Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ These Things I'll Never Say ❯ Fessing Up ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3: Fessing up
Keri's POV
I just told Mina. She's out for my blood and is busting my ear drums.
"HOW COULD YOU TELL KAI YOU LIKE HIM WITHOUT CONSULTING THE COUNCIL OF CHOBITS?" she yelled at me as I covered my ears.
The Council of Chobits is what us girls had decided to call ourselves because 3:6 members were '-jins' and all our minds put together are like a computer when we plan mischeif. It may also be because Tyson's cousin's name is Chi, which is cute and funny at the same time. That, and we all read Chobits manga and like the name, it was better than anything our weird minds could come up with.
"I only told him after he told me so it's fair the rest of you fess up. This includes Chi telling Tala she likes him, so stop busting apart my ears!" I shouted at her, though not in a mean way and she stopped being hysterical.
"One of these days I'm going to let scientists use you for an experiment and then maybe someone can figure out what's going on in that head of yours" she says, pacing back and forth before flopping down on the couch.
Oh kami, she's got that lokk again, she's gonna ask me about Kai.
"So, how was it?" she asks suddenly and I look at her confused.
"What are you talking about?" I asked her, hoping to lie my way through this topic.
"You know exactly what I'm talking about so don't try to avoid the subject!" she said and I tried to back slowly out of the room.
"So here you are, we've been looking for you" Maxi said as he and the others came into the room.
"We've heard an intresting rumor, we wanted to know if it was true" Cheif said, their eyes flickering over to my neck every few seconds.
"Um, I know nothing" I said but this got Mina curious since I hadn't exactly told her about the bite.
"Don't play games Keri, did Kai bite you or not?" Rayasked me up front, I don't think he's very happy.
"Not really" I muttered and found myself suddenly looking into Ray's eyes which had become slits. Okay. Why's he so angry with me?
"He didn't do it purposly! He had no idea he'd end up marking me like you or I would!" I yelled, this was really starting to piss me off.
"That's odd, I didn't think Kai had any traits of the bit of ookami blood in him. My ears are only very slightly pointed and Kai's never shown any sign of his inheritence" Mina said, putting us into a state of awkward silence.
"Uh Mina? You've known this for how long?" I asked her and she thought on it.
"About ten years. Why?" she asks, curious to what I'm getting at.
"And you've known me for how long?" I continue, ignoring the others at this point.
"About four years" she answers and I nod.
"So tell me exactly why of those four out of ten years that you've known me, you couldn't let your best friend in on the oh-so-important fact that you're an ookami-jin" I asked her, trying to keep from yelling.
"I didn't think it was important. Besides, we have a meeting with the Council of Chobits in5 minutes online. You can break the news to them" Mina said before bounding off towards our room.
"Counicl of Chobits?" the group asked with a raised eyebrow. Ray forgetting his anger.
"I'm not gonna tell you anything" I said and went to my room where Mina was logging on. This is our conversation:
Chi and Hideki...Chi!- Hey guys, it's time to initiate Chays
Mischief is my name, annoying Kai is my game- After which Keri's got something to share
Blonde Hyp- Whoa, I can't wait
Pretty in Pink- You were born impaitent
Super genius Chick- lol
Sly Fox- I, Fox doth sayith that dondame Chaya, is here byth initiated in thine Council of Chobits. All who agreith say Aye!
Chi and Hideki...Chi!- Aye
Brunettes of the world unite against evil scientists- Aye
Super genius Chick- Aye
Mischief is my name, annoying Kai is my game- Aye
Pretty in Pink- Aye
Sly Fox- Congradulations Chays, welcome to the Council of Chobits. I gtg cause Maxi just found my stash. Ciao mes amiga.
Mischief is my name, annoying Kai is my game- Oh no you don't you still haven't...
I logged off and ran like hell as Mina yelled my name.
"Keri, what's Mina yelling for?" Tyson asked and I shrugged, I decided to play innocent.
"I have no idea. Ask her yourself" I told him, walking around him innocently before bolting out the door.
