Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Wolf In Mind ❯ Reminiscence Part I ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Wolf In Mind
by Silver89Wolf
~*-----*~
(Waaaaah… Sorry! I accidentally posted the WRONG version in here! So you'll probably have to read it again…But not all of it… I just changed a bit. It starts after Lisha's flashback, where Ilyiarah thinks about her life.)
SW: Hey there guys!!! Oh my! I haven't updated in a very long time!!! I am sooooooooooo terribly sorry for not updating for so long!! -sobs- The chapter actually is longer, but it took so long for me to write… and I am STILL working on the end of it… so I just decided to split it in two parts… Hope you understand… I'll work as fast as I can on Part II, but I have to learn for tests as well… so… yeah. But I only have to write… -looks at calendar- four more tests! Two more this week… well… maybe… I don't really know since I was sick… and then one next week and one after that. And then I have two weeks of holiday… so I can relax… -sighs- finally… The stress was getting to me…
Kai: Done ranting?
SW: -glares- Oh shut up… In fact I am… but still… -pouts-
Kai: Hn.
Tala: Oh boy…
SW: Yeah… Whatever… I want to thank my reviewers!! -grins-
Kai: You actually got one-
SW: -covers his mouth with her hand and glares at him-
Kai: -growls and glares back-
Tala: -shakes his head- Typical…
Kai: -turns his glare to Tala and says something but you can only hear muffled sounds-
SW & Tala: -smirk-
SW: Aaaaaaaanyways… Thanks a bunch for your reviews Tasha13 and Talas_soul!! Oh and another thanks for having so much patience… I'm really sorry for taking this long… -bows in apology- This chappie is my Christmas gift to you… and everybody else.
Kai: -muffled words- `Can't… breath…'
Tala: On with the story?
SW: Yeah…
Kai: …
Disclaimer: Silver89Wolf doesn't own Beyblade… only her OCs. Have fun reading!!
****
“blabla” talking
`blabla' thoughts.
/~”blabla”~/ someone talking in wolf language
|”blabla”| someone talking in Russian
~”blabla”~ someone talking in Egyptian
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Chapter 1- Reminiscence Part I (The Beginning Of My Beyblade Life)
----------------
Ilyiarah Elena Cohen let out an irritated sigh, brushing a few frozen lilac strands out of her face. She frowned when they fell back into her amethyst eyes. Looking through her backpack, which was sitting next to her, she pulled out a black bandana, tying it across her forehead like a headband. Next, she adjusted her ponytail. Actually, she had wanted to get some sleep, but it was extremely loud. Because of that boy, that called himself Tyson Granger. He was screaming through the whole train, running around, and always complaining that he was hungry.
`Pah, and he's the World Champion in Beyblading.'
She ran a hand through her hair. `I hate being in a train. I could have gotten to Brazil by my own, but nooooo… Mr. Dickinson wanted us to travel together. Stupid camp. Argh. Damn headache.'
She looked around the train. The elder ones, like Hiro, his, and Tyson's grandfather, Max's parents, Romero and Mr. Dickenson were sitting in the wagon before the one she was sitting in. In the front seats, she saw the Barthez Battalions, who were sleeping. …No, wait. The guys were sleeping. Mathilda was talking to the twins of F Dynasty. The Bladebreakers were sitting behind them. Tyson was chattering and laughing with Max, and behind them, Ray was talking to his Ex-Teammates: `The White Tigers'. Further in the back, a few of the Demolition Boys had their seats, Bryan was reading a book, and Ian and Spencer were sleeping. She saw that their Team Captain, Tala, who was in the seat in front of her, was looking out of the window. Next to him Kai was sleeping, or so it seemed. Opposite of her own seat, a girl -named Lisha— sat, staring holes into the ceiling. She had slightly tanned skin, waist-length orange hair and light pink eyes. Mr. Dickenson was walking through the train, having a small chat with everyone. Suddenly Tyson laughed out loudly. It even woke up Ian and Spencer. Ilyiarah growled under her breath.
`What a loudmouth. Can't he shut up once!?'
“TYSON!! Shut the hell up!!” Ian yelled.
Almost everybody looked at him. “Ian! There's no need to yell.”
“Yeah, whatever. Then tell the brat over there to shut up. He woke me up from my nap.”
Mr. Dickinson talked with Tyson and this one nodded.
`Finally— he shut up. I thought he never would.' Ilyiarah thought.
`This is my life. I run away from home, beyblade, go to tournaments, beyblade, get signed up for a World Tournament— beyblade… and now I'm sitting in a train with lousy people.'
Tyson laughed aloud again. Ilyiarah groaned. She took a rubber band she just happened to have around her wrist and tore a piece of paper from her notebook, folding it up. Curiously, Tala turned his head to her. She smiled sweetly at him before aiming the paper at Tyson. But that's when Mr. Dickinson walked back to him, standing right in front of him. Ilyiarah groaned annoyed and rolled her eyes.
