Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ BLEACHed Blitzkrieg ❯ The Kyouraku Son ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: BLEACHed Blitzkrieg
Author(s): SanadaSayuri & Deragonmaji
Disclaimer: No money is made off this work of fiction. Bleach is not mine. If it was, I would be rich and I wouldn’t be writing this, now would I?
Summary: In a world where Kurosaki Masaki survived and is a world renowned political power, can her firstborn, Kurosaki Ichigo step up to the plate? What if he were to put his mother's teachings to use? AU
Pairing:
Note: Just another case of plotbunnies gone wild. Sorta AUish and crackish. Collab with Deragonmaji.

Chapter 1

“Congratulations Isshin!” Shunsui crowed, throwing his arm about his brother. “Now we’re both Captains!”

“Brother, you have been drinking again,” Isshin said disapprovingly.

“Ah…!” Shunsui pretended to swoon. “Isshin, you’re so mean to your Big Brother!”

“If you are any indication of what I’ll be like after a decade of Captaincy, I hope I get killed before then.”

“Wai! So mean!” Shunsui swerved off the left, where Ukitake stood placidly watching the two brothers with amused eyes, and proceeded to glomp the silver haired captain. “Jyuu-chan! Isshin is being mean to me!”

“There, there,” Ukitake said, stifling a laugh, “I’m sure Isshin-kun didn’t mean it.”

Isshin snorted. “I’m just telling the truth.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Brother, I’m withdrawing from the Gotei 13.”

“What?!” Shunsui stared at his younger brother in shock. “What brought this on?”

“I met a woman.”

“A human then.”

“I already have permission from the Elders.”

“Do you have Yama-jiji’s permission?”

“Yes.”

“Do you have any idea what you’re doing?!”

“I love her, brother.”

Shunsui sighed. “Dammit, Isshin, you worked hard to get this far, and now, after so many years, you’re just going to throw it all away?”

“I never intended to stay in the Gotei 13 for my entire existence and Sotaicho and the Elders knew it. I joined the Gotei 13 because there is very little left for the third son.”

“You’ll be stuck in the human world and your powers will be sealed you know. The powers of any children you have will also have to be sealed or they’ll draw Menos Grande to them in droves.”

“I know.”

Shunsui dug out a bottle of sake and two saucers. “A drink then, to your new life in the human world.”

Isshin’s smile was wry as he took the saucer of sake. “Cheers.”

The two brothers then proceeded to get very, very drunk together.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Dad?!”

He heard his son call him as if from far away. His blood pounded in his ears, and he was far too aware of the Hollow’s presence in front of him, and the two people crouched on the ground behind him.

“Is that… Isshin…?” the voice of his wife was shocked but at the same time relieved.

Too close, much too close. Had he been an instant later, he would have lost his precious wife and their firstborn.

“Oh? Well, what do you know? A shinigami,” the Grand Fisher said.

Isshin braced himself and shifted his zanpakuto into the standard guard position. “Masaki, take Ichigo and run,” he said grimly, praying that his wife could hear him while holding onto their spiritually powerful son.

“How adorable,” the Grand Fisher’s voice was sarcastic, and Isshin imagined that the Hollow’s voice held a tinge of wistfulness.

“Both of you, run! Now!”

He faintly sensed Masaki scooping up Ichigo and running away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“I’m home!” a woman’s voice rang through the house.

“Kaa-chan!”

“Kaa-san!”

The voices of eleven year old girls rang through the house as they all but tackled their mother in their rush to hug and greet her.

“Oh, Masaki!!!!” a male voice cried exuberantly, “Welcome home!!! Come! Fall into your loving husband’s warm embrace!!!”

“Oh, Isshin,” Masaki chuckled as she hugged her husband, “You sound healthy as ever.” She paused and looked around. “Where is Ichigo, come to think about it?”

“Ichi-nii is on a trip with some friends,” Karin said. “How long will you be home, Kaa-san?”

“I need to leave in three days.”

“Oh, Ichi-nii-chan will be so disappointed to know he missed your visit Kaa-chan!” Yuzu cried.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Masaki sat in front of her dressing table as Isshin stood behind her, helping her comb out her lustrous hair.

“Isshin?”

“Yes, Masaki?”

‘Tell me the truth. Where is Ichigo?”

Isshin sighed. “A few weeks ago, a Hollow attacked, attracted by the childrens’ reiatsu. A shinigami was injured, and broke the seal on Ichigo. Soul Society interpreted it as giving her powers to a human as they weren’t aware of Ichigo’s heritage, and she was due to be executed…”

“And Ichigo went to save her.”

“Yes.”

“I should have known. That son of ours is far too noble for his own good.”

“Indeed.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Unohana smiled pleasantly at the orange haired ryoka. Wary eyes the color of wine stared back.

“Now, Kurosaki-san, it’s just a blood sample,” she said.

“Give me a good reason why I should submit to this.”

“It’s for records purposes, Kurosaki-san.”

“I doubt that that’s all.”

“I want to cross reference your DNA with that of previous shinigami who withdrew from the Gotei 13 and retired to the living world. It is possible that your powers as a Shinigami may be genetic.”

