Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ When love fades... ❯ Memories ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alrighty! Here's the next chapter to the boring fic. And you guys have no idea how nervous I am to post this thing. I made you people wait for such a long time only to come up with something like this. I guess I'm gonna delete this story soon. I don't want to insult beyblade or the characters by posting something as lame as this. Anyway. Hope you like it. And flames are accepted for this coz I defiantly deserve it. Ohh! And any part here that is described in italics, that's the ones between `---x---` this breaker are flashback. And yeah, thanks so much for everyone who read the first chapter . And since I really don't have patience to re-read this, I apologise for any mistakes.
 
 
CHAPTER 2 - MEMORIES
 
 
 
`Of all the people, of everyone why the hell did I go for him?', The brunette cursed mentally, walking along the busy streets of the city. `Whhhyyyyy?????'
 
 
It was almost the end of December and that meant the whole city was in the mood for Christmas, with people being extra cheery and extra nice to each other with the shops and the streets decorated in red and white with fake snows and other accessories. Well… that is except this brunette who was fuming with anger and the reason was quite obvious. A month had passed since Kai had left for Russia and there was hardly any sign of him and that was getting Hilary increasingly anxious with each passing day.
 
 
`I don't believe he hasn't contacted me for a month!' Hilary thought frustrated, walking on the streets hugging her coat tight to protect herself from the winter breeze that was cutting through her skin like a sharp knife, and the snow wasn't helping either.
 
 
`Well… except once, and that was just for five minutes and it was all so rushed up! What's up with him? Does he think I don't care about him? Doesn't he even care that I might be worried about him? Well… the last time I spoke to him he did say he was doing fine and yeah, this is Kai we're talking about, and he's been through enough dangerous things for not anyone to worry about him. I know I don't need to worry about him, but that's not the only reason. Doesn't he even feel like speaking to me? Darn! I hate this!' She thought getting annoyed with her own thought that were popping in her mind.
 
 
`But can't change the fact that I miss him.' She thought again ignoring a faint pain in her heart. `Bah! Forget it.! To hell with him! I'm really tired of thinking about this.'
 
 
And as she continued walking on the street mumbling and cursing, something caught her attention at a certain shop… (and that was definitely not the Santa!). She just couldn't help stop and stare at it before a warm smile appeared on her face.
 
 
There were a couple of tiny beyblade shops at the end of the street and a small poster was stuck in the front that looked like an advertisement for some random beyblading school that was going to start in the city. There were pictures of the old BBA revolution (or blade breakers) team along with Brooklyn, Garland, and even (much to Hilary's annoyance) Ming Ming. And there was something written on the top that read something like-
 
 
Want to become the next big shots of beyblade?
 
Join the Tatewaki school of beyblading
The only school that will train you to become the top notch beybladers
With the help of the top level trainers
and all the advanced equipments and techniques you would ever want.
 
 
`Ming.. Ming… PELLOW!!' She thought clenching her fist and then closed her eyes for a moment to control the urge to rip the poster into pieces. But that did not cover up the pain she felt when she saw Kai's picture.
 
 
“Baka!” she muttered under her breath.
 
 
“Can I help you Ma'am?” an old man's voice cut through her thoughts that made her realize that she was probably staring at it for a really long time. She just shook her head and continued walking ahead as all the old memories came flooding back to her mind.
 
 
“Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!” she mumbled getting annoyed as she kept walking ahead, her bangs covering her eyes, trying her best not to break into tears.
 
 
Well… it was kinda weird how they had gotten together. He had never proposed to her officially, and none of those typical `I love you' thingies ever happened. Yet, both somehow knew they liked each other though they never said that out loud, or maybe she would have, but Kai? He would rather go tell Tyson that he is the most amazing beyblader he's ever come across and the most intelligent creature in the universe than do something like that! She didn't remember a single day, when he had said that to her. However, she didn't mind, shrugging it off that, perhaps he was just too shy or something, or probably he thought it was just not his thing. But Hilary knew he meant it, coz other wise he wouldn't have bought that house for them. Oh yeah! A house, not too big though. But he never directly said that it was for them. He had just said that he bought the house, just in case, so he won't have to depend on Tyson all the time for staying, though he continued staying at Tyson's anyway (and of course that was because Tyson had bugged him until he gave in.). But whenever they wanted to be alone, that was the perfect place to be in.
 
 
And he had never really told her that he had actually bought a house for himself until that night. The night that she would never, ever, until alive would forget. The night when she had ended up in that house for the first time, drunk…
 
 
---x---
 
 
“Hey… KAI!” she yelled waving her hand, walking on the deserted street at night. The said person gave a low gasp, as she continued walking over to him wobbling a little. She then flung her arms around him and snuggled up her head to his chest sighing contentedly.
 
 
“Will you mind explaining to me what is going on?”, Kai asked sternly, but kept his voice cool.
 
 
“Well… what do you know… I'm DRUNK! hehehe” she said looking up to him giving him a sheepish grin, but immediately sobered when she saw him growl and grit his teeth.
 
 
Kai then immediately pulled her away and grabbed her hand, dragging her along with him until he reached a taxi at the end of the road and roughly pushed her in and took her to his house.
 
 
After that, the next thing she knew was standing in front of Kai, the next morning, bowing repeatedly asking for apology. And what Kai said next was something she would never forget in her life either.
 
 
“I never wanted any special girl, Hilary. I never expected a girl who was extra ordinarily intelligent… or beautiful… or filthy rich. Just one simple, normal girl, with a sober behavior, that's all I expected, and definitely not someone I would expect to find walking on the roads drunk.”
 
 
“ But Kai I told you it was a-”
 
 
“I don't want any stories, Hilary! Just remember that I will NOT tolerate such a thing anymore.” He said a little harshly and quietly walked away, leaving Hilary watching him with her jaws open.
 
