Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Where Your Loyalties Lie ❯ State Your Name, Intruder! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: State Your Name, Intruder!

"Your Majesty!" a guard came rushing inside the conference room at top speed, his face red from running.

Carly looked up, an annoyed look on her face, "Can't I get one second of peace around this place?"

Enrique sighed as well, his hazel eyes weary, "Looks like more trouble Carly."

The guard immediately bowed towards the princess in respect, sinking on his knees.

"Oh, don't give me that!" Carly snapped, standing up in hurry, "Just speak! What is the problem?"

"Your Majesty, an outsider is on his way inside the castle. He has an army of trained knights with him. They're creating havoc in the whole castle, destroying everything in their path!" the guard stammered breathlessly, wringing his hands in despair, "Oh, what to do!"

Enrique immediately drew his sword, "I'll go take a look at this outsider, stay here princess."

Carly immediately pinched Enrique's arm, "What have I said about calling me royal titles?? Especially from you Enrique! You know I fight my own battles." She turned to the guard, "This outsider, who is he?"

"No clue, your Majesty."

"How big is his army?" Carly demanded.

"Numbers around 50, your Majesty."

"Oh quit saying your Majesty at the end of every sentence!" Carly fumed, "Has he stated his business?"

"No, your Majesty."

Carly heaved an impatient sigh, "How did he get past the gate?"

"He killed the gate guards and stormed in," the guard said fearfully, "He's quite strong and no one dares to stand in his path."

"Nonsense," Carly said, sweeping past the guard, "Come Enrique. Let's see what our guest is after, though I am quite sure that we all know what it is."

"But Carly!" Enrique cried, hurrying to block her way, "You can't go out there, it's not safe. Stay in here, I beg of you and I will fend off this intruder."

"I will do no such thing," Carly said, indicating that Enrique should move with a brief swipe of her hand, "Since, I am sure, that this stranger has no business with you. Step aside."

¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤

"We cannot let you pass," a guard with a spear said menacingly, "Turn back before we resort to violent means."

Johnny laughed coldly, holding his glinting axe, cruelty danced in his eyes, "Violent means? From guards who cannot protect their own gate? I think not. Move aside, you are not worth my time. It is the ruler I wish to speak with, not with some lowly bodyguard."

"You have some nerve intruder," the guard said with a few other guards pointing their weapons towards Johnny, "Turn back now, I command it! Or you will regret it sorely."

"My army could cut through your throats faster than you can bat an eye," Johnny scoffed. As if enforcing their leader, the army of soldiers behind Johnny all lifted their weapons, star maces, spears, and daggers.

The guard gulped and looked at his mates, "We hold them, at all cost, they must not get to the princess."

Suddenly the door behind them blasted open and a strong wind blew past the guards, right into Johnny and his soldiers faces. After a few moments the wind die down and Johnny found himself face to face with a pair of glittering emerald eyes.

"But pr-" the guard stammered.

"Quiet." Carly said softly, her eyes focused on the intruder in front of her. "You - state your name and business immediately."

Johnny looked a bit insulted to be given an order by a girl, "Get lost maid. I am not here for pleasantries. I demand to speak to the ruler of this pathetic kingdom."

"Show some respect when you speak!" Enrique said furiously, lunging forward with his sword ready.

"Do you challenge me?" Johnny asked with a wicked sneer on his face.

Carly held out an arm to block Enrique, "No." She turned back to Johnny, "State your name intruder."

"I have no business with you, girl," Johnny said spitefully, "And do not talk to me directly, no lowly woman has that right. Has this kingdom not taught you the role of women in this society? I have old business with the ruler of this kingdom and I intend to finish it. Now back off girl, you're beginning to annoy me. I want to talk to the ruler! Or is he too scared to come out and face me directly?"

Enrique was snarling like a cage animal behind Carly, ready anytime to lunge in and attack, but Carly held him firm.

Carly's emerald eyes held Johnny's with an unfaltering, piercing glare, "You're talking to her, intruder. My name is Carly Tariena Aiglos and I am the 5th generation ruler of Ithildin."

¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤

Johnny was momentarily shocked by this statement, not only was he expecting the ruler to be much older, he definitely did not expect a girl. He quickly glanced around, looking to see if this was some sort of joke, but everyone was solemn and awaiting their princess' next order. Slowly, a sly grin passed over Johnny's face and he started to laugh, echoing it through the silent castle. "Oh, what happened to all the men of the kingdom? To leave a girl in the possession of the throne?"

If Carly had been angered by this insult, she didn't show it, "You said you wanted to speak with the ruler, so speak!"

Once again, Johnny was irritated for being ordered by a girl, "You do not seriously expect me to negotiate with you?"

Carly didn't flinch, "If you wish not to, the door is behind you, you may exit."

Johnny fumed, "If you were just a little closer, princess, I would wring your neck."

This time the mocking laugh came out of Carly, "Then shall I take a step closer for you to do so?"

Johnny was seriously considering murdering the girl on the spot, //Not only is she the ruler of this stupid kingdom. She actually has the nerve to command me. What is the matter with her? Does she actually think she and her pathetic army stands a prayer of a chance against me? She will pay for her defiance.//

Enrique has taken just about all he could stand, pointing his sword towards Johnny's neck, he threatened, "Threaten the princess again and you shall find this sword buried deep within your neck, intruder!"

Johnny didn't even cast a glance at Enrique, "Empty threats mean nothing to me, soldier. Your sword would burn into black ash before it could even touch my skin."

This remark made Carly look up and think, //Black ash...could it be?// She hardened her voice, "I am growing weary of your face intruder, state your name and business now, otherwise leave."

Johnny was growing equally tired of hearing the girl speak, so he decided to stop playing insult games and just cut to the chase. "Very well, princess," Johnny said in a mocking tone, "5 years ago, I too lived within the walls of your kingdom. But one day, all that changed when the ruler of this stupid kingdom vanquished me beyond the very borders of this kingdom and ordered me never to return. 5 years I have live outside like a wild animal, foraging on whatever food nature could give me. For 5 years, I lived under the harsh climate conditions and ever-changing seasons and weather. For 5 years I trained to be a knight, overcoming every obstacle until I reached perfection. I swore revenge on this Kingdom, I swore vengeance against your ruler for sending me into exile and after 5 years, I'm back and I'm ready for my revenge."

Carly had no clue what the hell he was talking about, but she replied anyways, "Self-pity has always been futile."

When Johnny heard this, rage welled up inside him, rage so great that it felt like bursting out of him like a cannon.

"Since you have been vanquished from this kingdom forth ward the day my father exiled you," Carly continued in a bored tone, "You are obliged to stay out the kingdom walls, which is exactly where you're heading intruder. Your time here is up. Leave now and stay forever out of this kingdom. Exiled individuals are not taken lightly within this kingdom."

Johnny couldn't believe the nerve of this girl, instead of worrying about whatever revenge he could dish out for the kingdom like he had thought she would, she was actually kicking him out again. Black flames of pure rage flared up around him as his amethyst eyes glowed with the utmost hatred.

Carly's guards all backed away in fear, so did Johnny's soldiers. Enrique yanked Carly back in alarm, his hazel eyes staring at awe in the intense power roused up around their intruder.

Carly's eyes narrowed, //I thought so...Dark Powers...//

"I have come to make your kingdom pay for all the suffering I've endured," Johnny raged, "All of you will pay dearly. Nothing can stand against my Dark Powers that Daeloth has given me. Nothing!" He pointed to Carly with his glinting axe, "You, princess, shall be the first to die."

Carly looked at him calmly, ignoring the frightened screams of the people in the castle around them. Her emerald eyes blazed in fury as she swept her hand up and blasted out a strong wind towards Johnny and his army, sending them all flying back at the impact.

Johnny winced when he landed smack on his back, this he had not been expecting, especially not from a girl. Anger boiled in his eyes as he glared at Carly.

Carly's voice rang out loud and clear, "You were told to leave, intruder! Now leave before it is forced upon you!"

"Why you!" Johnny cursed loudly and turned his back to her, "You wait princess, I will be back. And next I will show no mercy." He walked through his soldiers and started out the royal doors. Carly's guards sighed in relief and Enrique glared at Johnny's retreating back with intense dislike, his hand still tight on Carly's shoulder.

