Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Chaotic Outbreak Dark Fate ❯ Destiny Chapter 3 My Fight to the Death ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3 My Fight to the Death
 
Song Controlling the Iron Beast
 
Fayt stood there, and just smiled at Byakuya with murderous intent while he enjoyed the situation. “You know what is truly amusing; is that you are already having trouble, and I have not pulled out my other abilities yet. This is going to be fun, and I thought you were going to provide a real fight, but now… I'm going to kill you!!!”
 
A second later, and Fayt was already closing in for a kill. His blade met with Byakuya's, and the clash sent sparks flying with the clash with the sounds of grinding metal. Each was pressing in with a good portion of his strength, and yet Byakuya looked to be in complete control of the fight. He leaned in and stared Fayt down like he was still just an insect. “Do you honestly think that you can match me…? That aura will fade, and when it does; you shall beg for mercy.”
 
The emotionless statement was followed by Byakuya bringing his sword slash through. The force sent Fayt back across the ground; still standing the whole time, but the force was amazing. Fayt even had decided to show some respect, and spoke in an emotionless tone as well but it was hard for Fayt to keep up the tone. “Not bad; finally you are actually trying, but don't underestimate my aura. It is invincible, and will never be broken by any one!”
 
The force and determination in Fayt's voice; showed he was a strong determined young man, but Fayt was still over confident. Scanning over his opponent; Byakuya could not find any fault in Fayt's defense, but he knew noting was perfect, and this enemy needed to be reminded of that. “Do not dream for an instant that you have something that perfect; nothing in this world is.”
 
The smirk that grew across Fayt's face showed no lack of confidence, and he could not believe this guy's words one bit. “How very profound, and you may be very right about that, but I'm not from this world!”
 
Leaping up into the air, and veering right for his opponent; Fayt swung the weapon he carried, and it transformed. The flash of pink light concealed it till it swiped across the earth; leaving a scar from the new massive blade. Fayt had a weapon that was only as limited as his imagination, but he never expected to hit his opponent with one attack.
 
Fayt turned his head to see Byakuya land behind him, and his opponent pushed off towards him. Not wasting anytime; Fayt turned, and brought the massive blade down into the ground. The blades caught while the fighters matched their strengths; both just trying to overpower the other, but finding it hard to gain a clear edge.
 
Finally the fighters' strength came through and the deadlock broke. The swords came down together and forced the fighters backwards. A single second passed of rest before the two rushed back in with their blades ready for another go, and Fayt entered into the match with a spin to gain extra force.
 
The clashing blades met with enough force to create sparks, either fighter knew what would come with a loss and they had no desire to lose. Byakuya kept his calm dignified composure while Fayt was gritting his teeth with rage. Fayt was so angry with how easily this man was keeping up, and it only fed his determination.
 
These two were so incredibly different, and yet shared the same determination. Byakuya had other plans for Fayt; testing him to see if he could be a worthy opponent. The determination was there, but Fayt still was behind in terms of strength but not in determination.
 
A quick thrust of Fayt's arms broke the deadlock between the two with a twist of surprise. The unexpected action taking Byakuya by surprise, and the moment seemed to slow down for a single instant. Fayt took the chance to flip his sword using his wrists; the blade morphing the rest of the way for Fayt to make another slash.
 
The next slash came so fast that it nearly knocked the blade out Byakuya's hand. The speed behind that attack just showed the problem behind letting this fight drag on. The longer Byakuya waited; the more resourceful Fayt became. He was starting use his powers with more skill then strength, and it was quite the shift.
 
Moving backwards after clearing the last attack was easy with the speed Byakuya possessed. His flash step letting him clear out so he could regroup. The act was nothing more then an act of a coward at first till Byakuya just stopped down the road. His face showing no fear or weakness even when he began to speak in his deep voice. “I see that given the opportunity; you could become a great fighter, but you are too dangerous to be left alive.”
 
The words rattled Fayt's soul, leaving him to wonder if he misjudged his opponent. It was impossible since Fayt could see everything that Byakuya could bring to this battle. Still Fayt wondered why he could feel a new power coming into play. It was too late to escape now but Fayt had no intention of leaving, even after when Byakuya spoke his next phrase. “I will not give you the chance to become a greater threat; my Bankai shall scatter you to the winds, and no aura shall be able to protect you.”
 
