Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Chibi Curse ❯ Ray ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Chibi Curse
By Bester of Death
//…// when the Beasts speak.
Chapter Four: Ray
Max was curled up in a small ball underneath his bedcovers dreaming of a certain Chinese boy, with golden eyes. He was dreaming that Ray was leaning over to kiss him when something poked his nose. He brushed it off as nothing, but it happened again. After the third time Max was forced to open his eyes and see what was poking him. Very large golden eyes stared at him in awe, as a small finger once again poked his nose. Max sat up and started down at the Chibi. Like all Chibis’ first thing in the morning, he was naked, with long raven hair tied in a ponytail. The Chibi had the end of the ponytail in his mouth and was sucking on it. Max put the Chibi in his lap and hugged him. There was no mistake, this was Ray. He was too cute to be anyone else.
“Your really beautiful Ray, Chibi or otherwise” he whispered in to the Chibi’s ear.  The Chibi looked at him, unsure and slightly nervous.
“No one ever told you that did they?” asked Max and watched the Chibi shake his head. “Well you are. You’re the most beautiful Chibi in the world”
Chibi smiled brightly and his eyes twinkled like stars as he reached up and kissed Max’s nose. Max resisted the urge to hug the Chibi again as he got out of bed and carried Ray in to the kitchen. He was surprised to see Kai up eating a slice of toast. Max looked over at the clock that read seven thirty, he guessed he should not really be surprised, Kai woke with the sun.
“Morning Kai”
“Morning”
“It there anything here for Ray to eat?” 
“Nothing but Apple sauce”
“Apple sauce?”
“There is hardly anything here. Tyson’s eat us out of house and home.”
“I guess we have to go shopping before the tournament” smiled Max as he put Chibi Ray down on the counter, right next to the sugar bowl. Max started looking though the drawers in such of a spoon when Kai called out to him.
“Um…Max?”
“Max turned to the older boy “What?”
Kai pointed over to Chibi Ray as Max followed the finger and gave a sharp gasp. Ray had the sugar bowl in his lap, dunking his hand in to the sugar and then sprinkling the white substance on to the floor.  Once or twice the white substance when in to Ray’s mouth and he laughed for joy, and looked like the cat that got the cream.
“Ray!!” cried out Max who quickly took the bowl off of the Chibi and picked him up and hugged him. “You don’t eat sugar”
The little Chibi rubbed his head against Max’s shoulder and neck and looked up with sorrowful eyes. Max felt himself melt under the stare and hugged Ray again. “Besides your sweet enough already”
Kai groaned and felt sick from all the sweetness, and quickly got up.
“I’m going to wake Tyson and dragging him shopping with us. After all it’s his fault we have no food.”
“Ok”   
 
Kai walked in to Tyson’s room and so Tyson sprawled over his bed snoring loudly. He walked over to the boy and brushed the long hair away from the sleeping face.
“Now how should I wake you up? Gently or kick your sorry ass” Kai thought.
//You won’t to do that. But you certainly want to do OTHER things to that little hot ass// smirked Dranzer from her blade.
Kai blushed and shook his head wondering where that thought came from.
//Anyone would think it was you who had the fetish for my Master’s butt//
//Dragoon? You’re awake? By the gods it’s a miracle!!// 
//Not really! I smelt this terrible smell and then realized it was you//  
//You should be use to that smell by now Dragoon, since it’s not me but your master’s socks//
Both beasts growled at each other and decided to watch they masters. Kai shook Tyson not to gently trying to wake the boy up.
“Tyson! Tyson wake up!”
//Dragoon, do something! We have to go shopping before the tournament. There is NO food//
//WHAT?! TYSON WAKE UP! RED ALERT! THERE IS NO FOOD//
“AAAHHHHHHH!” Tyson woke up screaming and sweating.
“Tyson what’s wrong?” asked Kai
“Oh hi Kai, I’ve just had this horrible dream. We had no food and we…”
“Well I hate to tell you this Tyson, but you’re not dreaming. We don’t have any food”
“WHAT!?”
“No food and since you eat more the all of us combined your going to go food shopping with us!”
Tyson rolled back in to his bed “Can’t I wait until you guys get back?”
“No. You get up…NOW!!” said Kai as he grabbed Tyson’s leg and dragged him out of bed. Tyson gave a small scream and landed just in his black silk briefs on the floor. Kai simply stared at Tyson dumbly before going bright scarlet and quickly leaving the room.
//Dranzer what did you say to him//asked Dragoon
//You don’t want to know// 
 
