Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Real Me ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: See the previous chapters.... we all know that i don't own Beyblade.

I have received the best reviews for the last chapter! Thanks so much!

The Real Me
Chapter Six
Distant Storm

x x x

Tyson walked out of the dojo and watched the events unfolding around him. Daichi was running around like the mad child he was. Kai was sitting in the corner, much to Tyson's surprise, eyes closed, and Dranzer was glimmering in his closed hand. Lying next to him was an mp3 player, and from the opposite side where Tyson was, sock clad and ready to beybattle, he could hear the music playing. It was some American band. He swore that Max had called them The All-American- something or others..... Rejects! Yeah! The All-American Rejects!

"Dude, Kai?"

"Don't bother, Tyson," Ray said, from where he stood around the beydish, fighting Max. "Drigger!"

"Yeah," Max agreed. "He's got all of us tuned out. Now then, Draciel, finish him!"

Both bladers were satisfied with their spark-filled collision. "That's enough for today," Hiro said, watching them. He looked to Tyson, who was ready to go. "Wanna fight me?"

"No, not really." The older sibling seemed disappointed, but he realized that it was Kai who his brother wanted to battle. "Maybe later?"

"Yeah, okay." Hiro shrugged. Probably sooner than later, seeing as Kai was probably going to rip his head off for asking.

They had been in Japan for almost a week now, and Kai had completely withdrawn back to the cold ice block of a beyblader that made the team initially love him.... yeah right. Hiro noticed that when everyone else went to sleep, Kai had been sneaking out. He had tried to follow, but since Kai was the only one with a car, that kind of made things impossible.

Tyson squatted down next to Kai, whose eyes were shut. "Kai....Kai..." No answer. The champion shrugged and looked over to his friends, who were curiously interested. "KAI!"

"Wha?" The snowy haired captain jumped up, obviously being jolted awake by his team mate. He paused the player, then turned and looked at Tyson, his eyes flickering dangerously in anger before resuming to their indifferent state.

"Dude, you should seriously think about practicing. There's a ton of tournaments coming up and you're usually the one who's always yelling about us being lazy and not train - Hey! Are you listening to me?"

"Nope," The others yelled, watching the captain close his eyes and hit play again. Tyson rolled his eyes and walked off the platform where their small deck was that led into to dojo, and exited it so that he was on the grass.
"Okay, bro, let's go."

BBRRRIIIINNNGG!

"I've got it!" Tyson took off running, stomping just loud enough to wake Kai up again, who growled angrily, muttering something incoherent in Russian and literally snuck off after Tyson. That kid was going to pay.

"Hello.....Oh, Okay Mr. Dickenson.... whoa, what? You mean Hilary came back?" There was a long pause, and Kai stepped stealthily into the kitchen behind Tyson, then hearing the part about Hilary. He turned around, and walked out the door, not bothering with his car. Once he hit the pavement he broke into a run, leaving the others outside utterly confused.

Tyson stepped back outside a moment later, excitement gripping his features. "She's back, she's back, she's back!" All the others looked up at him, clueless at first, and then realizing what he meant.

"Hilary!" Daichi yelled, jumping over to Tyson and hugging him. After realizing what was going on, Tyson shoved the little kid off of him, annoyed.

"Let's go, right now!" The champion yelled, jutting a fist up in the air. "Let's just see how good she's gotten." A sudden pang of broken pride seemed to hit him in the face. He hadn't forgotten about the 'other' Hilary, who had utterly destroyed his beyblade. He'd never forget how hard he had to work to rebuild that blade. Dragoon was a damn fussy partner, he noted.

x x x

"Yeah, Mom, can you believe it? I mean, I actually beat Tyson! Me, little old girly me! So much has happened over the past few months!"

The woman smiled. "I can tell," she added, with a hint of happy laughter.

A knock at the door caused Hilary to freeze up. "Crap, Mom, if it's Tys-"

"It's me."

"Oh." Hilary sprinted to the door, grabbing the captain and yanking him inside. "Are they coming?"

"Probably." Kai looked at her. She was wearing jeans and a shirt that ended high enough to send Tyson into shock. He smirked. "Tyson's going to freak. Then he's going to realize that you were the hot girl who beat him that he can't forget."

Hilary punched his shoulder, hard. He acted like it hurt for a moment, and Hilary's mother walked into the room. "Not helping," She gritted. He smiled.

"Hi Mrs. Tabitiana," Kai said. She looked at him, confused for a moment, but then everything clicked.

"I've heard a lot about you," She said, shaking his hand. "AJ is just crazy about you."

Hilary elbowed him. "You know what? I bet he's going insane without her."

"I'm going insane having to deal with your boyfriend." He rolled his eyes. "I wanted to get some sleep."

"Go upstairs and make a phone call," she said, handing him a phone card. "AJ told me to give you this. I'll deal with the guys."

"Oh no," Kai said back to her. Hilary's mom knew company was coming and disappeared into the kitchen. Any reference to Tyson meant that they were going to need food. Lots and lots of food. "No. I have to be here for this."

