Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ A Frozen Heart ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Wait, you?” Toushiro asked. “There's no way you could be her.”
 
“Believe it, little boy. I'm that girl. The shy little girl you became best friends with.”
 
He sighed. “You're seriously trying to tell me that you're Kadis? That's must be a lie. Kadis had…”
 
I took off my hat. “Wolf ears, right? So now are you still gonna say that I'm not her?” I grinned.
 
“Alright, alright. I believe you. I'm sorry. I'm just a bit shocked. I mean it's been so long.”
 
“Yeah, I guess it has, Hitsu-chan.” I moved over so he could sit next to me.
 
“I really wish you would stop calling me that,” he muttered as he sat down. “Hitsugaya-sempai would be more appropriate.”
 
“Oh, I'm sorry, Hitsugaya-sempai.”
 
“That's a bit better. So what have you been doing in these last eight years, huh? Miss me?”
 
I shrugged. “It was hard after you left, but I soon got over it when I met Neko. She made it easier.”
 
Toushiro sighed. “I was replaced, huh? Gee, that makes me feel much better.”
 
“You seem depressed, Hitsu-chan. Something wrong?”
 
“Nah. I'm only kidding. I'm glad you found someone else to hang out with. You needed it. Seems it might have been a good thing I left after all. You're not the shy little girl I used to know anymore.” He smirked.
 
“You've changed a bit too, Hitsu-chan. Actually, you don't look like you've changed much at all.” I laughed.
 
“Hey, don't make fun of my height. I'm actually a bit taller now.”
 
“Not much it looks like. You're still short.”
 
“Alright, enough. I get it. I'm short.”
 
“Aw, I'm sorry, Hitsu-chan.” I messed up his hair. “All's forgiven?”
 
“Heh…yeah, I guess.” He grinned. “Still need help finding your way around the school?”
 
“I already know my way around. I don't need your help.”
 
“I should've known. But I'm still a bit lost, you know. Mind helping an old friend?”
 
“Maybe. What do I get, hm?”
 
“Um…my thanks?”
 
“Not gonna cut it. You left me alone for eight years. I want payback.”
 
“Like?”
 
“Hm…I'm still having trouble with my homework. If I show you around, you've gotta tutor me. Deal?”
 
He sighed. “Alright, deal. Your apartment, then? I mean, if you still live there and all.”
 
“That's fine.” I closed my notebook and put my pen back in my pocket. “I'll show you around.”
 
~♥~
 
The teacher stood at the front, giving her lecture. I sighed, staring out the window. Neko tapped my shoulder and handed me a note:
 
You seem pretty preoccupied, nya. Did something happen in the library?
 
I wrote back:
 
Sorta. I met the new student. Turns out, I actually know him.
 
I handed it back when the teacher wasn't looking. The rest of the conversation went like this:
 
Omg, you did? What's he like?
 
He's nice. I knew him before I met you. It's been a while since then.
 
Wow. Weird reunion.
 
He's changed. Sorta. Personality-wise, anyways. He's still as short as he was back then.
 
*Laughs* Really?
 
Yeah. But he's still as nice as he was then. Maybe even just as cute.
 
Whoa. Did you say what I think you just did? You've
never been interested in guys.
 
He's my friend! Gosh! I didn't mean it like that!
 
Sure. Whatever. Pay attention before you get in trouble.
 
Yes, mother.
 
She glared at me and I just grinned.
 
~♥~
 
“Took you a while,” Toushiro said when Neko and I met him outside. “Who's your friend?”
 
“This is Neko Nekogami,” I introduced. “Neko, this is Toushiro Hitsugaya, the new guy.”
 
“Hi-hi, nya~!” Neko said.
 
“Hello, Nekogami-san,” Toushiro said, bowing slightly.
 
“Just call me Neko, nya.”
 
“Neko-san, then. It's nice to meet the one who took my place.”
 
“Oh shut up,” I muttered.
 
He grinned. “Well, are you ready to go, Kadis?”
 
“Yeah, yeah. I'll see you tomorrow, okay, Neko?”
 
Neko tilted her head to the side, looking confused. “Where are you two going together all alone, hm?”
 
“We're not gonna be alone!”
 
Toushiro laughed. “I'm tutoring her.”
 
“Oh really?” Neko said. “Good. She needs it.”
 
“Hey!” I said, a bit embarrassed.
 
“Don't worry, I'll take good care of her,” Toushiro said, putting his arm around my shoulder. He could barely reach since he was so short.
 
I pushed him away. “I'll see you tomorrow, Neko.”
 
She giggled. “Okay. Bye, nya~!” She ran off toward her house.
 
I sighed. “C'mon, Hitsu-chan.”
 
“That's Hitsugaya-sempai to you!”
 
“Whatever…just c'mon.” I started in the direction of the apartments.
 
~♥~
 
I groaned. “I don't get this at all!”
 
“What do you mean, you don't get it? It's so simple!” Toushiro said, explaining the problem again. Math has never been my strong point.
 
“Let's just take a break, Hitsu-chan. I'm sure the twins are home by now.”
 
He sighed. “If you keep taking breaks, you'll never learn anything. Now, try again.”
 
“Fiiiiine.” I tried the problem again as he had explained for the fifth time. “Is that right?”
 
He looked at it. “Yes, finally. Do another one. I want to make sure you've got it.”
 
I did the next problem. “How's that one?”
 
“Perfect. You've got it. Now we can take a break if you want.”
 
“Finally!” I stood up and stretched before running out of my room. Izuko was sat on the couch, reading a new manga. Izumo was in the kitchen, preparing dinner. The two of them looked exactly alike: long black hair and black eyes. Izumo was the more serious and quiet of the two. Izuko was the perverted one. All he cared about was women and hentai.
 
“You've been in your room all this time?” Izuko asked, not looking up from his manga.
 
“Yep! Guess who I met at school today.”
 
“You seem happy, Kadis,” Izumo said. “Who did you meet?”
 
“Hitsu-chan! Hitsu-chan is back in town and he's going to my school now.”
 
“That little kid you met eight years ago?” Izuko said, putting his manga down. “I kinda liked him.”
 
“Yep. He's in my room now. I'll get him!” I ran back to my room and came back pulling Toushiro.
 
Izuko glared at him. “You two were alone together in your room?”
 
I felt my cheeks heat up from embarrassment. “Not like that! He's just tutoring me!”
 
Toushiro bowed slightly. “It's nice to see you again, Izumo-san, Izuko-san.”
 
“You as well, Hitsugaya-kun,” Izumo said.
 
“Yeah,” Izuko muttered, picking up his manga and reading it again.
 
“Why don't you stay for dinner, Hitsugaya-kun?” Izumo asked. “They're always room for one more.”
 
“Thanks, Izumo-san. I'll take that offer.”