Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ BLEACHed Blitzkrieg ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: BLEACHed Blitzkrieg
Author(s): SanadaSayuri & Deragonmaji
Disclaimer: No money is made off this work of fiction. Bleach is not mine. If it was, I would be rich and I wouldn’t be writing this, now would I?
Summary: In a world where Kurosaki Masaki survived and is a world renowned political power, can her firstborn, Kurosaki Ichigo step up to the plate? What if he were to put his mother's teachings to use?AU
Pairing:
Note: Just another case of plotbunnies gone wild. Sorta AUish and crackish. Collab with Deragonmaji.

Prologue

“That girl…” A orange haired child ran toward the pale girl standing at the edge of the river.

“Ichigo! No!” A woman with golden brown hair darted after the child. ‘The Grand Fisher’s lure!’ The woman thought, ‘Ichigo must have seen the Grand Fisher’s lure! Oh, Isshin, where are you?!’ She wrapped her arms around her child and closed her eyes, waiting for pain.

“Dad!?” The surprised exclamation from her child brought Masaki to open her eyes. There was a dark colored blur in front of her, a lighter colored blur fluttering in an invisible wind.

“Is that…” Masaki said, shocked, “Isshin…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"We believe that whoever they are and wherever they're based, obviously one of the objectives of these attacks is to estrange the countries of the UN from each other. This is a time of chaos and mopping up." The light haired woman shook her head. "We haven't even really started recovering from the war, and all countries are, at this point in time, vulnerable, especially to attacks such as those occurring recently. I only hope that we can work together to discover and bring this group to justice."

Isshin lowered the volume of the television and smiled. “It looks like Mommy is hard at work, huh kids?”

“Mother will be back in time for Yuzu’s concert I hope,” Karin said.

“Chances are, she’ll be back by then,” Ichigo nodded, “but we can’t be sure. A politician’s work is never done.”

“Onii-chan would know, wouldn’t you?” Yuzu said, “Mother is training you to take her place, isn’t she?”

“And one day, she may even train the two of you as well,” Isshin said.

The room was filled with laughter. Ichigo frowned. He couldn’t help but feel as if everything was about to change.

How right he was…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Tell me, do you want the power to save your family?”

Ichigo nodded without hesitation.

“Then…” the katana was hefted with some effort and the blade was pointed at his heart. “Stab yourself with this blade, and I will pour my power into you.”

Ichigo didn’t think twice before wrapping his hands around the blade and jamming it into his chest just above his heart.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“How dare you touch Nii-sama!” she yelled.”Just stay there and don’t come after me! I’ll never forgive you if you do!”

“Ru-Rukia…”

She didn’t look back as the door closed behind her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Well now… You look like you’re in some trouble…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“It’ ;s your fault! If she had never met you, Rukia wouldn’t be in this position right now!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Tousen!” Komamura roared, “What is this?!”

“These eyes of mine see only the path of least bloodshed.”

“The path of least bloodshed you say?” A pained voice said. Eyes were drawn toward the injured ryoka child. “From what I see, you want a revolution, but to start a revolution in a place where bloodshed was minimal to begin with is not a path of least bloodshed! I know very little about the history of Soul Society, but I do know this much, until my companions and I invaded, there was very little unnecessary fighting. How is walking with a man who desires an object that should never have existed a path of least bloodshed? Already Aizen has begun a civil war that has no meaning for no other reason than to gain power! Is that a good reason for revolution? Power? A civil war over power is a meaningless war, blood of friends and family will be shed for nothing! If a revolution is necessary, then you, as a shinigami captain, have the power to push a reform that will change laws! Shinigami have much longer life expectancy than humans, and as a captain, you rarely find yourself in a position where you may die before your work is done. Little by little, a shinigami can change the way things are in Seireitei and have your voices heard, and you may well live to see the changes, something humans cannot do, and even so, humans do not always choose war to start a revolution! Many human generations may pass if you begin a revolution of words, but at least meaningless bloodshed can be avoided!”

Shocked eyes stared at the gravely injured boy. In the background, Ishida snorted. “To be expected from the child of one of the world’s leading peace advocates,” the Quincy said, pushing his glasses higher onto the bridge of his nose. “Kurosaki Masaki taught him well. There is no doubt that Kurosaki will do well in carrying on his mother’s work after her death.”

Tousen stood still, then said slowly, “I had never thought of that…”

Ichigo sighed, “No, of course not. Shinigami live for so long that they fall into a habit of thinking in certain ways, and thus overlook things. One word can make all the difference. Even humans, short lived and foolish as we are, know this.”

Tousen nodded slowly and walked over to Komamura. “I apologize my friend.”

Aizen’s eyes almost sparkled with glee. “Oh, very well spoken Ryoka. Already, you’ve cost me an ally.”

Komamura and Tousen immediately shifted to block the boy from Aizen’s sight.

“Well,” Aizen said lightly, “Either way, I suppose since you’re so much a politician, you can guess what I did.”

“You took over a ruling body here in Seireitei,” Ichigo said, “and sent out orders to bring Rukia back. You intended for the Soukyoku to burn away the outer shell, which is Rukia’s soul, hopefully leaving the Hougyoku untouched and vulnerable to your claim.”