"Hilary! Oh Hilary!" The young woman jumped, grabbing Kai's hand and pulling him upstairs with her. Her duffel bag and suitcase were laying open on the counter, and she grabbed her launcher from the duffel bag and brought it with her.

There was a knock on the door, and Hilary's mom answered. "Why hello Tyson, boys. Come on in." Kai and Hilary heard the group tromp on into the house, and exit out the back door and onto the large patio. "She'll be down in a minute. And I think your friend.... Kai, I think it is, is with her. He came to see if she was going to kill Tyson or something like that."

All the group members, excluding Tyson started laughing. "Dude, even her mom is ripping on you!"

Tyson, whose attention span is about the size of a peanut, actually caught part of Mrs. Tabitiana's words. "Kai? Here?"

"Don't look so messed up, dude, her mom said he came so that she wouldn't kill you," Kenny said.

The rest of the group nodded happily. Tyson scoffed. "Since when is my possible demise funny?"

"When you're an idiot," Kai said tauntingly, opening the sliding door and stepping outside. He tucked the phone card deeper into his pocket. He would definitely be making an international call later, from Hilary's house, courtesy of AJ. The name sent a shiver down his spine, and Dranzer seemed to heat up at the thought of the girl's name. Dranzer was getting antsy, which was probably because Kai had been unstable ever since he had left AJ.

"Did you see her?" Max asked. "She isn't really going to kill him, is she?" The American's blue-green eyes glimmered with worry. Kai smirked.

"Hn."

"Hey, do you guys want to stay for dinner?"

"Yeah!" Mrs. Tabitiana sighed. Stupid, stupid question.

There was the sound of a person coming downstairs. Tyson gulped, remembering their fight. However, the other members of his team looked to the bushes, where a cloaked beyblader appeared, launcher at the ready. One thing, however, was clear. The big 'B' on his shirt meant he was no ordinary challenger.
"Shit," Kai said from the far side of the patio. "What the hell do you want?" He yelled, authoritively. The kid smiled viciously.

"I want a beybattle with a member of the BBA Revolution. Though, I must admit, calling yourselves the Bladebreakers was much easier."

They could tell he was a guy, who stood at a decent height. Tyson jumped off the patio, and Ray went to the first open window and told the two women in the house to stay inside. He heard Hilary cuss and told her to call Mr. Dickenson.

"Is this something from Kai's grandfather?" Tyson questioned, drawing out his beyblade. "Because he does know that Kai will never listen to him, right?"

The kid sneered. "Hah, I think Voltaire has a little better of an idea than to try and get Kai. Getting Kai would be pointless. He wants you, Tyson. You're much easier to break." The kid shrugged as Kai and Tyson both looked at each other in near panic. Kai kind of figured that his grandfather would be tired of trying to control Kai by this time. Although he was much easier to get to, unbeknownst to any of them, except Hilary and Ray.

"Now then," Tyson said, "You want to battle?"

"Yes." The blader paused. "But not with you, Tyson. We don't want to break you just yet. Select one of your team mates." A vein popped into view on Tyson's forehead and he turned to his team mates.

Little did they know, a certain brunette was listening to all of this from the roof of the house, waiting for the right moment. If they wanted a battle, they'd get a battle.

"Uhh... Maxy, you're-"

"How about me?" Her voice echoed from the roof. All of the beybladers looked up to see the brunette lounging on the edge of the roof of Hilary's house, looking pretty calm and tranquil. However, there was a sincere fire burning in her eyes that stated that she was all business. Hiro recognized her, immediately thinking of AJ and realizing that his cheeks were starting to burn. Both he and Tyson had some pride issues. Kai noticed the pained blush on the coach's face and cracked a smile that he quickly hid, so no one saw.

"I said I wanted a member of the BBA Revolution," the kid mentioned casually. "Not some little pom-pom fan girl."

Hilary's grip on her launcher tightened and she jumped down, watching Tyson for a moment. He turned his head, his bruised pride still in tact. She glared at the boy."You got a name?" She asked him, relaxing her tanned arms. Now that she realized it, she was just about as tan as Kai was. They'd probably put two and two together very soon.

She hoped.

"My name is Rowland." She nodded, taking in his appearance.

"Do you know who I am?" She asked him, sliding the rip cord into place.

"My worst nightmare or something, right?" He smiled a rebellious smile, and tightened his grip on the launcher.

"Hilary," She said, launching the beyblade. "Hilary Tabitiana. From the BBA Revolutions." She waited for the gasping behind her to stop. "And you know, the last person who made references like those about girls still feels the effects of what I did to him."

Everything seemed to come crashing down in Tyson's mind. This was Hilary? His Hilary? The one he told would give up beyblading after a day? She was the same girl who beat.... or rather, destroyed him back in Miami, stating that he needed to teach him a lesson? There was something wrong with this. Hilary had to have help if this was her. And now he'd never be able to face her. After everything that happened, he'd be lucky to even be able to in the same room as her again.