“Pity, huh?”
She looked at the red head in front of her. Her amethyst eyes met his light turquoise ones. She smiled at her friend whom she had met in Boris' Abbey.
“Yeah… Do you know how to shut him up?”
Tala thought for a moment. “I don't think anything can shut him up.”
“What about food?” a voice interfered.
The two teens looked at their slate-haired friend, surprised he talked.
“Kai... you TALKED?”
“Well, yeah. What do you think?”
Ilyiarah giggled. “You haven't said a word all day. I almost forgot what your voice sounded like.”
The lilac-haired girl smiled and stood up, stretching. You could see her silver-dark blue beyblade dangling from one of the loops of her light blue baggy pants. She nearly fell over but caught herself by holding onto her seat.
“Hn. Great. Stupid legs fell asleep.” she mumbled, rubbing her legs to get the blood circulation going again.
Lisha Takenya stretched. `Ugh. How much longer will it take to get to the stupid airport? I hate traveling like this.' She took her beyblade out of her pocket. It was purple, white, and black. Her bitchip was in the middle of the blade— A black-grey wolf with violet eyes.
`Mekharene, I'm going through this for you. For us. Together we'll make it to the top. I promise you that. Even if it is against father's will. Hmph. Like I care about what that bastard wants anyways. He destroyed my life. You're my only friend and family, Mekharene. And I can trust you with anything because I know we'll always stay together.'
Her blade glowed faintly in response. She smiled weakly, remembering when she first got her bitbeast. It was the same day she also heard the first time about one.
`Argh! Darn it!' Seven-year-old Lisha growled when her beyblade flew out of the Beydish. She stared confused at her silver beyblade, which lay next to her in the grass.
“I lost again! How do you do that Kelt?”
The black-haired man with sapphire blue eyes smiled and caught his flying beyblade in his hand.
“Training. Lots and lots of training.”
/~”And you need a bitbeast. You can't beat a beyblade that has a bitbeast without one.”~/ a voice said or more like growled.
Lisha looked next to her— her puzzled eyes meeting those of Cynthia, her wolf and best friend. They had known each other since they were little. That meant that she understood and spoke the wolf language very well. Lisha had always felt bonded with the wolves and after her mother died, she had found out that she was half-lupine and her mother was full-blooded lupine. Her father knew nothing of this. He wouldn't have been very pleased if he found out either. And for her that would mean more beating and yelling…
“Okami?” Kelt asked, using her petname. Everybody had a nickname in the wolf clan. His was `The Guardian' because he was very protective of his friends and family, aka pack.
Lisha looked back at him. “Eh?'
Kelt sighed. “Were you lost in your thoughts again?”
“I guess—“
Do you want to talk about it?”
“Nope. Kelt, what are bitbeasts?”
Kelt blinked. “Well… They're beasts, in form of animals that inhabit a chip, which is called a bitchip.”
/~”Do you always explain everything at the end?/ Cynthia snarled. /If you're explaining, better do it properly.”~/
“Huh? What are you taking about, Cynthia?”
/~”Hn.”~/ The grey wolf walked to Lisha and sat down in front of her. /~”I think I'll better do the explaining.”~/
Kelt frowned at the she-wolf. “Are you saying I can't explain?”
/~”What do you think, mortal?”~/
A smirk played his lips. “You know pretty well that I am far from a mortal, hound.”
Cynthia growled at him, and he growled right back.
/~”Stop it! Sheesh. You're so immature… And I'm the youngest one here!”~/ Lisha said.
/~”Okay, I'll start with the story... Millennias ago, before mankind even existed, four Holy Lights, also called the `elemental gods' ruled over the earth. Dragoon, the dragon of wind; Drigger, the tiger of earth; (A/N: Yeah, I know Drigger actually has the power of thunder— but he is a tiger and lives on the ground… So there.) Draciel, the turtle of water; and Dranzer, the phoenix of fire. Four other beasts, which were wolves, shielded them from any evil. But the evil god, the `King of Darkness', Zeus, wanted to take over the world, and could only do that when the elemental gods were gone. Only the beasts who inhabited the planet and the guardians stood in his way. So he killed them off… That's when the war of the gods started. The battle was endless and Zeus seemed to get stronger after every attack. The Holy Lights saw their only chance in beating their enemy by fusing their powers. They did this and won over evil. Unfortunately, they overloaded their energy through their final attack and burst into millions of little lights, who we now know as bitbeasts.”~/
Lisha looked baffled and amazed at the same time. `Wow' was all she brought out.
“When can I have one?” she asked after five minutes.
Kelt laughed. “Patience, my friend. The time will come.”
“When? How long will it take?”
/~”You will have to wait until your time comes.”~/
Lisha pouted. “Fine.”
