Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ The Real Me ❯ Chapter Nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Nine chapters and this is me telling you I - still - don't own beyblade. Ugh.

Notes: Holy crap! Fifty reviews and counting?!?! I'm flattered! Usually I'm lucky to get about two reviews.... I'm really surprised at how many people have reviewed and said that they loved this story. But who am I to complain? Thanks so much, and I hope y'all keep reading.(and that no one eats my head.... XD)

The Real Me
Chapter Nine
Distant Storm

x x x

"Hey, is Hilary here?" Tyson asked Mrs. Tabitiana, who appeared when he rang the door bell.

"I think she's upstairs, Tyson," Mr. Carson said, from his location on the couch, "Along with some sleepyheads. Go on up and check." The three adults laughed gently, and Tyson thanked them, walking past them and going upstairs.

Tyson took the stairs two at a time, banging each one he hit like an elephant. He peeked into the first room, the bed was overturned meaning someone had slept in Hilary's bed. Then the navy-haired champ saw the bags and clothes, and realized that Hilary's aunt and uncle had used this room. There were still other beds though, he thought and moved on to the second room.

Empty.

The next room's door was half open, like someone had previously checked on the occupants and left the door halfway undone. Tyson's eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw a mess of brown hair next to an unruly mop of grey-blue hair, waaaaay too close together. Was that a moan that he heard from his captain?

There went his temper.

"KAI, I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU!"

x x x
Five Minutes Earlier...

"Mmn, five more minutes..." AJ mumbled against his lips, half awake. Kai seemed to agree, encompassing her with two broad muscular arms. Her mother had just poked her head in to find the two of them dead asleep, snuggled together, and felt the need to wake them up. Luckily, her mother, unlike Hilary, never saw their clothing choices. Kai was in his boxers, and she was only in undergarments. Again. Not like a bullet wound really wanted to be covered up, especially with some kind of uncomfortable fabric...

"We should think about getting up," he said back, in a morning stupor. AJ pushed herself into him even more, eyes still closed, kissing his collarbone. "Think." She smiled, opening her eyes half way to see him watching her.

"What're you doing?" His eyes glimmered

"Being sensitive for the last few minutes I have you to myself. Then I get to be an asshole."

"Then we better make them worth it." She wrapped both arms around his neck, pulling him even closer, if at all humanly possible, and kissing the daylights out of him.

"I know ways," he whispered against her lips, "to make you weak in the knees."

"Do it," she said back. "Give me my poison."

Kai resisted the urge to completely grope her at that moment, in Hilary's house, with her parents downstairs. Instead, he pushed all that passion into a kiss and let her have it. The only thing he typically forgot, was that she had the same effect on him. So the tides turned, and she ended up kissing him back with even more raw energy.

So much, that they didn't hear the door bell. However, the stomping was hard to miss.

"Someone's coming upstairs."
"Probably Hilary," AJ said. "Now where were we?" She kissed him roughly, then moved down his neck, causing a moan that escaped the boy. He sunk down lower under the blankets and captured her lips again, their tongues meeting in a flurry of excitement. "Four more days-"
"KAI I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU!"

"Jesus Christ, Tyson!" Kai nearly jumped out of the bed, pulling on his pants, while AJ grabbed the comforter and pulled it up around her so that it was over her head.

"Kai, you know how I feel about her, why'd you do it?" Tyson's anger was still present, but the champ seemed more distraught and upset at the moment.
"Would you think about getting all the facts?" Kai asked, annoyance present on his features. "And did you ever think about knocking?" He was definitely growing angrier by the second. "Get the hell out!"

"Why the hell were you sleeping with Hilary?" Three more sets of footsteps were heard pummeling the stairs.

The second head popped up out from under the comforter and stared at her parents and aunt.

"You WHAT?" They all asked at the same time.

"Come on, guys," The girl in the bed said. "He was with me aaaaaaalllllll night. Absolutely no Hilary here, whatsoever."