Max was on the floor of his room dressing Chibi Ray. He was wearing a plain T-shirt and blue baggy pants, with tiny black shoes. Ray was simply giggling at Max’s silly voices when Kenny came in with Dizzy. Dizzy had returned to the Laptop, after explaining to Kenny that she could only come out when he needed her.
“Hiya Max”
“Hey Kenny. How does it feel being normal again?”
“I have few memories from yesterday; most of them are of Dizzy losing her temper and being very protective of me and stuff. Who’s that behind your leg?”
Max looked down and saw Ray gripping his leg tightly trying to hide from Kenny.
“Ray why don’t you come out and say hi to Kenny?” asked Max
Ray looked up with his mouth opened and shook his head, the very idea terrified him.
“Come on Ray, its Kenny. You know Kenny right?”
Ray’s bottom lip started to tremble and his eyes started to water, as he hugged Max’s leg tightly. Max picked the little Chibi up and held him close.
“Ok Ray you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do!”
Little Ray stared to Purr and rub his head against Max’s shoulder.  Kenny looked blank at the pair but Max just smiled.
“Sorry about that Chief seems Ray’s a little shy”
“I kinda guessed. So did anything happen yesterday when I was a Chibi that I should know about?” Kenny asked
“We saw Dizzy’s and Draciel’s human forms” smiled Max
“Wow you saw Draciel’s human form that’s unfair! What did she look like?”
“Well she looked about our age, and she had long purple hair with purple eyes. I guess purple is her signature colour”
“I guess. Let’s grab some breakfast and…”
“No can do Chief, we have no food”
“What? But we went shopping at the start of the week there was enough food here to last about two weeks. Where could it…”
“You forget we’re living with Tyson Chief, he eats for at least three people”
“Or just for him and Dragoon” said Dizzy
 “Dragoon is using Tyson as a power sauce that explains a lot” said Kenny.
“No Chief that’s not what I meant. Dragoon loves his food as much as Tyson, but he can’t eat unless Tyson’s does. You get it now?”
“A bit beasts with a large stomach no wonder he and Tyson get on” said Max.
 
