Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Chaotic Outbreak Dark Fate ❯ Destiny Chapter 2 My Fate ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Site updates:
 
-Redesign Complete (slimmer and easier to navigate)
-Butterfly Effect Open
-Preview of next chapter for each story
-Updated Characters Listings
-Major Redesign
 
 
Chapter 2 My Fate
 
Landing firmly inside the city; Fayt looked around to see if anyone was following him, but nothing was anywhere. This street was deserted; all the feudal homes seamed to have no one in them. The dead silence on this perfect day was eerily strange, but Fayt was hoping to get some kind of insight to what he would be up against.
 
After a few seconds of analyzing his surroundings; Fayt began moving further into the city. He continued to walk for a good ten minutes, but nothing; no people or anything even close to something that could be used to warm up. The white tower ahead of him shown in the light from the perfectly clear day, but it was still so far away.
 
This time was being used by Fayt to get ready for the upcoming fight; what ever was up there had a powerful presence. It was exciting, and yet it completely eclipsed Fayt's power. Still he was only encouraged to continue towards the prospective fight; it was also terrifying, but this was Fayt's test. If he could even survive this fight; the rewards would be beyond belief.
 
Every single thought of doubt was silenced in his mind by a single thought; his aura. The aura that continually protected Fayt was always there. It would protect him, and to Fayt it was invincible. With this power of his; he silenced all thoughts of doubt in his mind. Never had he needed to use any of his other forms to this point, and there was no need. Still they slept within Fayt; all of this was only causing Fayt to believe that he could not be defeated.
 
The ever slow walk towards this omnipresent power was slow, but Fayt felt no need to rush the inevitable. This fight was going to happen regardless of how long he took, and the best thing was that Fayt had definitely homed in on the most powerful thing in the whole world. This was surely going to be the best fight ever.
 
“Hold it right there!”
 
Fayt stopped and turned his head ever so slightly around to see three men in black robes. He was nearly at a large blue wall that separated him from the white tower, and this fight between him and these unknown men; was little more then an aggravation. Fayt decided to play along; this would answer what to expect from some of this world inhabitants. “I would stay out of my way; unless you want to die right here…”
 
Each of the robed men moved to slightly unsheathe their weapons; Fayt could only chuckle at the thought. All of these strange men only had kitana's; it was hilarious to Fayt since he had yet to reveal his latest choice. Then he tuned back into reality, and listened to the idle threats. “This man must be with the other intruders; you are ordered by the soul society members of squad four to surrender.”
 
No response came, but Fayt just stood there smiling; that forced each of these squad members to draw their weapons. Then Fayt decided to finally respond; “so this is what this world is. A simple bunch of swords, but alas I'm not here to fight you; this will serve as little more then an aggravation for me. Still if I intend to get any stronger; I guess I will have to claim your lives, but since you are so very weak… I will have to overdo it to get any stronger at all!”
 
Fayt's arm reached up to the sky, and the still young members of squad four watched. Now they were starting to fear this man; he was slowly revealing his own power level. It was becoming overly frightening; especially with Fayt's wicked smile, but then he decided to push onwards in terrorizing his victims. “I can see all of your destinies… and let me say; all of your destinies are the same. And your destinies are to die at my hand!”
 
Then Fayt's hand came down, and with a single pink flash; a massive sword in his hand. The smile across Fayt's face struck terror into the young warriors. They started to quiver at the sight of his massive blade; the edge of the blade was lined with smaller teeth like blades, and this massive sword was terrifying.
 
A single twist of the handle, and the small teeth like blades rotated round. The sound coming from the blade ripped through the air, and Fayt's smile never once faded from his face. “You should probably run… not that it will make a difference.”
 
