Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Watching You ❯ I Watched Back ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

WOW!! I never expected to have such responses to this story. I'm so glad people liked it. So this final chapter, where we find out what happens to Kai and Katie, is dedicated to four people who encouraged me to continue. This is for you: ERALDA, wiltedmoon, Awreel, and MyStIc BlAcK PhOeNiX. Thank you so much for you four's kind words. I hope you like the way it ends.
 
Again, I do not own Beyblade. If I did Kai wouldn't show up in any episodes because he would be tied up on my bed for my uses only. Hee Hee Hee…. *smacks face* Sorry, bad hentai thoughts. Anyhoo, I do own Katie.
 
“I Watched Back”
By: SpiritSeeker
 
 
 
“You really should talk to him Katie.”
The young woman glared menacingly up at her companion before looking back down at her blade. A week had passed since Katie had confessed her feelings to Kai, and she had yet to go back to the Dojo.
“You know, everyone misses you. Tyson isn't as animated, Kenny just types on his computer and doesn't talk, and Rei just mopes because he thinks it's his fault for what happened.”
“Shut up Max, I don't want to hear it,” Katie growled and slammed her hand down on the grass. The blond just sighed and slumped onto the ground next to her. He brought a hand up to her chin and turned her face to his. He was surprised to see tears shimmering in her violet gaze.
“Do you want to know why I wasn't surprised the day you confessed to Kai?” he asked, smiling widely. The random question startled her, but none the less she nodded. Max nodded back and began to speak.
“Well, a little while ago a certain cold blader came up to me and mentioned that he might have feelings for someone in our little group. Of course I had to ask him who, you know me, and after being threatened with certain death if I squealed, he finally told me. The person he loves is kind and gentle and never backs down from a challenge. She always stands up for what's right and will always lend a helping hand. When he mentioned that it was a she, I happened to say your name and he blushed like mad. So you see Katie, the one that Kai loves is you.”
Silence filled the space around them. Katie shook her head to clear the cobwebs, Max's words ringing through her mind. He loved her, Kai really loved her. She smiled shakily, tears rolling down her face.
“Now all we have to do is get Kai to tell you himself,” Max said, and was rewarded with the happily sobbing girl launching herself against him in a firm hug. He held her shaking body and began to tell her of his plan.
 
 
 
“Does anyone know why we're here?” Tyson asked while stuffing his mouth with hot dogs. Rei shrugged and sat down next to him in the grass of the local park. Kenny plopped down next to him, his ever present laptop settled with him. Max just grinned and sat on the other side of Tyson. Kai, always silent and reserved, was leaning against the trunk of a tree, his arms folded against his chest and his legs crossed.
“I called you all here,” a familiar girl's voice stated. The bluenette's head shot up, his crimson eyes widening as Katie walked into view. Her lavender hair was flowing free down to her waist. A black sweater fell to her knees and a pair of jeans and a simple pair of sandals completed the outfit.
“It occurred to me that a little while ago I scared a member of our team by telling him that I loved him. I just wanted to apologize to him for doing so,” she said, her head turning to Kai. He stood there, his arms hanging at his sides and his eyes narrowed in confusion.
“I will not, however,” she continued, disregarding the stares of her team, “take back my words or my feelings. I love you Kai Hiwatari, and I have for a long time.”
Kai pushed himself up from the trunk and started towards her. Anger shot through his body and tension filled the air around them.
“What is it you want from me?” he spit out, a look of rage crossing his handsome face. Katie shrugged and replied simply:
“A little birdy told me that you loved me too. I just wanted to hear you say it.”
Disbelief rang through the group, and their furious captain turned to glare at a certain blonde. The boy just smiled and waved. Kai sighed and slouched with embarrassment. A pale hand cupped his cheek and lifted his face to look at the owner. Love shone in her violet eyes as she silently encouraged him to reply. He shook his head fiercely before turning to his teammates.
“GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS AREA NOW!” he barked and they scampered as ordered. Katie just calmly stood there waiting for them to leave.
“If you thought I was going to you that I loved you with them there, then-”
He wasn't able to finish his sentence because a pair of lips had fastened themselves quite firmly to his. Kai responded immediately, his lips moving against hers before snaking his tongue out to touch them. She parted her lips, inviting him in. They kissed for a little while before finally settling back to breathe. Kai rested his forehead against hers and smiled slightly. His arms were wrapped firmly around her waist and hers about his neck. She sighed happily and cuddled against him.
“I watched back you know,” Kai said softly. Silence followed and he was unsure if she heard him or not. He got his answer when she launched herself at him again, their lips finding each others.
 
~OWARI~
 
Well, there you have it. This is the sequel to the story “Watching You”. I hope all of you liked it. Thank you for your reviews and I hope to get your responses for this story. I'm thinking of doing another story, maybe a follow up of this one. Can anyone give me some suggestions?
 
~SpiritSeeker~
 
P.S. Did anyone enjoy the sneakiness of Max? I sure did…