The Guardian laughed. “Oh, come on now Lisha!”
Cynthia raised her head. /~”Okami, Guardian, it is time. The sun will set soon.~”/
Lisha gasped. “Already?” She looked at the sky. “Come on, uncle Kelt! We have to go!” she said, pulling his arm.
She didn't want her father to find out what Kelt and she were real doing… One, because he didn't like beyblading at all; and two, because of the wolves. Like her mother she had lupine blood in her. She could talk with wolves and was bound to them. And like her, she kept that a secret from her father. Lisha pulled Kelt's arm again.
“Come on!”
“Alright Lisha, let's go. Why are you so eager to leave?”
“You know why,” the little girl mumbled. Actually, he didn't. But she didn't want her father to beat her when she and Kelt got home to late! Of course Kelt didn't know that she was being beaten by his brother-in-law. Perhaps only her packmate Cynthia knew.
Cynthia would have helped Lisha long time ago, but there was a risk that she would be hurt more. But the female wolf watched her, even though she struggled against the urge to kill her father when he hit her again.
Kelt and Lisha got in the car and drove home, which was not far from the forest where they had trained. Seerah, Kelt's wife, welcomed them warmly.
“Hello, my dear beybladers! How was your training?” she asked, after ushering them into the house. She had kind, emerald green eyes, and dark brown hair, which framed her face.
“Great,” Kelt said and pecked her lips.
“Terrible!” Lisha complained. “I lost… AGAIN!”
“Hey! Every blader loses from time to time.”
“I lose all the time! And I don't have a bitbeast!”
The woman smiled. “Soon, the time will come. And then it will be your time to shine.”
“When?! Everybody says that the time will come, but when!?”
Seerah giggled. “Do not rush destiny. It will come, I can assure you that.”
“It takes too long…” Lisha crossed her arms.
“Alright you two! Dinner is ready and already on the table! If you won't eat it soon it will get cold. And cold Lasagna does not taste good.
“Lasagna!” Lisha squealed and ran into the dining room.
~**~
Two hours later, when Lisha was sleeping, her father came.
“Hey Miró!” Kelt greeted. Miró smiled.
“Hey. Sorry that I'm late, where's Lisha?”
“Sleeping on the couch.”
“Good. I'll get her and then we'll leave. You look like you'll fall asleep any minute.”
“You think so…?” He yawned and covered his mouth.
Miró laughed and walked into the living room and to the couch.
“Lisha, come on, wake up— we have to go.”
“…Hn?” Lisha stirred and sleepily opened her eyes. She was fully awake when she saw her father.
“Father, you're here already? Is it time to go?”
“Yes, sweetheart.”
Lisha winced when he called her that. He was only acting in front of Kelt and Seerah.
“Alright,” she said quietly and got off the couch. The father and daughter walked into the hall.
“Thanks for watching her,” Miró said, smiling at Kelt and his wife.
“No problem.”
Lisha appeared next to her father again now dressed in her jacket and shoes.
“Ready to go?”
Lisha nodded. “Yes.” She walked to the couple and hugged them. “Goodbye Kelt. Bye Seerah.”
“Bye,” Seerah said, returning the hug.
Lisha and Miró walked out of the house. At first Lisha hesitated to get into the car, but when Miró gave her a glare, she eeped and quickly climbed into her seat, closing the door behind her. It was a long way home; at least it seemed long for her. Still tired, she looked out of the window, seeing a shadow run through the forest on the side of the road. Lisha mentally gasped.
`Cynthia…' she thought and looked at her lap. She was glad and relieved by her presence, but also scared. Scared that Miró would hurt, or worse— kill her when he saw her.
“Get out.” A harsh voice reached her ears.
Lisha blinked. She hadn't noticed the car had stopped. They were standing in front of their house.
“Are you deaf or something?! I said get the hell out!”
Lisha got out of the car and walked to the house.
~**~
Tap, tap, tap.
Wearing torn clothes, Lisha limped down the hall. Sobs and whimpers escaped her lips. `I hate him… I hate him!' she yelled in her mind, clutching her stomach with her left arm, while she pushed herself along the wall with her other arm. A blood trail was left behind her.
He had done it again… He had beaten her. For what reason? He wanted to see her squirm, scream, cry out in pain. And when he was done, he just left her unconscious on the floor, bleeding out of various wounds.
He even hit her bare back with a leather belt, just for the fun of it. She couldn't feel it anymore.
She groaned when she reached the bathroom and opened the door. She stumbled in and fell to her knees, screaming out in pain.
“God,” she whimpered, tears welling up in her eyes and rolling down her cheeks. She tried getting up, but her back snapped and she fell back to the floor. She lay there helplessly, crying.
“I hate this…*hic* I hate my life… I want to *hic* die… Maybe I will if he keeps on beating me up like this… *sob*.” After some time she fell asleep after musing over her horrible life.