The young warriors could no longer stand there; the overwhelming aura was sweeping them away, and they turned and fled. Fayt just laughed for a moment; watching them run away. It was amusing, and Fayt took the time to let a powerful aura encircle his blade. His soon to be victims directly ahead of him; running in a straight line, and Fayt raised his blade high in the air. “Nothing more then an aggravation…”
 
The blade was brought down by Fayt, and a wave of energy tore through the street. One by one; the young men were swallowed up by the energy, and disappeared. Each one screaming in fear and pain; while their bodies disappeared into the stream of energy. Fayt continued to watch and laugh with no thought of what he had done. “This is it; this better not be all this world has to offer…”
 
From the cliff; Saix and his companions watched; taking in the destruction. “That dude is actually pretty strong; he destroyed a good portion of that street with a single attack.” After speaking; Xigbar used his eye to focus in on Fayt's smiling face, but lost his focus when Saix spoke up. “Fayt… clearly you have no idea of the meaning of sedulity. I cannot wait to see how you fail; then we shall claim your life.”
 
Fayt could only admire his handy work, and the strength boost from the battle was surprisingly generous. Then he turned his attention to the cliff; his eyes making out the three men from before. “Hope you enjoyed the first act, but the show is not over yet. Just don't think that I could not have destroyed this entire area…”
 
Looking back to the destroyed street and houses; Fayt lost interest in gathering anymore information. This had been so easy that he considered it a waste of time. Now Fayt turned to tall wall; it was the last thing separating thing, but Fayt had wasted enough energy. There was no point using his energy on a wall; not that he thought much of killing those young men, but Fayt could feel no sorrow in is action.
 
A quick look up the massive wall, and Fayt took a single last breath. “This is what I wanted after all… still… Why am I even hesitating right now?”
 
A moment passed before Fayt decided to simply shake off the feeling. What ever it was it had grinded his relentless quest forward to a halt, but now the feeling was gone. With a blinding purple flash; Fayt stood there with two massive purple wings attached to his back. “I will not be forestalled by a stupid wall!”
 
With a single trust; he shot up through the air; it only took a few mighty beats of his wings for Fayt to arrive at the top of the wall. His feet touched down, and he looked to get a much better idea of this inner sanctuary. Scanning was difficult from the buildings, but it mattered little. He could sense all the people with minor destinies scurrying like vermin, and it disgusted Fayt.
 
Then he zeroed in on a powerful presence that he had felt earlier; it was what Fayt had dreamed of. This man's destiny was so strong, and tied in with so many others. His aura screamed power, but it was so suppressed, and Fayt's senses immediately picked up on the suppression. Everything about this fight was making Fayt happy; he would not die here, and his power would grow beyond what he imagined; truly it was what he wanted.
 
A single thrust of Fayt's wings, and he was already gone; so fast that he almost instantly vanished. The targeted man walked slowly down the street unfazed by the fight that had taken place. He had had no trouble with his last fight, and now he needed to attend to his own matters; unconvinced that anyone could ever truly match him.
 
Then Fayt appeared before him; lifting his sword to his target, and blocking his path. Fayt tucked his wings behind his back, and stared at the dark haired man; smiling at the battle to come. Despite Fayt's sword; the man felt no need to bother with this person, and started moving in on Fayt, and he reacted.
 
A quick spin of his body, and Fayt's sword cut the ground in a crescent shape; the black haired man stopped finally, but gave no response to Fayt. The non responsive opponent just stared at him with a blank expression; that was un-amused with Fayt. “I'm here to challenge you, and you will accept, or I will kill you right where you stand…”
 
Again Fayt's gestures gagged no response; Fayt watched the man stare into his eyes. This was unnerving, and aggravating him from the lack of respect; this man was not going to provoke him. Fayt wanted a real fight; if only to make him stronger. “You should not disrespect me; my name is Fayt. I am destiny it self, and you will respect my power. I challenged you to a fight, and I'm not going to leave without it; now answer me.”
 
“And who exactly do you think you are to demand this of me?” This emotionally neutral statement; devoid of any emotion was what Fayt was hoping for. “I see no reason to waste my time with an opponent such as you. You who has done nothing worthy of me even recognizing you. All you have done is aimed empty threats my way, but none of them hold any water; for if you could sense my strength; you would know to just leave now.”
 
This statement by it self was amusing to Fayt; when ever he had done something like this; it had always led to a fight. Fayt could tell this man was cold, but figured antagonizing would bring the true fight out. “I can sense your strength, and it's not impressive, but who are you to just turn me down? You must think you are something special to act like this to me. You see; well I'm not even human, so I don't really care what you think; you will end up fighting me no matter what.”
 