 
The boys wondered down the allies of the supermarket with Ray in a push chair. Ray laughed happily as he pushed item after item off of the shelf. At one time he grabbed a bag of small cookies and started to eat them. Max did tell him off but when he started to sniff and his eyes became watery Max quickly apologized and kissed him.
“Poor Max” thought Kenny “He’s completely twisted around Chibi Ray’s finger”
At this point Dragoon was dropping the idea of taking Kai’s hand in to Tyson’s head. Subconsciously Tyson took Kai’s hand and wondered it Kai would hit him.
“What the hell is he doing?” Kai thought
//He’s holding your hand, though you rather his hand in your back pocket//
“I don’t know who you are but can you shut up? I do not like Tyson that way”
//Then why are you still holding his hand?//
“I…I don’t know, but PLEASE shut up and leave me alone”
Kai tightened the hold on Tyson’s hand as they continued walking.
“We need to get the five basic food groups” said Kenny looking down the food.
“Good idea Chief, we need fatty, unhealthy, greasy, sticky and sweet” smiled Tyson.  
“I mean Normal people food groups Tyson and…what are doing holding Kai’s hand?” asked Kenny.
Both Kai and Tyson blushed brightly and pulled the hands away, as Tyson went to walk with Max and Ray. Chibi Ray, who was covered with chocolate from the chocolate chipped cookies, saw how unhappy Tyson was and offered him one of the cookies. Tyson smiled at the Chibi and took the cookie. Dranzer growled in frustration.  Why wasn’t her master going after him? Well, it wasn’t her problem anymore she had to get ready for a match.  Dragoon might have done something but he was to busy getting Tyson to buy a pack of King Size mars bars.  After a lot of arguing about the amount of Junk Tyson put in to the trolley they went to the cash point. There was a list of broken objects or ripped bags they had to pay for because Ray’s naughty paws.
“Guys we better hurry and get this stuff back we got a match in two hours” said Max as he quickly wiped Ray’s face clean.
“So what’s the battle plan for today Chief?” asked Tyson
“Well I think Max should go first, since he is the weakest out of you three…” Max looked hurt but Kenny quickly add “I’m sorry Max, but if you lose a deciding battle we could lose. Its best you go first so if you do lose we still have two more tries”
Draciel growled from her blade and started to spark slightly as if trying to get out.
//Ceil! Calm down! Save it for the match// said Dragoon
//I’m better then most beasts. I’ll show them//said the sulking Draciel.
“Welcome Beyblade fans to The Crystal stadium. Are you ready to rip?” asked Jazzman as the crowd went wild.  The Bladebreakers sat down in they box awaiting the other team. Ray was purring happily in Max’s lap rubbing himself contently against Max’s warm body. The other team shortly appeared in the arena, and everyone started. One of the boys had tri-colour hair; it was red and black with golden bangs. His body was rapped in tight black lather, and he wore an Egyptian        
Pyramid around his neck. His eyes were the colour of a cold ruby, and he went by the name of Yami. The boy next to him, had snow white hair that looked like it never been brushed yet still looked sexy. His jeans were tight around his long legs and he wore a green shirt that was unbuttoned showing his bare chest. Around his neck was a large golden ring, with the similar design to Yami’s pyramid. His name was Bakura (A/N: the Yami one, the light will be called Ryou).     
The other boy was no stranger to anyone; he was Seto, the billionaire.  They were calling them selves team Millennium, and they looked as they meant business.
“Be careful Max, your going up against Bakura. He is a sadist” warned Kenny
“And his bit beast “Change” is nothing to laugh at. It’s cold grasp and turn your own bit beast against you” said Dizzy “Try and keep Draciel out of the battle!”
Draciel started too shout out some very abusive words that shocked all the other bit beasts.
“Draciel you watch you mouth young lady” said Dizzy in a motherly scolding tone.
“What did she say Dizzy?” asked Max
“I am not repeating what she said. I’ll am saying is if you let her out be prepared that she will be on the attack instead of defence”
“Um…ok”
 