“Lisha…” a soft female voice called. Lisha opened her eyes, and sat up. She blinked. How come that didn't hurt? She looked down at herself and gasped. No wounds… No cuts… No… nothing! But… how?
“Lisha…”
Lisha rose her head, looking around. But all she found was darkness. There only seemed light shining down on her. She started to quiver. This place was freaking her out. She hated being alone. Where was she?
And where did that voice come from? Or were her ears just playing tricks on her?
“…Lisha…”
There it was again! Who was it? And why was it calling her? Suddenly small lights appeared out of nowhere. They looked like fireflies, except that they had a light blue light. The small lights merged, forming a new figure.
The light burst, blinding Lisha. Groaning, she held her hand over her eyes. When the light subsided, she lowered her arm again.
“W-who a-are y-you…?” she stammered out, gaping at the new figure right in front of her. It was a beautiful wolf with black fur. And its eyes… its violet eyes seemed to pierce right through her soul. Its warm breath whisked over her face. She couldn't say anything. No words were there to speak. She was mesmerized by the wolf's beauty. As if she was in a trance, Lisha raised her hand, reaching her fingers out to touch it…
As soon as she touched it she woke up.
Blinking, Lisha looked at her surroundings. She was in the bathroom still laying on the floor. Was it all a dream?
/~”Okami!! Thank goodness your awake! By the moon! I thought you were going to leave me for good!”~/ a worried Cynthia said.
“I'm fine… Heh. …I think.” Carefully she sat up, wincing at the pain of the beating she had gone through. Her muscles hurt like hell and she was exhausted. Tears welled up in her eyes. “I don't think I can take this much longer…”
/~”Don't say that…!”~/ Cynthia whimpered.
“But it's true, isn't it? I feel weaker every time he beats me...” Without looking, her hand went to the side, attempting to get the first-aid kit she had left under the sink from the last time she had bandaged herself. Her fingers touched something warm. Squealing in shock, she pulled her hand back and turning her head to the side, looking at the thing that had scared her. She blinked.
Cynthia blinked as well. /~”A… bitchip? That wasn't there before…~”/ she said thoughtfully.
Lisha felt her heart beat faster as she picked the violet bitchip up. Her eyes widened slightly. The wolf from her dream! Cynthia looked at it.
/~”By the moon… That's—“~/
A weird name came into Lisha's mind. “Mekharene…” A look of surprise appeared on her features. How did she know that name? `Weird.'
The bitchip started glowing and the bitbeast of her dream materialized in front of her again.
`Double weird.'
“I have been waiting for you, Mistress,” Mekharene said, bowing her head. Lisha just stared. A wolf, or more like a bitbeast bowing before her? Mistress? This was just a little bit too much for her. She was after all just a seven-year-old girl!
/~”Congrats Lisha, you now have what you've wanted so badly. Mekharene… She is a great bitbeast. Good luck with her. She may look plain and doesn't have an extra special look like other bitbeasts, but therefore is one of the strongest ones around.”~/
Lisha smiled faintly at the memory. That was true. Mekharene was one of the most powerful bitbeasts. She had never lost a match and she was proud of that.
Her eyes shifted to the glass wall, through which she could see into the other wagon. Ilyiarah was coming back from her walk. (Since her legs had fallen asleep, she decided to take a walk through the train to wake them up again.) Lisha's eyes darkened. There was something about that girl… But she couldn't put her finger on it. She had a powerful aura though. And for some reason it also seemed familiar.
She clenched her beyblade in her hand. `I can sense that Ilyiarah is a powerful blader… One rival more for us Mekharene. Oh, this tournament will be so much fun.' Her eyes glowed with excitement.
Ilyiarah sighed and walked back to her seat, laying down on it and using her backpack as a pillow. Her thoughts swayed back to her past.
She had been born in Moscow. Her mother was Ilona Hiwatari, a pure Russian. Her father, Abiola Renaeh, who was half-Egyptian, half-American, had also been the World Champion in Beyblading before Gareth, who was later on beaten by Kai, who was beaten by Tyson and now had been that for the last three World Championships. Abiola had also been the one who had taught her Martial Arts, and when she was seven years old, how to Beyblade— even if Ilona didn't approve.
So they did it secretly.
When she was nine years old, Abiola had found out that her mother was cheating on her and left her. That night her boyfriend, Darek or something (she didn't really care), moved in with them. Ilyiarah didn't like him since she first saw him. She had several fights with her mother and told her that it was her fault that her father was now gone. Then Ilona had slapped her and left the house with Darek to go out on a date. From that day on, she had hated her mother. With nothing to do that night, she rummaged through the house and found a box from her father where her name was written on. When she opened it, she found a new beyblade with a bitbeast named Enehyrin (speak: an-a-rin) and a letter. She read the letter, which said that one day he would return. Until that happened, she should train with her new Beyblade, for he wanted to have a real match in a tournament with her. Ilyiarah was happy. This was her first beyblade that had a bitbeast! She trained and trained, hiding all of it from her mother.
