Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Vanilla Girl's Story of a Nobody ❯ Location and Timing ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Beyblade. I do own Vanilla, Mr. Smith, and Mrs. Whatserface.
 
Note: My computer is being gay, so I can guarantee you there will be mistakes that I've missed during editing. Oh, and I'm really sorry it took so long for me to update; I'm running out of ideas, people. And I've been busy with school; I'll try to update every week, though.
 
Vanilla Girl's Story of a Nobody
By: VenusIsKnownForFlyTraps
 
There are two things I've noticed that a lot of people talk about nonstop: location and timing.
 
Everyone and anyone that's even ever seen a business knows the phrase “Location, location, location!” And let me tell you, there must be a bunch of businesses out there.
 
“Location, location, and lo-ca-tion!” OMG would he ever shut up!? “As you all know, location is the very essence of what makes a business good or not. It also effects how many people come to your business. Now, location—it's a very important thing, as any businessman can assure, but, then again, the product your selling is also just as important. Well, maybe not as important, but still very important.”
 
Do you know what…? I think—and I might be wrong here—that location is important. I know! `Such a crazy thought, Vanilla!' or `Don't talk crazy talk, Vanilla!' is in order here.
 
Fortunately for me and the other students that were having their brains fried, the bell rung just at that moment. Finally! Enough lost brain cells for today. “Oh, and students!” Mr. Smith (what a generic name…), the business class teacher announced before people could hurtle out of the door, “Don't forget to come to the big business meeting tonight!”
 
If I was a lesser person I might have unsheathed a long list of profanity.
 
So anyway, I managed to get to the other side of the hallway—the side where the flow and jostle pushed to the left of the school. One time I was unfortunate enough to be in the line right in-between the two sides. I'll never do that again. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the hottest boy I'd ever seen…in the middle of the two sides.
 
I pushed myself to the middle and let myself fall back in the side closer to the business room, getting to the part where the boy was. I got a grip on his upper right and wheeled him around, into the side I had been in before. `Cause you know what? I really don't care if he had to go the other way or not.
 
Saying he was gorgeous would have been an understatement. He had a slightly darker shade of red hair than mine that was spiked slightly in the back. He also had these piercing ice blue eyes… Boy, if looks could kill.
 
“You don't want to be caught in the middle,” I called back to him over the roar of the hallway. “Last time I was in the middle I was out of school for a week.” He didn't answer, but I knew he was still there because I still had a firm grip on him muscular arm and was dragging him along with me. Oh, he's so cute! “My names Vanilla, what's your name?”
 
“TalaValcov,” he replied. Wait…the Tala Valcov!? Wasn't I supposed to show him around school?
 
“Sorry about before,” --and that was all I said for the rest of the day. After all, I am a mute.
 
~~Tala's POV (10 minutes before)~~
 
They say that timing is everything, but I never knew it was that important.
 
“It's all in the timing, everyone. If you time even one little teeny tiny thing even a millisecond wrong you could lose a limb…or die! Oh, but wouldn't that be FUN!? So anyway, back to timing.” Who is she again? “Without the correct timing we would all just be a bunch of barbaric baboons!” Does she know she has chocolate pudding all over her face? “What you're doing isn't important—only the timing.”
 
5…4…3…2…1…BRING BRING!!
 
When the bell had finally rung I hopped up and calmly raced for the door (though it's a mystery how), ready to barrel it down if it wasn't open. “Oh, students!” NOOOOOOO!!!! “Don't forget to bring your books tomorrow!”
 
I got into the hallway.
 
Oh…. My…. God…
 
It reminded me of a sea...or the highway. I saw that on my side everyone was going right, and on the other side everyone was going left. Why oh why did I have to go left? Do you hate me God? So I ventured out, trying to push and run past everyone going to the right, but failed miserably when I reached the cross road in-between the two lanes. The people knocked me around in a circle, not even caring or noticing that I would be late if this kept up.
 
I suddenly felt a strong grip on my upper arm and I was dragged into the lane going left. Finally somebody saved me!
 
The color drained from my face.
 
It was Vanilla.
 
“You don't want to be caught in the middle,” she called back to me over the roar of the hallway's car-like crowd. “Last time I was in the middle I was out of school for a week.” What was I supposed to say? I was about to say `I see why', but she cut me off.
 
“My names Vanilla, what's your name?”
 
“TalaValcov,” I replied. What class did she come from? She definitely wasn't in `Daredevils for Dummies' with Mrs. Whatserface; I'd checked. Wait…how'd I even get in it? I didn't even pick any courses…
 
“Sorry about before,” --and that was all she said for the rest of the day. After all, she was a mute.