Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Watching You ❯ Watching You ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own anything that pertains to Beyblade. If I did, Kai would be tied up on my bed and used for my own pleasure. *sigh* Oh well…OH WAIT!! I do own Katie. No one take her!
 
She was watching him again. That's all she ever did now a days. Everywhere he went, her eyes followed. She couldn't help it. The way he moved, with his confident swagger, sent chills up her spine.
“You're doing it again,” a voice behind her whispered, startling her from her thoughts. She turned about, glaring fiercely into the face of a laughing neko-jin. His amber eyes sparkled with amusement. Something that made her want to smack him hard.
“Come on Katie, you know better then to stare at him. I'm surprised he hasn't yelled at you for it yet.”
Katie shook her head softly, her soft, lavender hair draping over her face. The curtain hid the piercing violet orbs that where now filled with sadness. Katie glanced at her companion and sighed.
“He'll never love me, will he Rei?” she asked. The boy gawked in surprise. He knew that she was interested in their captain, but never had he thought that she was in love with him.
“You know Kai Katie,” Rei began, “he never shows emotion. I'm not even sure he knows how to love.”
The moment the words came from his mouth he instantly regretted them. The violet eyes directed at him blackened with rage.
“How dare you Rei Kon! Everyone knows how to love, even Kai!” she screamed as she launched to her feet. The room quieted down; all eyes were on the pair in the corner. Katie blushed and looked beneath her bangs to Kai. His crimson eyes were zeroed in on her.
“I'm sorry, I have to go.”
She rushed to the door, her black skirt tangling around her legs. The moment she reached out her hand to touch the wood, a blade hit the spot. Startled eyes turned to the owner, whose own eyes were narrowed in suspicion.
“I never said you could go Katie,” he growled, his arms crossed against his chest. Katie bit her lip and looked down. Even in his angry state, Kai still sent her heart racing.
“What was that about?”
His annoyed words hit her ears, and her blushed intensified. She glanced around the room, hoping for help from her fellow bladers. She found none. Tyson mouth was hanging open in shock, his hands clutching the frightened Chief. Max was looking up from his blade, his eyes trained on Katie. Amazingly, he was not as surprised as the others. He was actually smiling, like he knew something she didn't.
“I will ask you again Katie, what was that about?” Kai snarled. His left foot tapped impatiently, waiting for her answer. Katie sighed in resignation and walked towards him on unsteady legs.
“Everyone can love, Kai,” she stated in a calm voice. “No matter what the circumstances, or who the person is, they can still love. It is a common fact that you act cold and unfeeling. But you can still love Kai. I know you can.”
She had reached him at the end of her words. She looked up, her head barely reaching his chin, and stared into his surprised crimson eyes. He took a step back, not wanting to be close to her.
“And what makes you say that?”
Katie bent her head, her lavender curtain falling over her closed eyes. She wrapped her arms around her body, fisting her hands into the fabric of her violet sweater. Her stance shifted in discomfort, and she opened her mouth to speak. Time stood still in the wake of her words, disbelief rang throughout the dojo. She spun around and sprinted across the room and through the door, leaving the Blade Breakers alone to ponder her words.
Kai stood gaping, his mouth falling open as his eyes widened into saucers. Her statement took root, echoing in the recesses of his mind.
“Because I couldn't be in love with a man who couldn't love me in return.”
 
 
 
 
Well, that is certainly a cliffhanger. I'm not sure if I want to continue this story. I may just leave it as a one shot. If anyone wants me to finish it, please ask me to. If someone reviews, then I will. I hope you liked it! JA NE!
 
~spiritseeker~