“Welcome everyone to the semi finals I’m Brad Best and this is my friend and companion AJ Topper”
“Thanks Brad! First round is Max vs. Bakura. Max is usual on the defensive with his powerful Draciel but Bakura is known never to take prisoners with his demon/Angel bit beast Change.”  
Max settled Ray down on the bench and started to walk towards the dish, when he realized that Chibi Ray was following him. Max smiled at the Chibi and picked him up and carried him back to the box and handed him to Tyson.
“Ray, Tyson is going to look after you while I’ll blade”
Ray’s eyes watered in record timing and his lip started to tremble rapidly, but Max smiled.
“Nice try Ray, but I’ve got to do this” said Max as he turned and started to walk away. When Ray noticed Max wasn’t coming back he struggled to get out of Tyson grasp. Max approached the dish nervous as hell as the menacing Bakura came forward. The white hair gave Max an intimidating grin and laughed slightly.
“This Beyblading is meant to be hard and challenging and yet they send weaklings to challenge me? I think I’ll be merciful and end this quickly and put you out of your misery”  
“You’re all talk Bakura” said Max as he set up Draciel.
“Bladers on your marks, get set, LET IT…” shouted Jazzman.
Suddenly Bakura let rip his blade and sent it shooting towards Max. The blade hit him hard in the stomach, and the sharp blade cut thought his clothes and skin. It sent Max sprawling to the floor, screaming. The members of both teams looked too shocked to do anything but Draciel was mad, furious would be a better word. She leapt out of her blade in her human form and ran over to Bakura and punched him hard on the nose breaking it in two places. Bakura clutched his broken nose.
“Thyou fthucking Bicth” was all that could be made out of Bakura’s mutterings.  
//Way Hey!! You go Draciel// yelled Dragoon
//That was impressive// smirked Dranzer
//Draciel return to your blade, what why you thinking? // ordered Drigger.
//Hey Drigger don’t get your strips in a bunch. Draciel was protecting her Master and AAAAAWWWWW! // said Dragoon.
Ray bit down hard on Tyson hand that was holding Dragoon casing him to let him go and drop his bit beast. Ray ran as fast as his little legs could go as he ran over to Draciel who was carrying Max back to the box. Ray kept jumping and pulling on Max’s leg trying to get his attention but was failing. Kai took Max off of Draciel and laid him down on the floor. Draciel not sure on what to do decide to wait inside her blade to find out what will happen to her master.
“Both teams have two minutes to clean up and then they must return to the ring” said Jazzman. “And if Bakura pulls that stunt again team Millennium will be suspended.”
“Kai, he needs a doctor” said Tyson looking at the blood.
“I agree Tyson but we need Max to finish what he started”    
“NO” shouted Ray as he threw his little body over Max “Max no fight! No Fight” Me Fight! Me fight for Max” tears were no spilling from his large Chibi eyes.  
Kai looked at Tyson questionably and Tyson nodded.
“I can’t do it Kai and neither can you and Ray still is a part of this team” Tyson turned to the Chibi Ray who was looking at Max helplessly.
“Ray, are you sure you’re up to blading against that guy?” 
Ray pulled out his blade and nodded “He hurt my Maxie! NO ONE hurt my Maxie!”
“Ray…don’t” said Max who was trying to sit up. “You’ll get hurt”
“You take nap!” said Ray as he pushed Max gently back “Me win for you”
“Well even if you don’t win…we’ll go back to the shop and pick you up a Drigger pushie, would you like that?”
Ray nodded and turned proudly and walked in to the arena. 
“It looks like that bladebreakers have sent Ray out, but there is something wrong with him?”
“There certainly is Brad; he’s shrunk” added AJ “but neither the less he is still part of the team”
“This is a joke!” shouted Bakura “First they send me a punk and now they send me a Chibi! I HATE CHIBIS”
“Just get on with it Bakura” shouted Joey from the sidelines, who was sitting with Ryou and Yugi.
“Whatever! Seto you should really put a leash on your boyfriend” muttered Bakura at his team mate.
“I do. I just keep it in the bedroom where it’s more useful” smiled Seto.  
 
Bakura walked over to the dish and sneered at Chibi Ray. Chibi Ray glared at him and then quickly poked out his tongue and blows a load raspberry at Bakura.
“WHY YOU LITTLE…?!” shouted Bakura
“Bakura” shouted Ryou “If you hurt that Chibi, you will be sleeping on the couch for the rest of the trip!”
“WHAT? You can’t do that to me Ryou”
“I will if you hurt that cute Chibi the same why you hurt that poor boy”
“FINE! I’ll play fair! Stupid Hikari! If he wasn’t so good at sex I would…”
“You hurt my Maxie!” shouted Ray
“What?”
“YOU hurt MY Maxie!” repeated Ray holding up his blade “Now me and Drigger are kick your bottom!”
“I don’t believe this I’m being threatened to have my ass kicked by a long haired love sick Chibi!”
“On your marks, get set, LET IT RIPPPPPP!!” shouted Jazzman
Bakura and Ray let they blades go and they flew in to the dish.
“Change, destroy his bit Beast” ordered Bakura
“Drigger tiger claw attack for Maxie!” shouted Ray
Drigger appeared from his blade in record timing. He was raging with power from his little master but also from his own heart. How dare this mortal upset his Draciel? Using his claws Drigger cut Bakura’s blade in three pieces before Change had a chance to appear.
“And the winner is RAY!!!” shouted Jazzman
“ME WIN! ME WIN! ME WIN!” Chibi Ray shouted as he jumped up and down. Bakura stormed back to the box muttering how much he hated Chibis. Tyson hugged Chibi Ray tightly “Well done Ray, your still one of the best bladers I know”
“Ty?”
“Um…Yeah?”
“What does Sex mean?”
“HUH? Why did you hear that?”
“That nasty boy said it! What is it?”
“Why don’t you ask Max that when he comes back from the medical room”
“Next up is Seto vs. Tyson” accounted Jazzman
“Tyson do you very a plan for when you go out there?” asked Kenny
“Yep win it!” smiled Tyson
“That’s wasn’t what I had in mind” muttered Kenny.
“Just remember Tyson. Your representing this team out there, we don’t want a repeat of your last performance.” Said Kai looking at the blue haired boy.
//Hey you creep! I don’t care how sexy you are! You don’t hurt with my master with out a good damn reason//
//He has a reason Dragoon! To get Tyson mad enough to fight! // said Dranzer
//That’s crap Dranzer and you know it! Talk to him Dranzer! I won’t have him hurting Tyson anymore, unless you’re telling Kai to be hard on him! I know its all about winning with you Dranzer and don’t worry your pretty red feathers over it! We’ll win it, with or without your wonderful master’s help! Or yours! // and with that Dragoon cut his connection of with the firebird, as Tyson walked towards the dish. Dranzer started after them her heart beating hard against her chest. She had not said anything to Kai since the shopping incident. She knew she had a thing for winning, it was her obsession. To be perfect…a winner, but she didn’t wish too lose one of her oldest friends because of it…annoying as he was. His words had hurt but she was strong…yet what were these wet things falling from her eyes.
 
