Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Crazy Day ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Bleach or any of its characters, they belong to Tite Kubo.

When Ichigo walked into school that morning he had a feeling that the day wouldn’t be a good one. He was already having a rotten morning. His dad was successful in ambushing him when he was already running late. His shoulder still ached. Just my luck it’ll bruise. Stupid Kon just had to hide my alarm clock. The mod soul was upset because he had refused to let him go out last night. In revenge Kon waited until Ichigo had fallen asleep and hid the alarm clock, of course that wasn’t all that he did. No, the damn lion just had to hide his backpack, tie his shoe laces together, and destroy all of the homework that had taken Ichigo hours to complete. After running the entire way, he was able to make it to school with two minutes to spare.

Five minutes after class started, Ichigo felt the urge to bang his head against the desk. His teacher just asked for the homework that he didn’t have thanks to Kon. Just wait till I get my hands on him. Out of the corner of his eye he caught Tatsuki giving him an odd look. What’s up with her? She’s been acting really oddly lately. He turned back towards the front in time to see a piece of folded up paper land on his desk. Glancing quickly to make sure the teacher had her back turned, he opened it up to find a…poem?

My Dearest Ichigo,
Let me tell you how much I love you,
Your sweet voice fills my ears with music,
Your hot body fills my dreams,
I want to be with you always,

Ichigo stopped reading the page long poem after that last line. Who the hell wrote this? Taking a glance at some of the other lines he felt violated in a way. Apparently someone was stalking him. Suddenly feeling like he was being watched he looked up and found Chizuru staring at him. Upon realizing that she had his attention she gave him a shark like smile.

Ichigo gulped turning his attention back to the teacher. Please tell me she’s not going to start treating me like she treats Orihime. Thankfully the rest of the class passed uneventfully. Unfortunately, his next two classes didn’t go so smoothly. Tatsuki kept coming over to him before turning around and quickly leaving. One moment she was acting normal then the next she was blushing. Orihime seemed to have forgotten what personal space was. At one point she had him backed against the wall. Fortunately, Uryu distracted her long enough for him to make a quick getaway. However, Chizuru and some of the other girls in his class were waiting for him outside of the classroom.

What the hell is wrong with these girls?! He thought as they surrounded him. Each had a creepy smile on their faces and hearts in their eyes.

Rescue came in an unexpected form.

“Oi, Ichigo!”

I’d know that voice anywhere. “Renji?” Sure enough the redhead, in a gigai, stood at the end of the hall waving frantically. “Huh?” All of a sudden the girls seemed to shrink away from him. A pair of arms wrapped tightly around his arm pulling it against a huge pair of boobs. Ichigo’s head jerked around to come face to face with Rangiku, who was giving the group of female jackals a smug look of victory.

The strawberry-blonde looked at him and winked playfully before pouting. “Why did you leave without saying goodbye?”

Ichigo stared at her in confusion. She pouted even more leaning into him. “Didn’t you have fun last night? I know I did. Who would have thought you had so much stamina?”

“WHAT?!” The air around them suddenly crackled, sparking with anger, jealousy, not to mention bloodlust. Ichigo’s brain happily took a vacation; it wasn’t capable of dealing with anymore surprises.

Rangiku had an extremely smug look on her face as she looked at the girls. “Sorry ladies, I need to borrow Ichi-kun, after all I want a repeat of last night.” With that said the strawberry-blonde proceeded to drag him off down the hallway towards Renji and around the corner. She didn’t let go of him until the three of them reached the roof.

“Geez Rangiku, is he going to be all right?” The redhead asked after seeing that Ichigo still hadn’t come back to reality.

The Fukutaicho just laughed. “Oh, he’ll be just fine once we get him to the Soul Society.” A wicked smile appeared on her face, “You just have to make sure to keep Rukia occupied until I can get him into my division.”

Renji wasn’t looking forward to that. As he opened a door to the Soul Society he asked, “Why the hell does this baka have to be so popular with girls?”

Rangiku just laughed harder, pulling Ichigo along with her through the door. Renji shook his head as he followed them. He actually felt sorry for the strawberry.


When Ichigo’s mind finally came back from wherever it went he came alert just in time to see Rangiku tie a ribbon around his neck. “What the hell, Rangiku?” He reached up to untie the ribbon, but his attempt failed when she laughed while swatting his hands away. Deciding to untie the ribbon later when her back was turned he asked, “Why am I in the Soul Society?”

She grinned mischievously, “Well, apparently you’re quite popular with girls.” Her grin widened at his panicked look as he remembered what had happened earlier. “You’re fan club even includes Rukia. When Kuchiki-taicho learned that she was going to make a surprise visit to see you he ordered Renji to stop her. Renji was with me when he received the order and I decided to come along.”

He sighed knowing that she only came to avoid doing the huge pile of paperwork sitting on her desk. “So what does that have to do with me being here?”

“Well, when we saw you surrounded by that pack of rabid fan girls I decided that the only way for you to have any peace was to bring you here.”

Ichigo didn’t trust her innocent look which was quickly replaced with a look of pure evil. “Besides,” she continued, “no one will bother you here in Division Ten. Nobody wants to piss off my Taicho, not even Kuchiki-taicho who would be the one held responsible if Rukia bothered you here.”

The strawberry shuddered at the thought of the smaller male’s wrath. Her words were true, though. None of his classmates were here, and Rukia didn’t have the guts to face Toshiro. However, there was something that was bothering him, “Does Toshiro know?”

“That’s Hitsugaya-taicho, and I know now.”

