Ozuma. "So what happened, Ozuma?" Ozuma looked at his three followers with a look of deep anger. "The stray has already chosen its protector..." Dunga, Mariam, and Joseph all replied with deep shock. "You've got to be kidding!" Dunga yelled angrily. Ozuma looked Dunga right in the face. "I'm not kidding..." Mariam's expression of shock changed to one of curiosity. "Then who is it, Ozuma?" Ozuma now looked even angrier then before. "It's that girl...the one that hangs out with the Bladebreakers...but why her of all people? She never even believed in the Bit Beasts until recently..." Mariam walked over to Ozuma. "There must be something about her for the stray to choose her...did she do or say anything strange?" Ozuma's eyes opened with realization. "For a moment...it was like she was a different person...she didn't recognize Tyson and when she saw me, she called out the name 'Okagi'..." Joseph joined in the conversation. "Okagi? Didn't you once tell me of an ancestor of yours who went by that name, Ozuma?" Ozuma looked at Joseph. "I did...but he lived 1,000 years ago...there's no way someone in this time could know him...we'll discuss this more later...I have to think about something..." He then walked out of the room, leaving Dunga, Mariam, and Joseph puzzled as to what might be bothering Ozuma.

Back at Tyson's house, Hilary finally awoke and looked at her surroundings. The first thing that caught her attention was Tyson, who had fallen asleep with his head on the bed. Hilary smiled as she thought to herself, "He stayed by my side the whole time?" Right then, Tyson woke up to see Hilary sitting up in the bed. "Hilary! You're awake! How are you feeling?" Hilary smiled again. "I still feel a little tired, but I'll be fine..." Tyson sat up to look at Hilary. "I glad...you were asleep for three hours...I was starting to worry." Hilary seemed shocked at Tyson's concern. "Really? Wow...I...didn't know you cared that much, Tyson..." Tyson blushed slightly as he said, "Well...you know...I..." At the moment, Mariah entered the room with a tray of food. "Oh, good! You're awake now, Hilary! I'd brought some lunch for Tyson, but since you're awake, I guess he'll have to share with you now." Tyson turned even more red. "No...you can have it, Hilary. I'll get something later." This surprised Hilary even more. Tyson, passing up food? But she just smiled at Tyson and nodded. "Thank you, Tyson." Mariah then laid the tray down in front of Hilary. After Mariah left, Hilary took a few bites of the food on the tray before she spoke up again. "So...Mariah is Ray's friend, huh?" Tyson nodded. "Yeah, they both used to be on the same team, but then Ray left home to improve his Beyblading skills. His teammates weren't too happy that he'd left, at first, but I think they're more understanding now." Hilary smiled. "That's good. I mean, I'm sure it was a tough choice for Ray to make in the first place. I can't imagine leaving the people I live with and care about...I'd miss them too much." Tyson was silent for a moment before he answered. "Not me...I had a lot of fun travelling the world." Hilary frowned slightly. "But didn't you miss your friends or your grandpa?" Tyson thought about that. "Well, Grandpa managed to come visit me a lot. But, yeah, I missed my friends. They were always fun to hang out with." Then he thought to himself, "Well, except for Carlos, but I think I'll keep that part to myself." Hilary picked up the bit chip she had found. "So this little thing really has a Bit Beast inside? How do they fit in there?" Tyson shrugged. "I don't know. There's a lot that's not known about the Bit Beasts. As Ozuma said, they've been around a long time." Hilary looked up at Tyson. "Maybe we should ask him? Maybe he could tell us what we want to know." Tyson looked at Hilary with surprise. "Are you crazy?! Ozuma only wants to seal away our Bit Beasts! Don't you remember why he came here in the first place? He wanted YOUR Bit Beast!" Hilary sighed. "You're right..." She then thought to herself, "But I really want to know more about them...and find out why this one chose me as his partner..."
this chapter is shorter then the others, but I thought this was a good place to stop. Thanks to everyone who reviewed my story. I'm glad you like it so much, since this is really the first fic I've actually put some real time and energy into. I'll probably start writing more in the future, so keep an eye out. :)>