Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Where Your Loyalties Lie ❯ The Fall of Lanthir, Rise of Daeloth ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Hey everyone, this is my third Beyblade fic and the one I'm taking extremely seriously because it's going to be my best writing. This fic includes Johnny, Tala, and Enrique from Beyblade but has no actual Beyblading in it. It also has three OCs, Carly, Aquana, and Flora. I hope everyone enjoys this fic, it's going to be my best yet, and if you like fantasy, I'm pretty sure you'll like it, it sorta has a Lord of the Rings feel to it. Also, I'll be using a variety of Elfish words throughout the story to add a medieval feel to it. They will be used in name of places or in any other case where it might mean something significant. Please check the glossary below if there are any words I used that you want the meaning for. Otherwise, enjoy…and review of course!

Disclaimer: Same old, I don't own Beyblade, it is purely coincidental if there is any similarities to anyone's else fic. Beyblade is copyright of HUDSON SOFT/TAKARA · BEYBLADE PROJECT · TV TOKYO © Also, the elfish words use throughout the story are not made by me, they were translations off a Elfish dictionary which I believe is made from Lord of the Rings.

Story Synopsis: Sentenced to lifetime exile and hot for revenge, Johnny sets out to destroy Ithildin and kill the ruler to seek vengeance. But little as he knows, it's not as easy as it seems, Carly, the ruler and sorceress of the kingdom holds him back and something slowly blossoms between them, leaving Johnny wondering if this was really the kind of life that he wanted. Enrique, Carly's friend and top-ranked knight, does his best to protect the kingdom from the numerous evil assaults, when one day he rescues a wounded girl. Although love clearly blossoms between them, the girl, Aquana has a drowning secret that could get them both killed. Flora, Duchess in Carly's kingdom, has an unknown relationship to the Shadow Knight, Tala, who is intent on taking the ancient treasure from Carly. The sacred artifact, the Imperium Gem, in the hands of a the young sorceress who risks everything to protect it and her kingdom, has caused much bloodshed and suffering to everyone, but should it fall into the wrong hands, the delicate balance of Light and Darkness will perish along with mankind.

Rating: Rated PG-13 for violence such as fighting and killing. :P Nothing too bloody though.

Genre: Fantasy/Adventure/Romance. Fantasy for all the magical powers, kingdoms, and sorcery. Adventure for all the fighting and travelling. And romance for the feelings that go on between the characters. ^_^

Thanx: I want to thank whisper*2*imaginary for her help. Thanx so much for your time and I hope you like the fic!

¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤

Glossary: Some of the cities and words here are foreign words, but they each have a distinct meaning. I do not take credit for these words, for they are elfish words translated, not by me, into English to give the story a more fantasized feel. The roles of these words will be made clear later in the story.

Ithildin~ Elfish for starmoon

Lanthir ~ Elfish for waterfall

Imperium ~ Latin for power to command or authority, command, rule, control

Daeloth ~ Elfish for hate

Leuthil ~ Elfish for gem

¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~¤

¤ Prøløgue ¤

First-class Dark Knight, Johnny McGregor, has been sentenced to lifetime exile for committing murder within the walls of Ithildin. Enraged and hungry for revenge, he accepted the terms of a deadly sorcerer, Daeloth, in exchanged for Dark Powers which makes him utterly invincible. Now Johnny sets back to the kingdom that once vanquished him into the bitter outside world and left him to die and vows to kill the ruler and seek vengeance.

Young sorceress and princess of Ithildin, Carly Tariena Aiglos, has possession of a dangerous sacred artifact, the Imperium Gem. The sacred jewel, containing the powers of Ice, Fire, Water, Thunder, Wind, and Magic, is extremely powerful and desired by all kinds of evil within the universe. With evil forces constantly after the power, Carly does her best to drive them away and protect her kingdom. Carly's middle name Tariena means Princess, and Aiglos means Ice in elfish.

Enrique Giancarlo is Carly's lifelong friend and loyal companion. He is of the highest-ranked knights within the army and commands them according to Carly's orders. He is sworn to protect Carly and defend the Imperium Gem. Though fiercely loyal to Carly, Enrique doesn't really like war and prefers not to see people get hurt unless someone he cares about is being threatened. He has a good heart, but tends to be overprotective and takes things incredibly hard.

Flora Fallaner is Carly's other best friend and a healer in the kingdom. She has the title of Duchess and does her best to aid Carly and heal the wounded. She's a kind, gentle person who seems to have an unknown connection with Tala. Although she's usually nice to everyone and tries to maintain peace, once enraged, she will attack with hesitation. Flora's last name, Fallaner, means healer in elfish.

Tala Valkov, a well-known mysterious warrior with the title of the Shadow Knight, is another one of the people who's after the Imperium Gem. He resorts to all means to get his hands on the precious gem though his true motives are unknown. He seems to have an uncertain relationship with Flora for something in their pasts made their paths cross again.

AquanaNenuvaris a young sorceress in-training from a fallen Kingdom, Lanthir, with incredible potential. Ever since they met, Carly helped Aquana develop her mystical powers correctly and helps her control them. However, she seems to hold back her true powers and a deep dark secret that she tells no one of. Her last name Nenuvar means water lily in elfish.

¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~¤

Chapter 1: The Fall of Lanthir, Rise of Daeloth

The sun slowly rose one sober morning, its warm colors of orange, yellow, and pink spread across the horizon, streaking the sky with beautiful colors. Everything was quiet in the kingdom of Ithildin and from the castle window of the kingdom, a young girl gazed out the window just as there was abrupt knock on the door.

The girl, who was about 18 years of age, had shoulder-length brown hair tied back loosely with a few stray strand falling around her face and distinctive emerald eyes. Many would say she was as beautiful as a rose and as dangerous as its thorns. She wore a simple royal blouse with a silver lining and shorts to go along with it. "Come in," she said.

"Good morning princess!" a boy said, stumbling in with a bright smile on his boyish face. He was only an year older than the girl and he had tousled blond hair and warm hazel eyes. He had on traditional warrior clothing.

The girl gave him a sharp glance, "What did I say about royal titles Enrique?"

The boy lowered his eyes shamefully, "Sorry Carly. I meant to call you by name, it's just that after serving your father so long, I tend to forget that you prefer your first name to a royal title."

Carly had to smile, "It's okay Enrique, it's just feels weird when my best friend talks to me like I'm superior to them. Do not confuse my father's rules with mine."

Enrique observed the princess' face, "What are you thinking about?"

Carly looked out the window again and gestured to a faint wispy black smoke in the distance, "The black ash of death is rising, there has been more bloodshed and Lanthir has fallen on the night of the black moon."

Enrique looked alarmed, "Lanthir has fallen??? B-but, it cannot be…they were strong."

Carly looked steadily at her best friend, "Yet, so it Daeloth, we must be careful or we will be next. Daeloth's power is growing everyday, with each conquering, he grows stronger and our chances of defeating him is even slimmer. He's after me, after the Imperium Gem and he's taking out all our allies before he comes to us. Lanthir was loyal to us, unlike many others who deserted us for fear of attack and those cowards who joined up with Daeloth to prevent death."

"Some royals are talking behind your back princess," Enrique said softly, "They wish to join up with Daeloth to prevent disaster."

"I know this Enrique," Carly said without turning around, "And stop calling me princess. We will never join with Daeloth, Ithildin will fall before we combine forces with Daeloth. This darkness that has struck down Lanthir will return, the last of our allies has fallen, we will be next."

¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤

Thunder struck around a gloomy looking castle, illuminating the dark place. The fields were barren and dying and the weather was constantly at storm. A young boy at the age of 18 climbed the steps up the forbidden castle. He was clad in strong armor and holding a sharp axe. He was strongly built and his black cape flapped behind him as he reached the top of the winding stairway. His amethyst eyes glinted cruelly and his mouth curled into a sinister smile as he approached a room. The guards stood very still as he passed them and went up to a figure clad in all black.

The figure leered at the boy, his face was covered with an indestructible mask and a scythe, "You were successful Johnny?"

The boy scoffed, "Of course. Have we got a deal now?"

"The leuthil?" the figure rasped, reaching out one bony hand, "Give me the leuthil."

Johnny dangled the precious gem in the air, his amethyst eyes cold, "Have we got a deal? I will give you your stupid leuthil once you give me the power I seek. Do not try to trick me Daeloth."

The figure laughed coldly, "Once you have the powers of Morin within your body, it will flow to your soul and heart and fill your mind with darkness. Never will you be rid of this power. Are you sure it's what you want mortal?"

Johnny rolled his eyes, feeling impatient, "Why would I want to get rid of it??? Yeah, yeah, I'm positive I want it. I've already destroyed the last three of Ithildin's allies. I cannot enter Ithildin without the power of Morin for the spell cast upon when I was exiled will force me back. Now do we have a deal or not Daeloth? My patience is growing thin."

The dark figure chuckled in a creepy way, "That is all very well, knight. With the last three of Ithildin's allies fallen, Ithildin cannot hope to stand much longer. Soon the Imperium Gem will be mine. Give me the leuthil and I will give you the power of Morin in return, however, those powers will not be complete to full potential. I want you to destroy Ithildin with my soldiers and bring the ruler and the Imperium Gem to me! Do that and the full power of Morin will be yours!"

Johnny tossed the forbidding figure the precious jewel, "Done."

"Ahhhh…" Daeloth rasped, fingering the leuthil lovingly, "With this leuthil within my grasp, Lanthir will remain forever fallen, like the rest of the pathetic cities who opposed me. Now, you have done well Johnny." He raised one bony hand and fired out pure blackness power from his finger, zapping Johnny.

Johnny let out a blood-curling yell as the power of Morin coursed through his body and filled his blood. The power drowned him and freed him of all compassion and heart. His heart turned stone cold and emotionless and darkness filled his soul. His lilac eyes glittered icily and burned with power as the rest of the power settled inside him, //Just you wait Ithildin, just you wait. I'll get my revenge. Exiling me was a big mistake and I'll make sure you all pay dearly. I will not rest until I seek vengeance! Beware, ruler of Ithildin, I will kill you!//

¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~¤

The first chapter's kinda short, because of the prologue and stuff, the next one will be much longer. Only three characters have been introduced so far, the others will come later. Confused? Hope not, I tried to do a good job explaining, hope you liked it. Review please! I'll continue depending on how many reviews I get. ^_^

PS: If you like Beyblade, check out my site @ members.the-bronze.net/ice_archergirl/.

Also…Check out my other fics on FF.net @ www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=391930