But one day— when she was eleven, she did find out. That was after Abiola and Ilona's divorce, two months after she had married Darek. (That's how she got her new last name: Cohen.) Ilona yelled at Ilyiarah that she didn't want her playing that game and that she was worried that she could get hurt. Ilyiarah countered that she hadn't cared about her all the time, and now all of a sudden she did, and that was when she didn't need her anymore.
The next day Ilona brought her to Voltaire, who was Kai's grandfather and sadly her uncle. (Kai was her cousin.) He sent her to the Abbey, which Boris controlled. For leaving her there, Ilyiarah hated her mother more than ever. She was the only girl and she had to pretend she was a boy!! Everyday there was a hard Beyblade-training, and if she did one little mistake she would be punished. She wasn't allowed to show any emotions, for she would be punished as well. She shared a room with Kai and Tala, who a year later found out that she was a girl.
At first they were mad at her for not trusting them, but then when Ilyiarah was in trouble, they forgot why they were mad and helped her.
After that, Kai and Tala were called to Boris' office. Tala was… brought away for an experiment and Kai… Black Dranzer was presented to him. He was angry and declined, wanting to know exactly what was going to happen to Tala. Boris just smirked and didn't answer him. Then the dual-haired boy was brought back to his room where Ilyiarah had been waiting all the time. She asked what had happened, but he didn't tell her. So she looked for her red-haired friend herself…
The same night Kai wanted to find his friend as well. He looked for him, but came upon the black beyblade he had seen before, himself. He seemed to have been brainwashed, because he took the blade and destroyed half of the Abbey, plus trainees.
Through the earthquake Black Dranzer had caused, everybody woke up. Ilyiarah -who had finally found Tala- hid in a deserted hall in the very back of the Abbey, since scientists had come to rescue their `lab rat'.
Kai, shocked at what he had done, threw the blade away and continued looking for Tala. He found him… but he was brought away? Once Tala saw him, he ran to him and the both of them searched for their female friend.
They found her, but unfortunately before Ilyiarah could rejoin with them, the ceiling fell down. They were separated and Ilyiarah was all alone. The two boys eventually got her out (it a while though).
But their luck ended once Boris came and took them to his office. The three were punished and looked into separate cells. A few days later, after begging for forgiveness, he let them out again, but let them do a special training, which was very tough.
It started getting too much for Ilyiarah (she nearly committed suicide), but somehow she never really accomplished what she had wanted. Fear had always made her stop. Having enough, she packed her belongings and ran away from the Abbey, leaving her friends behind.
She traveled around the world, training and gaining more experience about beyblading. She bladed against everyone who came across her way and bladed of course. And not too long ago, Mr. Dickenson came to her and asked her if she wanted to participate in a tournament. That was a good chance for her. Maybe her father would enter too? She agreed and they went to Tokyo. And there she saw her two friends again.
Mr. Dickenson walked into the Tokyo Beystadium with Ilyiarah following behind, with crossed arms.
“Sorry I'm late,” She heard Mr. Dickenson say. “But I found another participant.” She looked at the person whom he was talking to. A man in a black suit, wearing a pair of shades.
“Alright. Let me lead you to the main room where the others are waiting.”
The three walked down a hall until they came into a big room. Ilyiarah nearly gasped when she saw Tala and her cousin.
`They don't know I'm here yet. If I could just—' Mr. Dickenson cleared his throat, making all bladers look up from whatever they were doing. `Ooops. Now they do.'
Kai and Tala looked at her with widened and shocked eyes.
`I thought Boris said she was dead?' the two boys thought at the same time.
`Great. I have no idea what to tell them. What should I do? They're looking at me as if I'm a ghost.' Her thoughts were interrupted once again.
“Guys, this is Ilyiarah— she will be participating as well.”
~**~
Later on that day, when everybody was allowed to do what they wanted, Kai and Tala walked to her.
“Ilyiarah, could we talk to you for a minute?” Tala asked.
Ilyiarah gulped. “Sure.” She hoped that they didn't hear her voice shake. She got up and followed them to a room.
“Boris said you were dead.” Kai said, leaning against a wall, while Tala closed the door.
Ilyiarah looked at the floor. “He almost did. He probably noticed how I sneaked out of the palace and sent a few men after me.”
“Why didn't you tell us that you left?” She could hear the angry tone in Tala's voice.
Ilyiarah scowled, fighting back her tears at the same time. It hurt when he spoke in an angry tone to her. She didn't want him or Kai to be angry at her at all!
“I wanted to, but I couldn't! I didn't want you to get hurt…”
Kai looked at her. “Is that the reason why you started avoiding us when you got back out of the cellar?”
