Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ A Frozen Heart ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Toushiro and I ran around the playground, laughing. It was summer now, and the days seemed to go by very quickly. After running for a while, we both sat under our favorite tree, tired and worn out. We sat there for a while in silence, just staring at the clouds.
 
“That was fun,” Toushiro said, grinning. “We should do it again tomorrow.”
 
I nodded. “Yeah!”
 
The white-haired boy leaned over and kissed my cheek. “Hey, when we grow up, will you promise me something?” he asked.
 
I blushed slightly. “S-sure, anything.”
 
“Promise me…you'll be my girlfriend, okay?”
 
“Of course, Hitsu-chan!” I smiled, still blushing a bit.
 
I woke up from my dream, startled from what had just happened. `Did I really make that promise?' I thought. I shook my head. `Even if I did, there's no way that Hitsu-chan would remember that.' So why was my heart beating so fast?
 
~♥~
 
“Hey, Kadis,” Ichigo Kurosaki, a boy with bright orange hair, said when I entered class that morning.
 
“Oh, hiya, Strawberry-boy,” I said, grinning.
 
“Hey, you know I hate it when you call me that! Quit it!”
 
“Nah. Where's the fun in that?”
 
He growled. “Fine!”
 
“Will you two quit it already?” Renji Abarai, a tall student with bright red hair in a ponytail, red eyes, and weird tattoos all over his body (Don't ask how I know that), said. “You two are always fighting. Give it a rest for just one day, will ya?”
 
“Yes, father,” I said sarcastically.
 
“Ha ha.”
 
I grinned at him, sitting on his desk. “Oh you know you love it, Ren.”
 
His face flushed a beet red color. “J-just get off my desk, Kad…”
 
“Sure.” I kissed his forehead and got off his desk, grinning when he turned even redder. I went to my own seat next to Neko.
 
“You really should quit messing with him like that, you know,” she said.
 
“Aw, c'mon. I'm just having a bit of fun.”
 
“Eventually, it could lead to something bad, you know.”
 
“I doubt it.”
 
“If you say so, nya. So what happened with you and that new guy, hm?”
 
“Nothing happened! We were just studying, that's all!”
 
“You seem so defensive.”
 
“Look, we studied, and he stayed for dinner. Izumo asked him to. Nothing happened.”
 
She giggled. “Whatever you say, nya.”
 
The teacher came in at that point, saving me from yelling at her. “Alright kids, shut up and get in your seats, we've got work to do.”
 
~♥~
 
I sighed. “I'm going to the library,” I said when Uryuu joined Neko for lunch. “I'll be back at the end of the period.”
 
“Okay, nya!” Neko said before turning her attention back to her boyfriend.
 
I rolled my eyes and went down the hall to the library. As usual, I settled into my corner and pulled out my notebook and pen.
 
“Here again, huh?” someone said. I looked up and saw Toushiro there, a smirk on his face.
 
“I'm always here during the lunch period, Hitsu-chan,” I said. “What do you want?”
 
“Aw, be nice. I just wanted to say hi, that's all. Can't I do that anymore?”
 
“I guess. Just don't sneak up on me anymore!”
 
“Alright, I won't. Sorry.” He sat down next to me. I didn't even realize I had moved over for him. “So, what are ya writing, hm?”
 
I hid my notebook from him. “None of your business, Hitsu-chan.”
 
“Aw, my little wolfie-chan is hiding things from me…” he pouted.
 
I felt a flush on my cheeks. He hadn't called me that since we were kids. “I just don't want you to see! They're terrible.”
 
“What are?”
 
“My stories. They suck.”
 
He reached for my notebook but I slapped his hand away. “C'mon, let me see. I bet they don't!”
 
“No. Be quiet, we're in the library, you idiot.”
 
“Aw, fine. I guess I'm still tutoring you after school today?”
 
“Yep.”
 
“Ugh, alright. I'll see you after school then.” He got up and left.
 
I sighed. Why was my heart racing?
 
~♥~
 
Izuko glared at me when he saw Toushiro and me come in. “You're not going to your room again, are you?” he asked.
 
“Why aren't you at work?” I asked, growling.
 
“Hey, give me some credit. I've got the day off.”
 
“Of course. Whatever. We'll be in my room.” I pulled Toushiro down the hall to my room and shut the door, locking it.
 
Toushiro raised an eyebrow at me. “Why'd ya lock it?” he asked. “Expecting something to happen?”
 
“Ugh, no, you pervert. It's for privacy. Izuko's a snoop.”
 
“Ah, I see.” He put his bag down and sat on my bed. “Shall we get started, then?”
 
“I guess so.”
 
~♥~
 
Toushiro sighed, packing up his things. “It's late,” he said. “I should probably get going soon.”
 
“Aw, already?” I whined.
 
“Heh, sounds like you don't want to go, Wolfie-chan.”
 
“Don't call me that! You're so annoying, Hitsu-chan.” I crossed my arms and pouted.
 
“You haven't changed much. You're still stubborn.”
 
“Do you really have to go? Er…I mean…can't you stay the night like you used to when we were kids?” What the Hell was I saying?!
 
He blushed, stunned at what I had just said. “Um…did you just…?”
 
“J-just forget it. Geez.”
 
“Sure…but I guess I could stay…I mean, if you really wanted me to.”
 
“Didn't I just say forget it? Honestly…”
 
“S-sorry. I'm leaving then. See ya tomorrow.” He left my room and I soon heard the front door close as well.
 
I groaned and buried my face into my pillow. What was I thinking, asking him to do something so ridiculous?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kadis: Hope you all liked the new chapter! Please, review! Any criticism would be loved!