Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Lost Souls ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1
 
“We're going on vacaaation, we're going on vacaaaation, oh yes we are, oh, oh, oh yes we aaare…”
“Tyson, shut it, or I'll push you over board.”
“Oh I'd like to see you try…”
“Don't tempt me…”
“Heh, Ty you know better than getting on Hilary's last nerve! Come on, I hear the restaurant on board is one of the best on cruises!!”
That got Tyson's attention! The Bladebreakers, together with their good friends Hilary and Skyla, were aboard a 10-day cruise, ready for a well-deserved break. Although all had gone their separate ways after the last World Championships, they decided to take a vacation for one last time together since in a few months, Kai, Ray and Skyla would be off to college. Kai was being his usual self and was nowhere to be seen or heard ever since they got on board, Ray was exploring the cruise ship as best he could, Kenny was in his room, finding something interesting to analyse, Skyla was relaxing on the upper deck, and Tyson and Hilary were butting heads, for a change, with poor Max taking over the role of referee for the 7th time that day.
 
“Come on Tyson, just drop it already. Food's waiting!” Max proposed.
“Fine…” the 17-year-old world champion muttered. He hated being the one to surrender, but when it came to choosing between fighting with Hilary and food…could he ever ignore the glorious call of heaven?
**********
 
“Hey! You're Tyson aren't you??”
Now, who actually had the nerve to interrupt Tyson during his fifth meal?
“Bleah whooph garbl umgl?”
“Err… what?”
Tyson swallowed hard. “I said: who are you?”
“Oh, I'm Eliot. I'm a fan of Beyblading.”
“Ohh!! Well, why didn't you say so, kid? Hehehe, what did you want my autograph or something? Suuure no problem, just all in a line please, don't hussle the world champion! Watch and learn, Max!”
“Hehe, whatever makes you sleep at night! I'm going to get something to drink,” Max exclaimed.
“Whoa there buckaroo. I said I was a fan of Beyblading. I never said I was a fan of you!”
“Alrightie then… soo, who should I write this - say what?!”
“You heard me. All you had was luck. As if you could ever win those battles, all you do is stuff your face!”
“Now hang on just one freakin' minute, dude! What I had was not luck, I have Dragoon by my side!”
“Big whoop!” Eliot exclaimed. “Feast your eyes… there's a new bitbeast in town - Lynxalon!” Eliot proudly showed his beyblade, which boasted a vibrant emerald colour, with orange on its edges.
“What are you trying to say, you want a battle?”
Eliot sniggered. “Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. You think you're up for it, big shot?”
“You're going to wish you never even opened your mouth. Bring it!”
 
Max walked in with his coke, and immediately realised that something was going on.
“Bring what?” he said. “Erm… what did I miss?”
“This chump wants to challenge the champion!” Tyson declared.
All Max could do was sigh. “And like always, you refuse to say no. Fiiine - 3, 2, 1, let it RIIIIP!!”