Aizen chuckled, “You certainly were well trained. With that information alone, you deduced that I did all of this for the sake of power. Well then, I suppose I don't have to tell you what I'm going to do next... After all, Urahara left behind more than one way to extract something hidden in a soul..."

Ichigo’s eyes widened as Aizen lifted Rukia into the air as several spire-like objects burst out of the ground just before Aizen plunged a hand into her chest.

“Rukia…” Ichigo made a weak attempt to get up, only managing to scrape his injuries against the stone and dust of the cliff, sending jolts of searing pain through his battered body.

“Ahh…” Aizen breathed as he pulled his hand out of Rukia, a small jewel like object held in his hand, heedless of Rukia as she collapsed to her knees on the ground. “The Hougyoku… It’s so small…” He smiled, “Well, now that I have what I need…” He glanced at Rukia, and watched, brown eyes fascinated as the hole in Rukia’s chest closed, leaving no sign on her body or clothes other than her shocked eyes that anything had happened to her. “Oh? And there is no sign of damage to the soul…” He smiled, “Ah, well… I have what I wanted…” He picked up Rukia and held her up.

At the edge of the field, Ichimaru held up his sword. “Ikorose, Shinsou.”

A flurry of black and white sped past Ichimaru and Aizen, and a splash of copper scented red filled the air before hitting the ground.

“Nii-sama?!” Rukia said.

“Oh? I’m sorry, he got past me,” Ichimaru said carelessly in a fully unrepentant tone as Shinsou retracted.

Byakuya dropped to his knees as the blade was pulled free from his body.

“Nii-sama, why?!”

“There’s nothing to it,” Aizen said lightly, stepping toward the two Kuchiki, and laying a hand lightly on Kyoka Suigetsu’s hilt. Two flashes of bronze and black passed Aizen and he stopped. “My, here’s another nostalgic face,” he remarked.

“If you make even one move,” Yoruichi said warningly.

“I’ll cut your head off,” Soi Fong finished.

"As much fun as that sounds, I'm afraid I will have to decline." Aizen said with a small, almost unseen, smile.

Yoruichi's eyes widened as the implications shot through her brain. "SOI FONG!! GET OUT OF THE WAY!!"

Soi Fong and Yoruichi jumped clear just as Aizen and Ichimaru were engulfed in light descending from the cloudless sky. The shinigami stared in shock as a claw rent the air and hundreds of Menos Grande were seen through the sizable rip.

Those gathered on the ground, still able to fight, prepared for another attack when a sharp command from the Soutaicho stopped them in their tracks.

"We cannot take them whilst they are surrounded. This is a tactic the Menos Grande use when they wish to rescue their fellows. Those inside can neither attack nor be attacked while remaining in the light."

Ichigo snarled, "So we can't do anything??"

The soutaicho turned his grave face to the ryoka and shook his head slowly.

Aizen stared down at the shinigami as he and Ichimaru ascended. "Foolish." He ran a hand through his hair absently, slicking the brown locks back. His remaining hand rose to his face and took hold of his spectacles lightly. "You have no hope of defeating me. Seireitei will fall." His fingers abruptly tightened their grasp and shattered the delicate metal and glass. “And you, Tousen, you will regret having been so easily swayed by the words of a Ryoka child…”

The two traitors sent a final look to the shinigami before they vanished into the fissure. The rip closed behind them, sealing them and the Menos Grande from sight.

Unohana successfully broke the shocked silence with her orders to the members of the fourth division as to the placement of the medical stations and where to take the wounded according to the severity of their injuries.

Ichigo struggled weakly against the fourth division member helping him from the cold ground. He swiveled his head around in an attempt to locate the two Kuchikis. He was still searching as the medic laid him on the pallet to be treated. Orihime rushed over quickly to assist.

"Please hold still Kurosaki-kun. Your wounds are pretty deep." She spoke softly as warm golden light spread over the strawberry.

Ichigo lay still as requested. His eyes rose to meet Orihime’s. "Inoue.... Where are Rukia and Byakuya?"

She frowned in concentration. "They are not very far, Kuchiki-san has been treated, and Kuchiki-taicho is receiving treatment now. But please Kurosaki-kun, let me heal you before you go look for them!"

Ichigo released a relieved sigh. "Alright Inoue... I trust you." His eyes slipped closed as his head once more rested on the pallet beneath him.

Orihime felt a blush race across her face at his words. At once, she was grateful that his eyes were closed as she tried unsuccessfully to banish the flush that spread across her cheeks. A remorseful smile made itself known as she concentrated everything she had on healing him. It was the least she could do, because she had no doubt that as soon as he was able to stand and walk, Ichigo would seek out his friends and make sure they were alright.

~~

As he watched the proceedings from a safe distance, the Soutaicho frowned. His gaze swept over the shinigami laid out in the emergency medical stations, and the members of the fourth running to and fro as fast as they could, carrying supplies, water, bandages, and medicines of every kind.

Almost hesitantly, his old eyes drifted to the heavens, where two former Captains of the Gotei 13 had been not too long before. He could feel it in the air, in every pore and vein in his wizened body.

War was looming on the horizon, promising death and suffering to all. However, the Soutaicho knew, deep in his bones, that Seireitei would rise against the new threat. She would protect her lands, her people, and her wrath would be greater then anything any Shinigami in existence has ever seen.

Yes, Soul Society would fight, or they would die trying.