Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Two Loves, One Heart ❯ Hilary ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Loves, One Heart
Chapter One: Hilary
 
xXx
 
Howdy! This time I'd think I should try a Beyblade fic! Of course it's not going to be all about the Bit Beasts and all that. It's a romance! Hilary and who? You'll just have to find out. Do the Beyblade characters have Japanese names? Because I would feel more comfortable using them. (That's the way I am with YuGiOh) If you know what they are, will you please e-mail me or something and tell me?
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Beyblade or anything else mentioned in this story. (btw, I made up their last names)
 
Now, what else to say but, ON WITH THE FICCIE!! ::dun dada duuun::
 
xXx
 
Hilary Yamazaki opened her chocolate brown eyes and sat up in bed. She yawned and stared at the digital clock on the side of her bed. The large red numbers read 7:52. Suddenly, she shot up and stood beside her bed, “No! I'm gonna be late!” She rushed and got her new uniform out of her closet. Slipping it on as she made her way into the kitchen, she grabbed a brush and began to brush her short, dark brown locks.
 
She then grabbed her roller blades and slipped them on and slid out her apartment door and into the elevator alongside a very snobby looking woman. “Young lady, you aren't supposed to skate in here…”
 
Hilary wasn't listening and as the doors opened she slid out of them as fast as she could and skated into the lobby. “Man, my first day of a new school and I'm gonna be late…” She muttered as she skated out of the rotating doors and onto the street.
 
Her uniform consisted of a short navy blue pleated sailor skirt and a top with a navy blue sailor collar and a purple tie in the front. She carried her shoes in her backpack and suddenly began to go even faster.
 
She didn't even realize she had bumped into someone until she fell on her bottom on the ground. “Ow…” She muttered, rising up to her feet and nearly skidding backwards on her skates.
 
“Watch where you're going.” A sharp voice snapped, causing Hilary to wince.
 
“Um, I'm sorry,” She muttered, the guy turned around. Immediately, she saw the intensity in his eyes and got a shiver down her spine. He had grayish silver hair with blue roots. He wore a navy blue uniform for boys. But the one thing that Hilary couldn't get out of her mind were those harsh crimson eyes.
 
“Are you the new girl at Meio High?” He asked, quirking a brow at this girl.
 
“Yes, how did you know?” She smiled, “I'm pretty sure I've never seen you around before.”
 
“Everyone knows about the new transfer student,” He rolled his eyes. “What's your name?”
 
”H-Hilary…Hilary Yamazaki,” She skated over to him. “What's yours?”
 
“Kai Hiwatori.” He said simply and began to walk away.
 
“Hey, wait!” Hilary began to follow him, “Do you mind if I walk to school with you? I mean since we're all going to the same place anyway.”
 
“Whatever, just don't bother me,” He said crisply.
 
Hilary smiled, `Kai…he seems kind of rough around the edges, but I'll try to make friends with him!'
 
xXx
 
“Class…” The teacher, Mrs. Moto said, motioning to Hilary. “This is your new classmate, Hilary Yamazaki.”
 
“Hello, everyone,” Hilary smiled, the teacher motioned to a seat.
 
“Please take a seat next to Rei,” Mrs. Moto said dully, pointing to a boy with long black hair tied back into a low ponytail and golden eyes. As Hilary walked over to her desk, she saw the judgmental glances at her by every girl and some of the boys in the class, especially by one particular girl with short black hair.
 
Feeling a little bit like an outcast, she sat in the desk across from the boy called Rei. `Wow, these people sure are critical,' She thought, looking up at the clock and wishing that lunch would come.
 
Suddenly, she found a paper note being thrown at her, “Huh?” She questioned, opening it and gazing inside. The note read:
 
Little Miss Yamazaki, you'd better stay away from Rei!
 
`What the-?' She was cut out of her thoughts by the teacher saying, “A note?!” Mrs. Moto snatched the paper away from her. “Stand in the hall until lunch time, Miss Yamazaki!”
 
Hilary protested, “B-But I…”
 
“No, buts!”
 
“Ugh…” She sighed as she walked out the door and shut it.
 
Leaning against the brick wall, she sighed and sank to the ground. “Looks like my school experience at Meio High has become sour.”
 
“What'd you do?” A voice said gruffly. Hilary looked up only to be met with crimson eyes and a mess of dark blue hair.
 
“Huh? Uh, I got caught with a note,” Hilary said, “Some girl passed it to me, it said: Little Miss Yamazaki, you'd better stay away from Rei!
 
“Ooohh,” The guy seemed to understand, “I got sent out here for putting a frog in the teacher's sandwich…”
 
Hilary began to laugh, “Seriously? That must've been funny!” She smiled up at him.
 
“I'm Tyson Kanbara,” The boy said, smiling back at her, “What's your name?”
 
“Hilary Yamazaki.”
 
“Oh, you're that new girl,” Tyson said, sitting down beside her, “You probably didn't know about Rei.”
 
“What about him?” She asked looking over at him.
 
“Heh, lucky dog, he has chicks swarming all around him,” Tyson laughed, “They call themselves the “Reimates”, it's kind of a pun on Playboy's “Playmates” I guess. But they're obsessed with poor Rei,” He placed his hand on Hilary's head, “Probably realized that they have a little competition now,”
 
“Eh?” Hilary muttered just as a bell rang.
 
