Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Torn: Love and Revenge? ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Standard Disclaimers Apply; oh yah and it's a Yoai.

Rei remembered it like it was yesterday. The day he'd almost died and the day he started dating Kai. It was the saddest and happiest day of his life.

~ Things just wouldn't go his way that day. He kept being reminded of his past that was usually so easy to put in the back of his mind. Then everyone thought they could help, even thought they didn't know the problem. All he wanted was time to himself, and he pissed of everyone. He didn't mean to but he didn't think it was any of their business why he was upset, and they wouldn't leave him alone. He couldn't even get alone in his own hotel room. `Damn those extra keys. How'd Kenny get mine anyway? Oh well, can't take it away now.' He had the perfect solution, though, to being alone. Death. No one could bother him if he were dead. He'd made up his mind and bought himself a small hunting knife. It was simple enough to conceal from the rest of the Blade Breakers and when they went to sleep he knew he'd have a plenty of time. They wouldn't suspect a thing and when they came looking for him in the morning, it would be too late.

He'd almost gotten away with it too. Had it not been for Kai butting in. Rei wasn't sure how or why all he knew was at midnight there was a knock on his door.

`Dam it!' Rei thought to himself. `Now who's here? I can't even be alone in the middle of the night? What am I five?' He didn't say a word in hopes whoever was out there would just leave. That didn't work. He heard the knocking again then he heard Kai's voice. "Rei I know you're in there. If you don't answer me before I count to ten I'm breaking the door. I don't care what your doing' in there." `Kai?' Rei pondered; `Why was Kai here and why did he sound so concerned?' "One" He knew that he couldn't bleed to death fast enough. "Two." `I have to cover it, before he gets in.' "Three." `Wait why bother.' "Four." `Because they'd call you suicidal and pity you and you'll never get alone time.' "Five." `Where are the bandages?' "Six." "Oh umm… Just a second I'll be right out." That bought him a little more time he'd have to finish what he started later.

He grabbed a few red bandanas and tied then over the wounds, then threw on a long sleeve shirt in hopes that Kai wouldn't notice. He let Kai in and made it appear as if he had just been woken up.

"Oh Uh, Sorry for waking you Rei I …Well I…"

"You what? Just tell me Kai. You what?"

"Never mind, it's not important" and Kai quickly turned to walk away.

"God dam it Kai what is your problem?" Rei snapped while grabbing his arm. "You had to of had some kind of reason for coming here, so what the hell did you want?"

"Truthfully?" Rei Glared at him. "Well, I had a feeling, a feeling that something was wrong. I can't explain it, it was just a feeling." Kai said with out looking up from the ground. Then he jerked his arm way from Rei and noticed his grip was extremely weak. Then his eye was attracted to the bulge under Rei's sleeve and the small red stain that was forming. " Umm, Rei? What's on your arm? Are you ok?"

"Oh it's nothing." Kai saw right through him. Kai immediately removed the bandages and properly cared for Rei's wounds. Then they sat on the bed talking. Before they knew it, it was morning and Rei had confessed everything. Even his love for Kai which he swore he'd never admit to, but to his surprise Kai felt the same way and from then on they were almost inseparable.~

That day had ended so perfect and Life had been great up until now. Sure that time was only six months ago but Kai had changed so much. Or maybe Rei had changed and not noticed. Whatever it was Rei couldn't handle it. He and Kai used to do everything together. They battled, ate ice cream in the park, and even went shopping a few times, but things suddenly changed.

"It's got to be in my head" Rei told himself. "Kai doesn't hate me. If he hated me he would tell me right? Kai's not one to play games, but then why is he being so mean. Just a week ago he would have happily joined me on this walk, and the constant fights, it seems like everything I do is wrong to him now. No! STOP! I'm over reacting. Kai Loves me. He's said so plenty of times, right?"