Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ That Loser ❯ Don't Touch the Mops ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

It's been while since I last updated this story and I give my sincere apologies to those who are keen on an update. I don't use this account much - I find FanFiction.Net easier to use. Special thanks to those users who reviewed.
 
.
 
Chapter Two: A Nerdy Alliance
(previously in That Loser - Kai is introduced as a mop loving loser who is a nerd in disguise. On his way to school, he meets fellow school nerd Tala Valkov. After a very interesting conversation the two become fast friends and head to Avalar High in anticipation)
Kai and Tala arrived at the school unscathed. Kai mentally grinned. After sixteen years of having no friends he finally found one. Of course, this Tala would not measure up to his lovely mops but he would come close. And perhaps Johnny and Mystel would also become good friends of Kai's. He certainly hoped so. And he certainly hoped they liked mops or at least, showed an appreciation towards mops.
“Kai” said Tala looking at Kai. Kai turned his attention to his new found friend.
“Yes Tala?”
“Do you want to sit with us at recess?” Kai couldn't suppress a grin from crossing his features. He had friends! Wait correction, he had a friend! He felt his heart hammer wildly in his chest. This was the beginning of a new relationship! Perhaps…perhaps they would join him in celebrating the mop festival. Now that would be exciting.
“I would love to Tala, thank you for inviting me” Kai responded grinning.
“Good, we'll meet at the Holy Temple at recess time”
Kai raised his eyebrows to represent a bewildered expression. “Eh? Come again?”
“Holy Temple” Tala explained “the library” he added after examining Kai's expression. Kai sighed then nodded.
“I thought we were going to church” he commented. He was deeply afraid of the church. He never used to be, but after reading the Proverbs about foolishness, he decided that the Bible was specially written to describe him. Yes, he was paranoid.
The two boys arrived at the entrance hall when Tala suddenly halted. Kai continued to walk but stopped when he noticed the absence of Tala's presence beside him.
“I'm sorry Kai but I must attend my exam!” Tala explained before dashing off in the direction of his examination room. Kai sighed. He was back to being lonely. But he was used to that because he was a loser and losers didn't have friends. He sighed again.
“Good luck Tala” Kai complimented his new found friend “the mops are watching over you!” he added. Many heads turned around to face him. A deep shade of red flushed on his cheeks.
“The loser strikes again” a voice snickered. Kai turned towards the source of the speaker. Rei, the pimp master of the school pushed his way into the middle of the crowd.
“Hello Rei”
“So, the loser has made a new friend…how sweet” Rei said. His friends and the crowd snickered. Kai clenched his fists. How dare they mock his new best friend?!
“So Kai, you gonna speak or just stand there wearing that dopey look on your ugly mug?” Laughter greeted his words.
“I'm sorry Rei, but I must attend my first lesson. Good day to you” Kai said. He turned his back on Rei and quickly started to walk when a hard object hit the back of his head. Kai yelped out aloud and twirled around to glare at Rei.
“Training for the ballet Kai?” Rei snickered.
“No I am not training for the ballet” Kai responded heatedly. Rei grinned. Tormenting nerds and losers was a favourite past time of his. Infact, Rei considered it a sport. He called it nerd hunting.
“Rei!” a loud voice yelled. Rei snapped his head around to face the speaker. A tall blonde boy with bright blue eyes ran to Rei puffing.
“What is it Enrique?” Rei turned to face Kai “Can't you see I'm busy?”” he added then looked back at Enrique.
“Sorry Rei, but Miguel and I found the McGregor boy you wanted”
“Excellent job Enrique…where is Johnny?”
“Over here sir!” a new voice spoke. Another blonde boy stepped forward - in his tight grasp was an auburn haired boy a struggling to free himself.
“Let-me-go!” he shrieked.
“No can do Mr. McGregor” Miguel said. Kai felt his blood pound in his head. Anger slowly boiled inside him as he pondered what to do. Yes, he was slow.
“Leave him alone!” Kai bellowed surprising not only the crowd but himself too. “He did not harm you!” Rei shook his head. He took a few steps forward toward Kai.
“Tsk tsk tsk, that's not the tone a loser like you should be using when speaking to someone like me” Rei spoke. He neared closer…
A sharp pain suddenly exploded in the side of his head. He yelped. He heard a cry of protest as well as cheers from his left before a yelp silenced the noise. Kai sat up, groggily. As dizzy as he was, he could make out a group of figures surrounding not himself but surrounding the boy named Johnny.
“I thought you were going to knock him out cold Rei?” Enrique asked.
