Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ These Things I'll Never Say ❯ These Things I'll Never Say ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter One: These things I’ll never say
Keri’s POV
His name? Kai. His job? Being resident asshole number one. Preferred past time? Making my life hell. Who am I you ask? Kahara Renolds or Keri as I’m normally called. As of now I'm in a glare with the Russian drunk with the others watching.
Who are they? Tyson, Max, Ray, Cheif, Hillary and Mina, Kai's sister. Even though they're siblings, they're nothing alike personality wise. Kai's a glaring human freezer and Mina's my best friend who I wreck havoc with whenever there's a chance. Which is like...always.
It's no real secret I like Kai and if he doesn't know, he's denser than Max and Tyson combined and that's overly dense. Why do I like him? For one thing, we both have hard pasts that haunt our sleep and fog our futures. Second, it's because you can trust his words, he never lies. Even when he betrayed the team twice, he always told us why. The first time it was for power, the second was so he could fight Tyson in an allout showdown.
Have Iever told Kai I like him? No and Mina's never told Max she likes him either. The day either one of us tells them, then the other will too. When would that be? At this point, never. We: a)Don't know if they feel the same; b) Kai woulds never feel the same and c) We're both too chicken to do so.
Running down the street in the middle of the night dressed as century children yelling "The british are coming, the british are coming!" is one thing. Telling Kai or Max we like them, is another completely different story. Mariah, Hillary and Emily won't admit they like Ray, Tyson or Cheif either so fair is fair. Except for the fact that we keep trying to play match maker with each other at various times, it's a never ending circle.
So back to the reason Kai and I are glaring at each other; we're fighting over what we should do. Kai wants to practice and I want to go to the new amusment park; the others want to go to but Kai's the captian. Anyway, time to start pursauading.
"We're going to the park" I tell him forcefully.
"We don'thave time for foolish rides and rigged games. The tournament's in two weeks. We should be practicing" he sneers while giving the 'Hiwatari-glare-of-ultimate-death' that most fear, except me.
"It's one damn day Kai, it won't kill you to have even an atom of fun" I tell him, getting closer to him with each sentence that passes between us.
"That's one more day of an advantage we'd have over our opponents" he continued and I scoffed.
"They're a bunch of amatures! Besides, all work and no play makes for very on edge teammates!" I shouted back at him, my face in his.
"All you do is play, that's why your bitbeast left you" he growled at me-wrong thing to say. I slammed him into the wall and glared at him with a burning fire in my eyes.
"We'll be at the nearby candt store. Bye!" Mina said as she and the others ran out, they'd seen this mood before, they know it's bad.
Kai's POV
Here I am slammed up against the wall, my stone cold eyes glaring into the goldnettes burning fire eyes. I knew it was going to be bad, but I really didn't care. Truth be told, she's a pain in my side. Always happy and random. Very random. But, that's one thin I like about her-she's got guts.
A while back, a picture of two century children was in the paper with the heading of the article being: 'Century Children From Past Claim British Invasion'. Upon closer inspection of the 'century childrens' faces, I determined that they were Keri and my sister Mina. The fact that Keri and Mina bought another paper just so they could both have a copy proved my theory.
Another thing about her is that she's modest about her beyblading skills and part-time job as a BBA official-she test all the latest equipment. I don't think the others could pull that off-not even Ray.
So here I am in the ultimate wrath of the girl I admire and you're wondering the inside story to what I said right? Back in the Turkish tournament, she had to face a person from her past-her older brother. He had toyed with her head, causing her to lose sight of the battle and her bitbeast Selene. After that, she was like a robot, not even Mina could snap her out of it. None of us knew what happened, but one day before we left Turkey, she bounded into the hotel room acting like her normal self telling us Selene was back.
"How dare you bring thatup" she growled in a low and dangerous voice.
"It's ture though. You spent more time searching for Atlantis of the coast then practicing so your brother caught you off guard!" I argued back just as dangerously.
"You have no idea what he even said! How would you like it if I brought your past?" she questioned and I stopped to think. Would I really want all that stuff brought up to me at all, never mind at a beybattle? No, I suppose I wouldn't but this girl's never told us a thing about her past making her a mystewry in a sense.
"Your past isn't even known, so how am I to know how fucking bad it is?" I retored and her grip lightened, I believ I struck a different nerve.
Keri's POV
Did Kai always have to have a point? I've never discussed my past and they're never brought it up, so how would he know I wasn't lying. I let go of him, dropping my arms as I adverted my gaze to the floor. I heard him move and felt a hand lift my chin so I met his gaze.
"I ran away when I was ten, it was too much. They always faught between each other and I was caught in the middle" I told him quietly , my eyes avoiding his. "I was found by Judy two months later. When I explained everything to her to her, she took me under her care. She and Emily taught me everything they knew and I picked it up quickly, combining their knowledge with my blading technique. I soon became the best, even better than Emily. This is all I intend top tell you" I told him, glaring into his emotionless eyes.
Kai's POV
I didn't know what to say. Even though it was a shortened version, I could only imagine what she went through. I now Understood why she was mad, but only faintly. It was either too horrible to talk about, or she didn't trust me that much, which I found odd. I knew she liked me, she usually showed it, but how could she if she didn't trust me? Then again, she might not give her heart to me unless she knows that she has mine. Neither one of us has admitted that we like each other in actualwords and me being me, I didn't show my feelings.
"Kai?" a gentle voice says, snapping me out of my thoughts.
I stare at the soft honey-brown eyes looking at me with...concern? Was she actually worried?
"What?" I asked her in my normal, cold tone and instantly regreted it. Her concern was replaced by a look of hurt. It pained me to see that look on her beautiful face, that look I've only seen twice before. When she lost her bitbeast and when Mina was sick.
"I'm sorry for bothering you, I'll just leave you to your thoughts" she said, her eyes casted to the floor as she goes to leave. I wanted to shout 'Don't go!' but I found myself unable to.
Both POV
There's so much I want to say but no words will come to my mouth. I think you're special and even if I never tell you this, I want you to know some how that I love you. These are the things I'll never say until I know without a doubt that you'll say them back. Then, I'll be happy knowing we're together but fo now it remains as these things I'll never say.