The rest of the BBA Revolutions stared at the girl engaged in the battle in front of them. Kai smirked, his thoughts focusing on the battle and the fact that it was a rather smooth entrance for someone who was trying to show Tyson up. However, in the back of his mind loomed a distant fear of what would possibly happen. Voltaire wanted Tyson. That would only lead to even more trouble, but since they had an extra beyblader on their side, it wasn't all that bad. His thoughts quickly rested on AJ. He squeezed Dranzer tightly from his pocket, and felt her added warmth.

Keep an eye on her.

Yes Master.

Ray was pleasantly surprised. There had been something strangely familiar about the young woman in Miami who had beaten Tyson. At least he knew she was on their side. Kai seemed pretty happy about this, the Chinese boy thought. If Voltaire was back though, he knew part of the emotion his captain didn't show was worry. He'd only really met AJ once, but it seemed that the guy was pretty hung up on her. Kind of like he and Mariah.

Max, Daichi, and Kenny were all thinking the same exact thing. What in the heck was Hilary doing, as this top notch beyblader? Why didn't she tell them, and why wouldn't she have shown up sooner? Someone had to have helped her become this savy little beyblader, and checking up on her style, they saw a lot of unique style, but there was a familiar aura around her style. It reminded them a lot of-

"Kai!" Max said, whirling around on his friend. "You helped her, didn't you?"

Kai looked semi-guilty and rather caught. Hilary looked back behind him. "Well, Tyson wouldn't help me," Hilary commented harshly. "He gave me a few pointers, but most of all I learned from my cousin, remember?"

"Enough talking, more battling," Kai said to the girl.

She rolled her eyes. "Dragonara, take him out."

Within seconds, the boy's beyblade landed upside down, its spin completely gone. “She hadn't totaled his beyblade,” Tyson noticed angrily.

"Just think though," Kai said from behind him. "You made fun of her and she looks up to you. This kid could stop breathing and she wouldn't care. As much," he added as an afterthought. The captain looked to the rest of his team mates, who were completely stunned. "Let's go inside," he stated. Everyone was still staring at Hilary, and not focusing. "Now!" With the exception of Hilary, Tyson, and a more adult-like Hiro, the group 'yip'ed and ran into the house. Hiro followed, placing a hand on Hilary's shoulder, before passing Kai and entering the house.

"Don't think this is over," Rowland stated, in anguish. Kai turned around for a final time.

"If you go back, they'll kill you. I'd run." The kid's eyes widened in horror and a fragment of dawning realization. He could never go back.
Never.
x x x

“So,” Hilary said. “I guess we need to talk, huh?” Tyson just gaped at her, completely unable to say anything. “Blink and I’ll know you hear me.”

The champion blinked. “Alright,” Hilary continued, feeling like she was talking to a wall. “I’m sorry I destroyed Dragoon in Miami.”

Tyson gasped. He thought she would be asking if he was going to apologize. Now he was kind of freaked out. Where exactly was this going. “You shouldn’t be,” he said, after a moment.

“I wasn’t finished,” she pointed out. “I’m sorry I destroyed Dragoon in Miami, but you don’t know how much you destroyed me here, in Japan.” She looked at him carefully, trying to detect any emotions. So far, all she could see was surprise. “It really hurt me that you didn’t want me to beybattle. I look up to you. I thought you could help me.”

“You what?” Tyson looked up at her. She looked directly into his eyes, an array of emotion resonating through.

“I said that I look up to you.” She closed her eyes. “You don’t know how much I wanted to tell you that it was me who won that tournament. I want you to be proud of me-“

Tyson shushed her, wrapping an arm around her slender figure. Realization hit him in the face. “I’m an idiot,” he whispered. “I am so sorry Hil, really.”

“I forgive you,” she whispered into his shirt, clinging to him in a long hug.

Meanwhile, inside, cell phone cameras and digital cameras took numerous pictures. “He’s so totally blackmailed,” Max said happily. Kai also took a few pictures. This would make up for that day Hilary had caught him with AJ in her room.
x x x
Four Weeks Later

AJ waited for the door to be opened for her, closing her eyes carefully and pressing her left hand just above her heart, grimacing, and praying that the pain would subside. It hurt really, really badly. The ride there was horrible. Almost like something out of her nightmares. She had heard the stories, but she never really knew.

That man was a creature not even worthy of hell.

She wasn't really sure of what time it was, or what was going on. She had told the chaffeur she was fine that morning, that it was nothing serious. So what if she lied? The door opened. Moaning, she was met with the light of a sunny afternoon in Japan and promptly shut her eyes, fading into a dreamless state.

"Miss, are you alright?"

After a moment without an answer, he turned to the man at the door.

"Mr. Dickenson, sir, we have a problem."
x x x

And the plot thickens.....What happened to AJ? How will Kai take it? After all, he hasn't seen her in over a month.... Stay tuned!

please review!
x3 Distant storm