"That's a good thing," Mr. Carson said, "In a strange, slightly wrong way." Had the father not let the boy live with her in Miami, they might have had to have a little 'talk.' Luckily, Kai was a man of honor and decency, and he didn't have to 'talk' the shit out of the kid.
"This is becoming like a very, very bad party," he whispered so only she could hear.
"At least you have pants," she whispered back.

"But I saw you kissing her last night."

Again, Mr. Carson edged slightly closer to the captain, causing Kai to back away carefully. "I was thanking her, Tyson. She helped me sneak out and get here. It was only on the cheek anyway."

"I don't believe you!"

"Then let's go outside and settle this like men."

"Seriously, guys, don't fight over me. It's not like I'm even Hilary!" Too late, she figured. The two beybladers were already gone. "Would someone go downstairs and make sure they don't kill each other? I'm going to get dressed and I'll be right down."

"No problem, honey. We're just glad that Tyson jumps to conclusions and that none of it is true."
"Come on, he gave me a promise ring," AJ stated, sitting up. "Too bad we're going to have to come out about it, at this rate."
"I think you might want to," Mrs. Carson said, appearing at the bedroom door. "Because they aren't beyblading down there."

x x x

"Why are we fighting?" Kai asked him angry. "I'm not even with your girlfriend!" The grey haired captain dodged a punch, and let Tyson continue with his assault.

"Come on, punch me, I know you want to. It never stopped you in Russia!" Tyson was completely over the edge, and he actually landed a punch this time, on Kai's cheek. That would probably bruise, and of course, when he fell backward, his bare back did happen to get nice and scraped up against the cement patio.
"I'm not going to fight you," Kai said. "I wasn't with her." The captain got back up as the crowd that had once been outside came through the fence on the side yard.

"Why the hell are you all fighting?" Hilary asked, nearly breaking down the fence after fidgeting with the lock.

"You're boyfriend -" He dodged a punch "- Thinks that I was with you last night. He saw me kiss you on the cheek before I snuck out."
"Why would you sneak here? That makes no sense," Tyson said. "And you," He growled, meaning Hilary, "We'll discuss this later."

"Dude, Tyson, he's telling the truth!" Ray yelled, running towards them. Kai threw out an arm, blocking Ray, and thus ending up on the ground again. Damn those stones!

"Let us go, Ray, this is stupid for you to get involved." Kai turned to Tyson. "Listen to me," He said, grabbing him by the shoulders. "We're on the same side. Hilary is my FRIEND. Not my GIRLFRIEND."

"I wasn't with Kai," Hilary asserted, while Kai dodged another flurry of punches.

"Well, I knew this day would come," Hiro said, pensively. "It was only a matter of time before I figured you guys would end up fighting over girls."
"What's the big deal anyway?" Daichi asked.

"Right now," Max said, "I have to agree with you. Kai was never even interested in Hilary. They've just become friends. I think." Ray rolled his eyes.

"Kai isn't with Hilary, nor does he like her, like that," the boy confirmed. Hilary nodded.

"I can't believe you'd do something like that! If it wasn't Hilary, then what kind of slut was she? The tramp on the corner?"

There went Kai's temper. He slammed a fist into the champion's gut and sent him flying. "How dare you talk about her like that!"

"Kai, stop!" AJ came flying out of the house via the sliding glass door, but he wasn't listening. He picked Tyson up off the ground and sent another fist into his face. "It's not worth it!"

"That's what I want. Come on Kai, let's go." The two ended up on the ground, wrestling each other.
"Kai, come on!"

"Tyson, stop!" Hilary yelled at him, but she too was ignored. AJ wore the a pair of ripped up jeans and an orange shirt, her hair down, showing that she had just rolled out of bed.

"I thought they'd beyblade, not beat the crap out of each other." She watched them continue for a minute, then decided she'd had enough. "Are you going to stop them?" She asked the group, all of whom shook their heads.