Suddenly Johnny heard double cries of pain and the sound of falling bodies, he whirled around to find two of his soldier lying on the ground, dead, blood spilling out of the place where an arrow struck their body. His eyes immediately flew to Carly who was holding a longbow, loaded with another single arrow, pointed straight at his neck. "You-" Johnny snarled, he couldn't a word strong enough to express his hatred, "You tricked me, I won't forget that."

Carly didn't waver, her eyes alert, "You killed my two gate guards, intruder. I say this evens the score."

Johnny growled and stomped towards the door, putting one hand on the knob to open it when an arrow came whizzing past his head and piercing into the wooden door, just inches away from his bare hand. He whirled around, his lilac eyes furious, "First you tell me to leave, then you're trying to kill me, what do you want???? What the hell is your cursed problem???" Johnny didn't let it show, but he was beginning to feel slightly uneasy, that arrow had deliberately missed him by a few millimetres. He had a feeling that if the princess have wanted to kill him, that arrow would've gone right through his skull.

Carly smirked, another arrow ready in her bow, "You should leave me with something to remember you by, intruder, besides the arrogant look on your face. A name would be nice."

Johnny gritted his teeth, "The name's Johnny McGregor and I will be back, you can bet your life on it." He swept out with his army of soldiers marching smartly behind him.

Carly watched as the intruder left the castle grounds and headed for the outskirts of town, "Enrique."

"Yes, your Maj-" Enrique started then stopped abruptly after receiving a glare from Carly, "I mean, yeah Carly?"

"Take 20 of your best cavalries and escort them out of the kingdom," Carly instructed, "Make sure they do not cause havoc within the city."

"Immediately," Enrique left.

Carly turned to the shaken advisor who was still trembling from the shock of witnessing the intruder and his army, "You there."

"Y-y-yes your M-Majesty?" the advisor asked shakily.

"Look in your records, check everything. I want a full report on this Johnny McGregor from the day he was born here to anything on his activities during the last five years tonight!" Carly ordered, "And stop calling me your Majesty!!!"

"Yes, your Majesty." The advisor hurried away.

Carly groaned and lowered her bow, //Johnny McGregor, don't worry, I won't forget you…and I'll be ready the next time you come. I'll be more than ready, whatever it is you hope to achieve I'll stop you, even if it takes me to my last breath.//

¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤ ~ * ~ ¤

Enrique galloped on his horse through the bustling city and towards the outskirts of civilization. The cavalries behind him followed wordlessly and were on guard for any trouble. Johnny and his soldiers rode away as well, through the walls of the kingdom and past the boundaries. Enrique saw Johnny glance back at the castle, his lilac eyes cold and angry. Enrique followed his gaze and saw the princess standing at the west tower of the castle, casting the same angry glare at Johnny. Even so far away from each, Enrique could feel the hatred radiating from both of them, from the merciless, emotionless amethyst eyes of the intruder and the smothering, flaming emerald eyes of the princess. Then Johnny spun back around and rode off at high speed with his soldiers following him.

//And that's that. I'm glad that's all over, phew. For a while I was worried that Ithildin would be under another attack. He's a threat all right, I just hope Carly know what she's doing…and I've gotta remember not to keep calling her, your Majesty. One more time and she'll hang me at the gallows.// Enrique thought, before turning to the cavalries. "Let's head back."

The horses raced back with their riders with Enrique lingering last. He was about to leave when he heard a faint cry. "Huh? Is anyone there?" Enrique jerked his restless horse around and rode out the kingdom walls. Enrique drew his breath into a sharp gasp, a girl was lying on the ground, blood pooled out from under her.

"Oh Lord!" Enrique dismounted his horse and ran to the girl, "Oh my gosh, she's going to bleed to death!" He carefully lifted up the girl, wincing when he saw that blood continued to drip from her limp body.

The girl moaned and opened her eyes weakly, "Please sir…help me…"

"Don't worry," Enrique reassured her, "You're in good hands. Don't strain, you'll bleed even more."

The girl clutched his arm, "Please save Lanthir, they're drowning…all my fault…please…" She fell unconscious again.

Enrique mounted his horse, pulling the girl in front of him and set off from the castle at top speed.