“Nah, we need to talk” Rei said “hey loser, wake up!” Rei demanded. Johnny sat up from his position. “Now, I don't want things to get nasty but if you disagree with me, you're going to get a fist planted in you face in front of the whole school. Y'understand?” Johnny nodded. A look of satisfaction crossed Rei's face. “Right…first things first, I want your watch McGregor”
“But…but that's my grandmother's watch!” Johnny protested. Rei glared.
“McGregor…when I want something, I mean I want it now!” Johnny shook his head. Kai had to admit, he liked Johnny's stubborn refusal to give up.
“NO! You will never get your hands on my grandmother's watch!” Johnny yelled. Rei sighed.
“Fine…you had your chance…” Rei muttered before swinging his fist into Johnny's face. Johnny fell to the ground, gasping in pain. Rei bent over, stole Johnny's watch and stood back up an evil grin plastered on his face.
“No…my watch…” Johnny whispered tears trailing down his face.
“You know McGregor, crying ain't gonna get you anywhere” Rei remarked “now, I want you to do something else for me…”
Johnny got back onto his feet. “Isn't stealing my watch enough?”
“McGregor…”
Johnny trembled “What…what must I do?”
A sadistic grin crossed Rei's face. “Get on your knees and repeat `I am a wimp' ten times over” Johnny dropped to his knees.
“I am a wimp, I am a wimp…” he said repeating the phrase eight more times. Kai tightened his fist. How dare Rei make mockery of innocent nerds? This crime should be reported to the cops!
“Give back Johnny's watch now!” Kai demanded. All attention was on back on him again. And that was not a good thing. Sweat beads formed on his forehead. Rei turned his attention back to Kai.
“Ah, I forgot about you…now Kai” Rei said rounding on him “you don't mention a word about what just took place you hear me?” he demanded. Kai nodded quickly. Rei was scary. But he had to fight!
“I'll tell the teachers on you!” Rei and his friends burst into hysterical laughter at Kai's statement. After regaining his composure, Rei looked at Kai.
“What a laugh…Kai, do you think the teachers will listen to a loser like you?” Kai bit his lip, trying hard to fight back tears. He shook his head. “I thought as much…now, if you do happen to `let it slip', my friends and I will track you down. Y'understand?” Kai nodded. Who was he trying to kid fighting Rei? He was far too weak. Not even his beloved mops could save him now.
“Our work here is done boys” Rei said turning his back on Kai. Kai watched him leave with his mates. When Kai was sure he was safe, he ran over to Johnny's side.
“Are you okay Johnny?” he pleaded despite the pounding in his head. He still felt dizzy from the fight. Johnny nodded. He looked at Kai, his eyes beginning to well with tears.
“Thanks for trying to help me Kai…you're a good friend…” Johnny stated. Tears rolled down Kai's pale cheeks. He had successfully made another friend! “But…Kai…he-he stole my grandmother's watch!” he wailed tears beginning to spill “my dead grandmother's watch! It's the only item I have to remind me of her!” he sobbed, wiping back tears using the back of his palm.
“He will pay dearly Johnny…” Kai said seriously “we shall get our revenge on those pimps”
“But how Kai? I mean no offense, but you're nothing but a loser” Johnny stated. Kai blinked away tears. Now was not the time to burst into hysterical sobbing. He had a task to do.
“I'll need to speak to you, Tala who I previously befriended and finally Mystel, whom I do not know at this time and moment. But that's beside the point, the point is, we need to discover what makes the pimps have power in school. Do you understand?”
“Yeah, but what can we do exactly? You heard him Kai, he'll track us down if we tell anyone in authority and…”
“And what?”
“We'll be DOOMED!” Johnny exclaimed throwing his hands up in the air “DOOMED I tell you! It will be the end of the world!” Kai rose an eyebrow. Tala didn't mention to him that Johnny was also very paranoid.
“Johnny, we won't be DOOMED as you put it. The pimps will be DOOMED not us. Before you know, we will be the new thing”
“What new thing?”
“The cool people”
“Oh…but…how am I going to get my watch back Kai? We can't exactly run up to Rei and slap him across the face”
“Obviously not. If we `slapped' him across the face, we will be DOOMED and DOOMED is not what we want” Kai said placing emphasis on the word `doomed'.
“Alright Kai, I understand what you're saying but what I don't understand is why do we want to be cool?” Johnny asked. Kai shot a glance at him.
“I'll explain later at the meeting. Do you think you can gather up Tala and Mystel and bring them to the Holy Temple at lunch today?” Johnny nodded.
“Sure thing Kai. Maybe if we have enough time we can watch Star Trek!”
Star Trek?”
“Yes Kai, just yesterday, we finished watching the first season”
“Oh…” he commented deeply saddened. He simply wanted to watch a documentary on mops if they had enough time. Perhaps another day…
“Alright, I'll see you at lunch time today” Kai said “goodbye”
“Bye Kai and thanks again for trying to help me”