"Are you asking us to give up our lives?"

"Suit yourself." AJ stormed off the deck, and onto the fresh grass in the backyard.

"AJ, come back here!" Hilary yelled. "They won't listen!"

"Phoenix." Kai stopped, and obviously, Tyson didn't. If AJ said the name she only used with him in private, then something big was going on. This probably counted as one of those times, he realized, along with the throbbing pain and blood trickling down his back.

There wasn't much time for him to think about that, because AJ had the bright idea to come in between him and Tyson. So, knowing there were few alternatives, especially since the girl was just released from the hospital, and her dad would kill him if something happened, Kai turned his back to Tyson, and wrapped his arms around AJ, who saw the other boy coming at her and froze. She clung to him tightly, and if he was correct, she was shaking in terror.

"I've got you," Kai said into her hair. She felt his breathing change as Tyson hit him, but he didn't move. "This is another of those things that you should never do again for both of our health."

She smiled and looked up at him. "Dumbass, you're the one fighting your best friend. For no reason." There were some cuts and brush burns on his back, stomach, and arms.

"What the hell is going on here?" Tyson asked, wiping away some of the blood on his face that had dripped from his lip, looking around Kai at the girl. "AJ? Why did you stop him?"

"Because you and Kai beating the shit out of each other isn't going to solve anything. We're on the same side."

"Why did you protect her?" Hiro asked.

"Kai is insensitive, not cruel. Think about it," Max said. Kai shrugged and picked up the long haired brunette, setting her down on the deck.
"Are you alright?" He asked her.
"You're bleeding," she said. "Not me." She looked up at his bruised cheek. "Lose any teeth?"

"Would you like to check?" She quirked an eyebrow and licked her lips. Like that, yes.

"Your friends are watching."

"I just fought Tyson. Let them watch." She rolled her eyes, and kissed him. A moment later, they parted and she licked her lips.

"What the heck was that?" Daichi asked. "Why did she just kiss him?"

Hiro slapped himself with his hand, bringing it up to cover his face.

"Nope, you didn't lose any teeth."
"That's good to know." Tyson watched the scene with great interest. "You mean to tell me that you were the one with him?"

She smiled sheepishly. "Well, yeah, that would be the other reason why you shouldn't fight. I don't need to be fought over." She smirked at Kai. "I've already been won."

"Now that was cheesy, too. You've been slipping up lately, Aud." He smirked at her, and she smiled dangerously.

"I'm telling the truth, Phoenix." The final word seemed to pull her lips in a different way, as she put emphasis on it.

"What the hell is a 'Phoenix?' And don't say the bird, I'm not stupid." The group looked at Daichi, who seemed to have a flaming temper at the moment.

"My boyfriend," AJ said. "You wouldn't know him. He isn't an asshole."

The brunette then grabbed Kai by the hand, pulling him inside. "That was brilliant," a voice said from inside, "They'll never guess."
"Shut up, Kai," AJ said darkly. "I can make you stay with them instead of me."
"You wouldn't."

"Watch me." There was a deadly silence, and a moment later, she spoke again, breathlessly. "Well, okay, so maybe I wouldn't."

"What just happened here?" Tyson asked.
"I think Kai just beat you to having a girlfriend." Max smiled as Tyson jumped onto the blonde American's shoulders. "Okay, sorry, I'm only telling the truth!"

Hilary looked over to Hiro. "She wasn't lying about what she said in the hospital. Kai would've kicked your ass."

"Just how long have you knew about this?"

"Since I went to Miami."
"And that was months ago. He's had a girl for this long and hasn't told us?"

"Well, it'll be a year in a few days, but hey, who's counting?"

"A YEAR?"

x x x

"Dranzer, let's go! Volcano Emission!" Kai's blue beyblade glowed eerily and the phoenix emerged. It had been a few hours since the whole issue in Hilary's backyard, but they were all wound up and ready for a battle.