She bit her lip. “It was the only way. He followed every step I did. I didn't want you to get punished because of me! I already lost one part of my family… I didn't want to lose you guys either! I'm sorry that I didn't say good-bye or tell you where I went, but…”
She couldn't say anything anymore for she broke into tears. The tears she had locked up for so long now escaped her eyes. She felt arms go around her— Kai and Tala hugging her. She dug her face into Kai's shoulder, saying `sorry' between sobs and hiccups.
“Sshhh… It's okay… We forgive you… It's okay…” He stroke her head, trying to calm her down. `Oh great. I'm becoming a softie.'
The three stayed like that for a while, glad that they were reunited again.
“Oh and Lyia,” Tala said, breaking the silence.
“…Hm…?” she asked, slowly calming down.
“…Happy Birthday.”
A smile grazed her lips as she laughed into Kai's shoulder, even though tears were still falling.
“Idiot.”
“Elena,” Tala's voice brought her back to reality.
“What,” Ilyiarah replied irritated, hating it when someone called her by her second name. She looked at him. Tala nodded to the side and Ilyiarah looked up, seeing Mr. Dickenson. (Her head is still on her backpack.)
“What is it sir?” she asked, sitting up.
Mr. Dickenson scratched his head. “I don't know how it got in there… But this here was in my bag.” He handed her an envelope.
Ilyiarah blinked. The envelope was light blue and had her name written in cursive letters on it. It was a bit heavy for a letter. “Thank you. But from whom…” When she looked up Mr. Dickenson had already turned his back from her and was walking off.
“Well, thanks a lot for your kindness. Geez.” she said in a low tone.
“You're as nice as ever, aren't you?” Kai asked, smirking.
“Haha… Look who's talking!” Tala said.
Ilyiarah glared at Kai. “And you're pretty annoying for a cousin, you know that?”
“Hn.” His smirk grew. “The feeling is mutual.”
“Nyah.” She stuck her tongue out at him and then turned her attention back to the letter. From whom could it be? There was only one way to find out. She turned the letter around and opened it. Something fell out of it. She caught it before it fell to the floor.
`An amulet?' She held it up in the light. It was an amulet that had the shape of an oval… very much like a cartouche. It had a transparent color, frozen white. A silver running wolf was engraved on it and over it stood it fine letters: Ylva. Ilyiarah's eyes widened slightly. That was what her father, and only her father called her. Either that, or the pet name in her clan: Silver Wolf. He loved wolves, and she did as well, as long as she could remember. A weak smile played her lips and she turned the pendant around. Small silver words were carved into the back.
Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved.
`Typical. It's from father, isn't it? Of course. That's so typical of him.'
She started reading the letter.
Dear Ylva,
You've probably already noticed by the pendant from who this is, right? Of course. I know my daughter.
Anyways, I heard that you will be entering the World Tournament of Beyblading? Good luck. Maybe we'll see each other? Could be. I haven't forgotten our little pact. I promise we will soon see each other again.
The pendant I gave you is a birthday present. Well… Happy late birthday. You are the most precious thing in my life a sacred piece of my heart lives within you.
I love you.
Signed sincerely by Abiola Renaeh
PS: Keep on training. I can hardly wait to have a match against you.
`Neither can I, Father,' she thought, clutching the amulet in her hand and smiled.
~**~
“The plane to Brazil will leave shortly,” a voice through the speaker announced.
“Come on, hurry now,” Mr. Dickenson told the bladers.
“N-NO!! I can't go in that plane!!!” Kevin yelled.
“Why not?” Lee asked.
“…I'm scared…”
Ilyiarah hung her bag over her shoulder and walked to Tala and Kai who were waiting for her.
“Took you long enough.” Kai muttered.
“Well, you didn't have to wait so long for your bag to show up, didn't you?” she growled.
“Geez, relax.”
“Whatever.”
“Quickly now. The plane will leave soon,” Mr. Dickenson said, walking past them.
/“I hate traveling like this…”/ Ilyiarah growled and followed him.
“Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! LET ME GO!!!!!!!!!!” Kevin screamed.
~**~
Ilyiarah sat down in her seat, across from Tala and Kai. Finally, they were on their way to Brazil. But it would take another day to get there… And when they get there, they would have to wait another half year until the tournament actually started. Mr. Dickenson wanted all of them to get to know each other and then train, There was especially a camp for them. And like last year, the bladers would have to participate in teams. Everybody already knew in which team they would go, except for Ilyiarah and Lisha — since the both of them were new, and had never been in a World Championship Tournament before.
“Is this seat taken?” a voice asked bored.
Ilyiarah looked up, seeing Lisha. “No.” She took her backpack off the seat and set it on the floor between her legs. Lisha sat down and put her bag between her legs as well. She closed her eyes, crossed her arms, and put her leg over the other. She would've preferred sitting alone, but this was the only place left, so she didn't have another choice.
`She reminds me so much of Kai,' Ilyiarah thought, smiling weakly.
Lisha opened her eyes again, looking at her neighbor. “What?”
Ilyiarah raised an eyebrow. “What? I didn't say anything.”
“Then why are you looking at me?”
“No reason.”
“Hmph.”
Kai and Tala had watched the two girls across from them all the time. They exchanged glances and then attended back to their own business.
Amethyst eyes glared into light pink ones, none of them willing to look away. That was the rule of animals. The weaker one looked away. And whether Ilyiarah, nor Lisha were weak. Somehow, each other's eyes looked so familiar…
“Aren't you from the Grey wolf Clan?” Lisha asked thoughtfully.
Ilyiarah frowned slightly. How did she know?
“And if I was? How do you know about the clans?”
Lisha rolled her eyes. “I'm in one of them. In the Black wolf Clan to be exact.”
The lilac-haired teen blinked. `She belongs to the Black wolf Clan…? I don't know anyone from that clan… Or maybe I do? Why does she look so familiar…?'
`Why is she looking at me like that?' Lisha thought. `And why does she look so familiar…?'
Suddenly their eyes widened at the same time. “You're that girl from the forest!!!” they exclaimed at the same time, pointing their finger at each other.
Everybody jumped at their sudden outburst and looked at the two either surprised, shocked or curiously, like Tala and Kai.
“How's Lenard?” Lisha asked.
Ilyiarah smiled. “Fine. And Cynthia?”
“In good health.”
She nodded. And then after a short pause Lisha started talking to her in another language.
~”How did you escape them?”~
~”Escape who?”~
Lisha rolled her eyes. ~”The guys that were following you.”~
She grinned. ~”Enehyrin helped me. What, you thought they got me? How did you escape the gang who followed you?”~
Lisha's eyes darkened. Ilyiarah frowned.
~“...You got rid of them, didn't you? It was the only way, hm?”~
“I don't want to talk about it anymore.”
“Fine by me.” Ilyiarah stretched. That's when she noticed that everybody was looking at them. “You guys really don't have anything better to do, huh?”
They continued doing what they were doing before, except for Tyson who was still watching her. Her eyes met his, and flashed to golden.
“AH!” Freaked out, he turned his head away.
Ilyiarah held back a giggle.
“What did you do?” Tala asked. Ilyiarah looked at him and smiled as her eyes faded back into her normal eye color. “Oh.”
She grinned at him. She felt that she was getting sleepy and closed her eyes, resting her head against the window.
/”What did you tell her?”/ Kai asked.
She opened her eyes sleepily. /”Don't worry, I've already learned my lesson… No more secrets… I already told you about that what happened when I left the Abbey…”/ she said and looked out of the window.
`Another day… I hate this…' she complained in her mind, watching the clouds. `But at least it's better than staying at the Abbey. Everything is better than staying at that place. But still— I wish I had a normal life from the start. I want to see daddy again. I wish he had never left. Stupid Darek. Hmph. I don't even know why Mom even likes him. I hate her for liking him. I hate it that Daddy left us. He could have fought over Mom right? Why'd he just run off? And he didn't even save me from Voltaire or Boris…' she tried stopping the memories of her past coming back up. Biting her lip, she shook her head, attempting to shake them out of her mind. `Heck. I hate my whole life!' Tears of anger welled up in her eyes. `You dork. Why are you crying now? You shouldn't be crying! At least not here, where everybody can see.' She bravely fought her tears back. The only ones who had ever seen her cry were Kai and Tala. She wouldn't let anybody else see them. She didn't want to cry again. It just showed that she was weak.
Kai noticed how she was struggling not to cry. He smirked wearily. That was so typical her. Trying to be strong, trying not to show any weakness… Just like him. But she prove different a few days ago. She had cried out what she had locked up for so long. He couldn't blame her. Her past hadn't been that bright. Like his. And she had been tortured terribly by Boris. He gritted his teeth. That was one of the many things he hated his grandfather for.
His mother had died at his birth and so his father had raised him. But since is father had to run a company called the Hiwatari Factory, he didn't have that much time for him. The maids had taken care of him. Most of the time he spent his free time playing Beyblade— a game his father had taught him. When he was about seven, his father died in a car crash. But he had a sneaking suspicion that his grandfather had something to do with it. Voltaire had always wanted to take over his father's company.
Well, after his father had died, everything changed. Voltaire took over the company and let Boris build an Abbey in the mountains of Russia. A school for bladers. He was brought there at an age of nine. He instantly hated it there. It was cold, dark and his teachers were strict. They never held back to punish their students when they made a little mistake. It was also forbidden to show emotions. He hid his emotions, being scared that he would be punished and so over the years his heart hardened. He was ten met a boy his age— Tala.
