Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Lost Souls ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
 
(Ray's P.O.V.)
A cool breeze slowly found its way to my face, gradually beckoning me to open my eyes little by little. I willingly accepted, and was greeted by a blinking light. The sun? No, the last thing I remembered it was late afternoon. Hang on, where was I? I came to the realisation that I was laying on the ground, surrounded by a sheet of beautiful green grass.
 
Panic hit me. Why wasn't I on the ship? Wait, the ship! It sank! The others! All the tension cut the blood circulation in my brain, and I found myself slowly nearing the ground once again. That journey was cut short when I felt a sharp pain in my side. I noticed that I had landed on a branch. A big branch. But how the hell did I get here? The ship was miles from land. I frantically ran through the trees, ignoring the pain and shouting for help. The others had to be alive, they just had to…
 
I heard waves slowly crashing against the rocks.
“Good, I must be near the ocean,” I thought. Good thing too, being nightfall I couldn't see a thing. Just a few seconds later there it was, the deep blue sea. And another thing.
“HILARY!” I screamed. I ran up to her, and quickly figured that the ocean waves had crashed her against the tree. I also noticed that she was unconscious, and panic soon invaded me again. I couldn't even be sure if she was breathing! I tried mouth-to-mouth just to be sure.
“What the heck am I doing, I don't even know CPR! I could be blowing into her stomach for all I know! And I'm talking to myself …Smooth move Ray,” I mumbled.
Then I heard footsteps.
**********
 
(Normal P.O.V.)
“Oy! Stop hovering over my best friend you …coconut!”
Ray turned his head cautiously, and breathed a huge sigh of relief. It was Skyla! Although she didn't look at all steady, Ray thought to himself. She managed to bump into every single bush and rock available to her.
“Hehe, who you calling coconut?” he laughed.
“Don't you laugh at - RAY!!”
She flung herself on him, knocking him down.
“You're really making a habit out of knocking the air out of me, aren't you?”
“I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Oh my God I thought I was alone I've been walking all over the place!” she sniffled.
“Yeah, I noticed. Salt water gone to your head?”
“Probably. Wait, Hilary!”
“Yeah, I don't know what to do, I've never done CPR!”
Skyla went to check on her. “Well, she doesn't seem to have any open injuries, so that's good. She's probably resting. She'll come to when she's ready.”
 
AAAAAAAA!!!!!!
“What the -”
“Ray, do you seriously need to question the yell? 3, 2, 1…”
“AAAAA!! I'm dead! Help me! I'm dead, I'm dead, I'm dead…”
As if on queue, Tyson came out bustling through the trees screaming, no, scratch that, shrieking that his life was cut short.
“I'm dead, I'm dead, I'm dead …hey! Why did you that??”
“I hit you, you felt it. So you're not dead,” Ray concluded.
“I'm - I'm not? But there's no food…”
The other two castaways sweatdropped. Of course Tyson would be thinking of food at a time like this…
 
“Tyson?”
The boy turned around, and was greeted by none other than…
“Kai!” You're here too? Where did you come from? Wait, are you sure I'm not dead? Cos if I am, and he's here, then I'm definitely in hell!”
“Haha very funny. I woke up about two miles from here somehow. I've been walking for hours, I think …it's so dark.”
The poor guy looked pretty beaten up. His face was covered in bruises, and he seemed to be limping on his left leg.
“Hey Kai, are you ok? That leg doesn't look so good. Want me to check it out?” Skyla proposed.
“What are you, the family doctor? I'm fine,” Kai grumbled. He tried to walk on it, but winced instead, and Skyla noticed.
“No you're not you're wincing. Can I just look at it? My father's a doctor he showed me some stuff…”
“Oh so now you're a qualified surgeon? I said I'm fine. We were shipwrecked, what do you expect, that we don't have one single bruise? I've been walking for hours it's bound to leave a mark. I just need to sit down…”
“Oh come on just because you - NO! Don't sit there!”
Kai bounced up, wincing again. “Now what?”
“Jake!” Skyla exclaimed, and ran towards where Kai was about to sit. Partly covered in sand, there emerged a guitar.
“A guitar. Jake is a guitar? You seriously almost gave me a heart attack because of a guitar?!”
“It's not just a guitar! Its name is Jake, and I've had him since I was 7.”
“Of course. He has a name.”
“Yes it has a name. Your beyblade has a name doesn't it?”
“That is so not the same thing! Dranzer is a bit beast! He's alive!”
“Well …I'm done having this conversation. I'm sitting on the other side of the beach.”
“Fine!” And they both stomped to different paths. Ray and Tyson just stood there, bedazzled.
“Erm …what just happened?” Ray asked.
“I have no idea …I'm usually the once stomping to the opposite side when there's Kai! Yo, wait, something's sparkling there …could it be? Kenny is that you? Kennyyyyy!!”
And in fact, there stood Kenny, with his huge glasses sparkling in the moonlight. Ray and Tyson ran up to him, but when they shook him, he just stood there motionless like a statue.
“Hello in there? Is he alive?” Tyson asked, waving his hand in front of Kenny.
“Of course he's alive! He's standing isn't he?”
“Dude, I'm afraid he's gonna drop dead any minute…”
“Shhh! He can hear you, he's just in shock …How long do you think he's been standing there?” Ray mumbled.
“I don't know …he could've been here before I was for all I know…”
A moment of silence. Still no movement from Kenny.
“Tyson, I'm worried. We can't just leave him like this!”
“I know - HEY CHIEF! DIZZY'S SHORT-CIRCUITING!!”
“WHAT?!?!?!?!” Kenny sprung back to life with that, and ran all over the place, trying to find his precious laptop.
“Tyson, are you serious?! You couldn't find a better solution?”
“What do you mean, Ray? He's talking isn't he?”
“Well of course he's talking! But then again, of course Dizzy would be short-circuiting!! We were in the middle of a bloody ocean!! You're gonna give him a heart attack now!”
`Well why did you come to me anyway, if you're so good you should have come up with a solution yourself instead of just saying “we can't just leave him like this!” Some help you are!”
“Forget it …we should really try to help Hilary wake up, she's been out cold a while now.”
“Naaaah just leave her there, it'll do her good.”
“Tyson…”
“Fine! I'm coming. Spoil sport…”
 
_________________________