"So that's why she calls him Phoenix," Hiro stated, plainly. Annoyance was present on his features.

"Would you chill out?" AJ asked, laying on her back, watching the battle. "It's not like we're all mushy, and it isn't my fault you're jealous of Kai," She said, focusing on the two friends battling.

"Dragoon, take him down! Galaxy storm!" A huge cyclone formed, extending toward the sky. Hilary cheered for Tyson, and Kai sent her a glare.

"Thanks a lot. Dranzer, come on!" Flames shot up the twister and AJ's eyes focused on the beast inside it.

"Can you see Dranzer?" Max asked, sprawled out next to her.

"Yeah." AJ shrugged. "I wish I could battle you guys."

"The doctor said that you couldn't until next week," Hilary said, concern flashing across her face. "Dickenson said he'd bench you for the season."

"Screw doctors," She said, pissed off. "And what Dickenson doesn't know won't hurt him." Kai and Tyson stopped their battle, and the captain approached her.
"I won't let you screw yourself," Kai said to her, as she backed away from the rest of the group, turning on her heel and walking inside.

"Screw you too," she muttered, through clenched teeth, once she was inside. Kai rolled his eyes.

"PMS?" Tyson asked. Kai turned and glared at him, meaner than usual, causing the champion to take a step back.

"Don't make me want to hurt you, Tyson. We've fought enough for the day." Tyson's hand went instinctively to the bruise on the side of his face.
"Point taken."

The girl re-emerged a moment later, clutching her beyblade. Kai pulled her into him. "I know you didn't just launch that beyblade, right?"
"No," she said softly. He sat down, with her on his lap. "I listened, don't worry."

"I have to worry, you're a chemical reaction waiting to occur."

"And you're the catalyst." He shrugged.

"Don't make me go into a New Found Glory song."

"You wouldn't. Not in front of them."

"Wanna bet?"

"Yes."

x x x
The Next Day:

Tyson walked by the living room, where Kai sat, polishing Dranzer. AJ wasn't with him, so the champion decided to interrupt.
"Are you busy?"

"Hn."

"I'll take that as a no." Tyson entered the room and sat down next to him, pulling out Dragoon. "How did you do it?"

"Do what?" In all reality, Kai had no idea what he was talking about.

"Get a girl?"

"You want advice for Hilary?"
"No! I don't like her!" Kai looked at him from the side.

"Max and Ray told me what Hilary said to you when she was asleep," Kai said aloud. Tyson looked at him, cheeks flushed from embarrassment.

"I'm gonna kill them!" Tyson ventured off into a rant about killing certain nameless team mates, whose names are above.

"Do you want my advice or not?"

"Wha?" Tyson looked up at Kai. "If you're offering..." He trailed off. "Okay, yeah," He confessed a moment later. "I want advice about Hilary."

x x x

"I want results!"

"Yes, sir."

"I'm serious Balkov, if I don't have one of them by the end of the week, it'll be your head!"

"Yes, sir." The Russian turned away from his boss and left the room, cursing viciously in his native language. If being evil didn't feel so empowering, he probably would've quit a long time ago. He passed into another room, full of children beybladers.

Then again, he thought, as a beyblade hit his left foot, it wasn't all bad.

"Michael?"

"Y-yes sir?"

"Let's go. I believe you know what the consequences are."

"Yes sir." The boy was barely ten, and his face and eyes had a striking look of hatred burned into them.

"And later," The man said, a smirk on his face, "You can do three hundred launches. You know how I don't enjoy being touched by something as impure as your beyblade."

"Yes sir."

x x x

Okay, so that was chapter nine. Okay? Not okay? Don't worry, I will get back to the plot next chapter, not this mindless Tyson going insane and Kai being completely AJ centric. Anywho, yeah, thanks so much for all your reviews, and I promise that the TyHil-ness that I'm sure you're all waiting for will be coming up.

Please Review!!!!
x3 Distant Storm