Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Child's Play ❯ Child's Play (the real thing) ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DECEMBER 31, 6:30 AM
 
It's another day, another war between captain and vice-captain. Well… ex captain and ex vice-captain anyway. But that's not the point. The point is, that hell is about to break loose once again in Karakura. It's 6:30 AM and Aisu is currently creeping around inside the little shop, carrying a bucket full of ice-cold water. A sly smile was planted on her face. You might even mistake her for her brother if it were not for their very distinctive differences. Like their difference in heights for instance, and their hair. But even so, everyone always thought twice before annoying her. Aisu is and always will be a fierce fighter. Not someone you would want to meet on the battlefield.
 
She crept down the hall towards Kisuke Urahara's room. He should be asleep right now. And if he wasn't…hell would break loose sooner than anyone would have expected. No lights were on in the shop, and all was still. It seemed as if the room was made of glass. That if you moved one muscle or make even a sound, the whole world would shatter into a million pieces.
 
She slipped into the room and crept over to the sleeping figure. An evil grin made its way onto her face and she tilted the bucket ever so slightly, making the contents inside slosh around carelessly. She began to tip it over more, about to dump the whole thing onto his sleeping form. But before she could turn it over fully, he was gone. Just like that, he had gotten behind Aisu. He gripped her wrists tightly, preventing her from moving them even the slightest bit.
 
“Nice try, Aisu, but just not good enough,” he whispered into her ear. His voice was playful and that only annoyed her even more. She could never get him. Not once in the 5 months she had stayed there had she been able to prank him. Not even at the most perfect opportunities.
 
The annoyed look on Aisu's face disappeared as it grew to one of rambunctious pleasure. A static feeling washed over the room and Kisuke knew what was going to happen but he couldn't move his body. An electrical shock was sent through him and as he let go, Aisu quickly scurried out of the room. Now, the shock wasn't that great, but it was strong enough to at least make you lose your balance.
 
Kisuke quickly regained the state of mind he had lost from the shock and went after Aisu. She hadn't gotten very far and as she rounded the corner, he flitted towards her. This was the normal routine. Every morning, Aisu would devise a plan to torture Kisuke in his sleep, and while she comes so close to achieving, she is stopped just before the deed is done, and all her sadistic pleasures are squashed. Throughout the rest of the day, they would basically have an all-out war between the two. Ranging from food fights in the kitchen to full combat in the (HUGE) underground room. Yes, the two would do anything and everything under the sun. If it wasn't for Jinta, Ururu, and Tessai, they would probably kill each other. And at the end of the day, one or the other, or even both, would pass out from exhaustion.
 
Aisu ran down through the shop, Kisuke following suit. He was right behind her and she could see the outside by now. She threw open the shop door and ran out. Once several yards away though, she froze on the spot. It had just occurred to her that it was snowing. She wore only shorts and a tank top, but the cold had never bothered her before, why should it now? She smirked and bent down scooping up a handful of the white substance. She packed it into the shape of a ball and turned aiming at Kisuke's head. She missed by mere centimeters as he moved at the last second. He had a look of surprise on his face. And be well to notice that he was not wearing his hat.
 
“SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!” she screamed at the top of her lungs. The sun was just rising and she just couldn't wait to begin her rampage. She ran to the other side of the rode and frantically began creating her snow fortress. As the girl was at work, a sleepy looking Jinta came out the door. He was rubbing the sleep out of his eyes when a snowball hit him square in the head. He fell backwards onto the wooden porch. But just as soon stood up and started screaming profanities at Aisu. She just rolled on the ground laughing. Just then, another snowball hit her in the face. This one had come from the blonde ex-shinigami. He smiled as he tossed a snowball up in the air with one hand.
 
“You're such a kid, Aisu,” he joked and threw the other snowball at her. But she saw this one coming and dived behind her fort.
 
“Look who's talking!” she shouted back. She peeked over the top of her protection only to be hit with another snowball from Jinta. Aisu was fuming now. “Oh, it's on. LET THE SNOWBALL WAR BEGIN!!” she shouted just as Ururu and Tessai came outside. They looked dumbstruck. But they got no further than the porch before getting blasted by an onslaught of snowballs. They quickly returned inside where they watched quietly by the window.
 
***After the war***
 
Everyone lay panting on the ground. Yes, everyone. Once Tessai and Ururu saw what fun they were missing out on, they joined in the war. There had been no real winner, although both Aisu and Kisuke insisted that they had been the victorious one. Now it was getting dark. They had played the entire day, not even stopping for meals. Now, Kisuke and Aisu lay panting next to each other. For the most part, those two were tired from all the arguing they did over who was the winner. But they were still going at it.
 
“I won. My fort was bigger. You got hit WAY more times than I did,” Aisu argued. She breathed heavily, refusing to give up just yet.
 
“Yeah, but my fort was more stable and I HIT way more people than you,” he argued back. “You wouldn't even be here if it weren't for me.”
 
“Yeah, but if it weren't for me, you'd be old and out of shape,” she replied. He grunted. She smirked. “That's what I thought.”
 
Everyone else had gone inside by now and were drinking hot chocolate. The other two just lay there, gazing at the now starry sky. All was silent. Not wanting to break the peace of night, neither said a word. Neither moved a muscle. Not even the critters of the night made a noise.
 
A star falls. No one says anything but both knew what had happened. They both made a wish silently.
 
Suddenly, a loud noise shattered the silence. They both stood up to see what had happened. But without thinking about it, they both knew that it was midnight. The loud sounds of fireworks echoed throughout Karakura. It was a New Year and time for new things. But Aisu wondered if anything would ever change for her. Suddenly, a hand was wrapped around her waist and the next thing she knew, she was on the roof of Urahara shop. From here, you could see everything. The fireworks, the stars, and the whole city. It was a beautiful sight to see.
 
Aisu noticed that Kisuke's arm was still wrapped around her and tried to wriggle out of his grasp, but he just held tighter.
 
“Happy New Year, Aisu,” he said to her. He was looking her right in the eye. She was entranced.
 
“Happy New Year to you too, Kisuke,” she said. They just stared into each other's eyes as the fireworks continued to go off. Only then did she really notice how close they were. She turned her head, feeling the heat rise to her cheeks, but a hand grabbed her chin and pulled her face back towards him. Then, suddenly, she felt his lips on hers. She couldn't understand at first, but stopped thinking about it soon enough and began kissing him back.
 
By now, the finally of fireworks was going off. The explosions illuminated everything in sight, and nothing was left unseen. Not even the two exiled shinigami on the roof. They broke apart and Kisuke rested his forehead on hers. And everything would have been perfect if it weren't for the bouts of laughter coming from an amused Jinta.
 
All of them had come out to see the fireworks when they saw the two making out on the rooftop. Aisu looked at Kisuke with a disapproving glare.
 
“Did you know they were watching the whole time?” she asked annoyed. He just smiled and nodded. “Oh, well. It's too late now. I'm tired.” He picked her up bridal style and carried her back to her room. He laid her down and was about to leave, but she held onto his clothes and told him not to leave. He sighed and lied down next to her. He ran his hands through her hair and she began to fall asleep. He wrapped his arms around her and fell asleep as well.
 
`I guess things do change after all,' Aisu thought to herself as she fell into a deep slumber with thoughts only consisting of Kisuke Urahara.
 
January 1, 12:37 PM