“Seto is mainly known as a duellist, but recently has developed a passion for blading and with his White Dragon; Blue eyes with his thunder attack he will be a hard one to beat.” Said AJ
“Well he has yet to go against Tyson and his wild beast Dragoon And with they storm attack they’ve been know to blow the competition away.” 
“I am giving you the chance now Tyson to walk away and save yourself the humiliating defeat you’re about to suffer” said Seto
“You know what I’m starting to think is that your team is all mouth and no action.” Said Tyson as he loaded Dragoon on to his launcher.
“I’m going to make you eat those words”
“Bring it on”
“On your marks, get set, LET IT RIPPPPPP!!” shouted Jazzman
“The blades flew with grace and speed, and crackled with power. They went around the bowl twice before Seto decided to attack.
“Blue eyes white lighting attack”
“Dragoon, go on the defensive now!” shouted Tyson as his blade started to spin so fast you could not see it.
“Where…Where did it go?” asked Seto looking around the plain dish for Tyson’s blade.
“You should have paid attention, now I’m going to make you eat those words! Dragoon storm attack!” shouted Tyson as a huge hurricane rose from his blade sending Seto’s white dragon bit beast to the roof of the stadium.
“And the winner is TYSON!!” shouted Jazzman.
“That was great Tyson!” said Kenny “Now Kai, can either win or lose this battle since we’re going to the finals already”
“Hn! I never lose!” said Kai smugly.
“True Kai but you’ve never been up against the king of games before. It’s said he has mastered any game he has come across in just a few turns.” Warned Kenny
“Hn! What ever he’s got it will be no match for my Dranzer” said Kai holding up his beast. Usual Dranzer would have growled in agreement or glowed, but she did nothing.  
//Dranzer, are you alright? // asked Dizzy
//…//
//Dizzy what’s wrong with Dranzer? // asked Drigger as he watched Dranzer and her master go to the dish.
//I don’t know Drigger…I really don’t know//
 