Both Rangiku and Ichigo jumped at the sound of Hitsugaya’s voice coming from the doorway. As usual the prodigy was scowling in annoyance. “You should be doing your work instead of…” He trailed off seeing that she had vanished out the window.

Ichigo watched the prodigy sit down and work. “Is it a problem if I stay here for a while?”

The smaller male looked up from the paper he was reading, “No, she wouldn’t have hauled you here in the middle of the day if you didn’t really need the break. Just keep it quiet.” His attention went back to the paper in his hand.

Ichigo grinned at the sight of the workaholic Taicho. In a way, the sight was calming to his overstressed nerves. Of course, that was probably due to the major crush he had on the smaller male. He lay back on the couch making himself comfortable, soaking in the cool reiatsu. A few minutes passed in comfortable silence before being broken.

“Care to explain why you’re wearing a ribbon around your neck.”

Ichigo reached up to touch the ribbon that he had forgotten. “I don’t know. Rangiku put it there while I was still out of it.” There was some kind of design on it but he couldn’t get a proper look at it from the angle he was at. “I figured it’d be too much trouble to take it off while she was here since she’d just make me put it back on.” His eyes shifted back to the other male who snorted. There were sounds of struggling in the hallway and they were coming closer to the office. Soon Ichigo could hear voices one of which belonged to Rukia and the other belonging to a rather frantic Renji. The strawberry knew it was futile to hope that Rukia wasn’t on her way to see him. For whatever reason the majority of girls he knew had it out for him today and he was sick of it. You’d think it’s obvious that I don’t like girls by now.

With a loud bang the office door was shoved open admitting Rukia with Renji wisely staying in the hallway. The look in her eyes was creepy and Ichigo had a hard time ignoring his body’s idea to jump out of the window and run. Rukia got within a foot of him before her eyes lowered to his neck and she froze. “Why are you wearing a ribbon with light blue dragons on it?”

Ichigo shrugged his shoulders in response. So that’s what the design is. He shivered as the temperature in the office dropped by at least thirty degrees. The change in temperature snapped Rukia back to awareness reminding her whose office she was in.

“Kuchiki, I hope you have a very good reason for barging into my office in such a manner.” Ichigo winced at the coldness in the prodigy’s voice. Rukia took a few steps back towards the door, immediately bowing and apologizing as if her life depended on it. “If you have no reason for being here I suggest you leave,” and here the prodigy paused as he got up from behind his desk and moved until he was right beside Ichigo, “but before you go, there is something you need to see.”

The white-haired prodigy grabbed Ichigo by the shirt, jerked him up off of the couch, and kissed him. At first Ichigo’s mind couldn’t process what was happening, then it clicked in his mind that he was being kissed by Toshiro, and he responded enthusiastically. Dimly he heard a loud thump but he was too busy enjoying the feel of Toshiro’s lips against his to really care. He frowned when Toshiro pulled away smirking to look at the floor where Rukia lay unconscious.

“Abarai-fukutaicho, I suggest you take Kuchiki to her division now,” Toshiro ordered.

A strangely subdued Renji walked in and carried Rukia away. As soon as they were alone, Ichigo wasted no more time by grabbing the prodigy and pulling him into another kiss. He swore he heard Toshiro purring. After an eternity passed, his lungs couldn’t take being deprived of air anymore and he reluctantly broke the kiss. Toshiro was looking at his neck causing Ichigo to once again remember the ribbon. Grinning idiotically Ichigo said, “So now I get why she put this on me.”

Toshiro looked up at him with a question in his eyes before understanding dawned on him. Muttering something about nosey fukutaicho’s, he tried to free himself from the strawberry’s hold to go back to work but Ichigo wasn’t letting go. “It really isn’t fair,” Ichigo mused out loud as he pulled the prodigy onto the couch with him. “I mean, seriously, she put this on me to show that I belong to you; however, you’re not wearing anything that shows you belong to me.”

“Crazy baka,” muttered Toshiro as he reluctantly cuddled against Ichigo.

Ichigo just chuckled and held onto the prodigy tighter. Turning serious he asked, “Will you be my boyfriend?”

Toshiro snuggled closer, “Yes.”


Later that evening, Rukia finally woke up from her impromptu nap to find Ukitake-taicho anxiously watching her. Completely confused, she couldn’t figure out how she ended up back in her room. Her Taicho was giving her a worried look. “Are you all right, Rukia? Abarai-fukutaicho wasn’t making much sense when he brought you here. All Kiyone understood was something happened in Hitsugaya-taicho’s office.”

Instead of answering him, Rukia let out a loud squeak as her memory of what occurred right before she passed out returned.


Two days later, Ichigo unhappily walked into school; but not because of his dad or Kon. No, he was unhappy because he hadn’t seen Toshiro for two days. He trudged his way into the classroom ignoring his classmates and sat down at his desk.

“What’s wrong with you?”

Ichigo’s head whipped around at the sound of Toshiro’s voice to see his boyfriend in a gigai and school uniform. There was a smirk on the prodigy’s face, no doubt from seeing the look of shock on Ichigo’s face. The strawberry started to reply but stopped when he noticed something glinting on the loosely tied tie. He leaned forward to get a closer look at what turned out to be a small strawberry pin. He looked up to see a light pink blush on Toshiro’s cheeks.

The prodigy looked off to the side and muttered, “Rangiku made me wear it.”

Ichigo smiled happily and made a mental note to thank the strawberry-blonde the first chance he got. In his pocket lay the dragon ribbon.


AN: This is something that popped into my head out of nowhere and demanded to be written as I was trying to finish Ch. 6 of Time to Meet You.