Big O Fan Fiction ❯ 15 Shades of gray ❯ Invisible hand, a dream ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

15 shades of gray

By: Haruka-chan

AN: Thank you the 4 people who have reviewed. I guess I will put up chapter 1 now, but I must say that it will be short fic. Thank you again and as you know my spelling and grammar really sucks so excuse that. Enjoy!

Invisible hand a dream...Chapter 1

They drove out of the domes. It was very different here, and then it was inside the domes. She looked out the window. She wondered where he was taking her, but then she didn't really want to wonder and just wait to see. However, it was always that curiosity that always split her to do stupid things like the humans. She would have laughed if she were alone at how much like a human some times she was. However, no matter how much someone wants something to be true it just doesn't work out that way. She didn't have a fairy godmother to grant her wishes, or magic lamp. She just had wires and circuits. Her eyes glided over to his face, he seemed to be consumed in his thoughts as well.

Truth behold nothing has changed in history, memories and nothing will. The wonderment that one must over come everything given to them, and grasp what they have forgotten. Life is a race and even if some doesn't want to compete, they do because they are afraid of being left behind. That's just how those hunting for memories where, those content with what they have are truly the ones that are watching the play. He smiled when he noticed her watching him they were almost there. He wanted to share this with her.

"We're almost there," he stated.

She nodded. "May I ask why you are taking me?" asked Dorothy.

He looked at her and smiled. "Because Dorothy I would rather share this with someone, and you're the first person who came to mind" he said.

"Have you brought that Angel woman here also?" asked Dorothy.

Roger looked at Dorothy.

It was as if he said yes then her heart would break, but she would pretend that she didn't care, but if e said no then she would just pretend like she didn't feel anything. He knew she felt. Her questions, her actions, and she herself were the proof of that. He shook his head gently.

"No I found it a while back, even before I came to know you" he said.

"Really?" Dorothy asked again that curiosity jumping with in her.

"Yes" he said as he stopped the car.

She opened the door and stepped out to be greeted with a field of green, the sun shining merrily and the breeze washing over everything. He watched as her hair moved around her face softly and her dress danced around her legs in a waltz. He came to stand next to her.

"Isn't it beautiful?" he asked.

"Yes" she said as if she was short of breath.

He held out his hand and smiled. "Shall we?" he asked.

She looked down at his hand then his face. She nodded.

They walked hand in hand slowly. It the feeling that you felt when you laid your eyes upon something very beautiful and your insides just sort of exploded with excitement but nobody knew but you and maybe your eyes. However, there was a small difference here; they felt each other excitement, and curiosity for the land, which they stood on, and for each other. Dorothy felt the light squeeze from his hand, it felt wonderful to be able to hold his hand, and not worry that he will not return the feeling, but there was still doubt.

"May I ask how you found it?" she asked.

He smiled. "Oh I was just driving by and it just so happens that I didn't have anything to do so I stopped the car and looked around to find this place," said Roger.

Dorothy gave him her trademark bored eyes and nodded. "Yes so many discoveries made just by walking by, you humans are strange," she said.

"Why do you always refer to us like that?" he asked.

"As what?" asked Dorothy.

"As if humans are stupid" he said.

Dorothy stared at him for a while.

"You know you're just afraid to admit that you maybe like us stupid humans" he said coming to stand behind her.

She didn't say anything just listened to him speak the truth she known for a while now.

"There is nothing wrong with feeling" he said sounding like he was just trying to make himself believe.

"There are no actions in words alone, words are just words. The way one reacts, their actions are what reveal what they really feel. You can not lie without lie" she said softly turning towards him.

He nodded and chuckled. "I shouldn't play these games with you. I'll just lose, just as I lose to myself" he said turning to walk away.

"Roger...do you think that if I was human and we have met under different circumstances we...would we have fallen in love?" she asked looking down at her hands.

He walked towards her, she could feel this warmth. She looked up and he looked down at her, his arms on her shoulders.

"Do you want to know the truth Dorothy?" he asked.

She nodded quietly watching him. He pulled her against him, her gasp something he not expecting to hear. He held her close, her body real as ever. He had the pleasure of holding many women, but holding her just some how brought out this excitement with in him.

"If you must know then yes...and I think I already have" he whispered in to her hair.

Another surprise she held him, she returned his embrace.

"You are a confusing man Roger smith" she whispered in to his chest.

Even through his shirt, he could feel her breath.

"I will have to fight soon, I know. And I know this seems like one of those good-byes from the movies, but I do if possible want you to wait for me" he said tightening his grip around her.

"I understand" she said pulling away to look at him.

He took her hands and laced them with his, bring one up to his lips to kiss. She looked at him.

"I don't care" he said.

She smiled, her smile was like the flowers blooming around them.

"I don't care if your not human I do love you, despite what you are, its who you are that I have fallen in love with and nothing will change that" he whispered making a small mantel note on how his pick up lines were very corny.

She laughed, but this laugh was joyous. "You are a Louse, Roger Smith" she said.

She smiled though, for some reason calling him that always just sort of brought out this humor within her. Yes, he was like a parasite that attached to ones heart and made them forget what they were sent to do. He felt happy, very happy that he wanted to jump in the air and just well run to wards the sound.

Sound? The keys were playing once more, and the vision of the land, and of Dorothy was slowly fading until the view of this bedroom came back to him. He sat up and ran his hand through his hair.

"It was a dream" he whispered chuckling.

The soft knock on his door let him know that it was indeed time to get up and into reality. He opened the door and there she stood.

"Good morning Roger" she said walking in to his surprise, which he seem to be getting many of whether they were real or not, she held baby blue bells in her hand. "Norman went to the market and picked these up, I thought I would share them with you, since the only shade in this room is black, this should get all the attention" she said.

He watched her as she placed the vase filled with flowers down.

"Roger...can I ask you a question?" asked Dorothy softly.

He turned towards her. "Um sure" he said.

"Do you think that maybe if I was human you and I, we...would we have fallen in love?" she asked.

He almost gasped. "I don't know Dorothy" he said.

She nodded. "Yes nor do I" she said recalling her dream of the night before, she didn't think that she could dream. "The stage is set for you to take" she said.

"Huh?" he asked. She looked at him.

"You are a Louse Roger Smith" she said as she walked out.

He chuckled and shook his head.

TBC