Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Lifeless ❯ Ownership ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ownership
Year ago, decades, Hitsugaya Toushirou entered the Shinigami academy, chasing after Hinamori Momo. Following Hinamori in to the school was a dream for a while, and he thought of all the thing he wanted to say to her, wanted to burble on about how much I've missed you and look how good I am and most pressing of all, did you miss me too? And hear her say I missed you too and you're so good and let's do (something. Anything) together, Shirou-chan. But when he saw her again he didn't say any of those things, just kicked her on the ankle (what he would have given to able to bop her on the head) and said, “Oi, I'm here.”
She doesn't call him Shirou-chan, didn't say she missed him, but when he told her how well he was doing her face had filled with admiration and just a shred of envy and somehow that expression had him walking on clouds for a week.
Then the captain of the 5th division came in to guest lecture for a week and the very first time Hitsugaya saw Hinamori's adoring eyes and heard her breathless, `Aizen-taichou!” he thought he could learn to hate this man.
He didn't.
He was taught to like him.
It wasn't hard to like him, or at least respect him, the fair, handsome captain with plenty of people who worshipped the ground he walked on.
It wasn't hard to hate him either, perfect Aizen, with his perfect face and his perfect personality, with every damnthing Hitsugaya wanted, from his captain's coat to his absolute confidence to Hinamori trailing after him with her heart in her eyes like she'd follow him anywhere.
He eventually got the captain's coat, but Aizen got Hinamori and that damn bastard still has her, with her soul broken into pieces and her mind off who knows where.
She's still not his, still just out of his reach.
She'll be his when she wakes up, he promises himself. He refuses to think that maybe she won't wake up, not wanting to face a world without her beloved Aizen-taichou.
When she wakes up, she'll be his. And no one will ever hurt her again.
-end-