“Human or not; you do not act like this to anyone from the Kuchiki clan. You should learn to respect your superiors; you do not even look like a soul reaper.”
 
Then Fayt lowered his blade, and looked at this man with a cocky glare. “So I guess you are not that good; you couldn't even tell that I'm not from this world. Seriously if you cannot tell that; then you are not that good, and you cannot even sense my power either. I guess maybe I am that good, but I have to ask. Should that name mean anything to me… seriously?”
 
“So you are not from this world; you are indeed interesting if you do in fact have more power then you are letting on right now. I do not sense you being that much of a threat to me, but you are most definitely different from all the other people here. So tell me; are you here to save my sister…?”
 
“You have a sister; why would I care about some girl that I have never met. You are the one I'm interested in; all I care bout is a fight. You see I just want to get stronger, and the best way right now is to go through you. Something that I can accomplish; all I want… is to fight you, and prove my strength.”
 
“Do you really think that much of yourself…? I can see right through you, and you should know that this will be a fight to the death. I will not grant a weakling like you a second chance. You have no idea what I'm capable of; so I ask this of you… Why should I; Byakuya Kuchiki grant you the honor of fighting me?”
 
“Well Byakuya; because I will not let you escape or rest till I get this fight… You may think that much of yourself, but you should not underestimate me. I have fought things that you could not even begin to imagine, and every time I have survived to fight again. So let us not waist any more time; you will fight me now… just the two of us, and you can try to kill me!”
 
“If that is what you want, and you will hound me relentlessly… then I have no choice but to show you the error of your ways…”
 
Instantly Byakuya vanished; leaving Fayt shocked at where he had gone. He turned to look around, and Byakuya appeared in front of him, and landed his sword into Fayt's chest. Fayt just stayed there stunned at his raw speed, and his opponent stood there; un-amused with much of aggravation Fayt was. “This is the difference in our abilities… you could never have hoped to have put up a fight against me.”
 
Song Firelight
 
Then Fayt let out a small enough sigh that Byakuya even took notice. “You really cannot tell my power…? I thought you said you were better then that; because you should make sure your opponent is dead before you comment.”
 
Byakuya glanced down to see a pink aura that firmly held his blade back. Upon closer inspection; the blade had not even come close to killing Fayt, and Byakuya backed away quickly to watch the aura fade. “That was a nice trick, but my aura will not let me die. Now it is my turn…”
 
Before Byakuya could react; Fayt disappeared, and decided to leave his opponent no time. Fayt appeared to his opponent's side, and smashed his sword into Byakuya's side. Fayt watched with glee, but the blade passed right through. Again his older opponent moved in an instant catching Fayt off guard.
 
The force of the blade sent Fayt back across the ground; till he eventually stopped. The pink glow around the region of impact faded in time, and Fayt laughed. “So you are fast, and you have some abilities that have power… What good are they if you cannot even break my aura… besides; you have not even seen this.”
 
The blade in Fayt's hand melted into a new form; while his arm moved up. At first Byakuya did not know what to expect, and then a blast of energy shot forth. Barely having the time to react; Byakuya moved and blocked the beam with his sword, and landed firmly on the ground. “You get it now Byakuya…? There are things inside of me that you could not understand. You are at the disadvantage; because you have no idea what to expect!”
 
Now Fayt began laughing, and fired again, and again; covering the area with blasts of energy. The endless barrage went on for minutes, and then Byakuya used his flash step again. Closing in on his enemy, but this time only found air, and that voice of his opponent returned. “Get it yet…? I have abilities that you cannot fathom; how can you hope to beat me; when you keep using the same move.”
 
Another shot fired out of the dust, and Byakuya easily dodged this attack. The cloud of dust faded so Byakuya could see the smoking rifle that Fayt held firmly in his grasp. His other hand was lifted, and a long blade formed in it. It was thin, but had a glowing edge, and Byakuya had picked up on the energy blade's special powers.
 
“You know what is truly amusing; is that you are already having trouble, and I have not pulled out my other abilities yet. This is going to be fun, and I thought you were going to provide a real fight, and now… I'm going to kill you!!!”