 
Ouch! That hurt… Big time!
 
 
---x---
 
 
`Well… at least, Kai calmed down in the end.' She thought still feeling a lot embarrassed about the incident -that she had gladly buried and sealed it deep inside her mind- though it had happened years ago, when she was about 16. And that was one more reason why he was so mad at her, that she was drunk when she was not even 18, and her explanation about how she had got drunk accidentally and had never meant to do it intentionally didn't convince the great Hiwatari.
 
 
`Phew! That sure was one scary day.' she thought sighing inwardly.
 
 
However, it was quite funny, and silly when she had ended up in that house for the second time. Well… not exactly `end up' this time, she had been there by herself, and definitely not drunk this time. His reaction had scared her so much that she never ever touched any sort of alcohol even after she turned 18.
 
 
---x---
 
 
It was a sunny Sunday morning and the duo were sitting on the couch in the living room, with Kai in his usual position, his legs crossed as well as his arms across his chest and his eyes closed, putting on his best tough guy expression. And as for Hilary, to even Kai's surprise for her unusual behavior, was sitting next to him with some sort of a novel she had said had found a lot interesting, to which Kai had just shrugged with his usual `Hn! Fine, whatever.' and just let her read it. But as Kai had predicted the book had `miraculously' put Hilary to deep sleep just after reading a couple of pages.
 
 
And after she woke up she found herself resting her head on Kai's shoulder, clutching his arm tight and felt Kai's fingers brushing off her bangs and gently tracing the edge of her face. He smirked as she flickered her eyes open.
 
 
“Kai!” she said looking up at him with a warm smile to which Kai replied with his usual barely visible smile. She stared at him for a while waiting for something romantic to happen, but all he said was-
 
 
“Looks like you picked up a wrong book.”
 
 
Hilary blinked.
 
 
Kai blinked.
 
 
Hilary sighed.
 
 
`How dry!'
 
 
---x---
 
 
 
Hilary couldn't help giggle at the incident. `I can't imagine Kai is so dense when it come to such stuffs… or maybe just pretends to be. Hmph! There are just so many things I still don't know about him.' But that reminded her of how Kai had always been the most unromantic guy she'd ever come across -not the she had met many- but this guy must have been the worst of them. Though she kinda liked him that way, coz that made him stand out of those usual mushy sort of guys. Then her minded drifted to the night they had spent near the river, the night when he had been his most unromantic self. And absurdly enough, at the same time she reached the river and stopped near it for a while staring at the river that was shining under the moonlight.
 
 
---x---
 
 
 
It was valentines day and the couple was sitting near the river, with Hilary all emotional about the view around and the mood and Kai just sitting next to her staring ahead blankly. She stared at the moon, her eyes bright with exitement.
 
 
“Hey, look at the moon, Kai. It's so beautiful, isnt it? How romantic. It's just like in those romantic fairy tales.” She said exitedly sighing.
 
 
“Hn! What's so romantic about a chunk of rock?” came a bored reply from the Russian.
 
 
“That was an insult!” the brunette cried, the romantic mood long gone!
 
 
“To the moon?” he blinked.
 
 
“Forget it!” she sighed. `Is he really that blunt or only pretends to be?'
 
 
She then turned around and saw a couple sitting a little away from where they were sitting.
 
 
“Look Kai! Just look at them and learn something. He just gave her a rose! You can do that atleast.”
 
 
“A rose? Is that all it takes to make you happy?” he asked getting bored with every minute. At this point, Hilary really felt like crying, or hitting him with something. And that's what she did. She raised her hand just about to smack him but he grabbed her wrist tight, twisted it and pushed it behind her waist pulling her closer, their faces now only inches away. Hilary gasped.
 
 
“I'm not unromatic. I just have my own ways.” He whispered smirking.
 
 
“Uhh… r-right.” She said meekly not sure of what to say as he got closer. `Is he really doing it?' Hilary thought excitedly but just when she was hving her hopes up the blessed cell phone started buzzing startling both Kai and Hilary.
 
 
Hilary's brows met as Kai closed his eyes releasing her hand and went back to his old self. And right now Hilary's hands were itching to crush her cell phone into powder and dig it deep inside the ground. `Whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy?'
 
 
---x---
 
 
Hilary couldn't help frown at this thought. `Well… it wasn't his fault entirely. He had atleast tried. Hmph! Guess I'll have to take my words back.' She thought looking up at the sky that had darkened even more and little flecks of snow started falling over her face. She wiped it hastily and continued walking ahead. And a couple of years later, he finally mustered up his courage Tyson just had to interrupt by yelling out for him to come home. And hat was the only time in her life that she was so frustrated, she actually wanted to pull out her hair and yell out in frustration. As Kai walked away just whispering `maybe next time' to which she rolled her eyes. `As if ! with the rotten luck I have!'
 
 
And after Kai left, She had just stared blankly at the river they had been at and kicked a random stone into the water. `What a life!' she cursed.
 
 
Then immediately snapping out of her dream, she decided it was time she reached home before it started snowing harder.
 
 
“I'm home!” she yelled opening the door brushing the snow off her and pulled out her coat.
 
 
“Hilary dear! You are back. I was waiting for you. You have a mail from your… er… friend I guess.” Her mother said smiling.
 
 
Hilary blinked before a huge grin appeared on her pale face. `It must be from kai!' she thought running up to her room and skidded to a halt in from of the door. She the burst open the door and her hands immediately grabbed the letter that was lying on the floor.
 
 
“Finally!” she said biting her lips as she stared at the words written on the back of the letter.
 
 
From Kai,
 
 
Moscow, Russia.
 
 
 
Thanks for reading…