'Whack!' I'm on the ground with a blurred figure looking down at me.
"One of these days you'll run into someone holding a knife out" the sarcastic voice of Kai told me as I got up off the floor.
"Eh, that's why I got you sunshine" I said and he looked at me weirdly and at Ray who was back to being pissed.
"Kai, we need to talk" he told the sicotic blader in front of me.
I slipped out of the suite, I don't think Ray's just gonna talk about what was up. I pitty Ray, Kai'll knock him out if it's that bad that Ray can't be calmed down. I got to the elevator and the last thing I heard was Ray yelling at Kai.
"What the hell were you thinking Marking her Kai? Do you realise the danger you've put her in? Any jin will smell your scent upon her even if she tries to hide it!"
Um, so that's how Ray knew and that's why he's pissed. I walked into the lobby and then outside into the cold of Austria, the birth place of Hitler. One thing about war: If you sleep through the battles, you're gonna lose. Anyway, I'm just gonna grab a coffee and then head back. Hopefully, Ray's still in one piece when I do get back and Mina's not around.
Wishful thinking doesn'tgrant wishes, it just gives a false sense of security. I'm back in the suite and it's a little crazy. Hillary and Cheif are fussing over Ray while Max, Tyson and Mina are trying to guilt trip the wall that is Kai. The living room now looks like WW3 broke out in it.
"Do I want to know?" I asked Ray who gave a wise-ass grin.
"I don't think so, but you'll ask anyway" he told me as Cheifgave him an ice-pack for his head.
"Good point. So tell me whiskers, why does our living room look like WW3 hit?" I asked our fine furry neko-jin.
"You already know why, there's no point worrying about the details" Kai said, interrupting whatever Ray was about to say.
"ThanksKai but it was Ray I was asking" I told him and he left the room.
"I'm almost afraid to think what you're married life will be like" Tyson said and I glared at him as he ran and hid behind Maxi.
"Tyson, shut up. That's one of the reasons Ray's with Kai" Mina said as we saw the flash of anger shimmering in Ray's eyes.
"Since when did you become my brother?" I asked the bandana wearing teen.
"Always have been, you just never realised it" he said, uh huh like I really need another one.
"Okay then, I think I'm going to go get vice-cream. Lets go Mina, the guys have to clean up ground-zero here" I said and the guys gapped at the horror in front of them as my slate-haired compadre and I left.
Mmmm, chocolate. No wonder the church thinks it's sinful, only someone with knowlede could invent such a divine treat.
"I'm in heaven. I love European ice-cream" Mina said as she ate her choco-strawberry ice-cream and I nodded.
"There you two are. How could you leave us with that mess back there?" Tyson yelled, but it didn't faze us. We were too used to Tyson's hot-headed temper.
"Simple. You guys trashed it, so you guys fix it" I told the navy-haired idiot that was now drooling for ice-cream.
"No way in hell! Go buy your own" Mina said as Tyson's eyes flickered over to her cone.
"Aw, come on. Just a bit" Tyson whined at us but we refused to let him near them.
"Quit pestering them Tyson and go buy your own" Maxi told his bey-buddy who immediatly took off to the shop.
"Tyson! Wait up!" Cheif said and the trioran after the speeding bullet named Tyson.
I turned back in the direction we were heading and as I went to take another lick of my ice-cream, it vanished out of my hand.
"What the fuck?" I exclaimed and looked over at Mina who nodded behind me. I spun around to see scarf-boy eatting my ice-cream. I just about lost it.
"What are you doing?" I asked him as I watched my chocolatey treat disappear before my eyes.
"I didn't know you needed help with the obvious, I thought you were more intelligent than Tyson" he answered in his dead-panned voice.
"I knowyou're eatting my ice-cream, but I don't know why you stole mine" I told him as my come completely vanished into the cavern of Kai's mouth.
That's it, he's gonna pay for stealing my ice-cream! No one steals my ice-cream and getsaway with it, not even Kai. Hahahahaha, insane mind laughter rules!