“There's the bell for lunch.” Tyson said, rising to his feet, “You're welcome to sit with me and Max if you want to,” And with that he walked away.
 
xXx
 
Hilary carried her tray and walked down the lunch line, picking out a few food items that looked good and setting them on it. She walked down to the tables and saw Tyson and a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes sitting at a booth in the back. “Yo, Hilary, over here!” Tyson called out.
 
`I guess I have my first friend…' Hilary thought, smiling and walking over to the booth. She sat down on the empty side and looked at the two, “Thanks for saving me a seat,” She smiled.
 
“No problem,” Tyson said, “Oh, this is Max,” He pointed to the blonde, who grinned.
 
“Hello, I'm Hilary.” She said, taking a bite out of her apple.
 
Suddenly, a boy with very long sea green hair and the same color eyes rushed up to booth and plopped down next to her. “Hey, Tyson,” He panted.
 
“Hey, Zeo,” Tyson said, he pointed to Hilary, “This is the new girl, Hilary,” He said, “Hilary, this is Zeo, another object of the girls' affection.”
 
“Um, hi,” She said.
 
“Rei, Kai, over here!” Tyson yelled over to two boys who were looking for a place to sit.
 
“Kai…” Hilary muttered in wonder.
 
“Do you know Kai?” Zeo asked her.
 
“I literally bumped into him on the way to school this morning.” She laughed.
 
Max scooted over and let Kai and Rei sit down beside him. Kai took one look at Hilary and said, “Oh, it's you,”
 
“Hi, Kai!” She exclaimed, “How're you?”
 
Kai rolled his eyes, while Rei just smiled, “So, Hilary, how do you like it here?”
 
“It's fine,” Hilary didn't want to tell him about the note so she just kept her mouth shut. “Oh, look, dessert!” She said, “Excuse me, Zeo,” She got out and walked over to the dessert stand and took out a piece of chocolate cake.
 
“Hilary,” A voice called. The brunette turned around to face a girl with short black hair and brown eyes, “How would you like to sit with us?”
 
“Um, I was sitting with Tyson, Kai, Rei, Zeo and Max,”
 
“That's the problem!” The girl said, “Do you know who I am?!”
 
“No.”
 
“Well, I'm Tsukiko Yanahara, but everyone calls me Queen, because I am `queen'!”
 
“Um, okay,” Hilary said, getting her cake and walking away.
 
“Don't you walk away from me, you little bitch!” Queen yelled at her, causing her eyes to widen.
 
Everyone in the lunchroom stared at the two girls, tears started to form in Hilary's eyes. Queen began to laugh almost wickedly. Tyson stood up from the table, followed by Kai and Rei, and began to walk toward Queen.
 
Hilary couldn't take it; she burst into tears and ran from the lunchroom, dropping her cake along the way.
 
She ran as far as she could onto the school campus outside and sat down on a bench beside a tree. “My first day of school has turned out to be a nightmare…” She muttered sadly, burying her face in her hands. `How did today become like this?' She thought as she continued to cry. Then a hand was placed on her shoulder, she jerked up and her head hit someone. “Oww…” She said, clutching her sore head.
 
“I was gonna say `Are you okay?' but I guess you answered that for me,” The person said, touching his chin where Hilary had hit him, “Hilary, you can come back to the lunchroom now,” He said, kneeling in front of her. The brunette looked up to be met with a pair of kind golden eyes.
 
“R-Rei…” Hilary trailed off. “I-I can't…”
 
He put his hand on her shoulder, “Tyson told Queen off, I could've sworn he was gonna knock her out because he is the bad-ass in the class,”
 
Hilary giggled and wiped away her tears, “You just rhymed, that was funny.”
 
Rei clasped Hilary's hand, “C'mon, let's go back to the lunchroom,” He smiled warmly at Hilary, “I'm sure no one is going to hurt you.”
 
Hilary felt her face heat up and turned away, “Okay, Rei,” She grinned happily.
 
xXx
 
Hilary and Rei walked to the table where Kai and the others were sitting. She sat down beside Zeo and Max. Rei sat down beside Kai and Tyson. “You're lucky, Hilary,” Max said, “I thought Tyson was about to kill Queen, he's very protective of his friends,”
 
Hilary looked over to Tyson, “F-Friend?” She asked in awe.
 
“Yeah, you're our friend, what else would you be?” Tyson said, ruffling a bit of Hilary's hair.
 
Hilary only smiled in reply.
 
xXx
 
That's the end of chapter one, I hope I didn't make the events happen too fast or anything. I know usually Tyson and Hilary fight, but this is different because I felt like writing something different from my usual animes like Yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Fruits Basket, and YuGiOh. I'm sure everyone has encountered the mean girls of their school if they're like me. (a lot of people have been mean to me before…A LOT!)
 
Just think of Queen and the other “Reimates” as “The Plastics” from Mean Girls. Who would you like to see Hilary with? I've narrowed it down to Tyson, Rei, or Kai, but there will be plenty of twists along the way, so prepare!
 
So, please press that button over there and review so I can continue with this story.
 
Bye!
 
xXx