Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Pasts ❯ A Surprise Arrival ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Beyblade or any of the characters except for Tara and Goldhawk, who I made up for this story.

The next morning, Tyson had actually managed to make it to school on time. "Yes! I'm safe! You can't call me tardy today, Hilary!" He then laughed loudly, as if he had just beaten someone in battle. He quickly stopped, though, when he noticed Hilary wasn't even paying attention to him. He walked over to Hilary and gently poked her. "Hey...Earth to Hilary..." Hilary finally looked up at Tyson. "Oh, good morning, Tyson." Tyson raises an eyebrow. "That's it? 'Good morning, Tyson?' I practically insult you and not a peep out of you!" Hilary looked down. "I'm sorry..." Now Tyson just looked completely bewildered. "Hey...are you feeling ok? You've been acting really out of it lately." Hilary nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine...it's just...well, I'll tell you about it after school, ok?" Tyson looked a little concerned, but decided to give Hilary the benefit of the doubt. "Well...all right, then. After school." Then he smiled and sat down at his desk to wait for class to start.

Elsewhere, the girl who had just arrived by plane was now trying to find Tyson's house by looking at the map that had been drawn for her. Unfortunately, the map had been drawn very sloppily and was hard to read. The girl sighed with exasperation. "Great...I should have known better then to trust a map Tyson drew..." She then looked at the map hoping to somehow make sense of it. "Hmmm...looks like I head east..." She then headed east, spotting what looked like a dojo in the distance. "Oh, that must be it! Ray said he lived in a dojo!" She then quickly ran over and called out. "Hello? Is anyone home?" She then heard a very familiar voice yell out, "Let it rip!" She smiled at the sound of the voice and ran to where it came from to find Ray practicing with Max. She decided to wait until they were done practicing before she spoke up. As soon as they were done, she called out, "Hi, Ray!" Ray looked her way and opened his eyes wide in shock. "Mariah!" He ran over to Mariah and asked, "When did you get here?" Mariah smiled and said, "Just an hour ago." She then looked around her before asking, "Where's Tyson and Kai?" Ray answered, "Kai's inside and Tyson should be home from school soon."

Max walked up with a big smile on his face as he greeted Mariah. "So, how've you been, Mariah?" Mariah smiled at Max. "I've been doing good. You and Ray look good, too." At that moment, Tyson ran in, having just gotten home from school. "I'm home, guys!" He then looked shocked to see Mariah standing there. "Oh, hey, Mariah. When did you get here?" Ray smiled. "She just got here a few minutes ago." Then Max spoke up with a slightly concerned expression. "Where's Hilary, Tyson? Wasn't she coming to watch us practice today?" Tyson turned to look behind him. "That's weird. I thought she was right behind me." Mariah was really curious now. "Who's Hilary?" Tyson answered, "My classmate...I'll go see what's keeping her." Tyson ran back outside the dojo to see Hilary still walking up to the dojo, but very slowly. "Hey, Hilary! Come on! We gotta practice!" Hilary looked up. "Oh, right...I'm coming..." She then started to walk a little faster and then sat down as soon as she was where the others would practice. Mariah walked over to her and extended her hand to Hilary. "Hi, I'm Mariah, Ray's friend from China." Hilary smiled and shook Mariah's hand. "It's nice to meet you. My name is Hilary. I go to Tyson's school." Mariah then turned to face Tyson and the group. "Hey, you guys mind if I practice with you?" Hilary looked at Mariah with surprise. "You know how to beyblade?" Mariah looked at Hilary. "Yeah! I'm a member of the team back home! The White Tigers!" Hilary smiled a little. "I like to watch Tyson and the Bladebreakers practice, but I've never actually done it myself. I don't even have my own Beyblade." Mariah smiled. "Well, maybe you'd like to watch my match, then?" Hilary nodded excitedly. "Sure! I'd love to!"

Mariah decided to battle against Ray to see how much he had improved compared to herself. Hilary kept her eyes on the match the whole time, waiting to see what Mariah's Bit Beast looked like. She looked on in awe when Mariah's Bit Beast, Galux, finally came out of Mariah's Beyblade. As soon as the match ended, Hilary ran over to Mariah. "Wow! That was the coolest Bit Beast I ever saw!" In her excitement, Hilary had failed to notice that the bit chip she'd found had fallen out of her pocket. Mariah saw it on the ground and picked it up. "What's this? It looks like a Bit Beast." Hilary gasped and quickly grabbed it from Mariah. Tyson looked at Hilary. "Hilary...is there something you haven't told us?"

Before Hilary could answer, Ozuma appeared from behind a tree. "So that's where it was...no wonder we weren't able to find it." Ozuma then slowly walked over to Hilary. "Now, hand it over." Hilary glared at Ozuma and slowly backed away. Mariah glared at him, as well. "Who do you think you are coming around here and barking orders at everyone?" Ozuma looked at Mariah with a straight face. "It's none of your concern. Stay out of it if you don't want to get hurt." He then turned his attention back to Hilary. "Now, are you going to hand it over or not?" Hilary stepped back one more step before answering. "Why should I give it to you? You'll just seal it away like you did Driger!" Ozuma was now a little angry. "Because that Bit Beast has been a stray for 1,000 years. It could be dangerous for you to keep it. Now hand it over or I'll take it by force!" Hilary shook her head. "No..." Ozuma was now very angry and rushed towards Hilary to try to take the bit chip from her. During the struggle, a bright golden light suddenly shined from the bit chip, knocking both Ozuma and Hilary back. Ozuma quickly recovered, but it took Hilary a moment to get back to her feet. Ozuma took a deep breath before speaking up again. "You see? I told you it was dangerous. Now give it to me." Hilary looked up at Ozuma, but now had blue eyes, instead of her usual brown eyes, that had the exact same expression of those of Ozuma and the other Saint Shields. "O...ka...gi...? Is that you?" Ozuma then looked at her strangely. "What are you talking about?" Hilary seemed to ignore Ozuma's question and walked towards Ozuma. "Okagi...it's been so long...I thought I would never see you again..."

Tyson quickly walked up to Hilary. "Hey, Hilary! Are you ok?!" Hilary turned to face Tyson. "Who are you?" Tyson was taken aback by her question. "Who am I? It's me, Tyson." Hilary quickly turned around as her eyes regained their original color. "T...Tyson...? What...happened...?" After that, she fell to the ground. When Tyson checked on her, he found her to be completely unconscious. "Hilary?! Wake up!" Mariah put her hand on Tyson's shoulder. "We should take her inside so she can lie down somewhere." Tyson nodded and then, with Mariah's help, walked Hilary into the house.

Ozuma still seemed puzzled at what had just occured. "What...was that...? Did that Bit Beast...react to her?" He decided to leave Hilary be for now and started to walk back to the Saint Shields' hideout.