“Yami is known as the king of games in Japan but how will he do here with his Bit beast Feral Imp, a playful little fiend that lucks in the dark waiting to attack its unwary enemy” said Brad
“Well its unwary enemy is Dranzer the fierce firebird that belong to Kai the captain of the bladebreakers and he’s not going to let Yami’s title scare him.” Added AJ
“Your friends have battle valiantly, I hope we will have an honourable battle as well” said Yami as he approached the dish.
“Oh we will don’t worry, and to make sure you won’t get embarrassed, I’ll make sure my Dranzer quickly wipes the floor with you” smiled Kai.
“We’ll see” said Yami  
“On your marks, get set, LET IT RIPPPPPP!!” shouted Jazzman
Yami unleashed his blade with all his heart and it went spinning around the dish in a fast haze. Kai unleashed his blade as he usual did but as it landed it almost toppled over before it started spinning normally.
“What was that all about?” Kai thought “I’ve never done that!”
“Something’s wrong” thought Yami “I have seen who powerful this Dranzer is, yet I sense nothing from the beast.”
“Dranzer Fire arrows now” ordered Kai as he waited for his beast to raise form his blade. Nothing happened.
“Dranzer Fire Arrows now” ordered Kai again. This time Dranzer rose from the blade in slow motion and hovered above the blade before returning to her sanctuary. 
“Wow Brad it’s seems Dranzer is not obeying Kai’s orders” said AJ
“It certainly seems that way, and this may be the opening that Yami need to win.” Said Brad.
//Dranzer what has gotten in to you?// asked Dizzy //Kai needs you to win this battle//
//…//
//Dranzer you have been true and loyal to your master since you found him, don’t disappoint him now// said Drigger
//…//
“The beast within Kai’s blade is suffering from heartache. Its heart is simply not in this match” thought Yami “I’ll finish this, and won’t shame the poor thing anymore then I have too”
The Feral Imp acted on its master command and with an almighty hit, sent Dranzer out of the ring with a load smash.
“And the winner of the final match is Yami, but the bladebreakers still advance to the next level. Their going to the finals” said Jazzman.
“I don’t understand how Kai lost, I mean what was wrong with Dranzer?” asked Tyson. “Dizzy do you know?”
“Afraid not Tyson! I and Drigger tried to talk her out of it but nothing worked” said the confused bit beast. Kai picked up his blade and started down at the Dranzer insignia.
“Why didn’t you come when I called you Dranzer?”
//I’m hurt and it’s your fault because of how you treat Tyson//
“I don’t understand”
//Your cold Kai and Tyson is freeing you. But you’re to scared to let yourself feel and your dragging me down with you//
 
Ray sat on the floor, looking at the fount door waiting for Max. He had been sitting there since they came home from the tournament, and Max was taken to hospital for a few stitches. Ray sat there, wishing and wanting nothing more for the smiling blonde to come home. No matter what Tyson and the others said to him he refused to be moved. He batted his blade for a while like it was a ball of wool and had even curled up in to a ball for a nap. Suddenly the door opened and in came Max. Ray’s eyes sparked liked stars as he literally ran and groped the boy’s leg, sending him to the floor.
“Hiya Ray, I guess you missed me” smiled Max as he sat up.
“No go anymore! You stay with me now!” said Ray as he crawled in to Max’s lap.
“I promise I will never leave you Ray and I got you something” Max pulled out a large carrier-bag and pulled out a Drigger pushie. Ray began to glow with joy as Max gave him the pushie.  He rubbed his cubby cheeks against it and began to purr loudly.
“I wonder” thought Max as he watched Chibi Ray “I wonder if Big Ray purrs like that”
 
Dinner was loading and annoying for Tyson. It turned out that Ray didn’t like peas and decided to use him as a target. Tyson thinking it Kenny started to flick peas at him. Kenny and Max soon joined in with Ray and it ended up a food fight, three against one as Kai was practicing, still trying to figure out what was wrong with Dranzer.  It was later that evening when everyone had gone to bed that Dranzer leave the safety of her blade. She sat in the living room in one of the big armchairs. She could not stop her eyes from leaking and it was getting worse. Why had Dragoon’s words hurt her so badly? She didn’t care about him; she didn’t care or need anyone. Yet why couldn’t she bring herself to fight?  
“Dranzer?”
The long red haired girl turned to see Dragoon standing over her. He looked sad and serious both looks alien to his consent cheery face.
“Yes Dragoon?”
“Dranzer…I’m sorry about what I said earlier. I should not have said any of those things, I knew you hadn’t said anything, I just…I just needed to let out steam and I took it out of you instead of waiting to use it in the ring…I’m sorry” This was the first time he ever apologized for anything, but he hated it when Dranzer was upset, even more so when it was him that did it. Dranzer looked at him and smiled.
“Thanks Dragoon. Apologue accepted”   
Dragoon nodded happily and was about to leave before he quickly turned to Dranzer again and kissed her gently on the cheek.
“Night Dranzer” he said as he quickly ran in to his and Tyson’s room. Dranzer touched her cheek and smiled brightly.
“By the gods that dragon’s got bad breath” she muttered as she returned to her own blade.
//I heard that you know// hissed Dragoon
//I know//
 
Kai woke the next morning in shock. Something very warm and wet pressed itself against his lips and then whispered in a sweet voice.
“Love you Kai”
Kai opened his eyes and pulled the naked Chibi in to his lap.
“I…like you too Chibi Tyson”
 
To be continued