And then... when he was thirteen…
(A/N: Okay, everything everybody says or thinks in this flashback is Russian.)
Tala and Kai watched their new roommate. `He' was laying on his bed, reading a book. His name was Haraiyli, but they chose to call him by the name Araiy. He had short lilac hair and amethyst eyes. The guy was wearing a black sweater, which looked a big too big for him and dark blue baggy pants. And he didn't look very strong either.
Kai had to share his bunk bed with him. He was at the top and Araiy at the bottom. Of course, he wasn't pleased with this, and Tala just had the nerve to tease him with it. He was lucky and had his own bed, which was on the opposite wall across from the bunk bed.
Actually, the two should have gotten used to Araiy's company, since he was here for two weeks now, but they couldn't. Something about this guy was just… strange. They didn't know what though.
`Why do I have to be in here…?' Araiy growled. `And Araiy, or Haraiyli… what a crazed name… It's just my real name spelled backwards. Stupid Boris… My name's Ilyiarah and not Haraiyli!! …And share a room with two boys!? Why do I even have to act as if I were a boy!?' Ilyiarah growled in her mind. She even had to mask her voice! `Well, at least we have a shower I our room, and not a shower that everybody has to share!'
Her training was rough, the food tasted like crap, the water was cold, she got beat everyday, and she had to be careful not to reveal her secret…
`But I every time I beybattle with somebody I win. Haha… What a bunch of losers. I've never been able to beybattle Kai or Tala though.' she thought. She had to work her way up. Tala and Kai were top beybladers in the Abbey and well… she was just a beginner. Since she was new here. But she beat all her opponents with ease and she didn't even have to use half of her actual power! And winning everyday against those weaklings was boring. She wanted a challenge!
She felt watched, but she didn't really care. It was only her two roommates, Tala and Kai She wanted to get out of here. She missed her packmate, Lenard. She missed her pack, she missed being free… Where the hell did Boris take her!? Why did her mom even take her here? Her eyes narrowed and darkened, almost changing to black.
`My family sucks.'
She put her book to the side, hell she didn't even know why she was reading in first place! There were too many things on her mind.
`Okay… Now their stares are starting to get on my nerves.' She was about to tell them that when Tala spoke up,
“How long do you beyblade?”
Ilyiarah raised an eyebrow. “Why do you want to know?”
Tala shrugged.
“About…” She thought for a moment. “Since I was seven… so …four years.”
“Why did you come here?”
“Why are you asking you asking me these questions?”
“Because, since you're here, you've barely spoken to us. You share a room with us, and yet, we don't know who you are. We have the right to know.”
Ilyiarah looked at him blankly. `He doesn't know who I am? I don't even know that myself.' “Fine,” she sighed and crossed her legs on the bed, looking at the two boys.
“I was born in Moscow and lived there together with my parents. When I turned seven, my dad taught me how to beyblade, my mom didn't want me to though, so we did it secretly. When I was nine, my dad found out that my mom was cheating on him— he left. My mom's bastard boyfriend moved in, I started having fights with my mom, she slapped me and left the house with her boyfriend Darek, I walked through the house, found a box with my name on it, found a letter and a beyblade plus bitbeast in it. It was from my dad. He said I should train so we could face each other in a tournament one day. Two years later my parents divorced, my mom got married with Darek, one day they found out that I was beyblading, she brought me to Voltaire, and now I'm here. Happy?”
“You know Voltaire?” Kai asked, looking at her shocked.
Ilyiarah blinked. “Yeah, how do you know him?”
“How do you know him?”
She sighed. “He's my uncle.”
“What!?” the two boys exclaimed. “Uncle? Are you serious?”
“Yeah, why do you ask?”
“He's my grandfather,” Kai mumbled.
Ilyiarah's eyes widened. “Really?”
“So you're basically cousins!” Tala started laughing.
“Shut your trap, Volkov!” Kai and Ilyiarah snapped at the same time.
Tala held his hands up in a defensive manner. “Okay, okay. Geez. …Haha…”
They glared at him.
“Okay, that glare must run in the family, ne?”
“Hmph.” Kai crossed his arms and leaned against the wall again, closing his eyes.
“Yeah, whatever. I didn't even know I had a cousin.” Ilyiarah defended herself.
Suddenly someone knocked loudly, more like banged on the door. It was enough to make the three teens jump.
“It's time for training!” a voice barked in the hall.
The three mentally groaned.
----------------
…Pain…
Tears falling from my eyes
My heart is hurting,
aching, breaking.
I hate this…
Hate this so much…
A sob escapes my lips.
I feel so alone…
It seems as if everybody has turned their back on me…
----------------
SW: There… How'd you like it?? I hope it was okay… I want to wish all of you Merry Christmas now, since I don't know if I'll get the next chappie done beforehand. But leave a nice review, kay? -smiles-