Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ These Things I'll Never Say ❯ Watching Over Me ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapters are written in one-shot formats. This takes place a week and a half after These things I'll never say and all thoughts Kai had were buried...again.
Chapter Two: Watching over me
Kai's POV
I sit staring at the abandoned grassy fields I often find myself in, high in a tree where I can't be seen. That is, unless it's her. She is the most annoying person not related to Tyson I have ever met. Never allowing me a moments peace, even if I cart her outside the room and lock the door. She's still there! Yet, no matter how insane she drives me in my mind, I feel the urge to protect her. It's confusing in a way, how she drives me to my breaking point and I still want to protect the one pushing all the buttons. I think I'm under too much stress from consistent practice and little sleep. Why else would I protect the nuisance? Unless...no! I do not, will not and will never go there! It was a mistake what I was thinking earlier. Though, a small part of me says it's true, but I'll kiss the floor while Mina takes a picture before I ever admit it aloud. Speak of the she-devil now.
"Kai, don't you ever socialize?" she asks, honey-brown orbs baring into my crimson ones.
"Don't you ever know when to quit?" I say, answering her question with one of my own.
"I don't even know what the word means!" she shouted up to me and I sighed, It was true, she didn't.
That girl is as stubborn as they came, never knowing when to let things go and I'm usually the one having to intervine. Tyson's too slow, Max's too dense, Chief’s too distracted, Hillary's just Hillary and Ray's normally 0.5 seconds behind me.
"Apparently not. What do you want?" I asked her in a bitterly, but she always ignored my tone. She'd gotten too used to it by now.
"To tell you we're heading to Egypt tomorrow. The plane leaves at noon!" she said, smiling with every word before heading away.
At last, some peace and...'Shriek!'...quiet. I jumped swiftly down from the tree, running towards the cry that was obviously hers. I reach where she is and my eyes widen, he's come back.
"Can't you ever just go the fuck away Chris?" she yells at him, her blade, Selene, prepped for battle.
"Is that any way to treat your brother, sis?" he asks her, laughing insanely.
"Half-brother, and it's definatly not by choice either. I blame you asshole drunk of a father" she sneered, her knuckles turning white as she continued to grip her launcher.
Keri was like Chaya, a hated parent and sibling. Except, Keri only had the one half-sibling while Chaya had a twin brother, Max and a younger sister.
"You just can't admit your mother's a slut that got knocked-up on a one-night stand. That and the fact you've only got one parent while I've got dad and Cheryl" Chris said, egging her on further to the point where she was about to kill the bastard.
I'm confused, which is rare. Did this mean that after Keri ran away, her father and mother divorced, her father got remarried to Cheryl? I thought Chris was older than her by two years. This is really confusing, I'll ask about it later.
"Renee isn't a slut so don't call her that! The only reason Jack got her in bed was because he got her drunk after talking about her problems with Dean. Besides, I didn't like Dean anyway" she said and lost it, yanking the rip cord so hard that the launcher almost broke.
Never mind, I have the answer now and I also know not to bring the subject up either. Her attacks were wild and unfocused and her eyes were...slits? Hong on a second. Only neko-jins, ookami-jins and kitsune-jins could do that and as far as anyone knows, she's neither. That, or she hides it pretty well, like everything else.
"You're finished little sis. You beat me once, but it won't happen again. This battle's over" Chris told Keri who stared in shock at the blade that was aimed for her directly.
"Not yet! Dranzer!" I said, launching my blade so it collided with his.
"Kai? What the fuck?" Keri stammered as she looked at me, but I kept my attention on the battle at hand.
"So, the mighty Kai is protecting my sister, you've grown soft" Chris taunted me but I ignored him, making sure he didn't get a break to kill Keri was all that mattered.
"I don't appreciate it when someone threatens my team. Only I can do that, Dranzer Blazing Gigs Tempest!" I cried and my blade shattered his, fear now creeping into his eyes.
"I suggest you stay away from Keri from this point on, unless you'd like to end up like your blade" I told him emotionlessly and he said something in their native tongue to Keri before sprinting away.
Her eyes lock with mine, fear rippling through them every few seconds. She knew that I knew and she wasn't going to talk to me for awhile now, just like the last time. Even if it was the shortened version she had told me, she had avoided me for three days after wards, it'd be much longer this time. Her eyes left mine as she went to get Selene and I turned my back to her.
"Wait" I heard her say as I started to walk away. I turned and looked at her as she tried to say something.
"I'm not saying that I'm trilled you know more of my history than I'd like you to, but I'm glad it caused you to stay and step in when I needed you. I'm not sure if you're going to or not, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't say anything to the others about any of this" Keri said to me, her eyes on her blade as if ashamed to look me in the eye.
"It's non of my business to disclose personal information about the teammates to others. Be warned though, if this information can be used against a threat not aimed at you, then I'll be forced to take appropriate action. Another thing, if you don't want anyone to know, find a reason for that gash in your arm" I tell her and she looks at the arm in question briefly before looking up at me with a quirked smile.
"Thanks sunshine, that's all I needed to know" she says and I start walking away again.
"Except, you do have a soft spot for me, don't you?" I hear her muse in a vindictive voice and I whip my head around, catching the mischievous flash in her eyes and a tell-tale grin on her lips.
"You're dead Renolds" I growl and she takes off laughing through the forest. I swear, it's as if she reads minds, hold that thought. Selene has a cats-eye onthe band of her crown-thing, she'd the one that's psychic! I pick up my pace and tackle her onto the forest floor. She continues laughing as I stare her down, noticing the point in her ears and the incisor canines for the first time.
"Kai, I was only teasing. You make it seem like it's true" she sayd through her laughter but stops when I touch her ear.
"Oh, right sorry. I'm a kitsune-jin like my mom" she says, answering the unspoken question.
That means the Bladebreakers have all three 'types' on the team. Ray being a nekojin, Tyson's cousin Chi being a ookami-jin with Tyson only slightly one and now Keri being a kitsune-jin.
"As long as you don't bite me, I'm fine with it" I say and she laughs again.
"Aw, is littleikley Kaikins afwaid to hawf a mateie-watie?" she asks in a babyish voice and I scowl.
It's not the fact of having a mate that bugs me than the factI'm not doing the biting. Or, I could bite her anyway for the hell of it. I sunk my teeth into the base of her neck just to spite her.
"Ow! Shit! Kai!" she yelled and I pulled away, she looked shock at the fact I bit her hard enough to draw blood.
"Kai, what are you?" she asked me and I looked at her curiously until I saw that only the kanines had punctured the skin.
I looked at her and I realized one thing, I'd now have to watch over her. I'd marked her as my mate unknowingly and it was in the code to protect the mate since enemies would visibly know that they could weaken your defenses by causing your mate harm.
Great, now I'm stuck watching over the nuisence 24/7 and having to marry her when we get older, This is not my day and I should kill whoever wrote this because now I have the urge to kiss her too. I honest to kami should kill the writer.
"Kai? Are you okay?" Keri asks me and I nodded, oh well, might as well get the urge over with.
I press my lips against hers, suprising her but she doesn't fight me, she kissess back. It's as though she's wanted to do this for a while too, but didn't want to risk it. Oh well, all that matters is that through this mishap, Keri belongs to me and I can finally tell her everything I couldn't before. I know the others will have to fess up now too and I have a feeling the girls are in the same boat, This will be one amusing show to watch as I'm watching over Keri from now 'till forever.