“Is that so?”

“Of course, Kurosaki-san.”

“Then this is just to satisfy your own curiosity? What gave you any indication that my powers might be genetic? From what I understand, most souls have the inherent potential to become Shinigami. How do you know that that is not the case here?”

“This is not just for my curiosity, Kurosaki-san. There is a high possibility that you, like previous living shinigami, have inherited your shinigami powers from a previously shinigami relative. Most recorded living shinigami received their powers from a relative who withdrew from the Gotei 13 for the sake of a human. If that is the case with you, then there is also the possibility that you have relatives in the Gotei 13, in which case…”

“You will let me know, and I will decide if it is necessary or appropriate to inform them of any relationship if any relationship be found.”

To Unohana’s credit, she did not show any reaction to the demand. “Of course.”

Ichigo’s eyes narrowed and he held out his arm. Unohana smiled serenely as she prepared a tourniquet and syringe.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Unohana’s eyes widened as she looked over the results of the blood test. She glanced out the window in time to see Ichigo leap out one of the dojo windows as Kenpachi appeared at said window and waved his zanpakuto threateningly. The boy shouted something along the lines of “Hell no!” and ran away with Kenpachi close on his heels.

Unohana sighed. The boy had an uncle in Seireitei, one who could protect him from the mechanisms of those who would use him. Aizen’s parting words with Tousen had been clear enough. Somehow, Kurosaki Ichigo had convinced the ninth division captain that defecting was not exactly a bright idea, much less supporting of his morals. Rumors were already spreading, and Tousen made no secret of the fact that one of the Ryoka had talked him out of being branded a traitor. The had even made a remark about the boy being groomed by his politician mother to continue her work when her time came to a close.

There was no one better to protect Kurosaki Ichigo in Seireitei than his uncle, who was not only one of the most Senior Shinigami Captains, but a member of one of the Four Noble Houses of Seireitei. Already, the child had the support of Urahara Kisuke, Shihouin Youruichi, Shiba Kuukaku, Zaraki Kenpachi, Tousen Kaname, Komamura Sajin, and in a roundabout way, Kuchiki Byakuya, and if one threw the boy’s uncle and father into the mix, automatically, House Kyouraku join the list. If House Kyouraku was on the list, then by association, House Ukitake would join the list as well. It was a very impressive list of allies for someone who had originally entered Soul Society as an intruder. The list would be even more impressive if one considered the age of the child, and that he had somehow convinced a Quincy of all people, to assist in rescuing a shinigami from a death sentence, even if the Quincy had done it simply to undermine and spite the shinigami.

Unohana sighed. She would let the child know about the relative that he had in Seireitei, but it wouldn’t be her fault if the results of the blood test were to accidentally fall into Kyouraku Shunsui’s hands without her knowing. It was not at all uncommon for some papers to get mixed up and be sent to the wrong places by accident after all…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ise Nanao entered the office intent on another attempt to get her captain to work. That was not to say that Kyouraku Shunsui did none of his work, but the amount he did could hardly be called adequate. The only reason the Eighth Division could even run as smoothly as it did was because Shunsui only did the urgent paperwork (which wasn’t much), and left everything else to Nanao.

“Taichou!” she flung the door open with just enough force to convey displeasure and disapproval, but not enough to cause it to slam. She stalked into the office and blinked. Kyouraku Shunsui sat with his chin resting on his laced fingers, his elbows propped on the desk, and he stared pensively at a sheet of paper in front of him. Another stack of paper was beside him and his hat had been hung on the back of the chair with both of his haoris.

“Taichou?” she ventured as she approached the desk. She glanced at the stack of paper and recognized the paperwork from the Fourth Division.

Shunsui said nothing and merely stood up and shrugged on his haoris and picked up his hat and the paper. “I’m going to return this to Unohana-taichou,” he said, his face still set in a grave and pensive expression. “It looks like this got mixed in with some of the reports of our division’s injuries. In the meantime, file those reports for me, Nanao.”

‘Taichou…” Nanao watched as her captain walked away. It was unusual to see him so serious, and briefly, she couldn’t help but wonder what could have gotten the normally laid back man in such a state.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“You’re kidding.”

Unohana studied the teen and said quietly, “I’m afraid not, Kurosaki-san. The blood tests prove it. You are the biological son of the third son of House Kyouraku, making you the son of a former captain, nephew of a current captain, and a member of Seireitei’s nobility.”

“So… I’m related to Kyouraku-taichou?”

“I believe I just said that.”

“Tell me that he’s not as bad as my father personality-wise? Tell me he’s not stupid, lazy, impulsive, and habitually does stupid things?”

“Far be it for me to speak ill of my comrades, however, you’re describing Kyouraku-taichou quite accurately, actually.”

Ichigo hung his head. “Great, there are two of them…”

“I assume that you’re willing to let Kyouraku-taichou know at the very least? He can provide you with some protection, especially once the political repercussions of your actions start rearing their heads.”

“Fine,” Ichigo sighed, “But if he attacks me the moment I walk through a door, I reserve the right to hit back.”

“I assume your father does that?”