“We shall see…”
 
The zanpakutÅ of Byakuya was left to hang in his hand for a moment. Then releasing it; the sword dropped right through the ground. The effect spreading out, and almost seeming to transport them to a new dimension; surrounded by glowing black light. Byakuya kept his reserve and stared to speak only a few short words; “you should feel honored…”
 
Fayt's nerves were suddenly shot while his opponent continued to speak. “You shall now have the privilege of experiencing my true power… the power of bankai…”
 
Glowing swords surrounded and made the area completely enclosed. The pink glow lighting the area and making it all the worse for Fayt's nerves. The feeling that this new power was coming to light, but there was no way to keep a power like that concealed so well.
 
Could it be true; was this a power that Fayt could not stand against, but then the fear faded. Fayt would not back down, not after all he had already fought through. He readied his glowing sword, and let his aura fully encircle him. Charging forward with all his might; Fayt was ready to strike down his enemy. Byakuya started his attack with a single word to initiate his most powerful attack. “Scatter…”
 
Then Fayt could no longer move forward at all. Byakuya's power must have activated and was now suddenly pushing back; the force coming from no where. The sensation of his aura being ripped apart by small flashes of light that took on the illusion of fallen cherry blossoms. The number of cuts from what ever was attacking; was too many to count, and all robbing Fayt of his ability to fight back.
 
All of Fayt's concentration focused on holding out, and out lasting the attack. The longer the attack continued; the harder it was getting while the blades sliced through his aura. It never let up; all the slices slowly moving deeper and cutting quicker then Fayt's aura could regenerate. The seconds passing feeling like an eternity, and Fayt looked at Byakuya who was just standing there.
 
No emotion and no real expression across his face, and that is when Fayt gave in. The first cut scrapped across his chest, and the aura was gone. Not only had the protective Aura faded, but Fayt's determination. Even after all the small attacks; they kept coming, but this time through Fayt.
 
Each blade a small piercing pain while they passed through his body. Still Byakuya showed no mercy to his opponent. Even if he respected Fayt's determination; he would not show any mercy. The pain grew while thousands of slick tiny blades destroyed Fayt's entire body, and the fight was over.
 
Then the attack stopped, and they returned to the perfectly clear day, but Fayt could not see. His face torn to shreds of its former appearance, and his body ravaged by the small blades Byakuya had used. It took a few seconds for the damage to sink in, and blood burst from his body. Fayt dropped to his knees and held onto his sword for support; out of breath and defeated.
 
Everything was a blur with Fayt's eyes being cut and scared, and he could only breathe through his mouth. Breaths were muddled and weak; frequently cut up by coughs of air and blood. Fayt could not understand how he had lost at first, but maybe he hesitated to long with an opponent he knew nothing about.
 
Foot steps could be heard moving closer to Fayt, but all the strength was gone along with the will to continue on. Byakuya was impressed to see him still alive, but expected no less from this opponent and he decided to show his respect through his words. “You should feel honored; no one else has ever lasted close to that long against the power of my bankai… You have impressive abilities, but you are still no match for my power; be glad I leave you with your life. Now that you are crippled; you will no longer be a threat to anyone again…”
 
Byakuya started to leave, and passed Fayt by with ought so much as another word. There was nothing else that was needed to be said, but Fayt suddenly regained the spark that drove him. Something had grown inside him, and suddenly his power grew in a single epic jump and his overconfident voice came back. “You should have killed me; you will pay for this humiliation!”
 
The sudden jump in power caused Byakuya to immediately turn around. His opponent rose from the pool of blood, his aura now a dark purple emitting a massive amount of strength. Fayt's anger was peaking and his voice showing it when he spoke. “All you have done is made me beyond angry! I will be back, and I will take everything from you when I return; you understand!!!”
 
The shout sent a wave of energy across the street and past Byakuya. The power transfer made small rocks and gravel levitate. Slowly Fayt's body began to flicker and disappear for moments at a time; his voice still clear for everyone to his opponent to hear. “You made a mistake… one that will cost you.”
 
Then Fayt vanished leaving a small breeze to caress the still emotionless Byakuya's face. He considered his actions, but what was done was done and he sheathed his zanpakutÅ. If his opponent would return; then he would deal with him, but now he needed to deal with other matters. Still there was no doubt that Fayt could come back; a very worthy opponent.