Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Lifeless ❯ Meaning ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Meaning
 
Masumoto doesn't know what to make of the look on her captain's face. She does know he probably doesn't know what to make of hers either, he doesn't know what Gin meant to her (what did he?) and she doesn't know what Hinamori means to him, so it's fair in a twisted sort of way.
 
It's upsetting, though, when she hunts through Seretai for her captain and finds him sitting in that room looking at Hinamori's face, because there's something very sad and faintly funny about the way the boy-genius captain with the eyes of ice hold so tightly on to a childhood he claims does not exist.
 
But Hinamori-fukutaichou isn't his childhood, really.
 
She's more upset for Hinamori than herself, because she knew Gin was a snake and she knew that that bastard had his own agenda but Hinamori-fukutaichou loved Aizen, probably still does and, along with more than half of the Gotei-13, herself included, the 5th division vice-captain worshipped her captain like a god.
 
Hitsuguya-taichou knows it too. She sees him touch Hinamori's hand and sees his eyes trace the pale line of her face.
 
She hears him promise to kill Aizen for Hinamori, and thinks, lightheartedly, like she hasn't in so long, `My little captain's all grown up'.
 
She thinks this is what Hinamori means to him.
 
-end-