Ichigo glared at the paper in his hands.

Unohana chuckled, “Why, what a coincidence. I recall that Isshin-san used to say that if he ever became like Kyouraku-taichou, he’d throw himself off Soukyouku hill.”

Suddenly Ichigo’s head snapped up and his eyes held a strange gleam. “Hey, Unohana-taichou?”

Unohana smiled. She recognized that look. It was the look of someone who had just found a source of both amusement and blackmail material. “Yes, Kurosaki-san?”

“You’re a Senior Captain, right? Does this mean you know quite a bit about all the stupid things my father did in the past?”

“You want blackmail material from me, Kurosaki-san?”

Ichigo nodded.

“You know I can’t give you anything that has to do with his medical records?”

Ichigo nodded, his eyes gleaming with anticipatory eagerness.

Unohana chuckled. “Well, there was one time not long after Isshin-san gain his captaincy over the tenth division…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Isshin blinked in surprise as a hell butterfly fluttered into existence in front of him as he stepped out of the bathroom. He held out a hand as it alighted on his finger, and cocked his head toward it and listened to the message. His eyes widened in surprise as he realized who the sender was, and why he was receiving a message from Soul Society after so long of silence, which ended in the necessity of receiving news about his loved ones and friends in Soul Society from the Urahara Shoten. He was barely able to keep from laughing at the indignant message from Shunsui though he made no effort to keep his lips from curling in to an amused smile as he listened to the contents of his brother’s message.

“Isshin?” Masaki looked questioningly at her husband’s reflection in the mirror as she styled her hair in preparation for the political dinner she was to attend. “What is it?”

“A Hell Butterfly,” Isshin said, his voice choked with laughter, “Apparently, Ichigo’s invasion of Seireitei also allowed them to ferret out a pair of traitors. At the same time, he put to use your training and talked a third out of defecting, and Unohana-Taicho took a blood sample to cross reference with other samples from various Shinigami that had been exiled or withdrawn into the human world, and found out that Ichigo is related to Shunsui, and Nii-san is upset since I didn’t try to send him a message letting him know that he’s an uncle…”

Masaki chuckled. “Ah, well, at least we know Ichigo-chan has had a chance to put his skills to the test.”

Isshin nodded, still smiling. “Nii-san wants to meet with me soon to discuss Ichigo’s poor timing in turning diplomatic when he was bleeding all over Soukyouku Hill though. If he can’t get permission from Yamamoto-Sotaichou to let me enter Seireitei, he’ll see if he can’t come down here for our little talk.”

“If Shunsui-san can come down and I’m home for that meeting, I’ll look forward to the meeting,” Masaki said.

The hell butterfly on Isshin’s finger took flight and flew into the Senkaimon that materialized just as another one flew out. It fluttered toward Isshin who blinked. “Two in the space of twenty minutes?” he asked as the hell butterfly alighted on his finger, “I certainly am popular today, aren’t I?”

Masaki only smiled and stopped fussing with her hair and picked up a compact of powder as Isshin lifted the butterfly to his ear. Her amusement became concern as she watched her husband’s eyebrows rise, almost disappearing into his hairline as he assimilated the contents of the message. “Isshin?” she asked after Isshin murmured his reply to the hell butterfly and sent it away. (Not that she could see the Hell Butterfly or the Senkaimon it had come through; she merely assumed that Isshin had sent it away after he dropped his hand to his side.) “Is something wrong?”

Isshin sighed as he shook his head and crossed the room and quietly wrapped his arms around Masaki’s shoulders. “I’m fine,” he said quietly, “But Sotaichou… He wants me to temporarily take the position of Acting Captain for the Fifth Division since their Vice Captain is out of commission due to Aizen’s betrayal. He’s also given his permission for me to go to Seireitei tomorrow morning to meet with my brother.”

“That’s a good thing, right?” Masaki asked.

“Yes and no,” Isshin said, “But I’ll deal with it. Don’t you worry your pretty little head about it. You just worry about the unification of nations.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“C’mon, Ichigo!” Kenpachi roared, “I know you can do better than this! Fight back bastard!”

“I don’t have a death wish you idiot!” Ichigo barked as he dodged another haphazard swing from Kenpachi.

Then out of nowhere, “ICHIGOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!”

Ichigo suddenly developed a twitch in his eye. “Oh, hell no….”

He turned and his leg rose and the figure slammed his face onto the bottom of Ichigo’s sandals. He kicked the face off his foot and glared at the figure on the ground.

“You have ten seconds to tell me why you’re dressed like a shinigami and why I shouldn’t beat you into a pulp for never telling me about this, DAD,” he growled.

“Oh! My son is so controlled!” Isshin bellowed, “He doesn’t even show surprise to see his Daddy as a Shinigami!!!!”

Kenpachi gave the man a strange look, then turned to the orange haired teen. “Is that really your father?” Ichigo’s eye twitched again. Kenpachi guffawed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Above them, Byakuya and Renji looked down on the scene from a third story window in confusion.

“Damn,” Renji muttered, “I guess he has a reason to constantly be grumpy if that’s his father…”

Byakuya’s lips twitched.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC….